[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/12/2014  12:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
subzero0 wrote:If you had any question as to what the Knicks are missing right now. This is it.

We dont have him now. He is closer to getting a ring now than any of the Knicks are at the moment.

Houston doesnt seem to mind putting out all of that money. They had enough money for him and still even after that, they signed max money to some major superstars. Now they are a SERIOUS contender for a championship. Which is what I thought this whole thing was all about.

Lin, poison pill or not could have helped us. But, hey, atleast Dolan saved a few million right?

Dolan decided to let Lin walk because of pride, not money....keep that in mind. Dolan is known for over paying players.

I hope with Phil coming here, thats the last time we make personal moves based not on intelligence or ability but rather loyalty to Dolan. I hope we have a new culture in this org.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/12/2014  12:55 PM
8 page thread for a guy that had 8 points last night
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
machomet25
Member: #3923

3/12/2014  1:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:8 page thread for a guy that had 8 points last night

The thread would be 3 pages if we didn't have Marcala accusing posters of being Asian or Gay and continually stating that Lin is a "BPG - Backup Point Guard. Say it with me now - BPG, BPG" and "Lin is a backup point guard and nothing more." Pretty much all the other posts in this thread are reasonable arguments/discussion.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/12/2014  1:13 PM

You are right. Stupid thread. Let me go make another breaking news/official Phil Jackon thread

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/12/2014  1:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

You are right. Stupid thread. Let me go make another breaking news/official Phil Jackon thread

haha - funny.

How about a poll if Melo deserved player of the week and how that will buy us some playoff wins.

Or a poll that gauges from 1-10 how good of a backup Herb Williams is.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/12/2014  1:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

haha - funny.

How about a poll if Melo deserved player of the week and how that will buy us some playoff wins.

I'd prefer another Mike Woodson death watch poll/how stupid is he, really? thread.

mreinman

3/12/2014  4:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

haha - funny.

I'd prefer another Mike Woodson death watch poll/how stupid is he, really? thread.

I'm down for that as well. What scoring system shall be used?

Stevo718
Member: #559
3/12/2014  5:53 PM
Marcala12 wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:The bottom line is that at worst Lin is an inconsistent player. But in general he's an above average PG. Since leaving the Knicks he has improved on pretty much every facet of his game.

He's on a team that's terrible for him fit wise since Harden does what he does but better, but he's adjusted well and not complained publicly once.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won 6th man if the Rockets keep playing at this level of basketball. It's very impressive.

Edit: And what's up with the comments above from Marcala?? Is race/sexuality prodding allowed on this board?

let's be human. Nothing i said would be taken offensively by anyone unless they were looking for material to take offensively. Being gay, being Asian = wonderful. no problem with any of that. I just don't see a reason why anyone would keep talking about Lin on a knicks board every time he has a good game unless they were Asian or gay for Lin. Seriously, that's the only way it would make sense to me. People root for their own kind, pretty sure the Olympics is an example of that. And people root for those they're infatuated with. There's nothing wrong with doing that and there is nothing wrong with being any race or sexual orientation, obviously. But to me, it is not a stretch to think that those distinguishable characteristics could impact whether or not someone would be so defensive about Lin on this board. Why is there anything wrong with making the observation that Asian Knicks fans are more likely to follow Lin's career outside of NY closely than Non-Asian fans would? We all know that's true, so what is wrong with saying it?

I hope you realize how ridiculous it is to keep making Lin threads, and to only make them when he has a good game. The guy is shooting 30% in the last 10 games; nobody made a thread about that. But he hit a game winner and bam, there's a multiple page thread. That kind of pheonomen merits a little analysis on why it keeps happening like this. I gave you my analysis, i don't see how you can argue with me about whether Asian knicks fans are more likely to root for lin, and i find it insane that you'd try to make that statement out to be racist in any way. To find racism or bigotry in my statement, shows the type of race baiting and over the top political correctness that most people don't want anywhere near this board. We certainly dealt with in the MArcus Smart thread; when people had the "even if he didn't say anything racist, he's still a racist" attitude about the fan.

Some people root for Lin extra hard because they're Asian, maybe a few do because they have a crush on him. IF you're a knicks fan and you follow Lin obsessively, and you don't fall into either of those categories, God bless you. But would you mind explaining to me why you feel the need to post about Lin on this board only when he has a good game, and never after he has a bad week or month?

I'm half asian and I was rooting for Lin BECAUSE he was ASIAN so ****en what? And it did help that we went on a winning streak and he put up more points in how many games then only a handful of NBA players did in their rookie years... Shaq, Kobe, etc... i still think he does a lot of things you can't quantify and gotta respect that.

"Being gay, begin asian= wonderful." Dude really? What's wrong with George Takei? I know your type bro... your one of those guys that love making the ching-chong jokes and gay remarks... but dude THATS OKAY! This is America and you can hate on anyone you want... I firmly believe that you should be able to hate on anyone as long as you don't hurt them.

Nope, my wife's Asian. And i love Takei, I'm a Howard fan. There you go proving my point that...Asian Knick fans are more likely to follow Lin closely these days than non-Asian Knicks fans. And there you go trying to find racism where none exists.

Your wifes asian? What type of asian is she? Indian? Pakistani? Filipino? And what are you Marcala? Latino?

Is Lin's race the ONLY reason i follow him? Absolutely not. I still follow Ariza and some other ex-Knicks, but what i hate is haters who judge you by the color of your skin. Just like back in the day if your were asian you would get picked last for basketball, or people would sit next to you in class to cheat on exams lol!!! Or if you have a "black name" on your resume your 30% less likely to get an interview than a having a "white name".

And btw if YOU KNOW that asians are gonna love on Lin because hes asian, why dont you just let them be and stop hating! You dont think latinos were loving on Roberto Clemente back in the day? You know how many times I have seen the Dominican flag at a Yankees game? At Shea stadium i watched two Japanese guys who slept for the whole game against the Mariners, only to wake up when Ichiro came up to bat. Do you hate on black people who love Obama?

rammagen
Member: #5756

3/12/2014  7:24 PM
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:The bottom line is that at worst Lin is an inconsistent player. But in general he's an above average PG. Since leaving the Knicks he has improved on pretty much every facet of his game.

He's on a team that's terrible for him fit wise since Harden does what he does but better, but he's adjusted well and not complained publicly once.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won 6th man if the Rockets keep playing at this level of basketball. It's very impressive.

Edit: And what's up with the comments above from Marcala?? Is race/sexuality prodding allowed on this board?

let's be human. Nothing i said would be taken offensively by anyone unless they were looking for material to take offensively. Being gay, being Asian = wonderful. no problem with any of that. I just don't see a reason why anyone would keep talking about Lin on a knicks board every time he has a good game unless they were Asian or gay for Lin. Seriously, that's the only way it would make sense to me. People root for their own kind, pretty sure the Olympics is an example of that. And people root for those they're infatuated with. There's nothing wrong with doing that and there is nothing wrong with being any race or sexual orientation, obviously. But to me, it is not a stretch to think that those distinguishable characteristics could impact whether or not someone would be so defensive about Lin on this board. Why is there anything wrong with making the observation that Asian Knicks fans are more likely to follow Lin's career outside of NY closely than Non-Asian fans would? We all know that's true, so what is wrong with saying it?

I hope you realize how ridiculous it is to keep making Lin threads, and to only make them when he has a good game. The guy is shooting 30% in the last 10 games; nobody made a thread about that. But he hit a game winner and bam, there's a multiple page thread. That kind of pheonomen merits a little analysis on why it keeps happening like this. I gave you my analysis, i don't see how you can argue with me about whether Asian knicks fans are more likely to root for lin, and i find it insane that you'd try to make that statement out to be racist in any way. To find racism or bigotry in my statement, shows the type of race baiting and over the top political correctness that most people don't want anywhere near this board. We certainly dealt with in the MArcus Smart thread; when people had the "even if he didn't say anything racist, he's still a racist" attitude about the fan.

Some people root for Lin extra hard because they're Asian, maybe a few do because they have a crush on him. IF you're a knicks fan and you follow Lin obsessively, and you don't fall into either of those categories, God bless you. But would you mind explaining to me why you feel the need to post about Lin on this board only when he has a good game, and never after he has a bad week or month?

I'm half asian and I was rooting for Lin BECAUSE he was ASIAN so ****en what? And it did help that we went on a winning streak and he put up more points in how many games then only a handful of NBA players did in their rookie years... Shaq, Kobe, etc... i still think he does a lot of things you can't quantify and gotta respect that.

"Being gay, begin asian= wonderful." Dude really? What's wrong with George Takei? I know your type bro... your one of those guys that love making the ching-chong jokes and gay remarks... but dude THATS OKAY! This is America and you can hate on anyone you want... I firmly believe that you should be able to hate on anyone as long as you don't hurt them.

Nope, my wife's Asian. And i love Takei, I'm a Howard fan. There you go proving my point that...Asian Knick fans are more likely to follow Lin closely these days than non-Asian Knicks fans. And there you go trying to find racism where none exists.

Your wifes asian? What type of asian is she? Indian? Pakistani? Filipino? And what are you Marcala? Latino?

Is Lin's race the ONLY reason i follow him? Absolutely not. I still follow Ariza and some other ex-Knicks, but what i hate is haters who judge you by the color of your skin. Just like back in the day if your were asian you would get picked last for basketball, or people would sit next to you in class to cheat on exams lol!!! Or if you have a "black name" on your resume your 30% less likely to get an interview than a having a "white name".

And btw if YOU KNOW that asians are gonna love on Lin because hes asian, why dont you just let them be and stop hating! You dont think latinos were loving on Roberto Clemente back in the day? You know how many times I have seen the Dominican flag at a Yankees game? At Shea stadium i watched two Japanese guys who slept for the whole game against the Mariners, only to wake up when Ichiro came up to bat. Do you hate on black people who love Obama?

Nope I just dislike the fact that a player that played here for 25 games has a legion of fans that borderline troll any Knick forum at will and then try to say it is still a relevant topic for a Knick forum. As long as he plays for someone else the only time his name should be brought up is when those two teams are playing. other then that it should be on the rockets board or maybe off topic. How many wade threads are there here, or rondo two much better players that played for other teams and have played more against the Knicks then lin played for the knicks

mreinman

3/12/2014  7:27 PM
that is hillarious. If many fans are still interested in him because he was the last good thing that happened to the knicks (aside from signing Felton) then its a valid topic. People care about this deal with it. If you don't want to discuss why do you come in here?
Marcala12
Member: #3972

3/12/2014  11:27 PM
mreinman wrote:that is hillarious. If many fans are still interested in him because he was the last good thing that happened to the knicks (aside from signing Felton) then its a valid topic. People care about this deal with it. If you don't want to discuss why do you come in here?

bpg MF

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:28 PM
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:

i've said plenty that i don't have a problem with it. IT just belongs on the Houston Rockets boards, not this one.

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:31 PM
machomet25 wrote:

The thread would be 3 pages if we didn't have Marcala accusing posters of being Asian or Gay and continually stating that Lin is a "BPG - Backup Point Guard. Say it with me now - BPG, BPG" and "Lin is a backup point guard and nothing more." Pretty much all the other posts in this thread are reasonable arguments/discussion.

Nobody wanted him before we picked up, nobody wanted him when the Rockets put him on the market. take his balls out of your mouth and realize that you're talking about a backup who is going to make 15 mil, who is not on this team. keep watching all 48 minutes of Houston games for those magical 16 minutes a game Lin gets these days.

mreinman

3/12/2014  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2014  11:41 PM
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:

Nobody wanted him before we picked up, nobody wanted him when the Rockets put him on the market. take his balls out of your mouth and realize that you're talking about a backup who is going to make 15 mil, who is not on this team. keep watching all 48 minutes of Houston games for those magical 16 minutes a game Lin gets these days.

Keep bumping, buddy

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:

Marcala, answer me honestly, are you a girl?

nope, i have man parts. now i did say i was married to an Asian woman earlier in the thread so you had clues as to that, but I guess that didn't rule out the possibility of me being a lesbian.

now your turn to answer a question: how much do you think Lin will make per year in his next deal?

mreinman

3/12/2014  11:43 PM
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:

nope, i have man parts. now i did say i was married to an Asian woman earlier in the thread so you had clues as to that, but I guess that didn't rule out the possibility of me being a lesbian.

now your turn to answer a question: how much do you think Lin will make per year in his next deal?

15-18 million for 3 years.

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:48 PM
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:

so 5-6 per year. that's not impossible or crazy. i think it'll be 3-4 mil, but those amounts aren't too far off. split the difference and say 4-5...he could help some teams for that amount.

mreinman

3/12/2014  11:51 PM
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:

so 5-6 per year. that's not impossible or crazy. i think it'll be 3-4 mil, but those amounts aren't too far off. split the difference and say 4-5...he could help some teams for that amount.

PG's are a premium especially on a team that does not have a harden.

Look how much Felton got paid and he is the worst PG in the league.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/13/2014  2:14 AM
And now that Lin saved us so much money we can go and spend 15 million to get Phil to run the front office. LOL
Hidden blessing though.

Nice +/- the other night...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
mreinman

3/13/2014  2:18 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:And now that Lin saved us so much money we can go and spend 15 million to get Phil to run the front office. LOL
Hidden blessing though.

Nice +/- the other night...

it was +/- 0. What do you mean?

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy