[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MARBURY is going to Athens!!
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/12/2004  5:03 PM
I have mixed feelings about Athens...how many players have actually improved anything there? The World Games were a major step back for Paul Pierce, remember.

Let's just all pray there's no terrorist attacks...I don't like when the real world and basketball collide...
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Chico
Member: #666
5/13/2004  12:54 AM
You people are living in la la land! He's gonna get his head sawed off and we'll have no player...and still be way over the salary cap!

Marbury playing in the Olympics doesn't bode well for the knicks, it just doesn't. Neither does Houston refusing surgery, but hey! why not plaster 17.5 mill more onto what is the most expensive bench in league history.

From a business standpoint, I'm with Mark Cuban on this one. Its outrageous that these guys do this with a teams hundred million dollar investment and besides the Olympics really should be for amateurs.
Chico
Member: #666
5/13/2004  1:57 AM
There were two attacks in Athens today alone. One was foiled, one wasn't. You can be guaranteed that cells have been operating off cyprus and from within for years now. these guys are bad mother****ers and they're professional. They have to find one weakness and that's all. Security has to protect against infinite possible scenarios in what everyone is saying is the most slapdash olympics ever (the stadiums aren't even finished construction and the olympics are three months away). And you want to send the franchise player into that? for what?
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/13/2004  8:22 AM
Posted by Chico:

There were two attacks in Athens today alone. One was foiled, one wasn't. You can be guaranteed that cells have been operating off cyprus and from within for years now. these guys are bad mother****ers and they're professional. They have to find one weakness and that's all. Security has to protect against infinite possible scenarios in what everyone is saying is the most slapdash olympics ever (the stadiums aren't even finished construction and the olympics are three months away). And you want to send the franchise player into that? for what?

chico, one thing i have learned over the years is that terrorists have been after the usa for decades. true, the past couple of years have been eye openers for all of us but it has always been around. it was'nt too long ago that a bomb went off at the atlanta olympic games. however, we are talking world security here. i would think the every country, not only the us, will take every precuation to make sure everyone is safe. these attacks lately are happening before the games and before the tight security is implemented. believe me, it will be protected like the white house. it would probably be the safest place on earth in august. security for these games have been beefed up since the massacre in munich thirty years ago. with the technology now like digital cameras and satellite visuals it will be very difficult for terrorists acts to take place. as long as they follow the rules such as curfews and security points, everyone should be safe. now, i am not saying that this can not happen. one thing we learned three years ago is that anything can happen. but they are as safe as possible.
MARBURY is going to Athens!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy