martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2004  11:13 PM
Posted by 1:
Posted by martin:
Posted by 1:

The path to success has clearly been shown by my original post. No one can dispute that that lineup would not only be the best in the East easily, but would also be one of the favorites for a championship. Just think of this lineup:
pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed

The sixth man would be Chandler who could backup both pf and center. When he or Sweets is at pf, Jamison can move over to sf.

thing is, this is Dallas East. Who defends?

New Jersey, Indiana, Detriot are still all better.

This is much better d than Dallas. Weed is a good defender and Chandler will one day lead the league in rebounding and could end up to be a taller similar version of ben wallace with more scoring ability.

I would agree with you that Weed is good enough to play most of the teams in the East at C, not against the western conference though.

TT, Jamison and Houston don't scare no one though.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/13/2004  10:03 AM
Okay, this is a crazy ridiculous lineup. I'm guessing you 'lured' Sheed here (injured foot and all) for the mid-level. I'm guessing Dallas kindly took Kurt and Deke and Othella for an all-star. But HOW ON EARTH did we get Chandler? Nice sixth man, though. This is ridiculous. If the Knicks could get Sheed OR Chandler, they'd be a top three team in the East (Detroit doesn't scare me). Stop expecting Isiah to get two former all-stars and one future all-star for a pile of crap. It ain't happening.
¿ △ ?
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/13/2004  4:16 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Okay, this is a crazy ridiculous lineup. I'm guessing you 'lured' Sheed here (injured foot and all) for the mid-level. I'm guessing Dallas kindly took Kurt and Deke and Othella for an all-star. But HOW ON EARTH did we get Chandler? Nice sixth man, though. This is ridiculous. If the Knicks could get Sheed OR Chandler, they'd be a top three team in the East (Detroit doesn't scare me). Stop expecting Isiah to get two former all-stars and one future all-star for a pile of crap. It ain't happening.

The originial post explains the trades. Read what I wrote before you dispute it. The trade for Jmaison would be Kurt, FWill, and Othella(or Deke) for Jamison. This gives them everything they need and want, defense, guys that don;t need to shoot, the ball, some financial relief. The trade for Chandler also makes perfect sense for Chicago and is not vene necessary for my plan.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
5/14/2004  12:13 AM
PLEASE Isiah bring KOBE to NY do whatever it takes.... hands down the best ball player and ****y attitude do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get him and wallace will sign to because they will dominate the east........ trade marbury to la do ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt

williams / moochie
kobe / houston
thomas / penny
sweetney / thomas
?????
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/14/2004  8:06 AM
Posted by tkf:

I am not sold on Dampier... at all....

Me either but he can block shots....that's really about it. He displays good post moves sometimes and other's heacts like he never saw a basketball.

I just feel before a guy like Dampier or Chndler comes over the Knicks need a post up guy. There are a few 4's available. We just have to bank on getting one of them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/14/2004  8:44 AM
Dampier rebounds...he blocks shots...he's big & he's physical...

the Knicks need a big man who rebounds, block shots, who's big & who's physical...

seems like a good fit to me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
USA
5/17/2004  12:17 PM
Dampier is a fine fit. I just don't see anything we could offer to Golden State to make that sign and trade work. Kurt? Why would they do that? They have Troy Murphy and Brian Cardinal. Nazr? Again, why? Damps is better, bigger and only two years older. We have nothing to offer a team like Golden State. They need young talent and fast. A team like Memphis or Chicago can make a much better offer for Dampier. Denver could sign him outright. So could Utah (tell me Sloan wouldn't want him?). I just don't feel Dampier is realistic.

As for Jamison, I think that could happen. My only question is WHY would we want him? He's a small forward. Asking him to play defense at the four would be a JOKE. Golden State tried it for a while right after they drafted Mike Dunleavy Jr. They ended up trading Jamison at the end of that season.

While I thought the 2002-3 Warriors were entertaining, let's stop trying to reassemble them in NYC, please. What's next Marbs for Arenas???

On the Dallas tip though, Antoine Walker is definitely moving, and Chicago may trade Chandler for HIM. There will be a lot of trading this summer, the only question is whether Isiah can be involved. I have faith in the man, but I think it's going to have to be a smaller move for a lesser-known PF who can develop. If the Knicks do go with Sweets, clearly they will need a larger center than Nazr (Nazr doesn't play large on defense, which is my main problem with him - love his offense though). Do they go for Blount?

I trust Zeke. Let's wait and see...(as painful as that is...)
¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/17/2004  12:29 PM
Dampier is very doable. We need to put a package together and involve other teams in that deal. I would love to have Richardson in that deal also.
The true Knickabocker..........
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
5/17/2004  12:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

Dampier rebounds...he blocks shots...he's big & he's physical...

the Knicks need a big man who rebounds, block shots, who's big & who's physical...

seems like a good fit to me.

He plays defense though. Lenny might not like him.
crzymdups
USA
5/17/2004  1:47 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Dampier is very doable. We need to put a package together and involve other teams in that deal. I would love to have Richardson in that deal also.

Wow. So the Knicks can get Dampier and JRich. Will the Warriors be giving us the team bus too? Maybe we can sign Sheed to the MLE and then we'd have one HECK of a lineup!

As Missy says: WAKE UP!

Why on earth would GState just throw in JRich for expiring contracts? Why? This is ridiculous. Madness.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/17/2004  7:51 PM
I want Dampier. He's the best big man free agent. You can't argue with 5 offensive and 12 total rebounds a game!
rojasmas
Member: #639
5/17/2004  9:27 PM
Jamison is a small forward, not a power forward. So you would have a surplus of SF's with him and Tim Thomas. Not necessarily a bad thing but definitely a costly thing with salary cap issues. Probably would have to trade Thomas or Houston to fit Jamison in. I would rather have TT than Jamison.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Bonn1997
USA
5/17/2004  11:14 PM
Jamison is a small forward, not a power forward.

He's a "combo forward," meaning that he plays both forward positions because neither one is a natural fit for him.

I would rather have TT than Jamison.

No way would I agree with that. Jamison is basically a more consistent scoring version of TT who also brings about 4 more rebounds a game than TT.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/18/2004  12:02 AM
Bonn1997 I want Dampier. He's the best big man free agent. You can't argue with 5 offensive and 12 total rebounds a game!

Yes you can argue with that. Dampier is old, has been productive in one season (surprise! contract year), is lazy, and has clashed with coaches. Why are fans so obsessed with over the hill players? Dampier's produced in one year, if he signed a big deal with the Knicks his numbers would be like 8 and 7 and we'd be stuck with a taller Clarence Weatherspoon.

Sign a swingman or youth, but don't go with an old PF/C who's been productive all of 1 year in his career.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
5/18/2004  12:04 AM
Old??? He's 29! And he's the best available big man
Bonn1997
USA
5/18/2004  10:39 AM
we'd be stuck with a taller Clarence Weatherspoon.

That's the worst case scenario. And STILL, a 6'11" version of Clearance Weatherspoon would be a good buy for the MLE.
BigSm00th
USA
5/18/2004  12:36 PM
He'll be 30 by the time the Knicks sign him, and you're stuck with a guy signed until he's 36 for big money.

He might be the best available big man, but that's a ridiculous reason to sign somebody. If the best available center is Jim McIlvaine (this is theoretical) then do you sign him for 5 years $50 million becuase he's the best out there. You can't go on that logic, THAT is what's killed the Knicks. Hmmm, best available rebounder is Weatherspoon, ok lets sign him 6 yeras 35 million.

Best deal for Ewing is for Glen Rice and Luc Longley, instead of being patient lets do it. Best deal for Glen Rice is Eisley and Anderson, whatever, let's do that since we can't get anything else for him.

Do you see what I'm saying. Going with the old "Let's sign him just becuase its the best option right now" always leads to you getting screwed down the road. OK, he had a great year last year, I know that.

So if you sign him and in year 2 he's averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds and he's 31 and signed for another 5 years, what do you do then???
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
5/18/2004  2:52 PM
Even before Damps had his breakout year, he averaged around 8 and 8, which playing in the east (plus with a PG like Marbury) probably translates into close to 10 and 10.
BigSm00th
USA
5/18/2004  4:52 PM
OK, and KT averaged 11 and 8, so why do they need Dampier? Because he's a few inches taller?

Sign Stephen Jackson or Etan Thomas, younger guys who can still improve. I'd take Thomas over Dampier for the MLE becuase he might improve. Dampier's chances of improving are slim, and getting a guy for 10 and 10 now and in 3 seasons at 5 and 6 isn't a very promising signing. Especially because at the end of his contract when he is averaging his 5 points per game and 5 rebounds per game, he'll be getting paid like $7 million. Please, not this guy.
#Knickstaps
Here is a Great Plan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy