[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Briggs... would you take Orlandos #1?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/13/2004  4:02 PM
then we just stay put. If the Magic want to live without Hill there is only 1, maybe 2 teams that could take that contract and the risks that come with it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/13/2004  4:04 PM
I WANT THAT PICK! I WANT A LOW POST STUD ON THIS TEAM FOR ONCE! to hell w/the cap...this team will be capped out til after '07 anyway...if the Knicks can make that trade, i say do it...i don't care if they have to give up a couple starters & a future 1st rounder to do it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
5/13/2004  4:21 PM
lol.. I hear you. I think when Sweetney loses about 20 pounds of chub and gains 10 of muscle and gets a little comfy he will be the next coming of Mark Aguire.. and thats prety freakin good. I have a lot of confidence he will be a beast in the post for many years. He turns 22 this summer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/13/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by TMS:

if you're getting Okafor or Howard, to hell w/Sweetney...he will be nothing more than a career role player in that case.
this is what confuses me, How can you say that Howard and Okafor are or will be better than sweetney. Sweetney as a Junior put up numbers equal or better than Okafor in the big east, so how is Okafor better, and Howard? LOL.. I was watching him play here in Georgia a couple of months ago, in the HS playoffs, and he was getting his azz schooled by some other lesser talent.. Come on man, stop believing the news paper hype.... Sweetney is a very good player and has a chance of becoming a down low force, he already has established himself as a offensive rebounding force. don't underestimate the guy...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/13/2004  4:30 PM
Posted by TMS:

I WANT THAT PICK! I WANT A LOW POST STUD ON THIS TEAM FOR ONCE! to hell w/the cap...this team will be capped out til after '07 anyway...if the Knicks can make that trade, i say do it...i don't care if they have to give up a couple starters & a future 1st rounder to do it.

There are no low post studs in this draft, okafor is a good player but on the pro level I don't see him as a big time post player, and Howard is light years away from resembling a NBA player. There is one low post stud available and that is Eddy curry and the bulls will want a kings ransom for him, that is for sure. I honestly think that Sweetney has as good of a chance to become a low post force as does okafor and this Howard kid.. Listen guys not every guys comming into the pros is going to be a star, some people on here are like kids with new toys... the only thing better are newer toys.. and that is not the case with the NBA...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/13/2004  4:39 PM
The only way orlando would do this is if Okafor is already gone. If they get the #3 overall I would do it and draft Josh Smith who orlando would not want becuase he is a raw high school player.
fishmike
USA
5/13/2004  4:42 PM
I honestly think that Sweetney has as good of a chance to become a low post

So does BRIGGS for all his ranting and raving about how good every team from GS to MIA is.
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by tkf:

this is what confuses me, How can you say that Howard and Okafor are or will be better than sweetney. Sweetney as a Junior put up numbers equal or better than Okafor in the big east, so how is Okafor better?

did Sweetney lead his team to an NCAA championship while putting up those numbers?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  4:48 PM
& i'm not underestimating Sweetney...no more than any of you are underestimating Okafor or Howard.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/13/2004  5:37 PM
first, it depends if isiah is even thinking like this.
second, it depends if isiah thinks emeka/howard can be the man.
third, it depends if dolan can back up his talk.

i don't see it happening.

as a knick fan, i do it b/c it's not my money and drafting ben wallace version 2 would make us instant contenders in the east for now and for a long long time.

orlando, well can that team survive after losing a #1 pick (shaq), a #3 pick (penny), tmac, and now another #1 pick? if i was an orlando fan, i would never go to a game.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/13/2004  5:40 PM
did Sweetney lead his team to an NCAA championship while putting up those numbers?

Okafor had at least 4 and as many as 7 future NBA players on his team at UCONN. Gordon, Villanueva, Boone, Anderson will all play in the NBA, and Denham Brown and Taliek Brown, along with a few others, will have a shot.

I'm not saying Sweetney had a better college career, that's ridiculous, but they were very similar.

Plus Okafor has that back problem which is a definite reason to worry.
#Knickstaps
tkf
5/13/2004  8:23 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by tkf:

this is what confuses me, How can you say that Howard and Okafor are or will be better than sweetney. Sweetney as a Junior put up numbers equal or better than Okafor in the big east, so how is Okafor better?

no he didn't but that is irrelevant because sweetney has alrady shown that he can be a impact player now, in the playoffs, he is already establishing himself as one of the better offensive rebounders not only on the knicks but the east... Shaq never led LSU anywhere, so what is your point? Iverson never led G'town to the NCAA finals, so again what is the point here... Had sweetney had Gordon, and the rest of those guys,along with coach calhoun I like his chances..
tkf
5/13/2004  8:25 PM
Posted by TMS:

& i'm not underestimating Sweetney...no more than any of you are underestimating Okafor or Howard.

who is underestimating Howard or Okafor, If anything guys are overestimating them and to even put Howard a guy who I personally saw struggle vs other HS talent, is a joke... Have you seen Howard play yet? have you? Remember Kwame Brown was even more celebrated than Howard and look.... I wish you guys stop proping up guys who never picked up a NBA basketball better yet even a college ball...
tkf
5/13/2004  8:28 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Okafor had at least 4 and as many as 7 future NBA players on his team at UCONN. Gordon, Villanueva, Boone, Anderson will all play in the NBA, and Denham Brown and Taliek Brown, along with a few others, will have a shot.

I'm not saying Sweetney had a better college career, that's ridiculous, but they were very similar.

Plus Okafor has that back problem which is a definite reason to worry.

good point smooth, and I will go this far to say that sweetney will be a better offensive player than Okafor, Emeka is a good defender and rebounder but I was not impressed with him offensively...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/13/2004  10:32 PM
the bottom line is the this has 0/100 chance of happening-no one is giving up okafor or the number 1 pick in the entire draft for garbage. okafor could be a franchise player worth millions upon millions to the franchise and at the very least hes going to be one heckuve an NBA player. The guy is 6-9 1/2 260 ripped with a 37 inch vertical jump who bench presses 400 pounds and hes only 21. He can shoot with either hand and makes players bigger then him ala hakeem and zo look smaller. no one is giing that potential up so its mute.
RIP Crushalot😞
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/13/2004  11:15 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no one is giing that potential up so its mute.

But what if someone talks about it on the radio?

[Edited by - 1 on 05/13/2004 23:15:37]
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  8:32 AM
you're right guys...how silly of me...why should i listen to NBA scouts who tout that guys like Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudamire will be good NBA players? i should listen to you guys instead...afterall, none of these guys had ever played a lick of NBA ball before they were drafted, right? how does anyone know if any of these guys will be any good?

[Edited by - TMS on 05/14/2004 08:33:24]
Briggs... would you take Orlandos #1?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy