[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS vs LAKERS/KINGS
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/26/2014  1:06 AM
Woodson has more than enough talent to win with. How the hell do you lose to teams like the Bucks, Sixers, Cavs and Lakers and even try to say we don't have enough talent to win those games??? This team has lost to the true bottom feeders in this league and there's no one else to look at but the coach. You can always get better players, but you should be able to win games against teams that are just playing out the string and have no talent.
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
3/26/2014  1:10 AM
4th Qtr 2:32
LAL 123 NYK 90
sidsanders
Member: #2426

3/26/2014  1:10 AM
haha... amare with 2 rbs.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/26/2014  1:11 AM
nixluva wrote:Woodson has more than enough talent to win with. How the hell do you lose to teams like the Bucks, Sixers, Cavs and Lakers and even try to say we don't have enough talent to win those games??? This team has lost to the true bottom feeders in this league and there's no one else to look at but the coach. You can always get better players, but you should be able to win games against teams that are just playing out the string and have no talent.

the team sucks. always with the woody agenda - he is gone. no need to keep posting about him.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/26/2014  1:13 AM
nixluva wrote:Woodson has more than enough talent to win with. How the hell do you lose to teams like the Bucks, Sixers, Cavs and Lakers and even try to say we don't have enough talent to win those games??? This team has lost to the true bottom feeders in this league and there's no one else to look at but the coach. You can always get better players, but you should be able to win games against teams that are just playing out the string and have no talent.

you lose to these teams because the knicks are pretty much on the same level, talent wise as these teams... can't blame woodson.. sorry...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/26/2014  1:14 AM
A lot of it is on Woodson but he doesn't have enough defensive talent to win with. Any team can get an open shot if they run the high PnR. If it doesn't lead to a layup it leads to the defense over helping and rotating trying to get to the man shooting the open 3. If the d does stop the three the offensive player pump fakes and goes by the rotation to break down the D once again to lead to an open shot.

This team should have been playing zone defense since the all star break and mixing up zones throughout the game with a little man to man sprinkle in. There are only two good defenders on the floor for the most part of the game.

ScoreBot
3/26/2014  1:15 AM
Final  
LAL 127 NYK 96
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/26/2014  1:19 AM
tkf wrote:

you lose to these teams because the knicks are pretty much on the same level, talent wise as these teams... can't blame woodson.. sorry...

The real question is how do you give up 51 points in a Q to a team that's tanking while your team is trying to make the playoffs?!

nixluva
USA
3/26/2014  1:19 AM
I call BULL ISH on all this crap about Woodson not having enough talent to win. We're not talking about beating the top teams in the league every night. You guys are f'n killing me with this idea that he doesn't have enough talent to beat the worst teams in the NBA!!!! COME ON MAN! We've been losing to teams that are way below this team in terms of talent. The career production of the players we have is far above that of the teams we're losing to. Our players are simply not performing up to their capabilities as per their career avg's. They're not too old and they should be performing at a higher level than this individually and as a unit. We can't let Woodson of the hook like that. There are other coaches who have similar talent or worse and have performed at a higher level than this team. NO WAY Charlotte and Atlanta should be ahead of this team. You guys are killing me.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/26/2014  1:25 AM
nixluva wrote:I call BULL ISH on all this crap about Woodson not having enough talent to win. We're not talking about beating the top teams in the league every night. You guys are f'n killing me with this idea that he doesn't have enough talent to beat the worst teams in the NBA!!!! COME ON MAN! We've been losing to teams that are way below this team in terms of talent. The career production of the players we have is far above that of the teams we're losing to. Our players are simply not performing up to their capabilities as per their career avg's. They're not too old and they should be performing at a higher level than this individually and as a unit. We can't let Woodson of the hook like that. There are other coaches who have similar talent or worse and have performed at a higher level than this team. NO WAY Charlotte and Atlanta should be ahead of this team. You guys are killing me.

How come when MDA was coaching the team kept under performing for him? I call bullsh1t on the bullsh1t. The team stinks especially at guard.

Woody is gone - the next coach will have different squad - lets see what happens.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/26/2014  1:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2014  1:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:

The real question is how do you give up 51 points in a Q to a team that's tanking while your team is trying to make the playoffs?!

that was absolutely ridiculous, 51 points!!.. but lets be real, amare, carmelo on the front line is just no defense.. even chandler has fallen off a bit... kaman was giving amare and them the business.. just outworking them.... that should not happen.. the knicks were caught out of position a lot... I do think part, a small part of that has to do with woodson, I think they have tuned him out, but the majority of this is on the players....

lakers are not trying to tank, ask the players and a lot of them are playing for jobs next year... they can score, they like to shoot and if you don't defend, they can get hot at home and this is what happens..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
3/26/2014  2:06 AM
...lets be real, amare, carmelo on the front line is just no defense...

Okay, so get rid of those guys or find a coach who make them play defense. I agree, Bazemore and Co. aren't great players but . . . MDA is doing more with less than Woodson. At the least, MDA is making, oh, Bazemore a tradable player and Woodson is making Shumpert untradable.

holfresh
Member: #1081

3/26/2014  2:24 AM
Painful ..Just painful...
nixluva
USA
3/26/2014  2:45 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I call BULL ISH on all this crap about Woodson not having enough talent to win. We're not talking about beating the top teams in the league every night. You guys are f'n killing me with this idea that he doesn't have enough talent to beat the worst teams in the NBA!!!! COME ON MAN! We've been losing to teams that are way below this team in terms of talent. The career production of the players we have is far above that of the teams we're losing to. Our players are simply not performing up to their capabilities as per their career avg's. They're not too old and they should be performing at a higher level than this individually and as a unit. We can't let Woodson of the hook like that. There are other coaches who have similar talent or worse and have performed at a higher level than this team. NO WAY Charlotte and Atlanta should be ahead of this team. You guys are killing me.

How come when MDA was coaching the team kept under performing for him? I call bullsh1t on the bullsh1t. The team stinks especially at guard.

Woody is gone - the next coach will have different squad - lets see what happens.

You guys kill me with this crap. Tell me the roster this team gave MDA that was built to play the way he wanted and how long did they give him that kind of roster? MDA and Woody have not really had the same exact teams to coach save for that 1st 24 game stint when Woody took over for MDA. I can go over the entire MDA tenure here and you're not going to find a roster that is as good as the one Woody has had the last 2 seasons here. Also lets not get too carried away about the fact that Woody was the coach when they closed his 1st season 18-6. That was not due to some amazing coaching changes Woody instituted. That was just dumb luck on his part that Melo got hot and the team went on a win streak to close the season. People like to make more of that than it really was.

2011-12            Games    2012-13         Games
Carmelo Anthony 55 Carmelo 67
Tyson Chandler 62 Tyson 66
Amar'e Stoudemire 47 Amar'e 29
Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81
Landry Fields 66 James White 57
Jeremy Lin 35 Jason Kidd 76
Baron Davis 29 Pablo Prigioni 78
Bill Walker 32 Raymond Felton 68
Jared Jeffries 39 Chris Copeland 56
Toney Douglas 38 Ronnie Brewer 46
Josh Harrellson 37 Kurt Thomas 39
Mike Bibby 39 Marcus Camby 24
Renaldo Balkman 14 Rasheed Wallace 21
Jerome Jordan 21 Kenyon Martin 18

MDA has proven more as a coach than Woodson ever has. MDA had his team make the WCF's with no Center and no bench. Dude had Boris Diaw in the middle. If the Knicks had given MDA a decent PG from day one there's no way he would've lost as many games in NY as he did. This team NEVER supported MDA. They gave MDA Felton for half a season and a short stint with Lin who they grabbed off the scrap heap and had no idea he'd be that good. At least Woody got a team that was tailored to his desire to have vets last year. MDA NEVER got the kind of team he would've wanted for an entire season let alone 2. When he had even a decent squad that he could run with they broke it up immediately. Besides this isn't about MDA. This is about Woodson and the job he's been doing.

Woodson has been straight GARBAGE!!! He has no clue what he wants to do on offense or defense. He has no solutions. He actually makes things worse and that's why i'm bashing him. I'm just glad we have Phil Jackson and a chance to actually build a team. Can't wait for Woodson to be gone.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/26/2014  4:29 AM
Games like this make me hate being a fan of this team. How more irrational can this team be? They just seem to wake up randomly for some games and quit on others. In a situation like theirs, they stop playing defense from the half of the Cavs game and make things worse with a historically atrocious game to another team playing for nothing!?

Up until today I wanted them to make the playoffs. Fudge them! They dont deserve to go there at all. They are truly a disgrace to the uniform and the city.

Its sad when signing Phil Jackson to be your president is the only highlight of your whole season.

Can't wait for Woody and half this roster to go away.

Knicks_Fan
Knicks22
Member: #5689

3/26/2014  5:55 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You guys kill me with this crap. Tell me the roster this team gave MDA that was built to play the way he wanted and how long did they give him that kind of roster? MDA and Woody have not really had the same exact teams to coach save for that 1st 24 game stint when Woody took over for MDA. I can go over the entire MDA tenure here and you're not going to find a roster that is as good as the one Woody has had the last 2 seasons here. Also lets not get too carried away about the fact that Woody was the coach when they closed his 1st season 18-6. That was not due to some amazing coaching changes Woody instituted. That was just dumb luck on his part that Melo got hot and the team went on a win streak to close the season. People like to make more of that than it really was.

2011-12            Games    2012-13         Games
Carmelo Anthony 55 Carmelo 67
Tyson Chandler 62 Tyson 66
Amar'e Stoudemire 47 Amar'e 29
Iman Shumpert 59 Iman 45
J.R. Smith 35 J.R. 80
Steve Novak 54 Steve 81
Landry Fields 66 James White 57
Jeremy Lin 35 Jason Kidd 76
Baron Davis 29 Pablo Prigioni 78
Bill Walker 32 Raymond Felton 68
Jared Jeffries 39 Chris Copeland 56
Toney Douglas 38 Ronnie Brewer 46
Josh Harrellson 37 Kurt Thomas 39
Mike Bibby 39 Marcus Camby 24
Renaldo Balkman 14 Rasheed Wallace 21
Jerome Jordan 21 Kenyon Martin 18

MDA has proven more as a coach than Woodson ever has. MDA had his team make the WCF's with no Center and no bench. Dude had Boris Diaw in the middle. If the Knicks had given MDA a decent PG from day one there's no way he would've lost as many games in NY as he did. This team NEVER supported MDA. They gave MDA Felton for half a season and a short stint with Lin who they grabbed off the scrap heap and had no idea he'd be that good. At least Woody got a team that was tailored to his desire to have vets last year. MDA NEVER got the kind of team he would've wanted for an entire season let alone 2. When he had even a decent squad that he could run with they broke it up immediately. Besides this isn't about MDA. This is about Woodson and the job he's been doing.

Woodson has been straight GARBAGE!!! He has no clue what he wants to do on offense or defense. He has no solutions. He actually makes things worse and that's why i'm bashing him. I'm just glad we have Phil Jackson and a chance to actually build a team. Can't wait for Woodson to be gone.

fully agree. MDA three times the coach this guy is. Ironic - for all the rap about "no D" with MDA (wasn't Woodson his assistant in charge of D), at least MDA has a system, holds folks accountable (two things his star in NY found, of course, unacceptable). Laughed last week when Woody and Melo both quoted about how they could work in the triangle - MDA offense has similar principles, and, neither willing to adopt.

Defense is about effort and strategy. The absolute absence of either tonight is appalling. Woddy has to go - roster has serious issues, but, if your coach has neither a strategy on O (One on five isn't a strategy), and, a D strategy which everyone openly questions (switch always, and early), then what's the point.

remarkable loss - zero mental toughness or leadership on this team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2014  6:23 AM
mreinman wrote:

the team sucks. always with the woody agenda - he is gone. no need to keep posting about him.

This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/26/2014  6:35 AM
They put on that performance last night with Phil in attendance as well as the rest of his staff. Its on the coach, the players, everyone. Jackson exluded, of course. Had to lose to D'Antoni, who didn't do jack **** in NY. Clean house Phil, clean house.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/26/2014  7:26 AM
Blow it up. KABOOM!!!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/26/2014  7:39 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:A lot of it is on Woodson but he doesn't have enough defensive talent to win with. Any team can get an open shot if they run the high PnR. If it doesn't lead to a layup it leads to the defense over helping and rotating trying to get to the man shooting the open 3. If the d does stop the three the offensive player pump fakes and goes by the rotation to break down the D once again to lead to an open shot.

This team should have been playing zone defense since the all star break and mixing up zones throughout the game with a little man to man sprinkle in. There are only two good defenders on the floor for the most part of the game.

Whats amazing to me is the fact that these players still do not know how to defend the PNR. The players don't know what to do. Should we switch? Help and recover? They are always caught in between and give open shots. After the offense scores, you can see the players (Stat, JR, Chandler, Felton) bicker with each other and seem confused. That aspect of the game seems to be on Woodson. If we would set one principle (Trap all high PNR's) then there wouldn't be any confusion....

GAME THREAD: KNICKS vs LAKERS/KINGS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy