[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shame Tread: Weekend Knicks @ Philadelphia, v Cavaliers
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/24/2014  1:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2014  1:16 AM
mreinman wrote:Keys to the loss:

1) let a team shoot 60 percent from the field AND ITS PHUCKING CLEVELAND!
2) aside from Carmelo, the rest of the team took 7 foul shots (0 from Stat and Tyson) - that is awful
3) Felton's defense (ugh)!!!!!!!!!!!
4) Melo had an excellent TS (63!) but failed late
5) Melo does not get any assists in second half (again)
6) Jared Jack is the HOFamer of the day (we really enjoy making stars out of opposing PG's)

I don't know what jaret Jack TS was but he looked every bit of a closer unlike carmelo.. but that is nothing new..

the cavs had everyone shooting a good percentage.....

Knicks seemed to outplay the cavs in every category except for FG%.. kind of hard to remain efficient as a team when you have a guy taking 20 shots and making just 8 of them..

stat and amare combined 8-12 from the field... I have no problem with that... lack of Ft's is not the problem... they actually should have gotten more shots.... they combined for almost 67% shooting.. they needed more shots in the paint especially.. but that is kind of hard to do when you have someone else jacking up 20 shots... go figure..

if you want to blame some of that on woodson.. go on, he seems to get blamed for every loss..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/24/2014  1:23 AM
tkf wrote:

2) aside from Carmelo, the rest of the team took 7 foul shots (0 from Stat and Tyson) - that is awful
6) Jared Jack is the HOFamer of the day (we really enjoy making stars out of opposing PG's)

I don't know what jaret Jack TS was but he looked every bit of a closer unlike carmelo.. but that is nothing new..

Knicks seemed to outplay the cavs in every category except for FG%.. kind of hard to remain efficient as a team when you have a guy taking 20 shots and making just 8 of them..

stat and amare combined 8-12 from the field... I have no problem with that... lack of Ft's is not the problem... they actually should have gotten more shots.... they combined for almost 67% shooting.. they needed more shots in the paint especially.. but that is kind of hard to do when you have someone else jacking up 20 shots... go figure..

lack of FT's not a problem? Why is that?

Stat TS = 60 (very solid)
Melo TS = 63 (you have a problem with this? if he had a TS of 63 every game, he would be one of the best players to ever play the geme)

Do you have a problem with Feltons defense or is that on Melo? Does everything need to be about Melo? He missed a few late shots and that really hurt but the dude battled hard this game.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2014  1:24 AM
How about Woody telling his team to put more pressure on the Cav guards. Some traps to get the ball out of Jack's hands. I mean there's a myriad of different things he could do. Heck even MDA would try putting a big like Jared on the PG, not that i'm advocating that, just saying DO SOMETHING. When you see a team hurting you the exact same way over and over, how long are you going to stand on the sideline and watch it happen? Over and over we watch Woodson have a brain freeze on the sidelines and yet there are still those who want to give this guy a pass. HE SUCKS!!!
mreinman

3/24/2014  1:36 AM
nixluva wrote:How about Woody telling his team to put more pressure on the Cav guards. Some traps to get the ball out of Jack's hands. I mean there's a myriad of different things he could do. Heck even MDA would try putting a big like Jared on the PG, not that i'm advocating that, just saying DO SOMETHING. When you see a team hurting you the exact same way over and over, how long are you going to stand on the sideline and watch it happen? Over and over we watch Woodson have a brain freeze on the sidelines and yet there are still those who want to give this guy a pass. HE SUCKS!!!

Yeah - it would be nice to see him try something different for a change instead of letting every damn PG just destroy felton.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2014  4:26 AM
nixluva wrote:How about Woody telling his team to put more pressure on the Cav guards. Some traps to get the ball out of Jack's hands. I mean there's a myriad of different things he could do. Heck even MDA would try putting a big like Jared on the PG, not that i'm advocating that, just saying DO SOMETHING. When you see a team hurting you the exact same way over and over, how long are you going to stand on the sideline and watch it happen? Over and over we watch Woodson have a brain freeze on the sidelines and yet there are still those who want to give this guy a pass. HE SUCKS!!!

Woody says: "What's an adjustment?".

He said his motto is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but if it is broke he doesn't bother fixing it either.

There goes the playoff hopes.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/24/2014  4:55 AM
Peoe still want to trade Shumpert

It's the doctor's fault

You can put me in at PG and I would probably light up Felton

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/24/2014  8:34 AM
tkf wrote:
Dagger wrote:Not once have we gotten a stop with the game on the line all year. Not once. Not one time. You knew Jarret Jack was going to score. I knew Jarrett Jack was going to score, it was not even a question, it was not even a probability, it was certain to happen and it did. Literally, I'm not exaggerating we have not gotten the final defensive stop in a close game ONE TIME this year. And to even think people defended woodson. SHAME ON YOU

JACK always killed the knicks... no matter what team he has been with..

I would like to see his stats vs. the knicks compared to his normal line

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/24/2014  8:43 AM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:

Melo TS = 63 (you have a problem with this? if he had a TS of 63 every game, he would be one of the best players to ever play the geme)

Do you have a problem with Feltons defense or is that on Melo? Does everything need to be about Melo? He missed a few late shots and that really hurt but the dude battled hard this game.

+1 mreinman. Be prepared to be told TS is a meaningless statistic that bolsters the importance of useless high volume chuckers!

Ahhhh, losing game thread, and here comes trollknickfan to the rescue, go figure!

FT's don't count, unless of course Melo's not getting to the line, or if he manages to choke on a few, and then they count!
Of course, let's blame Melo, since Tyson played such a key role in the entire game!
And lets blame Jarret Jack's shooting on melo's shot attempts!
Lets blame Felton getting torched on Melo's shot attempts!
Lets blame Iman's flu like symptoms on Melo's shot attempts!

What a douche!

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
3/24/2014  9:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2014  9:08 AM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:

Starters	MP	TS%	eFG%	ORB%	DRB%	TRB%	AST%	STL%	BLK%	TOV%	USG%	ORtg	DRtg
Carmelo Anthony 39:54 .633 .500 0.0 34.4 14.4 9.5 0.0 4.7 10.6 34.9 120 122

3.67:1

again it's one thing to not hurt your team in individual scoring which is what the TS% is.

it's another thing to have an astronomical usage percentage with absolutely no balance in terms of sharing the ball for the sake of offensive cohesion.

i tuned in to the second half while driving, switched to the nets game for the last quarter because i believed the knick game was all sewn up.

EDIT: the only thing i can say about what TS% does not reveal is that of those 20 FGA how many were bad shots that should have been passes? and of the FTA how many were on drives where he should have passed the ball to the open man, assuming the cleveland defense doubled him on those drives?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

3/24/2014  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2014  9:24 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:

Starters	MP	TS%	eFG%	ORB%	DRB%	TRB%	AST%	STL%	BLK%	TOV%	USG%	ORtg	DRtg
Carmelo Anthony 39:54 .633 .500 0.0 34.4 14.4 9.5 0.0 4.7 10.6 34.9 120 122

3.67:1

again it's one thing to not hurt your team in individual scoring which is what the TS% is.

it's another thing to have an astronomical usage percentage with absolutely no balance in terms of sharing the ball for the sake of offensive cohesion.

i tuned in to the second half while driving, switched to the nets game for the last quarter because i believed the knick game was all sewn up.

EDIT: the only thing i can say about what TS% does not reveal is that of those 20 FGA how many were bad shots that should have been passes? and of the FTA how many were on drives where he should have passed the ball to the open man, assuming the cleveland defense doubled him on those drives?

The not passing was in my list of why we lost. There are always bad shots somewhere in the stat line. 12-12 is superb. 8/16 was good too until it turned into 8/20. 4/9 from three is outstanding.

He missed the last few and that really hurt us.

However, lets not blame this game on him. Felton's defense was the big culprit here. I do really want to see Melo concentrate on dishing in the second half. Not sure whey this is becoming a theme.

Tyson and Amare having 0 FT attempts is not acceptable.

Tyson's 8 : 1 TOV% : AST% does not help

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/24/2014  10:24 AM
how about telling the bigs to trap the Pnr o get the ball out of Jack's hand?
mreinman

3/24/2014  10:31 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:how about telling the bigs to trap the Pnr o get the ball out of Jack's hand?

ya think?

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/24/2014  10:45 AM
What a blown opportunity. I mean losses happen, but this is one that should have been a W.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/24/2014  10:48 AM
OasisBU wrote:What a blown opportunity. I mean losses happen, but this is one that should have been a W.

It's different being beat than losing by mistakes.........Knicks have been doing that FOREVER going back to 99....I think we forget how infuriating that team was before their run.....

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
3/24/2014  10:49 AM
The covenant was broken, and that the it held together was ripped asunder....
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

3/24/2014  11:02 AM
Uh oh. I didn't realize my own power!
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/24/2014  11:33 AM
Another game I tuned out near the end, to find that they couldn't keep a bunch of cellar dwellers from making a comeback. And they lost. They play well, get comfortable, and collapse. Very few players on this team I want back, not to mention the coach. Jackson is going to clean house in 15'.

Glad I switched channels to the walking dead. Those walkers show more life than this squad.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/24/2014  12:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Another game I tuned out near the end, to find that they couldn't keep a bunch of cellar dwellers from making a comeback. And they lost. They play well, get comfortable, and collapse. Very few players on this team I want back, not to mention the coach. Jackson is going to clean house in 15'.

Glad I switched channels to the walking dead. Those walkers show more life than this squad.

the cavs are just two games seperated from the knicks..and had kyrie not been injured may be ahead of us... not sure how we can call anyone celler dewllers..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/24/2014  1:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2014  1:19 PM
tkf wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Another game I tuned out near the end, to find that they couldn't keep a bunch of cellar dwellers from making a comeback. And they lost. They play well, get comfortable, and collapse. Very few players on this team I want back, not to mention the coach. Jackson is going to clean house in 15'.

the cavs are just two games seperated from the knicks..and had kyrie not been injured may be ahead of us... not sure how we can call anyone celler dewllers..

Easy, both teams we just played are near the bottom of the standings yet we came close to losing both of them. This team had enough talent to win both games handily, but they dont have the heart.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/24/2014  2:11 PM
tkf wrote:

if you want to blame some of that on woodson.. go on, he seems to get blamed for every loss..

what piss me off so bad about melo (last night), he made a nice move to the hoop to draw 2 guys and leaving amare wide open for a back door and probably a "and1", but he instead gets call for charging in which he does 70% of the time in clutch situations..

grow the fck up and play big boy basketball Melo..

ES
Shame Tread: Weekend Knicks @ Philadelphia, v Cavaliers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy