[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shame Tread: 3/15 noon vs Bucks: Buck 'em down!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/15/2014  2:13 PM
Cole is a presence on d
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2014  2:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Is there a finishing school Shump can enroll in over the summer?

Rookie summer league but we all know how that turned out lol

ScoreBot
3/15/2014  2:15 PM
4th Qtr 5:30
NYK 99 MIL 81
Dagger
Member: #4184

3/15/2014  2:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2014  2:16 PM
I knew Hardaway would break through that slump. People were trying to rake him across the coals when it was obvious he was just hitting the rookie wall. He will be a very good offensive player. The skeptics try to label him as a 3pt shooter but it's clear he can be much more than that.
ScoreBot
3/15/2014  2:25 PM
4th Qtr 3:07
NYK 103 MIL 86
ScoreBot
3/15/2014  2:30 PM
4th Qtr 1:02
NYK 111 MIL 92
CrushAlot
USA
3/15/2014  2:32 PM
Awesome.
ScoreBot
3/15/2014  2:35 PM
Final  
NYK 115 MIL 94
TeamBall
Member: #4386

3/15/2014  2:36 PM
Lol Spero "how great is it to have your son here and the news of the press conference on tuesday"

I don't even know those 2 things are related

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
USA
3/15/2014  2:37 PM
Melo sits out the entire fourth quarter and misses out on a chance to practice playing the right way
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2014  2:46 PM
Ill take the win..at least the games the rest of the way are now watchable...
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/15/2014  2:54 PM
Dagger wrote:I knew Hardaway would break through that slump. People were trying to rake him across the coals when it was obvious he was just hitting the rookie wall. He will be a very good offensive player. The skeptics try to label him as a 3pt shooter but it's clear he can be much more than that.

100% agree he's a special talent and he's been picking up the defense as well averaging at least a steal in the last 3 games

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/15/2014  4:40 PM
Just watched the game (was out swimming so I taped it)- most satisfactory- I wish we'd played like this a lot earlier in the season! Almost a shame we don't have a game until Wednesday.

Crazy when you look back at all the chemistry issues we had at the start of the year:

MWP unhappy with playing time
Beno unhappy with playing time
Amar'e unhappy about playing time and touches
K-Mart unhappy with playing time
Shump Unhappy with Woody and the Knicks organisation
Bargs unhappy with life

No wonder we sucked. I really hope we can make the playoffs.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/15/2014  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2014  6:06 PM
Yeah, I too was out earlier but just caught the replay.

I know it hasn't been against great competition lately but man, they looked locked in. Night & day difference from before... Could be looking at some fool's gold here with a few guys but I'll take it--let's enjoy it and ride the wave, hopefully right into the playoffs.

Woodson's been a lot better of late but a small adjustment I'd like to see him make for the rest of the way -- play Aldrich and Earl Clark ahead of Jeremy Tyler. I just don't see big-time potential out of Tyler now that he's gotten a chance a little bit. Dude just looks sloppy and clumsy out there. I just don't see any through-the-roof upside here...I want guy's we could rely on for some better production -- either gimme more Earl Clark for some more offensive punch/versatility when the needs arises or more Cole Aldrich for more defense and rebounding around the basket (an Aldrich/Clark combo at the same time could also be very effective -- it was against the Celtics the other night when Woody went to it. Also like both of those guys alongside Melo. Melo could play with both of those guys). I just like what both of those guys bring to the table more that what Tyler brings. Both of those guys are just higher impact basketball players, I'm sorry. I know Woody's gonna stick with Tyler as the 3rd big man behind Chandler & STAT but I wish he'd reconsider that. More Clark & Aldrich could really help us...Wish Aldrich got more of an opportunity today -- I think he earned it after the fine play the other night; instead, he was relegated right back to garbage time. Should've saw some more meaningful minutes today..

CrushAlot
USA
3/15/2014  6:08 PM
Finestrg wrote:Yeah, I too was out earlier but just caught the replay.

I know it hasn't been against great competition lately but man, they looked locked in. Night & day difference from before... Could be looking at some fool's gold here with a few guys but I'll take it--let's enjoy it and ride the wave, hopefully right into the playoffs.

Woodson's been a lot better of late but a small adjustment I'd like to see him make for the rest of the way -- play Aldrich and Earl Clark ahead of Jeremy Tyler. I just don't see big-time potential out of Tyler now that he's gotten a chance a little bit. Dude just looks sloppy and clumsy out there. I just don't see any through-the-roof upside here...I want guy's we could rely on for some better production -- either gimme more Earl Clark for some more offensive punch/versatility when the needs arises or more Cole Aldrich for more defense and rebounding around the basket (an Aldrich/Clark combo at the same time could also be very effective -- it was against the Celtics the other night and Melo could play with both of those guys). I just like what both of those guys bring to the table more that what Tyler brings. Both of those guys are just higher impact basketball players, I'm sorry. I know Woody's gonna stick with Tyler as the 3rd big man behind Chandler & STAT but I wish he'd re-think that. More Clark & Aldrich could really help us..

Clumsy is a good word to use describing Tyler's recent play. I get scared every time he spins to the basket on offense. He seems totally out of control. On d he just picks up too many stupid fouls. Cole looked really good again today. Man if that reverse goes down they might have had to give him another game ball.

CrushAlot
USA
3/15/2014  6:09 PM
Doc you have to do the next shame thread. Amazing run.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/15/2014  10:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2014  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Woodson's been a lot better of late but a small adjustment I'd like to see him make for the rest of the way -- play Aldrich and Earl Clark ahead of Jeremy Tyler. I just don't see big-time potential out of Tyler now that he's gotten a chance a little bit. Dude just looks sloppy and clumsy out there. I just don't see any through-the-roof upside here...I want guy's we could rely on for some better production -- either gimme more Earl Clark for some more offensive punch/versatility when the needs arises or more Cole Aldrich for more defense and rebounding around the basket (an Aldrich/Clark combo at the same time could also be very effective -- it was against the Celtics the other night and Melo could play with both of those guys). I just like what both of those guys bring to the table more that what Tyler brings. Both of those guys are just higher impact basketball players, I'm sorry. I know Woody's gonna stick with Tyler as the 3rd big man behind Chandler & STAT but I wish he'd re-think that. More Clark & Aldrich could really help us..

Clumsy is a good word to use describing Tyler's recent play. I get scared every time he spins to the basket on offense. He seems totally out of control. On d he just picks up too many stupid fouls. Cole looked really good again today. Man if that reverse goes down they might have had to give him another game ball.

I dunno, just not feeling this dude Tyler anymore -- I question whether he's really worth our time, esp. at this stage where we're playing important games trying to get into the playoffs...He's gotten some time recently and looks overmatched. His offense, probably the best part of his game, is underwhelming & doesn't wow you at all---he's had glimpses (most of those came in summer league with a sprinkle of garbage time baskets here & there) but nothing sustainable to suggest that he could be a dominant big man on the offensive end eventually. Then there's the worse aspects: bad hands, turnover prone, foul prone, poor rebounder & defender, questionable motor, his body needs some work, and he doesn't look like he possesses a killer instinct (look at how much tougher Jeff Adrien looked today in their matchup against one another---at one point it even looked like Melo pulled him aside by the bench in a timeout and said something like 'what's wrong with you? Go after that guy!" Something's wrong if Melo has to get on him like that..). Just not seeing enough. If anything, he's a long-term project-type that needs a hell of a lot more polish. Meanwhile, we've got 2 other bigs, Aldrich & Clark, just a couple of years younger (all these guys are young enough where everyone's in the same boat btw---Tyler, Aldrich & Clark all qualify as 'young' where all 3 have a ton of basketball in front of them if they can stick in the NBA and find their niche) that are much further along skill-wise and much more worth our time -- both right now and long-term investment-wise should we decide to keep them beyond this year. Cole Aldrich had a distinguished career at Kansas that showcased his rebounding, his defensive ability and his success. Tyler can't touch this guy in these areas, that's a fact. And then there's Clark who's a pretty darn good offensive player, much better than Tyler. Bottom line -- Cole and Clark have legit, discernible skills that they can hang there hats on; skills that can help the team. Tyler doesn't. That's the difference...If Woody's really interested in the here & now and grabbing that 8th seed, he should think long and hard about elevating both Aldrich & Clark ahead of Tyler in his rotation for the rest of the season. Again, just MHO but here's yet another example of coach not utilizing his roster to the fullest.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/16/2014  4:33 AM
Finestrg wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I dunno, just not feeling this dude Tyler anymore -- I question whether he's really worth our time, esp. at this stage where we're playing important games trying to get into the playoffs...He's gotten some time recently and looks overmatched. His offense, probably the best part of his game, is underwhelming & doesn't wow you at all---he's had glimpses (most of those came in summer league with a sprinkle of garbage time baskets here & there) but nothing sustainable to suggest that he could be a dominant big man on the offensive end eventually. Then there's the worse aspects: bad hands, turnover prone, foul prone, poor rebounder & defender, questionable motor, his body needs some work, and he doesn't look like he possesses a killer instinct (look at how much tougher Jeff Adrien looked today in their matchup against one another---at one point it even looked like Melo pulled him aside by the bench in a timeout and said something like 'what's wrong with you? Go after that guy!" Something's wrong if Melo has to get on him like that..). Just not seeing enough. If anything, he's a long-term project-type that needs a hell of a lot more polish. Meanwhile, we've got 2 other bigs, Aldrich & Clark, just a couple of years younger (all these guys are young enough where everyone's in the same boat btw---Tyler, Aldrich & Clark all qualify as 'young' where all 3 have a ton of basketball in front of them if they can stick in the NBA and find their niche) that are much further along skill-wise and much more worth our time -- both right now and long-term investment-wise should we decide to keep them beyond this year. Cole Aldrich had a distinguished career at Kansas that showcased his rebounding, his defensive ability and his success. Tyler can't touch this guy in these areas, that's a fact. And then there's Clark who's a pretty darn good offensive player, much better than Tyler. Bottom line -- Cole and Clark have legit, discernible skills that they can hang there hats on; skills that can help the team. Tyler doesn't. That's the difference...If Woody's really interested in the here & now and grabbing that 8th seed, he should think long and hard about elevating both Aldrich & Clark ahead of Tyler in his rotation for the rest of the season. Again, just MHO but here's yet another example of coach not utilizing his roster to the fullest.

Interestingly, when Cole had that big game, Woody said afterwards that he has a great attitude, and that he doesn't complain about minutes- if he had of been frustrated and complaining about his lack of minutes it would have shown when he finally got the playing time. So that comment must have been referring to either Tyler or Murry.

Shame Tread: 3/15 noon vs Bucks: Buck 'em down!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy