[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
TeamBall
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

3/10/2014  11:58 AM
mreinman wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

You obviously did not got that much about Lin.

It was the most exciting time for knicks in 20 years.

He inspired the fan base. He gave us hope. Magic ...

He played nice not ugly basketball.

Who should we look at on the current team that would excite the fan base for the right reasons?


I don't get what? I don't think there was a knick fan on this earth that didn't enjoy those games. I loved every second of it and watched every rerun multiple times. However, he's not here anymore; and what's the fun in talking about a player when you have to wait for him to have good game before you do so?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Posts: 30512
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
3/10/2014  12:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

You obviously did not got that much about Lin.

It was the most exciting time for knicks in 20 years.

He inspired the fan base. He gave us hope. Magic ...

He played nice not ugly basketball.

Who should we look at on the current team that would excite the fan base for the right reasons?

How about anyone who shows up for the playoffs not wearing a suit?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  12:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

You obviously did not got that much about Lin.

It was the most exciting time for knicks in 20 years.

He inspired the fan base. He gave us hope. Magic ...

He played nice not ugly basketball.

Who should we look at on the current team that would excite the fan base for the right reasons?

How about anyone who shows up for the playoffs not wearing a suit?

yeah - that sucked.

But I am not sure that we got the whole story. Also, he may have been protecting his one and only contract that he would get and it worked.

He also looked awful against miami in the regular season.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Posts: 30512
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
3/10/2014  12:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

You obviously did not got that much about Lin.

It was the most exciting time for knicks in 20 years.

He inspired the fan base. He gave us hope. Magic ...

He played nice not ugly basketball.

Who should we look at on the current team that would excite the fan base for the right reasons?

How about anyone who shows up for the playoffs not wearing a suit?

yeah - that sucked.

But I am not sure that we got the whole story. Also, he may have been protecting his one and only contract that he would get and it worked.

He also looked awful against miami in the regular season.

Look, I dug linsanity almost as much as any of the jersey wavers in this thread. I thought it suhucked major donkey kong when he went to Houston. Yes, our owner is a troll. I had visions of the next Clyde. Business is business. I'm actually glad he got paid and then promptly suhucked. Win-Win for all concerned IMHO.

But it was a total of a fantastic two or three weeks, nothing more. And I can't forget the whole "80% of 95% of the square root of 97% necessary to play". Sort of like Lebron and flopping. Well, obviously maybe not that bad, but you get my meaning.

And not to feed the animals, but he did look great against the Lakers. Kobe's line after those 38 points will always be unforgettable.

My advice to everyone: he's gone. Lassie is not coming home. Let it go.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  1:15 PM
thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  2:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

HE IS playing for a contender in Houston.. NY is in the lottery as we speak.. not a bad decision for lin, money and a winning team.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  2:28 PM
blkexec wrote:
RonRon wrote:Lin is able to make others around him better, with his ability to penetrate/finish, facilitate, pushing the tempo, and hit clutch baskets
Had we kept Lin, I believe we would have been in the play offs this year by default, possibly even beating out Toronto to win the Atlantic division

Lin has sacrificed his game in Houston but he has a huge impact in terms of Houston playing a better TEAM game, not just forcing the issue with Harden leading the way

Too bad he has a dumb agent that tried to show up Dolan with that poison pill. Otherwise he would've been added to the long list of over paid knickerbokers. I'm not sure him and melo would've been productive together during that time. But with the current mature melo, I think it doesn't mater.

how is that dumb? knicks never offered him a deal.. that was dumb.. his agent got him a good deal on a team that is now contending.. not the kings, cavs or sixers, but the rockets.. his agent hit a homer..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  2:29 PM
mreinman wrote:Make every joke/comment that you want about Lin but that was the epitome of the ineptness of this dumb franchise.

He lit up the fan base and he's gone. Very sad.

+100

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rookie
Posts: 23502
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

3/10/2014  2:32 PM
mreinman wrote:Make every joke/comment that you want about Lin but that was the epitome of the ineptness of this dumb franchise.

He lit up the fan base and he's gone. Very sad.

Why not blame Houston for that dumb ass poison pill contract. Houston has made Lin available, and yet no one will take him. His next contract will be more realistic, 3-4M (maybe) role player

tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  2:33 PM
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  2:43 PM
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  2:49 PM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

harden takes less shots and gets a lot more assists.. Not sure that is black hold territory..

Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

I am sure at some time every player does that... but harden doesn't make that a habbit... How many rockets games do you watch?


Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

funny you say that, because he and carmelo are big admirers of each other... LOL go figure..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
Posts: 30006
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
3/10/2014  2:55 PM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

harden averages 5.5 assists per game, his usage is 28.5 and his assist rate is around 25.5 for a ratio of 1.11 to 1.

dwyane wade has put up very similar numbers but harden is the better shooter.

melo is waaaay more of a black hole.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  2:56 PM
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

harden takes less shots and gets a lot more assists.. Not sure that is black hold territory..

Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

I am sure at some time every player does that... but harden doesn't make that a habbit... How many rockets games do you watch?


Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

funny you say that, because he and carmelo are big admirers of each other... LOL go figure..

Are you comparing Harden to Melo? Can we leave Melo out of this?

Harden like you said plays a lot of PG and 5.7 assists is fine but not great for how much he dominates the ball and breaks down defenses. Though better than Kobe's 4.6 for his career (puke for a ball dominating guard).

I watch a lot of rocket games because of my rooting interest in Lin. Hit a huge shot last night. I can't stand how he is misused/under utilized.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  2:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

harden averages 5.5 assists per game, his usage is 28.5 and his assist rate is around 25.5 for a ratio of 1.11 to 1.

dwyane wade has put up very similar numbers but harden is the better shooter.

melo is waaaay more of a black hole.

Wade had higher assists numbers before Lebron got there. Harden should/can be closer to 7. Do you not think he should pass more?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
3/10/2014  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2014  3:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:thats fine but he does NOT suck. He is actually a very good PG for the right team. He is not built to play with players like Harden or Melo who are very good one on one players.

a lot of traditional PG's may have a difficult time playing with harden because he at times plays like PG when he is on the floor... so I can understand that..

As far as playing with carmelo. .I guess most players have a problem playing with a black hole.. not just lin..

You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

My point is that Lin is built for a system that requires proper movement. He can be a very good PG in that type of offense.

harden takes less shots and gets a lot more assists.. Not sure that is black hold territory..

Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them.

I am sure at some time every player does that... but harden doesn't make that a habbit... How many rockets games do you watch?


Kobe was the ultimate black hole.

funny you say that, because he and carmelo are big admirers of each other... LOL go figure..

Are you comparing Harden to Melo? Can we leave Melo out of this?

Harden like you said plays a lot of PG and 5.7 assists is fine but not great for how much he dominates the ball and breaks down defenses. Though better than Kobe's 4.6 for his career (puke for a ball dominating guard).

I watch a lot of rocket games because of my rooting interest in Lin. Hit a huge shot last night. I can't stand how he is misused/under utilized.

Are you comparing Harden to Melo? Can we leave Melo out of this?

NO, YOU ARE.. Here is your post..

"You like to isolate Melo in this black hole talk but Harden is a horrible black hole. Lin and his teammates can be wide open and harden puts his head down and ignores them".

for me it is no comparison.. Harden is a better player..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  3:28 PM
I did not intend this to go down another Melo debate thread so lets try to avoid that.

Do you think that Harden passes enough? Does he ever annoy you when he misses wide open teammates? Wade before Lebron got there was the example of the right way to be a ball dominating 2 guard. Harden has a lot to learn about being a better teammate (though he is obviously immensely talented).

so here is what phil is thinking ....
earthmansurfer
Posts: 24005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/26/2005
Member: #858
Germany
3/10/2014  3:29 PM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

Who cares about a +- when you play like crap? The bigger point is Melo is not a leader on this team. Yes, he is great at what he does and it is nothing against him. Some people are leaders and other aren't leaders. We need a leader on the team though and we don't have one.

Lin is not doing much in Houston, but he was damn near great here. That is what we miss. We let go of our leader for (drum roll)... Felton. And it cost us more in the end like many here said it would.
The fans spoke and Dolan listened to Melo imo. It wasn't about a contract (from Houston, not Lins agent as some state), if Melo wanted Lin he WOULD be here and don't think any different.
Melo might be out the door and NOW the team is getting serious by looking at Phil. But it is certainly funny (not ha ha funny) that the lin "savings" may have cost us our star (and at his behest imo.)
A true implosion though I hope it doesn't happen and somehow pull this year out.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
TeamBall
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

3/10/2014  3:37 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:


11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

Who cares about a +- when you play like crap? The bigger point is Melo is not a leader on this team. Yes, he is great at what he does and it is nothing against him. Some people are leaders and other aren't leaders. We need a leader on the team though and we don't have one.

Lin is not doing much in Houston, but he was damn near great here. That is what we miss. We let go of our leader for (drum roll)... Felton. And it cost us more in the end like many here said it would.
The fans spoke and Dolan listened to Melo imo. It wasn't about a contract (from Houston, not Lins agent as some state), if Melo wanted Lin he WOULD be here and don't think any different.
Melo might be out the door and NOW the team is getting serious by looking at Phil. But it is certainly funny (not ha ha funny) that the lin "savings" may have cost us our star (and at his behest imo.)
A true implosion though I hope it doesn't happen and somehow pull this year out.


I'm talking about what Crush said in his point. This has nothing to do with "hardcore Melo fans". That part annoyed me.

I miss Lin too but if "Linsanity" is what you missed about him then you still would've been disappointed had he stayed here because he wasn't going to continue playing like that.

Never said Melo was a leader nor did I say Lin being gone was about the money.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  3:52 PM
mreinman wrote:I did not intend this to go down another Melo debate thread so lets try to avoid that.

Do you think that Harden passes enough? Does he ever annoy you when he misses wide open teammates? Wade before Lebron got there was the example of the right way to be a ball dominating 2 guard. Harden has a lot to learn about being a better teammate (though he is obviously immensely talented).

TKF/DK, once its not about Melo you guys have no interest?

I asked you both, do you not think that Harden should be passing more. Both left the conversation.

As I mentioned, I watch many Houston games and he frustrates me. I also think that he stunts Lin. TKF, you say you watch their games, does this not bother you?

If you guys don't want to just talk about Harden, thats fine - no worries.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.