[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cole Aldrich Appreciation Thread
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
12/28/2014  11:05 AM
Cole needs to get cut. If hr can get harder and quicker he would be a 15/10 guy.
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/28/2014  12:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:^^^Seems like there should have been a Knick teammate or two over to support Acy. Every Wizard on the floor except for Wall helped to restrain Acy.

that solidarity is merely a reflection of a good team with a good record and a chance to make some real inroads in the playoffs.

the various and sundry knick reactions are merely a reflection of a bad team with a bad record and no chance of climbing out of the hole they would predictably find themselves in.

what we see in the clip is a range of reactions by several knick players, none of which was an expression of solidarity. that you choose to focus on the one player that represents the extreme of that spectrum just shows prejudice and clouds the larger issue that there is NO LEADERSHIP on this team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/28/2014  12:55 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Cole needs to get cut. If hr can get harder and quicker he would be a 15/10 guy.

no idea what you mean

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

12/28/2014  1:18 PM
Keith Schlosser:

- Cole Aldrich served as an another bright spot for the Knicks, shooting 8 of 9 on his way to scoring a career-high 18 points to go along with 7 rebounds.

- As the Knicks fought their way back from fourteen points down to force overtime, Aldrich was a catalyst on the defensive end. When he fouled out following just seconds after the extra period began, much of his team’s hope for a victory seemed to slip away along with him.

- Aside from Aldrich, the short-handed (nine man team, to be exact) had no answers

mreinman

12/28/2014  11:34 PM
12 points (on 6-16 (not that great)

19 rebounds effin phenomenal

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2014  11:41 PM
mreinman wrote:12 points (on 6-16 (not that great)

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

I looked up his combine measurements because his reach/arm length is freakish. Cole is 6-9 in sneakers but has a 7-4.75 wingspan.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

12/29/2014  12:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

I looked up his combine measurements because his reach/arm length is freakish. Cole is 6-9 in sneakers but has a 7-4.75 wingspan.

thats a big span, right?

Splat
Member: #5862

12/29/2014  1:11 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/29/2014  9:14 AM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

The dude has determination.
He was fighting all-alone style with all Portland team in the paint on both ends.
And some dudes here are saying Cool has no heart because he never joined useless brawl...
He is doing everything possible to learn triangle and improve his post game.
This is not so often happens in NBA to have a player the team can depend on.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Splat

12/29/2014  9:38 AM
arkrud wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

He was fighting all-alone style with all Portland team in the paint on both ends.
And some dudes here are saying Cool has no heart because he never joined useless brawl...

I'd bring him back next year. Drafting a center may make Cole a good backup. Doubt he ever locks into a long-term role as a starter. It is not impossible, but the odds are against him. He'd have to diversify his offensive moves and show he can shoot facing the basket from 8-15 feet. But what he does is pretty good. He is different. He's an orangutang. I always liked orangutangs.

mreinman

12/29/2014  9:40 AM
Splat wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

I'd bring him back next year. Drafting a center may make Cole a good backup. Doubt he ever locks into a long-term role as a starter. It is not impossible, but the odds are against him. He'd have to diversify his offensive moves and show he can shoot facing the basket from 8-15 feet. But what he does is pretty good. He is different. He's an orangutang. I always liked orangutangs.

Like Tyson?

Splat

12/29/2014  10:11 AM
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

Like Tyson?

What's your question?

Cole has had a long uphill battle getting traction in the league. Being able to hit the short to mid-range jumper would increase his opportunities to play.

Or it will take coaches who see his value and use him better than before.

mreinman

12/29/2014  10:12 AM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

Like Tyson?

What's your question?

Cole has had a long uphill battle getting traction in the league. Being able to hit the short to mid-range jumper would increase his opportunities to play.

yes. its crucial that he hit that shot.

I always hated that Tyson never worked on that.

TPercy
Member: #5748

12/29/2014  10:50 AM
Coletrain has potential to be a decent mid ranger, He needs a summer with Hakeem or someone to teach him better moves. Also, he needs to get into better shape, one factor that they keep subbing him in and out is because he is out of breath a lot. Nevertheless good work last night.
The Future is Bright!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/29/2014  10:57 AM
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

2 assists

4 freakin steals

1 block

thats a big span, right?

C'est tres grande

Like Tyson?

What's your question?

yes. its crucial that he hit that shot.

I always hated that Tyson never worked on that.

This is the line of thinking that gives the Jason Smiths and the Bargnanis of the world playing time and money over guys that can actually contribute.

mreinman

12/31/2014  6:53 PM
just getting this thread ready for bump
mreinman

12/31/2014  6:54 PM
cole has 5 assists in the first 1.5 quarters and could have easily have had 8
mreinman

12/31/2014  7:09 PM
first half:

8 points (ON 4/5 SHOOTING)
5 ASSISTS
2 rebounds
1 steal

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
12/31/2014  7:40 PM
mreinman wrote:first half:

5 ASSISTS
2 rebounds
1 steal

you should dig up the threads from last season where posters were expressing a preference for jeremy tyler over aldrich. i bet it will expose the usual suspects.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

12/31/2014  7:41 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:first half:

5 ASSISTS
2 rebounds
1 steal

you should dig up the threads from last season where posters were expressing a preference for jeremy tyler over aldrich. i bet it will expose the usual suspects.

fitzfarm ...

trust me I remember

THJ was the next reggie miller and Tyler was a future OK4

Cole Aldrich Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy