[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here is a Great Plan
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
5/11/2004  7:03 PM
Trade for Antwan Jamison:
This a guy that would be great on the Knicks. I could see him going for 23-10 and would be a perfect with Marbury. I think the Mavs may look to deal him if they can't move the other 'toine. I would offer something like KT, FWill, and Othella. That gives them an expiring contract, KT (who is from Dallas) who can add some toughness and not reuire that many shots, and FWill who gives them the much needed backup point guard for Steve Nash. The Mavs have wanted a backup for Nash for a long time. The Mavs have learned that it is possible to have too much offense becuase too many guys will need shots.

Trade for Tyson Chandler
I would trade Nazr, a future first rounder, and the rest of our expiring contracts (Deke, Cezary) for him and Eddie Robinson. The Bulls seem to want to unload him and erase the bad memories of the Brand trade. This gives them a guy that can play power foward or center and is fairly young but has a decent amount of expeirence and udnertands his role.

Hope that Weed Signs for the MLE

This may be a long shot but don't forget that it was Weed's dream to play for the Knicks along Marbury just a few months ago. Does playing for Detroit earse one's dream? He would be the perfect fit on the pick and role with Marbury and could be the jump shooter that the knicks would have lost with KT.

And there you have it, a contender for the title:
pg-Marbury, Moochie
sg-Houton, Penny, Demarr
sf-Timmy, Penny
pf-Jamison, Sweets
c-Weed, Chandler

[Edited by - 1 on 05/11/2004 19:04:57]
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
5/11/2004  8:29 PM
dont worry wont happen, just plz look at that line-up and tell me this is possible. bulls and mavs can get much better players and expiring contract from other teams. and sheed signing with knicks, come on, have we forgot webber already? wont happen
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/11/2004  8:40 PM
considering Chris Webber has 4 years left at max dollars & w/all his injury & legal issues, i think the Kings might very well be open to shopping him in the offseason...i doubt the Knicks have what it would take to get him though.

i think a more realistic target this offseason for Isiah to look at is Erick Dampier...a package of Nazr, Mutombo & Frank might be enough to get him in a sign & trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/11/2004  8:59 PM
Posted by TMS:

considering Chris Webber has 4 years left at max dollars & w/all his injury & legal issues, i think the Kings might very well be open to shopping him in the offseason...i doubt the Knicks have what it would take to get him though.

i think a more realistic target this offseason for Isiah to look at is Erick Dampier...a package of Nazr, Mutombo & Frank might be enough to get him in a sign & trade.

He has a lot of offensive moves. Erik Dampier is lazy. I don't think he's worth trading those guys. I think Dampier is a guy you go after once the power forward position is taken care of.

Jaimison was great in Golden State. He is a very confident scorer. He was forced to play a role in Dallas which was stupid. Frank, Mutombo, and KT would definately bring Dallas some defense.

Both guys are definately on the radar.....but other teams are thinking the same way. I trust Isiah can get someone but I just don't think Dampier is worth the trouble until we get that 4.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
5/12/2004  11:18 AM
Why give up all that stuff, mainly the contracts for Eddir Robinson and Chandler. EROb is justa bad contract and CHandler has a bad back. The man can't even hold down a starting position in CHicago. I think it's pretty near the time to call Curry and CHandler busts.
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
5/12/2004  2:12 PM
Posted by 1:

"Here is a Great Plan"

"Hope"

If "hoping" is part of Isiah's plan, we are in trouble. He needs to assume that Raweed isn't coming and just build the rest of the team. If Raweed signs, great.
TMS
USA
5/12/2004  2:33 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

He has a lot of offensive moves. Erik Dampier is lazy. I don't think he's worth trading those guys. I think Dampier is a guy you go after once the power forward position is taken care of.

Jaimison was great in Golden State. He is a very confident scorer. He was forced to play a role in Dallas which was stupid. Frank, Mutombo, and KT would definately bring Dallas some defense.

Both guys are definately on the radar.....but other teams are thinking the same way. I trust Isiah can get someone but I just don't think Dampier is worth the trouble until we get that 4.

there's always the MLE to use as well to maybe lure someone like a Mehmet Okur (if DET ends up investing their money in signing Sheed to an extension) or maybe a Stromile Swift...i would like to see Sweetney get more minutes at PF as well next year...& i think Dampier is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs...they were destroyed on easy penetration & baskets in the paint all year long whenever Mutombo was not in the game, & we all know Deke is not part of Isiah's plans going forward...this team needs a more physical & defensive presence in the paint than Nazr Mohammed...& KT is becoming more & more of a perimeter player lately...they need a guy who can rebound, block shots & defend bigger & more physical C's around the league...Dampier fits the bill perfectly.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2004  2:56 PM
He certainly does.. and you can never tell the market. Plan B is Mark Blount. I think if you get either you can kiss Nazr goodbye for a draft pick or part of another trade. He would certanly get stuck behind Dampier or Blount killing his value.

Dampier's one great (contract) year after 6 mediocre ones is a little scary but I think part of that was playing in a losing situation. He's certainly a perfect fit with Marbury and TT.

If Houston is limited I still like the idea of Frank playing guard as it gives us another ball handler, playmaker and a tough defender.
This looks like a nice mix of size, tougness and rebounding and a good half court team (TT and Frank have shown they can do some nice running)
g MArbury
g Frank
f Thomas
f Thomas
c Blount/Dampier
bench: Penny, Sweetney, Deke, take your pick after that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
5/12/2004  3:05 PM
i wonder if Dallas would be interested in trading Jamison for KT, Shandon & a future #1?

that would give the Knicks a nicely balanced team w/tons of athleticism & gives DAL some added defense & cap relief after the '07 season:

C - Dampier / Blount or Chris Anderson (MLE)
PF - Jamison / Sweetney
SF - T. Thomas / D. Johnson (LLE)
SG - Houston / Hardaway
PG - Marbury / Norris (if Frank is dealt in the Dampier trade)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2004  3:22 PM
I think they like KT and what he would bring but no way they take Shandon. They already have Wahad wasting on the bench and have Josh Howard and Daniels in the fold as well.

Something more realistic would probably be JAmison/Wahad for Kurt/Tim Thomas.

I think we can get a good wing player in the 2nd round. I dont care if Isiah has to make a hand shake 3 year contract offer and get a guy like Roman Sato to not work out for anyone.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/12/2004  3:40 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:
Posted by 1:

"Here is a Great Plan"

"Hope"

If "hoping" is part of Isiah's plan, we are in trouble. He needs to assume that Raweed isn't coming and just build the rest of the team. If Raweed signs, great.

If our future lies in the hands and insane in the membrane RashWeed then we are truly delusional as fans and a pathetic organization.

The knicks are becoming the home of the dysfuntional. Marbs, Vin Baker, and Rashweed? Isiah "JR" Rider? Sean Kemp? Oliver Miller?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/12/2004  5:51 PM
I still feel the Knicks gotta get that 4. Jaimison can flat out score and Dampier would be the perfect complement.....
It's gonna be tough to get both.....the Knicks would be set if they did get both.

I still feel they should make a pitch for Stephen Jackson.

Jaimison, TT, Dampier, Marbury, Stephen Jax? Pretty nasty line-up.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/12/2004  6:32 PM
I am not sold on Dampier... at all....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
5/12/2004  6:45 PM
The path to success has clearly been shown by my original post. No one can dispute that that lineup would not only be the best in the East easily, but would also be one of the favorites for a championship. Just think of this lineup:
pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed

The sixth man would be Chandler who could backup both pf and center. When he or Sweets is at pf, Jamison can move over to sf.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/12/2004  7:50 PM
It's unlikely, but I would like to see Jamison in ny. Any way, first things first. I want to see if rasheed is still up for ny this summer.
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
5/12/2004  9:29 PM
The path to success has clearly been shown by my original post. No one can dispute that that lineup would not only be the best in the East easily, but would also be one of the favorites for a championship. Just think of this lineup:
pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed
The sixth man would be Chandler who could backup both pf and center. When he or Sweets is at pf, Jamison can move over to sf.

i agree that if we had this team we would definetly go all the way, but what in the world makes u think we would be able to get these players. you are expecting to gave up kt fwill and nazr and other garbage players with expiring contract to get 3 very decent players, this might work in nba live but not in the nba. i would be extremely happy if we even end up with chandler.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2004  10:02 PM
Posted by 1:

pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed

thing is, this is Dallas East. Who defends?

New Jersey, Indiana, Detriot are still all better.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/12/2004  10:28 PM
RashWeed at center??

5/12/2004  10:43 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by 1:

pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed

thing is, this is Dallas East. Who defends?

New Jersey, Indiana, Detriot are still all better.

This is much better d than Dallas. Weed is a good defender and Chandler will one day lead the league in rebounding and could end up to be a taller similar version of ben wallace with more scoring ability.
5/12/2004  10:46 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:
pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Timmy
pf-Jamison
c-Weed

i agree that if we had this team we would definetly go all the way, but what in the world makes u think we would be able to get these players. you are expecting to gave up kt fwill and nazr and other garbage players with expiring contract to get 3 very decent players, this might work in nba live but not in the nba. i would be extremely happy if we even end up with chandler.

No al of these trades are possible. If you feel they are not adress each single trade and state why. Weed is also signed by the MLE, which will become more likely with every bad playoff game that he has. Even if the Chandler trade did not happen, it would not be that big of a deal. The major deal is for Jmaison, which gives Dallas everyhting that it wants, a good defender that doesn not need shots, a desperately needed back up point gurad, and some financial relief becuase mark Cuban is said to want to cut some payroll with the new huge contract that nash will get.
Here is a Great Plan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy