[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2nd round potential
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/13/2004  12:40 PM
as a casual watcher of college ball, i do not now the players in and out like most of you. but i browsed through some of the prospects for the second round and there were a few names that caught my eye: ricky paulding, darius rice, david harrison and herve lamizana. do any of you know how good these cats are? can they solve some of our problems ( height, athleticism, houston replacement, etc.)?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/13/2004  12:48 PM
i've seen Lamizana play some games last year for Rutgers & i think he would make a good addition to the Knicks...he has good shotblocking instincts & good athleticism...not very polished offensive game, & sometimes loses intensity on the D, but when he wants it, he brings some nice intangibles, altering opponents' shots, rebounding, defending, etc.

i think he can become a shorter version of Sam Dalembert w/the right developing & coaching.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/13/2004  1:32 PM
David Harrison played well the few times I've seen him. He's funny cuz he looked dominant the first time I was him and the next time wasn't as memorable.

With all those Euro's expected to go in the first round....Harrison most likely be on the radar.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/13/2004  1:47 PM
I like the guy from Xavier... Sato. You could easily get the Spurs #1 for our #2 and cash as they need the cap space (remember unsigned draftees count against your cap) to resign Ginobili and Turko (Gino is early Bird so they need the space).
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/13/2004  2:54 PM
I go to Rutgers. I've seen Herve Lamizana's whole career. He's an amazing athlete and shotblocker. He can even step out and hit an occastional 3. But he's got nothing in the intermediate and doesn't seem to want it. He could be a lot better than he is. He's also very thin (6-11 215-220). He needs the NBA weight training and needs NBA coaching...but based on athletic ability this guy is amazing....he compares to the lottery picks in that regard. He'd be an amazing get in the 2nd round. At first you can work him in a role player, and after a few years he could develop into a Camby/Dalembert type, or possibly even a Rashard Lewis/what Eddie griffin was supposed to be. His upside is huge.

[Edited by - VDesai on 05/13/2004 14:55:12]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/13/2004  4:47 PM
i have a hard time believeing harrison will drop below 1st round. this draft sure has the most C prospects that i can remeber in a long time and we NEED 1. harrison is a legit 7-0 270 athletic with good post moves who can block shots--not the best rebounder but he should be able to improve. if this guy is anywhere near the end of the draft, i would try to do what it takes within reason to move up
laminzana reminds me of ansu sesay who plays for seattle. kind of a skinny tweener with good length and skills but is like a jack of all trades and a master of none. were kind of set in the SF type position or should i say i dont think there is a a major need there since we already are investing in demarr who is close to what lamizana is but Demarr has more of a defined game. if we have 2 picks its not a bad decision. with only 1 pick or if we do have 2 and we can trade up for a late 1 i would say our number 1 bet is to try and go after a guy like harrison if he is indeed available that late. there are some other interesting c that i have just read about but havent seen. But if we can get Harrison that late in the draft i would have to say thats the best way to go by far. in a draft void euros and HS kids this is a sure fire lottery pick. If you miss on a late one going big so be it, but the risk reward is off the charts.
RIP Crushalot😞
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
5/13/2004  5:12 PM
just as long as they dont pick any euro's i'll be happy...oh yea layden is not the GM any more so we dont have anything to worry about. No one can screw up a draft like that douche
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/13/2004  5:19 PM
on another note, Ivan Chiriaev (19 year old 7 foot tall SG from Russia who played for a Canadian HS team this year) has withdrawn from the draft so he can go play in Europe & develop his game some more...that makes him an undrafted FA & he will be free to negotiate w/any NBA team once his Euro contract expires...i'd had my eye on this kid for a few months now...seems his initial hype took a hit after his disappointing showing in front of NBA scouts in the Canadian HS allstar game.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
2nd round potential

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy