[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
3/12/2014  2:47 AM
WOW, I've been gone for a while but the Lin love fest continues.

He's a good back up. It's not a bad thing. The kid has game and is playing in Houston. I don't know why some choose to continue to post about him especially when the kid is about to make a little under $15 million next year.

Funny thing is that I've seen posts where Melo should be paid in that $15-$18 mill range yet Lin is about to make that bank.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/12/2014  3:07 AM
CashMoney wrote:WOW, I've been gone for a while but the Lin love fest continues.

He's a good back up. It's not a bad thing. The kid has game and is playing in Houston. I don't know why some choose to continue to post about him especially when the kid is about to make a little under $15 million next year.

Funny thing is that I've seen posts where Melo should be paid in that $15-$18 mill range yet Lin is about to make that bank.

Who gives a sh1t what he makes next year, its irrelevant. To people actually care about 1.4 billion jimmy?

I am just so happy that we have Felton this year it makes it all go away.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Marcala12
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3972

3/12/2014  5:54 AM
mreinman wrote:
CashMoney wrote:WOW, I've been gone for a while but the Lin love fest continues.

Who gives a sh1t what he makes next year, its irrelevant. To people actually care about 1.4 billion jimmy?

here we go again. Same crowd that wants to get cheap with Melo is the same crowd who cries over not overpaying for Lin. Same crowd that says Melo doesn't play well enough in the playoffs pretends that Lin's playoff resume doesn't exist.

nobody wanted Lin before the knicks picked him up, nobody wants his contract now. He's an inconsistent backup PG who hasn't been on the knicks for a while. he's had some terrible stretches this season where none of you guys made threads about him. But if he has a good game, here we are with a 7 page thread, while the thread talking about us bringing in Phil Jackson officially...has 3 pages. W T F?

BPG - Backup Point Guard. Say it with me now - BPG, BPG, 7 pages for a BPG!!!

Stevo718
Member: #559
3/12/2014  6:14 AM
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:The bottom line is that at worst Lin is an inconsistent player. But in general he's an above average PG. Since leaving the Knicks he has improved on pretty much every facet of his game.

He's on a team that's terrible for him fit wise since Harden does what he does but better, but he's adjusted well and not complained publicly once.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won 6th man if the Rockets keep playing at this level of basketball. It's very impressive.

Edit: And what's up with the comments above from Marcala?? Is race/sexuality prodding allowed on this board?

let's be human. Nothing i said would be taken offensively by anyone unless they were looking for material to take offensively. Being gay, being Asian = wonderful. no problem with any of that. I just don't see a reason why anyone would keep talking about Lin on a knicks board every time he has a good game unless they were Asian or gay for Lin. Seriously, that's the only way it would make sense to me. People root for their own kind, pretty sure the Olympics is an example of that. And people root for those they're infatuated with. There's nothing wrong with doing that and there is nothing wrong with being any race or sexual orientation, obviously. But to me, it is not a stretch to think that those distinguishable characteristics could impact whether or not someone would be so defensive about Lin on this board. Why is there anything wrong with making the observation that Asian Knicks fans are more likely to follow Lin's career outside of NY closely than Non-Asian fans would? We all know that's true, so what is wrong with saying it?

I hope you realize how ridiculous it is to keep making Lin threads, and to only make them when he has a good game. The guy is shooting 30% in the last 10 games; nobody made a thread about that. But he hit a game winner and bam, there's a multiple page thread. That kind of pheonomen merits a little analysis on why it keeps happening like this. I gave you my analysis, i don't see how you can argue with me about whether Asian knicks fans are more likely to root for lin, and i find it insane that you'd try to make that statement out to be racist in any way. To find racism or bigotry in my statement, shows the type of race baiting and over the top political correctness that most people don't want anywhere near this board. We certainly dealt with in the MArcus Smart thread; when people had the "even if he didn't say anything racist, he's still a racist" attitude about the fan.

Some people root for Lin extra hard because they're Asian, maybe a few do because they have a crush on him. IF you're a knicks fan and you follow Lin obsessively, and you don't fall into either of those categories, God bless you. But would you mind explaining to me why you feel the need to post about Lin on this board only when he has a good game, and never after he has a bad week or month?

I'm half asian and I was rooting for Lin BECAUSE he was ASIAN so ****en what? And it did help that we went on a winning streak and he put up more points in how many games then only a handful of NBA players did in their rookie years... Shaq, Kobe, etc... i still think he does a lot of things you can't quantify and gotta respect that.

"Being gay, begin asian= wonderful." Dude really? What's wrong with George Takei? I know your type bro... your one of those guys that love making the ching-chong jokes and gay remarks... but dude THATS OKAY! This is America and you can hate on anyone you want... I firmly believe that you should be able to hate on anyone as long as you don't hurt them.

Syniko
Member: #3969

3/12/2014  7:06 AM
machomet25 wrote:

Jeremy Lin is NEW YORK KNICKS all the way. What the hell is he doing in Houston? To this day, Jeremy Lin looks very silly in a Houston Rockets jersey.

You have no heart and soul if you hated Jeremy Lin during Linsanity. People who weren't fans of New York Knicks were tuning in to watch Knicks games and they were cheering him and the team on.

At that moment in time, everybody was talking about the NY Knicks and if Lin had continued his Linsanity all the way to the Finals, everybody on the planet would have cheered for New York.

Jeremy Lin needs to come back to New York.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/12/2014  7:09 AM
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

here we go again. Same crowd that wants to get cheap with Melo is the same crowd who cries over not overpaying for Lin. Same crowd that says Melo doesn't play well enough in the playoffs pretends that Lin's playoff resume doesn't exist.

nobody wanted Lin before the knicks picked him up, nobody wants his contract now. He's an inconsistent backup PG who hasn't been on the knicks for a while. he's had some terrible stretches this season where none of you guys made threads about him. But if he has a good game, here we are with a 7 page thread, while the thread talking about us bringing in Phil Jackson officially...has 3 pages. W T F?

What do you mean same crowd? There's only 2 people I know who wants to pay Melo under $13mil

And it's an irrelevant point because signing like for 3yrs $24mil would have had absolutely no effect on our cap. We we already capped out til 2015. Hence the reason we traded 2picks for Barganani's $15mil

Syniko
Member: #3969

3/12/2014  7:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2014  7:36 AM
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:mreinman - are you Asian? all jokes aside, please answer that question.

are you polish?

are you ashamed or something? why can't you proudly tell me that you're an Asian man? Is it because it would make your bias obvious? Jeremy has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, the Rockets put him on the market and nobody wanted him. What he's done in the last two playoffs is a total embarrassment. He's a very inconsistent backup point guard. So for someone to make a serious case that one of the best teams in the league should focus more on using the scrub than placating HArden...i mean that goes beyond the bias of being a fan. And that's why I guessed that you were Asian, and that's why I was right.

Marcala12 is a racist piece of s.....hit who doesn't understand the game of basketball. What does J.Lin's contract have anything to do with you as a fan of baskstball? seriously. I don't care what kind of salary a player makes. You sound like a jealous moron and obviously not a fan of the NBA to begin with. Go watch Orange County Housewives instead or just stick or reality TV on MTV or just continue to pay attention to TMZ.com.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/12/2014  8:27 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

What do you mean same crowd? There's only 2 people I know who wants to pay Melo under $13mil

And it's an irrelevant point because signing like for 3yrs $24mil would have had absolutely no effect on our cap. We we already capped out til 2015. Hence the reason we traded 2picks for Barganani's $15mil

Actually two want to pay Melo less than 13 mil a year and another wants to pay 13 mil to have him play in another solar system.

The legacy of Linsanity. Each good game the kid has will spawn another thread.

Can't wait for the "When should #17 be retired to the rafters?#

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/12/2014  8:49 AM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Actually two want to pay Melo less than 13 mil a year and another wants to pay 13 mil to have him play in another solar system.

The legacy of Linsanity. Each good game the kid has will spawn another thread.

Can't wait for the "When should #17 be retired to the rafters?#

No intelligent poster has said anything like that. It was a bad decision to let him go though. I said that from start to now. With that said, I am kind of glad, for his sake, that he did go though. His first year with the Rockets was pretty average and he is still developing. I don't think a lot of impatient Knicks fans, media and higher ups would have tolerated that after experiencing Linsanity.

Target him in Summer of 2015 and things will be all good in the hood. Not that he would want to actually come to this mess compared to the nice ass team he's on.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
subzero0
Member: #410
3/12/2014  9:03 AM
machomet25 wrote:

Takes a big man to admit his mistakes. My respect for Steven A Smith increased because of this.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/12/2014  9:06 AM
SAS led the parade to drive Lin out of town. He will never have my respect
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/12/2014  9:11 AM
This is one of those topics that gets people's emotions stirred up, to say the least.

We can argue how good Lin really is, how much money he is worth and whether or not he can go left, defend or be a starting PG. Depending on what side you are on, you will argue your side and cherry pick evidence to support it.

The one thing that people on both sides must agree on is this.

For 2 solid weeks, Lin took over a team, a league and a city with his style of play. It was the best two weeks of NY basketball since the finals in 1999.

No one can take that away from him. No one.

I am in the Pro-Lin camp. I think he was the right fit and still could be. He has lost some confidence in Houston. Will he be overpaid next year? Yes. He like many others in the NBA got too big of a deal. I don't blame the player. Any of us, would do the same thing and sign for the biggest pay day. After all he was a un-drafted rookie free agent, he never dreamed of such financial windfalls. Houston overpaid and for once, Dolan didn't. Some of you said that Dolan made the right call, the problem is that he then overpaid for Felton and Jr Smith and Bargnani, so really that's a moot point.

Lin is valuable to NY and he would be better than Felton, Prigioni and Murry for this team, IMO.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/12/2014  9:21 AM
I'm not Asian. ...And I have much love for Lin. But his agent was trying to get Lin paid. Think about all the revenue Lin created for Dolan while Lin was making the lowest nba salary. So I understand why him and his agent created this poison pill contract. Dolan decided to let Lin walk because of pride, not money....keep that in mind. Dolan is known for over paying players.

I think Lin has starter potential on a team that doesn't have a star that dominates the ball. For example....Lin and Amari would've been nice together. But with Melo on the team, Lin is better off in a backup role. And I don't think its too crazy to have these long Lin threads. It just shows you the impact of LINSANITY. It's funny to say this but Lin will probably go down as one of the most impactful players in knick history. This is coming from someone who thinks Lin is overrated as a PG. But I think he's one of the best tweeners the knicks had since John Starks. He's not a PG and he's not a SG. He's a guard that can shoot, penetrate and pass....but can't guard either position 1 on 1. Then someone can argue and say who can? I was first against all the Lin talk....now I changed my mind....keep LINSANITY alive. It reminds us how great his impact was...In a very..very short time frame. Something we all will tell our kids and grandkids someday.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
subzero0
3/12/2014  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2014  9:23 AM
If you had any question as to what the Knicks are missing right now. This is it.

We dont have him now. He is closer to getting a ring now than any of the Knicks are at the moment.

Houston doesnt seem to mind putting out all of that money. They had enough money for him and still even after that, they signed max money to some major superstars. Now they are a SERIOUS contender for a championship. Which is what I thought this whole thing was all about.

Lin, poison pill or not could have helped us. But, hey, atleast Dolan saved a few million right?

blkexec
Member: #748
3/12/2014  9:25 AM
subzero0 wrote:If you had any question as to what the Knicks are missing right now. This is it.

We dont have him now. He is closer to getting a ring now than any of the Knicks are at the moment.

Houston doesnt seem to mind putting out all of that money. They had enough money for him and still even after that, they signed max money to some major superstars. Now they are a SERIOUS contender for a championship. Which is what I thought this whole thing was all about.

Lin, poison pill or not could have helped us. But, hey, atleast Dolan saved a few million right?

Dolan decided to let Lin walk because of pride, not money....keep that in mind. Dolan is known for over paying players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
subzero0
3/12/2014  9:27 AM
blkexec wrote:
subzero0 wrote:If you had any question as to what the Knicks are missing right now. This is it.

Dolan decided to let Lin walk because of pride, not money....keep that in mind. Dolan is known for over paying players.

+1

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:42 AM
Stevo718 wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
machomet25 wrote:The bottom line is that at worst Lin is an inconsistent player. But in general he's an above average PG. Since leaving the Knicks he has improved on pretty much every facet of his game.

He's on a team that's terrible for him fit wise since Harden does what he does but better, but he's adjusted well and not complained publicly once.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won 6th man if the Rockets keep playing at this level of basketball. It's very impressive.

Edit: And what's up with the comments above from Marcala?? Is race/sexuality prodding allowed on this board?

let's be human. Nothing i said would be taken offensively by anyone unless they were looking for material to take offensively. Being gay, being Asian = wonderful. no problem with any of that. I just don't see a reason why anyone would keep talking about Lin on a knicks board every time he has a good game unless they were Asian or gay for Lin. Seriously, that's the only way it would make sense to me. People root for their own kind, pretty sure the Olympics is an example of that. And people root for those they're infatuated with. There's nothing wrong with doing that and there is nothing wrong with being any race or sexual orientation, obviously. But to me, it is not a stretch to think that those distinguishable characteristics could impact whether or not someone would be so defensive about Lin on this board. Why is there anything wrong with making the observation that Asian Knicks fans are more likely to follow Lin's career outside of NY closely than Non-Asian fans would? We all know that's true, so what is wrong with saying it?

I hope you realize how ridiculous it is to keep making Lin threads, and to only make them when he has a good game. The guy is shooting 30% in the last 10 games; nobody made a thread about that. But he hit a game winner and bam, there's a multiple page thread. That kind of pheonomen merits a little analysis on why it keeps happening like this. I gave you my analysis, i don't see how you can argue with me about whether Asian knicks fans are more likely to root for lin, and i find it insane that you'd try to make that statement out to be racist in any way. To find racism or bigotry in my statement, shows the type of race baiting and over the top political correctness that most people don't want anywhere near this board. We certainly dealt with in the MArcus Smart thread; when people had the "even if he didn't say anything racist, he's still a racist" attitude about the fan.

Some people root for Lin extra hard because they're Asian, maybe a few do because they have a crush on him. IF you're a knicks fan and you follow Lin obsessively, and you don't fall into either of those categories, God bless you. But would you mind explaining to me why you feel the need to post about Lin on this board only when he has a good game, and never after he has a bad week or month?

I'm half asian and I was rooting for Lin BECAUSE he was ASIAN so ****en what? And it did help that we went on a winning streak and he put up more points in how many games then only a handful of NBA players did in their rookie years... Shaq, Kobe, etc... i still think he does a lot of things you can't quantify and gotta respect that.

"Being gay, begin asian= wonderful." Dude really? What's wrong with George Takei? I know your type bro... your one of those guys that love making the ching-chong jokes and gay remarks... but dude THATS OKAY! This is America and you can hate on anyone you want... I firmly believe that you should be able to hate on anyone as long as you don't hurt them.

Nope, my wife's Asian. And i love Takei, I'm a Howard fan. There you go proving my point that...Asian Knick fans are more likely to follow Lin closely these days than non-Asian Knicks fans. And there you go trying to find racism where none exists.

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:47 AM
Syniko wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:mreinman - are you Asian? all jokes aside, please answer that question.

are you polish?

are you ashamed or something? why can't you proudly tell me that you're an Asian man? Is it because it would make your bias obvious? Jeremy has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, the Rockets put him on the market and nobody wanted him. What he's done in the last two playoffs is a total embarrassment. He's a very inconsistent backup point guard. So for someone to make a serious case that one of the best teams in the league should focus more on using the scrub than placating HArden...i mean that goes beyond the bias of being a fan. And that's why I guessed that you were Asian, and that's why I was right.

Marcala12 is a racist piece of s.....hit who doesn't understand the game of basketball. What does J.Lin's contract have anything to do with you as a fan of baskstball? seriously. I don't care what kind of salary a player makes. You sound like a jealous moron and obviously not a fan of the NBA to begin with. Go watch Orange County Housewives instead or just stick or reality TV on MTV or just continue to pay attention to TMZ.com.

;

nope, you're a race baiter. You're not going to get far in life crying racism every chance you get. WHo cares about contracts???? If contracts didn't mean anything, this board would have very few threads open. They mean everything.

Lin is a backup point guard and nothing more.

Asian Knicks fans are more likely to follow Lin closely in Houston than non-Asian Knicks fans. That's my point, it's accurate, and it's clearly not a racist position.

Marcala12

3/12/2014  11:54 AM
and for the record, i like Lin a lot. I rooted hard for him when he was on the team and I really enjoyed the Linsanity days. I wish the kid well, who doesn't? But why oh why do people insist on having threads like this about him on this board after a good game? It would be one thing if he turned into Chris Paul or if he had a cheap contract and we let him go for nothing. But he went for a lot more than anyone currently wants to pay him and he's a backup...so bringing him up in an effort to throw on a wound...it makes no sense.

Everyone on the board wishes him well; if you want to talk about Lin when he has one of his rare good games, do it on the Houston boards, that's the team he plays for.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/12/2014  12:37 PM
Marcala12 wrote:and for the record, i like Lin a lot. I rooted hard for him when he was on the team and I really enjoyed the Linsanity days. I wish the kid well, who doesn't? But why oh why do people insist on having threads like this about him on this board after a good game? It would be one thing if he turned into Chris Paul or if he had a cheap contract and we let him go for nothing. But he went for a lot more than anyone currently wants to pay him and he's a backup...so bringing him up in an effort to throw on a wound...it makes no sense.

Everyone on the board wishes him well; if you want to talk about Lin when he has one of his rare good games, do it on the Houston boards, that's the team he plays for.

You really need to follow Andrews advice.

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy