[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MARBURY is going to Athens!!
Author Thread
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
5/11/2004  8:21 PM
marb is going to be seleted to be on the olympic team.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-usolympicteam&prov=ap&type=lgns
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Member: #544
USA
5/11/2004  8:41 PM
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I'm happy Marbury will represent the Knicks in the Olympics but on the other hand he could get hurt in the Olympics and our season might be over before it starts. Even if he doesn't get injured the Olympics might tire him before the season even starts. Anyway, I would like to see him go to the Olympics and play well. I just hope he will be ready to go 100% by the first game of the season (if he even accepts the invitation to be play).

[Edited by - s3231 on 05/11/2004 20:41:34]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/11/2004  9:08 PM
I'd hate to see him get injured but I'd rather him be over in Athens getting better then fooling around all summer, and possibly getting hurt at the Rucker.

Marbury doesn't get tired. I think Athens would be great for him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jazz74
Member: #371
5/12/2004  8:26 AM
that is true. marbury will be playing b-ball regardless. he has a better chance getting hurt playing streetball than an organize game in athens. it has been 4 years since we had a new york rep in the olympics so i am thrilled.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/12/2004  8:31 AM
He is only 28, remember?

He needs to go, learn and elevate his status and confidence. He must learn to lead, not just highlight. This is a good thing for him and the knicks.

Just hope no al queda azzwipes put a sidewinder into the queen mary where they will be staying.

THe games in athens while nice intentions are proving to be a bad idea while we are at war. And we are at war.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/12/2004  9:08 AM
Posted by jazz74:

it has been 4 years since we had a new york rep in the olympics so i am thrilled.

Hasn't it been 4 years since the last Olympics?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/12/2004  10:38 AM
if he starts at point guard he will show really show us what he's made of. It will be a great way for him to prove that he can lead good players.
jazz74
Member: #371
5/12/2004  11:11 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by jazz74:

it has been 4 years since we had a new york rep in the olympics so i am thrilled.

Hasn't it been 4 years since the last Olympics?

yeah, that was dumb. let me clarify. it has been four years since we had a new york rep playing basketball for any world championship ( since we compete every other year with the olympics or world games). also in the past 12 years since the pro players were allowed to participate, only two ( houston and ewing) were part of the teams. so you can say i am starved for a rep.
EnySpree

5/12/2004  11:37 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

if he starts at point guard he will show really show us what he's made of. It will be a great way for him to prove that he can lead good players.

That would be awesome. Bibby is the other point guard on the team so Marbury is already the teams best floor leader. I gotta check who else has confirmed their participation.

It's rumored he excepted the offer but nothing was announced officially last I checked.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/12/2004  12:28 PM
Posted by Nalod:

He is only 28, remember?

He needs to go, learn and elevate his status and confidence. He must learn to lead, not just highlight. This is a good thing for him and the knicks.

Just hope no al queda azzwipes put a sidewinder into the queen mary where they will be staying.

THe games in athens while nice intentions are proving to be a bad idea while we are at war. And we are at war.

marbs just turned 27 a month ago.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2004  12:47 PM
I think this has many more positives than negatives. Marbury can pick up some things practicing against great NBA players. He can talk about how great it is to play for Lenny and Isiah, etc

He's just as liable to get hurt doing stuff on his own. Now he will be surrounded by trainers and great coaches... I think it will be a great experience for him and hope it translates into some nice exposure.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
5/12/2004  2:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I think this has many more positives than negatives. Marbury can pick up some things practicing against great NBA players. He can talk about how great it is to play for Lenny and Isiah, etc

He's just as liable to get hurt doing stuff on his own. Now he will be surrounded by trainers and great coaches... I think it will be a great experience for him and hope it translates into some nice exposure.

I agree. (as long as Lenny isn't coaching that team) Marbury should be able to learn basketball from a real coach and a real supporting cast. Perhaps he may actually learn how to play some defense practicing against some of the most talented players in the league. This is good news.
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
5/12/2004  2:10 PM
To say he has just as much chance of getting hurt doing stuff on his own is both incredibly stupid and just wrong. There are no positives here, and lots of potential negatives. A) its not just injury, its the fact that this is the only chance for our 40 min a game franchise player to rest before another grueling season, one we are all hoping will last a month or two longer than last year. Our best case scenario is "nothing bad happens to stephon" with no real upside. what, do you think, he's gonna convince other olympic players to leave their teams and come to the knicks? B) There are going to be multiple attempted terrorist attacks at the olympics this summer. Not only that, US athletes will probably be targeted. Why do you all think all the first choice guys aren't going?
fishmike
USA
5/12/2004  2:22 PM
umm... last I checked "Chico" MArbury is replacing Kidd because of an injury.

As for the terrorism issue considering the circumstances these guys will be protected.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/12/2004  2:38 PM
there's always the danger of terrorists lurking where ever you go...you can't let that deter you from carrying out w/ur plan of action or else the terrorists get what they're trying to achieve (but that's another topic that's way too involved to be discussing on a sports forum)...if anything, the security that the US team will garner will be tighter at the Olympics than anything close to what you would get right here in the States...i think the athletes will be safe personally.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
5/12/2004  2:48 PM
they will probably be safer than the president at that point. I would say the governments #1 priority will be to protect American athletes.

As for the wear and tear I would rather have Marbury playing and practicing with Larry Brown's staff and NBA players than playing all summer at the Rucker's league on blacktop. I know thats incredibly stupid but just one man's humble opinion
TMS
USA
5/12/2004  2:57 PM
stop lying...you're not humble!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree

5/12/2004  3:07 PM
Posted by TMS:

there's always the danger of terrorists lurking where ever you go...you can't let that deter you from carrying out w/ur plan of action or else the terrorists get what they're trying to achieve (but that's another topic that's way too involved to be discussing on a sports forum)...if anything, the security that the US team will garner will be tighter at the Olympics than anything close to what you would get right here in the States...i think the athletes will be safe personally.

Marbury has the same chance of getting shot in Brooklyn that he does to get hurt in Athens.

There have been terrorist in Brooklyn for as long as I can remember. Try walking though any ghetto nowadays acting flashy....Just walk down the wrong block minding your business....I call that some real life terrorism!!!
TMS
USA
5/12/2004  3:12 PM
say hello to my lil friend

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/12/2004  3:26 PM
Isiah will protect him.

I'd be more afraid of the the media than terrorists.

MARBURY is going to Athens!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy