[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nets will end up beating Detroit
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2004  4:39 PM
well if they plan on filling the roster with player from the And-1 league or Ruckers park thats fine. If they plan and having ANY depth whatsoever they are breaking $70 mill. Its possible but like I said, they arent Port/NY/Dall. Heck, even the Lakers have said point blank they will NOT pay 3 stars, and thats why they fill the roster with guys making less than $1 mm, this is from the highest valued franchise in the league.

If the Nets can afford to what the Lakers cant I will believe it when I see it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/12/2004  4:59 PM
The outcome of the Nets/Pistons series will have major FA market implications this summer.

If the Nets lose, I expect KMart to take his wares shopping. If Denver offers KMart the max (Imagine THAT team!), does Rod Thorn match? If he does, they might not be able to sign. The Alonzo thing was the worst thing to ever happen to the Nets, not that I blame them for trying (but, I believe in 2005-6 Alonzo will come off the cap due to the two year retirement rule, but their insurance premiums will go up - and so will ours!). If the Nets sign KMart to a max deal, can they afford to give RJ one? It will be interesting. Especially if they are coming off a bitter loss to arch-rival Detroit.

If the Pistons lose, does Sheed stay? Does Larry Brown stay? Do the Pistons blow up this team and go with their youth?

Very interesting series. The Lakers/Spurs obviously has as many or more major implications. As does the Minny/Sacto one. I guess the only series that doesn't is Miami's, unless they win...
¿ △ ?
Ray15
Member: #668
5/12/2004  5:11 PM
Posted by tkf:

Why do you guys want sheed? the guy has become a jump shooting big man, we have enough of those, sheed will occasionaly get the put back dunk or the occasional oop, but the guy is not a post factor anymore IMO.. I would rather focus my attention on a guy like Tyson chandler...

Why do I want Sheed? The guy is perfect in the pick and roll game with Marbury. He's a 7 footer that could play 3 positions in the East. He has heart, doesn't back down from anybody, and rebounds extremely well. He can score in the post. But above all of that, he plays great defense. He is a shotblocker who would enhance our team defense tremendously. He can guard the big power fowards in the league and would be able to handle all the eastern conference cetners.

Why can't we focus our attention on both Sheed and Chandler. I would give up KT and cap relief for Ty Chandler and JYD. We could start Nazr and Sheed with Chandler and Sweetney off the bench. Our interior defense would be nasty and we'd have post scoring and shotblocking. Just imagine a second unit frontline with JYD, Sheed, and Chandler. Talk about a defensive unit with energy.

Now I'm going to stop dreaming because it's probably 90% that Sheed stays in Detroit. But it will be interesting if they get blown out in the next two. Dumars has always loved Okur and although he hasn't done much this series he's still very young.

[Edited by - ray15 on 05/12/2004 17:14:34]
Defense and Toughness
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/12/2004  8:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

they better do well in the draft because keeping KMart and Jefferson isnt realistic, unless the new owner is ok with losing $20 mill a year.

If they move to Brooklyn watchout because they will be in a financial position to give MAX contracts Martin and RJ.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/12/2004  10:47 PM
New Jersey is a really ****y team. I never seen a team get that giddy during a NBA game. They were so close to taunting it was incredible.

What part of humiliation you dont understand. And ya boy played it down like some learning experience. Now the stage is set for Nets to make their Brooklyn entrance and make claim to the city. Knicks raising ticket prices was not a good idea untill they got a MVP type player......like I said before how you going look with a 100+ mil
payroll, 10- 20% ticket increase, and you telling me no MVP type player on your bank......Please

Talk about MVP type player(s), you think Kobe has a chance going BK before MSG ? lemme see, who could the Nets trade ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/12/2004  10:57 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

RJ is easy to replace? huh can you find me an RJ or 2 for the Knicks? RJ and Kmart are NOT replacble.

he's not easy to replace, he's just easier to. there are ALOT of wingmen that can flourish with jkidd and the nets system. rj shot 40% from the floor this season. considering 1/2 his points are on dunks, that doesn't speak well of his outside shot. heck, dmiles can average 15 with this team. and tim thomas would actually be better on the nets than rj would just b/c he has a better outside shot. that's all i'm saying, rj works well with the system but they can find someone to replace there.

the more and more i read your posts, the more and more you sound like a closet net's fan...did you root for the bulls in the mid 90's?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/12/2004  10:59 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by fishmike:

they better do well in the draft because keeping KMart and Jefferson isnt realistic, unless the new owner is ok with losing $20 mill a year.

If they move to Brooklyn watchout because they will be in a financial position to give MAX contracts Martin and RJ.

moving to BK is a LONG LONG LONG time away, if it happens. and when/if it happens, jkidd will be 36. anyways, they would have to re-sign both by the end of next season.
Nets will end up beating Detroit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy