[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cole Aldrich Appreciation Thread
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/12/2014  9:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2014  9:54 PM
Just wanna beat misterearl to this

Lets not go nuts and start comparing him to HOFers, but ...

12 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks, great picks, nice defense ...

Is it just me or does he look like a better defender than Tyson at this point in his career?

Everything he did tonight was smart.

Woody is a putz - c ya

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/12/2014  9:54 PM
mreinman wrote:Just wanna beat misterearl to this

Lets not go nuts and start comparing him to HOFers, but ...

12 points, 10 boards, 3 blocks, great picks, nice defense ...

Is it just me or does he look like a better defender than Tyson at this point in his career?

Everything he did tonight was smart.

Woody is a putz - c ya

Hit the nail on the head my man. I agree with everything you said.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/12/2014  9:56 PM
He looked great and sets a great screen. He also is huge.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/12/2014  10:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:He looked great and sets a great screen. He also is huge.

He might be the difference between us being in the playoffs and not being in the playoffs when we did not use him when Tyson went down.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/12/2014  10:02 PM
Damn! I even liked his interview.

Post game comments "he really played a poised game tonight"

Boy do I hate Tyson and hope that we get rid of him. I think that his attitude is the main problem.

I do hope that his family is ok though.

mreinman

3/12/2014  10:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

He might be the difference between us being in the playoffs and not being in the playoffs when we did not use him when Tyson went down.

exactly. inexcusable!

And ... how many of us begged for this?

mreinman

3/12/2014  10:12 PM
Woody post game about Cole "we gave him the game ball" blah blah blah blah

You are a dope! Thanks for playing him

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/12/2014  10:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

And who's fault is that?

mreinman

3/12/2014  10:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

And who's fault is that?

Of course Melo

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

3/12/2014  10:33 PM
I'm really happy that we pay Tyson, aka Illest, aka Incognito 14 million to do the same or less on a nightly basis, while being a cancer and throwing his teammates under the bus. Great game from Cole tonight!
mreinman

3/12/2014  10:40 PM
anyone know Cole's contract situation?
mreinman

3/12/2014  10:42 PM
great! looks like he is a UFA - nice job!

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/cole-aldrich/

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/12/2014  10:50 PM
Tyson who?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/12/2014  10:52 PM
mreinman wrote:great! looks like he is a UFA - nice job!

maybe for once the Knicks did a good job by not playing him so they can lock him up after the season unlike they did with Cope.

I don't think he will have a big market because he has put up similar performances every where he has been but yet he as been traded an not re-signed. Hopefully they can keep him and sign him to a 2 yr deal.

mreinman

3/12/2014  10:53 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

maybe for once the Knicks did a good job by not playing him so they can lock him up after the season unlike they did with Cope.

I don't think he will have a big market because he has put up similar performances every where he has been but yet he as been traded an not re-signed. Hopefully they can keep him and sign him to a 2 yr deal.

wish there was a team option

yellowboy90

3/12/2014  10:55 PM
Wow, Tyson really gets no love anymore. Poor guy. He is not as bad as some make it seems. I guess his attitude this year has brought out the worst in fans. I have been critical of Tyson but give him credit too.
mreinman

3/12/2014  10:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, Tyson really gets no love anymore. Poor guy. He is not as bad as some make it seems. I guess his attitude this year has brought out the worst in fans. I have been critical of Tyson but give him credit too.

He does good things but can't stand him. Can he set a phucking pick like a man? Can you catch the damn ball?

His defense sucks this year too. No help defense, no rotations, just bitching all game to the refs

and he is brittle like a bird

In my mind he really hurts the flow and all he can do is PNR and with Felton as our PG, this is no separation because teams are begging Felton to shoot.

Why the hell we did not trade Tyson at the deadline? He actually had decent trade value.

Why does a defensive player of the year need a double team on his man every damn play? Can't he man up?

OVERRATED!

yellowboy90

3/12/2014  11:01 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

He would be scary under Thibs. My fan dream would be Thibs and the Chi. Front office have it out over the summer and Thibs comes to NY with Steve Kerr as G.M. instead of coach. Kerr tried to get MDA to add Thibs on staff in PHX but MDA refused and the rest is history.

It can happen right? San Fran wanted to trade Harbaugh this summer.

mreinman

3/12/2014  11:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

He would be scary under Thibs. My fan dream would be Thibs and the Chi. Front office have it out over the summer and Thibs comes to NY with Steve Kerr as G.M. instead of coach. Kerr tried to get MDA to add Thibs on staff in PHX but MDA refused and the rest is history.

It can happen right? San Fran wanted to trade Harbaugh this summer.

Who are you talking about?

yellowboy90

3/12/2014  11:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Wow, Tyson really gets no love anymore. Poor guy. He is not as bad as some make it seems. I guess his attitude this year has brought out the worst in fans. I have been critical of Tyson but give him credit too.

He does good things but can't stand him.

Can he set a phucking pick like a man? He is better at than people give him credit for, imo.

Can you catch the damn ball? Not if its below the neck area. I should say rarely if its not above the neck area but it has to be a mid high bounce pass

His defense sucks this year too. No help defense, no rotations, just bitching all game to the refs

I agree

and he is brittle like a bird

I agree

In my mind he really hurts the flow and all he can do is PNR and with Felton as our PG, this is no separation because teams are begging Felton to shoot.

That's more Felton's fault but he can PnR with anyone. I agree that he does hurt the flow sometimes only because he doesn't have the ability to recognize spacing on O. He takes the same pathway after he sets a screen and he doesn't know when to go to the high post naturally to create spacing when Melo or Amar'e is being fronted. If you watch Kenyon as the 5 you see him get wider sometimes after he sets a screen or flash to the high post. It's small little nuances that Tyson has never picked up. I even notice sometimes that Tyson occasionally runs up the back of Melo off the PnR when Melo is shooting a jumper. He needs to go slightly wider to not interrupt a jump shooter's spatial awareness.

Why the hell we did not trade Tyson at the deadline? He actually had decent trade value.

He should still have value especially as an expiring contract. However, I wrestle with it being a good idea unless the Knicks get back a pick and a center. For example, you offer me Robin Lopez and a 2015 then I say do it and do not think twice about it. Why would Portland do it because they have a great PnR guard and Tyson creates vertical spacing. Plus more defensive rep. Robin is the better rim protector and how could Dolan refuse taking Robin with Brook in Brooklyn. lol.

Why does a defensive player of the year need a double team on his man every damn play? Can't he man up?

This is a question I ask every time I see a double team with Tyson. What makes it more frustrating is that he has complained about not needing help and then complained about not getting help. lol. It could be scheme. Woodson seems to double any and every post entry.

OVERRATED!

Cole Aldrich Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy