[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks take a jump
Author Thread
Nelly17
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #131
USA
11/27/2001  11:08 PM
ESPN ranked us better after Marcus came back...but still number 19!

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/index.html
AUTOADVERT
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/28/2001  1:27 AM
we got to get to .500 before we can be in the top 15. but i think it will happen soon and once spoon gets back we will have great depth and thats when we can make a trade for a scoring big man. those rankings dont mean anything anyways espn hates the knicks adn all we got to do is make the playoffs and we got a shot of making the finals.
Matt
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/28/2001  12:41 PM
Posted by john44:

we got to get to .500 before we can be in the top 15. but i think it will happen soon and once spoon gets back we will have great depth and thats when we can make a trade for a scoring big man. those rankings dont mean anything anyways espn hates the knicks adn all we got to do is make the playoffs and we got a shot of making the finals.

I would actually like to see us go to the lotto this year. I'm sure Dave Stern would fix it so that we got the #1 pick. I'm sure Stern told Mike Jordan - you come back to the NBA, we give the Wiz the #1 pick.

If we go to the lotto, i'm telling you, we take Chris Marcus of Western Kentucky.

'Western's Chris Marcus had 22 points and 11 rebounds before fouling out at the end of the first overtime. Without their 7-foot-1, 285-pound center, the Hilltoppers (4-1) lost their inside advantage and held the lead just once in the second overtime.

"I give him a lot of credit. He's a big guy. He's huge. You're not going to see a lot of guys like that in the Missouri Valley," Dabbert said.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/mbasketball/recap?gameId=213310116

PLAYER MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF TOT AST PF PTS
Marcus 33 8-14 6-7 1 11 0 5 22

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/mbasketball/boxscore?gameId=213310116
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/28/2001  2:28 PM
Thanks for the Chris Marcus coverage, Case. This guy looks pretty impressive.
We suck.
john44
USA
11/28/2001  3:35 PM
screw the lottery good teams stay good because they make smart trades and make good use of the draft picks they have. Look at the best team in teh league the lakers, they trade vladi divac for Kobe Bryant and with no lottery picks they get very good role players like derek fisher and devon george. i would love to have fisher over any of our point guards.
Matt
Caseloads
11/28/2001  4:04 PM
Posted by john44:

screw the lottery good teams stay good because they make smart trades and make good use of the draft picks they have. Look at the best team in teh league the lakers, they trade vladi divac for Kobe Bryant and with no lottery picks they get very good role players like derek fisher and devon george. i would love to have fisher over any of our point guards.
Yeah, okay, so they traded their Center, Vlade Divac for Kobe. How often do trades like that happen.

Maybe the Atlanta-Grizzlies trade w/ Shareef for Pau Gasol.

Devon George was a draft pick. So was fisher. They developed them.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/28/2001  5:44 PM
Posted by john44:

Any player next to Shaq and Kobe will be excellent role players. It's the same with the Jordan-Pippen effect: Scott Williams, Craig Hodges, Steve Kerr, me (if I had the chance). Fisher is average at best.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
john44
USA
11/28/2001  6:16 PM
yes shaq makes players better. so y couldnt ewing make our draft picks better. Macarty, williams, wallace. the only draft picks the past 10 years that have done anything in the nba has been anthony, davis, and ward.
Matt
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/28/2001  6:44 PM
Posted by john44:

yes shaq makes players better. so y couldnt ewing make our draft picks better. Macarty, williams, wallace. the only draft picks the past 10 years that have done anything in the nba has been anthony, davis, and ward.

Ah, and therein is the reason Ewing never won a championship - he never really made the players around him better (that and he played against Jordan in his prime). He always wanted to be 'the man'; instead of constantly demanding the ball in the post on every possession and then taking a shot, he could have become a better passer and opened things up for the players around him. He could have acquiesced in his later years to players like Houston and LJ (when he first arrived). Now look at him, a has been who didn't even want to stay in the city that was once his.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
11/28/2001  7:19 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by john44:

Ah, and therein is the reason Ewing never won a championship - he never really made the players around him better (that and he played against Jordan in his prime). He always wanted to be 'the man'; instead of constantly demanding the ball in the post on every possession and then taking a shot, he could have become a better passer and opened things up for the players around him. He could have acquiesced in his later years to players like Houston and LJ (when he first arrived). Now look at him, a has been who didn't even want to stay in the city that was once his.
you know what? Starks was a big beneficiary of Ewing getting doubled in the post. He made Mark Jax rookie of the year as a freshman. Ewing just wasn't the greatest passer. I mean, when you're a center and you think you're the man, and you're getting the rock 5 feet from the hoop, you're not going to pass. And Ewing used to be money out to 15 feet. So why pass? Who else was money on the Knicks? Everyone else was a role player, no close stars. I mean, Oakley and Starks were all stars, but only because Ewing was amazing in '94. Oakley was also money at the jumper from 15 feet out. But who else was there? Doc Rivers was injured alot. Derek Harper was an old coot when we got him. Starks played on heart alone, that's why NY liked him so much. Ewing never had a Pippen to his Jordan. A Jordan team without a Pippen is the Wizards. Mike right now isn't as bad as he seems, but needs a "man B" to have his back. He never won anything major before Pippen came to town. Ewing carried teams on his shoulders to the conference and nba finals.
Knicks take a jump

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy