[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  6:55 PM
Papabear wrote:
mreinman wrote:Crush, do you really not think that MSG has inside posters here?

If not, then what kind of covert operation is this? No plants? Spies? No spy organization is that incompetent.

Papabear Says

Ha Ha sooo you finally caught up with me. I better let Dolan know that my cover has been blown.
How did you know? I bet TKF had something to do with it. He blew my cover.

TKF is really George Karl

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
rammagen
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5756

3/11/2014  7:10 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
rammagen wrote:
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle

Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here

OK. Let me just chime in on this about Houston. Houston is not paying Lin $15M a year. His contract has an $8M+ cap hit per year. Lin was not their first choice. They wanted Dragic back but he went to PHX instead. Because of this, Morey needed to upgrade his PG spot and working the rules by positiong the Knicks to eat a poison pill contract which we did not match even though Woody said anything over a billion dollars.

Houston does not think Lin is a backup. Lin right does not fit with Harden. Beverley is the perfect fit for both Harden and Lin. He is a tenacious defensive player that is a spot up 3 pt shooter.

The injuries that you mentioned. Yeah, he is a little injury prone but have you seen his injuries? They are not your garden variety injuries. The injury he got during Linsanity was vicious. If you can come back from that injury in the amount given to him then more power to you. Here is the clip if you forgot or did not see it.

The injury he got last year from OKC that knocked him off the playoffs is another vicious one.

then let me stress this then Houston wanted to move him because he is making less? That alone makes any point you make moot and irrelevant.
Regardless how every morey views him does he start nope, so he is the 6th or 7th player these are facts while you are assuming in your basis. Again fan boy with rose colored glasses
rammagen

3/11/2014  7:14 PM
fishmike wrote:I have watched this thread grow w/o even looking thinking "another Lin thread?????"

I once thought Lin/Shump would be a great future backcourt. Lin is the creative scorer and playmaker and Shump the defender.

Simple questions:
If Lin were here today would he be the best guard on the roster? YES
If Lin were starting instead of Felton or Prigs or both would we have gotten off to a better start? YES

Lin is injury prone because he throws his body around too much. He's got to learn to improve that. We missed a good player... bottom line. Is $15mm too much for one year? I will tell you this.. I would rather pay Lin $15mm next year than Tyson. Hows that?

simple answers would lin be the best guard: nope sorry to burst your bubble he would be no better then feltonman he is not starting in houston and the only reason he would have gotten the node here would be because he would the only pg on the team Fleton would not be here and
more then likely prigs as well
rammagen

3/11/2014  7:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

Lin will always have a place in many of our hearts. We will root for him through his ups and downs and that has nothing to do with Melo.

I was in the game thread pretty much by myself yesterday, where were all these knick fans so ecstatic about our player of the week?

I guess it takes a real fan to root for a sh1tty team.

I like Lin and Melo does that make me a tranny?

It was a fun forty nine days and 25 games but a lot happened before and a lot has happened since for most people that root for the knicks. Really surprised at how much emotions are stirred when his name is mentioned for some. Again, a Knick won an award from the league yesterday and a guy that was here for a short time, left for money and had his first good game in awhile has a 5 page thread about it. Just don't get it.

well I do get it. We have a dumb fukking pg who nauseates the fan base while we let go of a pg who revitalized the fan base.

Now, any praise for him seems to be a dig at Melo since people blame him for the Lin fiasco.

Many people can looks passed the silly pride and realized how Lin could have helped this team. Probably would have done better here than in Houston. Yes ... cap hit (like we should care) ... didn't play in the playoffs (which really pissed me off but I get it) ... only asians like him ...

But just like every other asinine move we made and people will support it as gospel, people will support this one.

Nobody cares if Melo wins player of the week, month, year. If the team wins games we should celebrate. If they lose and our out of the playoffs, we should be pissed. We will/should be pissed.

Can the knicks use Lin now? Of course not, we have Ray Ray for much cheaper!

I really we could have found a way to get Dragic. Boy am I sad when I watch him play.

I sometimes wonder who on this site (and there are definitely some here) who are actual plants for the Mecca super owners.

at this point lin and his fans make me sick if you guys want to write about him go to the rockets board.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/11/2014  7:33 PM
mreinman wrote:Crush, do you really not think that MSG has inside posters here?

If not, then what kind of covert operation is this? No plants? Spies? No spy organization is that incompetent.

No. I do think there maybe a beat writer or two that gets stories from here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2014  7:35 PM
What the heck is going on with these new posters? A lot of personal attacks if someone disagrees with their point of view. Might actually start using the ignore feature.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/11/2014  8:03 PM
rammagen wrote:at this point lin and his fans make me sick if you guys want to write about him go to the rockets board.

If you bothers you that much try avoiding any threads that are about Lin. Its not that hard.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

3/11/2014  8:10 PM
Just like Van Gundy's Civic, once a Knick always a Knick,

Lin gave us the best memories of this team in my lifetime

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2014  8:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2014  9:26 PM
NYKBocker wrote:What the heck is going on with these new posters? A lot of personal attacks if someone disagrees with their point of view. Might actually start using the ignore feature.

Haha they're new. They'll come around

Amen Andrew! It's not that hard to just ignore but you can't help it.

Lin is a touchy subject because there will always be those who will never forget Linsanity and those who want to forget but every time Linsanity returns it unlocks those deep rooted feelings which lead to feelings of sadness

Linsanity was awesome. I don't think I will ever experience something as awesome in sports again

Anyway back to the Rangers game. Not as depressing

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

3/11/2014  9:01 PM
Linsanity was probably the last time I sat down and watched a Knicks game like I meant it,

what a great time to be alive. Honestly, we haven't mattered since.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
rammagen

3/11/2014  9:25 PM
Andrew wrote:
rammagen wrote:at this point lin and his fans make me sick if you guys want to write about him go to the rockets board.

If you bothers you that much try avoiding any threads that are about Lin. Its not that hard.

the point is it keeps coming up and up and up and up and for a player that does not play here and is not ever a top 15 player...It is the same respect both ways why keep posting about player that is not here and pushing other threads down that may be of more interest for a Knick fan

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2014  9:27 PM
I'd say 6 pages. Which will become 15 pages in a few days is pretty interesting!
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
3/11/2014  10:13 PM
Watching Lin in the OKC v. Houston game right now. I know, I know, I've said this before but . . . Lin's a crafty guard and I'm still surprised that McHale (and/or Harden) hasn't figured out how to make better use of his skills. His defensive skills are little less honed than Beverley's but he's arguably a better team defender and he's clearly better than Beverley on the offensive end. Nope, his skills don't mesh well with Harden's (and Harden is a significantly better player than Lin overall, doh) but Lin's court sense and his ability to be mentally a half-step ahead of everyone else (not to mention that he's scored over Durant a few times) makes me hope he gets to run a team when he leaves Houston.

Yeah, okay, it's weird to still be talking about a player who left years ago but . . .

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
3/11/2014  10:23 PM
Maybe we'll eventually get bored of Lin . . . and someone can post a Lavor Postell update, surely he's up to something.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/11/2014  10:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
rammagen wrote:
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle

Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here

OK. Let me just chime in on this about Houston. Houston is not paying Lin $15M a year. His contract has an $8M+ cap hit per year. Lin was not their first choice. They wanted Dragic back but he went to PHX instead. Because of this, Morey needed to upgrade his PG spot and working the rules by positiong the Knicks to eat a poison pill contract which we did not match even though Woody said anything over a billion dollars.

Houston does not think Lin is a backup. Lin right does not fit with Harden. Beverley is the perfect fit for both Harden and Lin. He is a tenacious defensive player that is a spot up 3 pt shooter.

The injuries that you mentioned. Yeah, he is a little injury prone but have you seen his injuries? They are not your garden variety injuries. The injury he got during Linsanity was vicious. If you can come back from that injury in the amount given to him then more power to you. Here is the clip if you forgot or did not see it.

The injury he got last year from OKC that knocked him off the playoffs is another vicious one.

If Houston didn't think Lin was a back-up, then he would be starting, its that simple. Stop making excuses for Lin. He's a nice player, a starter on middle of the pack and bad teams, a bench player on really good teams.

By using your same logic, Westbrook should be coming off the bench as well since Reggie Jackson is a much better fit next to Durant....But Westbrook ain't coming off the bench because OKC doesn't look at Westbrook as a back up....

Papabear
Member: #1414

3/11/2014  10:34 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Just like Van Gundy's Civic, once a Knick always a Knick,

Lin gave us the best memories of this team in my lifetime

Papabear Says

How long have you been a Knicks fan??

Papabear
Papabear
Member: #1414

3/11/2014  10:39 PM
rammagen wrote:
Andrew wrote:

the point is it keeps coming up and up and up and up and for a player that does not play here and is not ever a top 15 player...It is the same respect both ways why keep posting about player that is not here and pushing other threads down that may be of more interest for a Knick fan

Papabear Says

I agree. I just can't wait to see what Lin's next contract will be for. Maybe 3 million per year?

Papabear
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/11/2014  10:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

He had 8 tonight. Not a factor in the first half but had some good minutes in the second half. Team lost. Imagine if he gets a player of the week award.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
machomet25
Member: #3923

3/12/2014  12:16 AM
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/12/2014  12:31 AM
machomet25 wrote:

Thats funny. SAS must be asian though he does not really look asian.

Anyway, Melo just won POW honors, why is SAS talking about Lin and the knicks?

Oh right! Because Felton SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy