[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT:Describe your game
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/12/2004  4:24 PM
I put this on RealGM too....

Yeah describe your actual game not what you think your game is or feels like in your head.

What is your bread and butter, money, all day, you can't hold me, foul me if you want, make you slap your mama, in your face, take your man hood, "don't let him do it again", "he can't go left" but you go right on him everytime and can't stop you play?

After you describe your game.......what pro basketball player reminds you of yourself?

Here's mine:
My whole game is mid range. I got a real sick mid-range jumper...anything 15ft in.

I got a decent tear drop. Since I can't jump with them young boys anymore that tear drop does it's thing. I learned it by watching Mark Jackson.

I can go left and right, and shoot with both hands.

I'm a awesome passer in the half court if I don't say so myself. In fact I love to make a good pass over a good shot anyday.

I try to copy the way LJ used to slide in the post. It's really effective especially if a dude is taller cuz they don't know where you are going.

My handle is suspect though especially if I get pressured. I feel I could drive on anyone but I'm not exactly Rafer Alston.

I think my game resembles Kevin Johnson, with a Allen Houston type form on the J and Marbury(brooklyn) vision.

Who is next?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/12/2004  4:45 PM
hmm,i posted the exact same thread on MSG a couple months ago too.

strengths:
- tenacious on ball defender
- good help defender
- always hustles after loose balls
- good shot blocking instincts
- good rebounder
- runs the court well

weaknesses:
- bad ballhandling skills
- can't dribble or shoot w/left hand
- inconsistent jumper
- slim build (can get pushed around in the low post by bigger players)

NBA wannabe comparison:
a little bit of Marcus Camby & Bruce Bowen all rolled up into 1
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
5/12/2004  5:07 PM
Nobody ever says:

"I've got mad game like Tyronn Lue"

This is a silly thread. It's like the question "who do you think you were in a former life" and everyone mentions a famous person. No one says, "i was a bum who got his head chopped off".

But to be honest, my game is a little like Shandon Anderson (minus dribbling it off my foot or knee) i'm a more than decent on the ball and help defender, i can get really annoying ala Bowen on defense as I learned watching the original DET bad boys and later Riley's Knick teams.

But i'm 5'11" so my offensive game is all about using quickness, slashing to the hoop, and even more important, court intelligence. Good passing, settings screens to free up other guys. Sticking the mid range Jumper. I have ZERO 3pt range.

As a guy of avg height, I take a lot of pride in fighting for rebounds and BOXING OUT - you MFS on the playground better reckognize this dying facet of the game - i routinely aggravate taller players who think they can just sit in the paint and wait for the ball to back me in. Basically, i take umbrage when scored upon. I wish other ballers would do more of the dirty work out there and look half-interested on defense.

The state of "playground ball" today is worse than ever when kids see the AND1 tapes and entertainers basketball - all these kids work on is illegal dribbling tricks... they don't learn that YOU CAN'T PALM THE DAMN BALL, and that you should look to set up someone else if you don't have a clear shot, rather than just 5 guys doing their own thing on the court!

lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
EnySpree

5/12/2004  5:20 PM
I agree Kam....

These kids nowadays only wanna do tricks.....they come to the park in flocks all dressed up just to shoot around.

To me they should just drop a bomb on the park so they won't continue to desecrate the game(I learned that word off a Bugs and Daffy cartoon)
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
5/12/2004  6:27 PM
im only 16, bout 2 years ago i realli got into and1 and i used to practice slip and slide and all the other tricks, but recently i tuned my game down and i think im pretty decent. im not too tall but i have pretty good verticals, im bout 5'9 10 ish. and i can graze standard rim. i have real good handles, i like to drive. my shooting is sorta erractic. i have decent 3s and i can go left and right. i love making nice passes, and i have pretty good court vision. i would compare my self to someone like atoine walker a pointfoward without the numerous chucking of the 3s and mixed with a bit of raefer alston.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/12/2004  7:51 PM
My game is all about hitting the X, Y, A, B, L, and R buttons.

Unfortunately god did not bless me with the athletic skills or the work ethic to practice enough to even become remotely good at basketball, so I just enjoy watching others who are better then me play the most awesome game on the planet.

But I was given amazing skills at videogames haha.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/12/2004  8:10 PM
The strongest part of my game is defense. I'm pretty good at hitting runners, and decent at the 3's.

I struggle with a set mid range jumper, I usually end up shooting too hard.

I'm great at driving into the paint and losing defenders, but that only can get me so far with my inconsistant jumper and "limited" passing abilities.

I guess my game reminds me of Bruce Bowen, just toned down on the inside shots. And as far as driving goes, I'll say Marbury for the hell of it, just not nearly to that extent...also adding I can't do anything with it once I get into the paint.
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  9:09 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Unfortunately god did not bless me with the athletic skills or the work ethic to practice enough to even become remotely good at basketball, so I just enjoy watching others who are better then me play the most awesome game on the planet.

NBA comparison = Clarence Weatherspoon
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/13/2004  9:51 AM
I am 6' 1" 230lbs bruiser. This was after I tore my left hamstring and could not run up and down anymore.

Pre-tear (190lbs) I patterned my game to Magic Johnson. I could rebound and turn-up the court and either distribute or take it all the way.

Post-tear, I am more Charles Barkley. My J is inconsistent(streaky) but I am beast in the paint. I shoot free throws like Bruce Bowen(good form but it does not go in most of the times). I get a lot of rebounds and like to give the occasional hard foul. I can't shoot the 3 like Sir Charles but I drive to the basket like Sir Charles.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/13/2004  9:58 AM
i have the speed of an old mark jackson, the footwork of a young eddie lee wilkens, and the grace of a chris dudley...
EnySpree

5/13/2004  12:35 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i have the speed of an old mark jackson, the footwork of a young eddie lee wilkens, and the grace of a chris dudley...

Funny....you sound cripple.

I love the game so much.
I'm trying to picture all of your styles.

If half of you weren't crazy I'd challenge you all one on one somewhere. We could have a Nike Battle grounds tournament for a pack of paper for your printer, lol.

EnySpree

5/13/2004  1:07 PM
Yo we have enough to take on the Knicks! Nah.....but we could at least essemble a team that could join a tourney like on West 4th and really make some noise! What's good fellas? We can win it all! MMMMMWAAAaahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

This is the UltimateKnicks Forum squad:

EnySpree is the point forward type cuz I don't have the range or handle to be a guard.
TMS brings shot blocking and dirty work(how tall are you?)
Kam is the enforcer, brings all the intangibles.
Mintyfresh is the point guard having the best handles out of the bunch.
Oasis is the coach. He got the x's and the o,l,r,triangles and box, lol.
Matt has the range on the 3 and is a good slasher.
NYKBocker is our big fella. Inside presence.
djsunyc brings 6 fouls, lol.

Hey we got a decent roster....
starting five
Power fwd: NYKBocker
Small fwd: EnySpree
Center: TMS (how tall?)
Point guard: Mintyfresh
Shooting guard: Matt

djsunyc with the 6 fouls and Kam as the 6th man.
Oasis is the coach or at least he'll keep a eye on our bags, lol.

Lets do it!!!! We'd be the team to beat this summer!
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  1:14 PM
i'm a thin 6 footer...i don't have the size to be a 5...more like a 3 who can guard smaller G's on the perimeter as well as taller F's who aren't as physical.
EnySpree

5/13/2004  1:18 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'm a thin 6 footer...i don't have the size to be a 5...more like a 3 who can guard smaller G's on the perimeter as well as taller F's who aren't as physical.

but you are the only one that mentioned shot blocking. Like you said you are like Camby cuz you are our center by default.
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  1:21 PM
i can block shots...i have pretty good ups for a smaller guy...but not the size to bang down low w/some 240 pounder.

think of me as a Tayshaun Prince type player...i'm too short to be Keon Clark or Marcus Camby.
EnySpree

5/13/2004  1:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

i can block shots...i have pretty good ups for a smaller guy...but not the size to bang down low w/some 240 pounder.

think of me as a Tayshaun Prince type player...i'm too short to be Keon Clark or Marcus Camby.

Man no need to bang. We got Kam and NYKBocker for that. I like putting bodies on guys. So the fact that you are skinny wouldn't make a difference.

Besides.....what the hell are we even talking about? lol.

We'd make a decent team though, right?
TMS
USA
5/13/2004  1:40 PM
someone should create our player profiles on NBA Live & play a sim game & post the results.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
5/13/2004  3:57 PM
I'm down for an outing in the park one of these days.
I live in NJ about an hour from manhattan.
Can't wait to move back to NYC!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/13/2004  5:18 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by djsunyc:

Funny....you sound cripple.

I love the game so much.
I'm trying to picture all of your styles.

If half of you weren't crazy I'd challenge you all one on one somewhere. We could have a Nike Battle grounds tournament for a pack of paper for your printer, lol.

in my hey day, think glen rice
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/13/2004  6:50 PM
I patterned my game after Larry Bird. But then i realized I actually could run and jump then it slowly became patterned after Jordan. Think of me as the 5'9'' version of Larry Bird and Jordan.
OT:Describe your game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy