[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS vs LAKERS/KINGS
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/26/2014  7:41 AM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:...lets be real, amare, carmelo on the front line is just no defense...

Okay, so get rid of those guys or find a coach who make them play defense. I agree, Bazemore and Co. aren't great players but . . . MDA is doing more with less than Woodson. At the least, MDA is making, oh, Bazemore a tradable player and Woodson is making Shumpert untradable.

As weak as the front line is, defensively, the back court is even worse....Laker guards were blowing by Prigs and Felton as if they were wearing skates....One of the most pathetic defensive displays I've seen in a long time....

AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/26/2014  7:50 AM
"I have a quibble with the way the term FARTDOG has spread. My quibble is: When people ask each other what FARTDOG stands for, the response is usually "Friendly Alliance of Really Terrible Defenders of Opposing Guards." While that sounds most correct, I insist that it should be "for," not "of". As we've discussed before, the Knicks defense doesn't just permit opposing guards to go off, it promotes their efforts. It is a charitable organization, and it rarely fails to uplift."

-Seth Rosenthal

nixluva - let it go.

once a knick always a knick
toad
Member: #4338

3/26/2014  8:53 AM
JR needs to go. I can't stand watching his lazy ass anymore. One of the most mentally weak players I've ever seen. And Melo needs to go too. As long as he's here, we'll constantly try to do patch up jobs around a one dimensional player. I'm already assuming Felton Amare Bargnani are gone
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/26/2014  8:58 AM
I am so fkn happy I went to bed instead of watching this one
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
3/26/2014  10:19 AM
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/26/2014  11:38 AM
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of changing careers and looking for a new job. Ideally I'd like to be paid tens of millions of dollars. I'm really lazy, so preferably I'd like a job where I can take many nights off. I'm not a morning person so if I have to go into work for 1pm, I have to be allowed to just stand around farting rather than doing anything in my job description. I have no sense of pride and will happily embarrass and debase myself on television regularly. I like to see my competitors excel at my own expense, particularly when my job states I'm actually meant to be doing the opposite. Anyone got any ideas?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/26/2014  12:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hey everyone, I'm thinking of changing careers and looking for a new job. Ideally I'd like to be paid tens of millions of dollars. I'm really lazy, so preferably I'd like a job where I can take many nights off. I'm not a morning person so if I have to go into work for 1pm, I have to be allowed to just stand around farting rather than doing anything in my job description. I have no sense of pride and will happily embarrass and debase myself on television regularly. I like to see my competitors excel at my own expense, particularly when my job states I'm actually meant to be doing the opposite. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like you are looking to be a full time poster on the UK

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/26/2014  12:56 PM
I am so fucking glad there's only 6 maybe 7 pages of this bullshit.

Baaaaaaaaaaad effing game.

No Kobe, No Pau, No Nash. Some guy named Henry. Unbelievable. Believe it.

I'm tired of Woody Fire. He looks and sounds like the walking dead already. RIP already.

51 points. Holeeeeeeeeee sheet.

So....could we maybe make this up by beating GState by 30 points?

dwiley20
Member: #5755

3/26/2014  1:07 PM
we couldve been a 1/2 game out goin into today....Disgusting losses with lakers and the cavs......If Amare was healthy he would never allowed us to be out of the race....pathetic team...i dont even know if i want Melo back next year...Trade him and get some good assets back and keep Iman...Chandler Sucks in pick n roll...the only person who gives effort is Shumpert. The same one we wanted to trade.....look at the games he didnt play like the cavs.....Hardaway jr, smith, and felton are pathetic defenders who gets crossed all day by jack and waiters
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/26/2014  1:09 PM
The Lakers had ONE PG playing last night and he was a D League Pickup!!! If you're a coach and can't come up with some kind of defense to attack a team that has only 1 PG and a bunch of young guards that have rudimentary ball handling skills, you really have no excuses.

W. Johnson
J. Hill F
C. Kaman
J. Meeks
K. Marshall
N. Young
K. Bazemore
R. Kelly
X. Henry
R. Sacre
M. Brooks

Woody's big idea was to switch to a zone against a team that has a bunch of 3pt shooters on the floor and an offense looking to take tons of threes. He didn't try to slow the other team down and get them into a half court game by applying full court pressure and looking to go into the post on offense. This man has no clue what he's doing. This isn't about the team lacking talent, which we all know they need to improve in that area. However, you simply can't just stand there and allow your team to play listless and mindless BB. How about benching guys that aren't giving you the effort just to make a point? Dude just never really does anything that makes sense for a good coach to do.

mreinman

3/26/2014  1:32 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I call BULL ISH on all this crap about Woodson not having enough talent to win. We're not talking about beating the top teams in the league every night. You guys are f'n killing me with this idea that he doesn't have enough talent to beat the worst teams in the NBA!!!! COME ON MAN! We've been losing to teams that are way below this team in terms of talent. The career production of the players we have is far above that of the teams we're losing to. Our players are simply not performing up to their capabilities as per their career avg's. They're not too old and they should be performing at a higher level than this individually and as a unit. We can't let Woodson of the hook like that. There are other coaches who have similar talent or worse and have performed at a higher level than this team. NO WAY Charlotte and Atlanta should be ahead of this team. You guys are killing me.

How come when MDA was coaching the team kept under performing for him? I call bullsh1t on the bullsh1t. The team stinks especially at guard.

Woody is gone - the next coach will have different squad - lets see what happens.

You guys kill me with this crap. Tell me the roster this team gave MDA that was built to play the way he wanted and how long did they give him that kind of roster? MDA and Woody have not really had the same exact teams to coach save for that 1st 24 game stint when Woody took over for MDA. I can go over the entire MDA tenure here and you're not going to find a roster that is as good as the one Woody has had the last 2 seasons here. Also lets not get too carried away about the fact that Woody was the coach when they closed his 1st season 18-6. That was not due to some amazing coaching changes Woody instituted. That was just dumb luck on his part that Melo got hot and the team went on a win streak to close the season. People like to make more of that than it really was.

2011-12            Games    2012-13         Games
Carmelo Anthony 55 Carmelo 67
Tyson Chandler 62 Tyson 66
Amar'e Stoudemire 47 Amar'e 29
Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81
Landry Fields 66 James White 57
Jeremy Lin 35 Jason Kidd 76
Baron Davis 29 Pablo Prigioni 78
Bill Walker 32 Raymond Felton 68
Jared Jeffries 39 Chris Copeland 56
Toney Douglas 38 Ronnie Brewer 46
Josh Harrellson 37 Kurt Thomas 39
Mike Bibby 39 Marcus Camby 24
Renaldo Balkman 14 Rasheed Wallace 21
Jerome Jordan 21 Kenyon Martin 18

MDA has proven more as a coach than Woodson ever has. MDA had his team make the WCF's with no Center and no bench. Dude had Boris Diaw in the middle. If the Knicks had given MDA a decent PG from day one there's no way he would've lost as many games in NY as he did. This team NEVER supported MDA. They gave MDA Felton for half a season and a short stint with Lin who they grabbed off the scrap heap and had no idea he'd be that good. At least Woody got a team that was tailored to his desire to have vets last year. MDA NEVER got the kind of team he would've wanted for an entire season let alone 2. When he had even a decent squad that he could run with they broke it up immediately. Besides this isn't about MDA. This is about Woodson and the job he's been doing.

Woodson has been straight GARBAGE!!! He has no clue what he wants to do on offense or defense. He has no solutions. He actually makes things worse and that's why i'm bashing him. I'm just glad we have Phil Jackson and a chance to actually build a team. Can't wait for Woodson to be gone.

who cares anymore. MDA is gone and so is woodson.

Why do you keep beating this dead horse? Now, if they bring him back then you have the right to go nuts again.

mreinman

3/26/2014  1:36 PM
dwiley20 wrote:we couldve been a 1/2 game out goin into today....Disgusting losses with lakers and the cavs......If Amare was healthy he would never allowed us to be out of the race....pathetic team...i dont even know if i want Melo back next year...Trade him and get some good assets back and keep Iman...Chandler Sucks in pick n roll...the only person who gives effort is Shumpert. The same one we wanted to trade.....look at the games he didnt play like the cavs.....Hardaway jr, smith, and felton are pathetic defenders who gets crossed all day by jack and waiters

Amare is not healthy?

Shump sucks.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/26/2014  2:17 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:...lets be real, amare, carmelo on the front line is just no defense...

Okay, so get rid of those guys or find a coach who make them play defense. I agree, Bazemore and Co. aren't great players but . . . MDA is doing more with less than Woodson. At the least, MDA is making, oh, Bazemore a tradable player and Woodson is making Shumpert untradable.

as we are finding out, that is easier said than done.

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/26/2014  2:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I call BULL ISH on all this crap about Woodson not having enough talent to win. We're not talking about beating the top teams in the league every night. You guys are f'n killing me with this idea that he doesn't have enough talent to beat the worst teams in the NBA!!!! COME ON MAN! We've been losing to teams that are way below this team in terms of talent. The career production of the players we have is far above that of the teams we're losing to. Our players are simply not performing up to their capabilities as per their career avg's. They're not too old and they should be performing at a higher level than this individually and as a unit. We can't let Woodson of the hook like that. There are other coaches who have similar talent or worse and have performed at a higher level than this team. NO WAY Charlotte and Atlanta should be ahead of this team. You guys are killing me.

How come when MDA was coaching the team kept under performing for him? I call bullsh1t on the bullsh1t. The team stinks especially at guard.

Woody is gone - the next coach will have different squad - lets see what happens.

You guys kill me with this crap. Tell me the roster this team gave MDA that was built to play the way he wanted and how long did they give him that kind of roster? MDA and Woody have not really had the same exact teams to coach save for that 1st 24 game stint when Woody took over for MDA. I can go over the entire MDA tenure here and you're not going to find a roster that is as good as the one Woody has had the last 2 seasons here. Also lets not get too carried away about the fact that Woody was the coach when they closed his 1st season 18-6. That was not due to some amazing coaching changes Woody instituted. That was just dumb luck on his part that Melo got hot and the team went on a win streak to close the season. People like to make more of that than it really was.

Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81

MDA has proven more as a coach than Woodson ever has. MDA had his team make the WCF's with no Center and no bench. Dude had Boris Diaw in the middle. If the Knicks had given MDA a decent PG from day one there's no way he would've lost as many games in NY as he did. This team NEVER supported MDA. They gave MDA Felton for half a season and a short stint with Lin who they grabbed off the scrap heap and had no idea he'd be that good. At least Woody got a team that was tailored to his desire to have vets last year. MDA NEVER got the kind of team he would've wanted for an entire season let alone 2. When he had even a decent squad that he could run with they broke it up immediately. Besides this isn't about MDA. This is about Woodson and the job he's been doing.

Woodson has been straight GARBAGE!!! He has no clue what he wants to do on offense or defense. He has no solutions. He actually makes things worse and that's why i'm bashing him. I'm just glad we have Phil Jackson and a chance to actually build a team. Can't wait for Woodson to be gone.

I said this when dantoni was here. I liked Dantoni.... I really lost all faith in this team when carmelo sabotaged dantoni and his teamates just to get his way and knicks managment allowed it and the players kept quiet, talking out of both sides of their mouth... amare especially..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/26/2014  2:21 PM
Knicks22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81

fully agree. MDA three times the coach this guy is. Ironic - for all the rap about "no D" with MDA (wasn't Woodson his assistant in charge of D), at least MDA has a system, holds folks accountable (two things his star in NY found, of course, unacceptable). Laughed last week when Woody and Melo both quoted about how they could work in the triangle - MDA offense has similar principles, and, neither willing to adopt.

Defense is about effort and strategy. The absolute absence of either tonight is appalling. Woddy has to go - roster has serious issues, but, if your coach has neither a strategy on O (One on five isn't a strategy), and, a D strategy which everyone openly questions (switch always, and early), then what's the point.

remarkable loss - zero mental toughness or leadership on this team.

This is a good post.. and two things I want to touch on.. Carmelo didn't want to adapt to Dantoni's system, even when Dantoni went out of the way to try to make him a Point forward because carmelo wanted the ball in his hands, he complained and pouted...

Amare said when he was in phoenix that he wasn't taught defense, basically throwing dantoni under the bus.. well under a defensive coach in woodson, this dude still plays zero defense, and I am an amare fan, just keeping it real here..

this team needs a culture change more than anything..

ShellTopAdidas
Member: #3983

3/26/2014  3:21 PM
tkf wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81

fully agree. MDA three times the coach this guy is. Ironic - for all the rap about "no D" with MDA (wasn't Woodson his assistant in charge of D), at least MDA has a system, holds folks accountable (two things his star in NY found, of course, unacceptable). Laughed last week when Woody and Melo both quoted about how they could work in the triangle - MDA offense has similar principles, and, neither willing to adopt.

Defense is about effort and strategy. The absolute absence of either tonight is appalling. Woddy has to go - roster has serious issues, but, if your coach has neither a strategy on O (One on five isn't a strategy), and, a D strategy which everyone openly questions (switch always, and early), then what's the point.

This is a good post.. and two things I want to touch on.. Carmelo didn't want to adapt to Dantoni's system, even when Dantoni went out of the way to try to make him a Point forward because carmelo wanted the ball in his hands, he complained and pouted...

Amare said when he was in phoenix that he wasn't taught defense, basically throwing dantoni under the bus.. well under a defensive coach in woodson, this dude still plays zero defense, and I am an amare fan, just keeping it real here..

Dolan never supported MDA the way he needed him to because as Dolan said, "after talking to PJax, I relize I know NOTHING about basketball." I'm just glad he figured out what majority of the NBA world already knew. What a douche!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/26/2014  4:12 PM
The only thing that gives me hope is Phil being here at the top cuz I know he won't allow this kind of crap to continue. He's gonna support his coach and bring in TEAM PLAYERS!!! We haven't had a single voice with real BB knowledge in a long time. I just think a better coach gets more out of this team this year than we've seen. We shouldn't be on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

3/26/2014  5:03 PM
tkf wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81

He made Melo point forward cause Toney f***ing Douglas was our PG. The only thing I'll agree with is that he pouted toward the end of D'antoni's time here which is never cool (even though I hated MDA)
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman

3/26/2014  5:24 PM
TeamBall wrote:
tkf wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81

He made Melo point forward cause Toney f***ing Douglas was our PG. The only thing I'll agree with is that he pouted toward the end of D'antoni's time here which is never cool (even though I hated MDA)

And people say that Melo had/has not had a good supporting cast in NY. SMH

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2014  6:05 PM
nixluva wrote:The Lakers had ONE PG playing last night and he was a D League Pickup!!! If you're a coach and can't come up with some kind of defense to attack a team that has only 1 PG and a bunch of young guards that have rudimentary ball handling skills, you really have no excuses.

W. Johnson
J. Hill F
C. Kaman
J. Meeks
K. Marshall
N. Young
K. Bazemore
R. Kelly
X. Henry
R. Sacre
M. Brooks

Woody's big idea was to switch to a zone against a team that has a bunch of 3pt shooters on the floor and an offense looking to take tons of threes. He didn't try to slow the other team down and get them into a half court game by applying full court pressure and looking to go into the post on offense. This man has no clue what he's doing. This isn't about the team lacking talent, which we all know they need to improve in that area. However, you simply can't just stand there and allow your team to play listless and mindless BB. How about benching guys that aren't giving you the effort just to make a point? Dude just never really does anything that makes sense for a good coach to do.

Kendall Marshall was a lottery pick. He got waived because the wiz have Wall and didn't want to pay him. The guy is a good young prospect. The only gripe I have about Marshall is why didn't the Knicks waive Chris and pick him up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GAME THREAD: KNICKS vs LAKERS/KINGS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy