[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/10/2014  3:02 AM
He was +21 today vs. Portland (and had the biggest plus of the game)
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/10/2014  4:23 AM
Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/10/2014  5:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He was down to 16 mins a game at one point, averaged 3 Assists and 3 TOs- he is irrelevant to the Rockets, but keep the fantasy alive by only posting when he has the occasional good game!

He also averaged 18 minutes a game during that 7 game stretch. He was averaging 2.85 assists per 18 minutes, or 6.33 a/g.
So, per 40 - 12pts, 6.3 assists is not terrible, not great. But we all saw what he can do in NY - key point.
He hit the dagger in OT last night btw, as we saw him do MANY times here. He is no fluke so don't break him down JUST by stats.

Anyway, when you watch Lin play you know he is smart. He would be helping this team WAY more than Felton and that is probably the OP's point.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/10/2014  6:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, I knew this would happen- strange you didn't post his stats in the game previous to this:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/10/2014  7:40 AM
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/10/2014  8:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2014  8:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

interesting that melo being +31 in the last game despite having the flu isn't discussed but if you post a thread speculating that melo somehow caused lin to leave ny it will end up 25 pages long. Nice game by lin and a big shot but he is where the money was. In ny he would get minutes in Houston he got paid

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
rammagen
Member: #5756

3/10/2014  8:25 AM
sorry left the other board over lin crap and it is here too?he has yet to play a full yr as a starter without getting hurt. I can not understand the crush these kids have on him. I wish i could to freaking Knicks board without the stupid lin fans being there.
I stand by the statement not matching was the first smart thing the Knicks did they finally did not over pay for a role player
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/10/2014  8:48 AM
rammagen wrote:sorry left the other board over lin crap and it is here too?he has yet to play a full yr as a starter without getting hurt. I can not understand the crush these kids have on him. I wish i could to freaking Knicks board without the stupid lin fans being there.
I stand by the statement not matching was the first smart thing the Knicks did they finally did not over pay for a role player

well then they way overpaid novak so its six of one and halfdozen of another.

totally agree about lin being overated by alot of knick fans, but he did play well for us. he moved onto greener pastures and got his contract, got paid more than he deserved. good for him. if he came back here, he'd instantly be our best pg without a doubt.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/10/2014  8:51 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

I think Melo is doing a great job. His one downfall if I can say that, is he can't rally what we have around him. I don't know why. Perhaps he is more a complimentary type of star than a leader - fair enough.
Since this thread is about Lin, I'll just say, Lin did that. He turned a bunch of nobodies into a team here. Interesting though, that Lin still has a lot of fans here, we don't really see that much with other ex players. I really think he has that IT factor.

But, had we had Melo AND Lin on this team, I think we would have had our leader/star and Star in Melo. Too bad management went in another direction.

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable
RonRon
Member: #246
3/10/2014  9:00 AM
Lin is able to make others around him better, with his ability to penetrate/finish, facilitate, pushing the tempo, and hit clutch baskets
Had we kept Lin, I believe we would have been in the play offs this year by default, possibly even beating out Toronto to win the Atlantic division

Lin has sacrificed his game in Houston but he has a huge impact in terms of Houston playing a better TEAM game, not just forcing the issue with Harden leading the way

blkexec
Member: #748
3/10/2014  9:18 AM
RonRon wrote:Lin is able to make others around him better, with his ability to penetrate/finish, facilitate, pushing the tempo, and hit clutch baskets
Had we kept Lin, I believe we would have been in the play offs this year by default, possibly even beating out Toronto to win the Atlantic division

Lin has sacrificed his game in Houston but he has a huge impact in terms of Houston playing a better TEAM game, not just forcing the issue with Harden leading the way

Too bad he has a dumb agent that tried to show up Dolan with that poison pill. Otherwise he would've been added to the long list of over paid knickerbokers. I'm not sure him and melo would've been productive together during that time. But with the current mature melo, I think it doesn't mater.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/10/2014  10:13 AM
RonRon wrote:Lin is able to make others around him better, with his ability to penetrate/finish, facilitate, pushing the tempo, and hit clutch baskets

And you say this because he has such a stellar playoff resume? Gets us to the playoffs, hmmmmm, I thought that was what Melo has been doing.

What has Patrick Beverly been doing lately? What about Toney D?

18 minutes a game can certainly be sliced and diced to show how Lin's changing the NBA world. If Ray Felton was putting up those stats, you'd be re-burning his effigy even more than it already is.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/10/2014  10:54 AM

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

He had those bad numbers due to him getting hurt again. Back problems due to getting hit again. He really needs to listen to Clyde Frazier about learning to fall or how to get hit. He is getting better physically again so his numbers will go up.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

3/10/2014  10:57 AM

Lin doesn't address the Knicks biggest problem. The ability to defend on the perimeter. He is one of the worst defensive PGs in the league. More importantly, not sure what leads you to believe that a bench player would make a 10+ game difference for this team.

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/10/2014  10:58 AM
jrodmc wrote:

And you say this because he has such a stellar playoff resume? Gets us to the playoffs, hmmmmm, I thought that was what Melo has been doing.

18 minutes a game can certainly be sliced and diced to show how Lin's changing the NBA world. If Ray Felton was putting up those stats, you'd be re-burning his effigy even more than it already is.

Oh my. That sign!

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  11:20 AM
Make every joke/comment that you want about Lin but that was the epitome of the ineptness of this dumb franchise.

He lit up the fan base and he's gone. Very sad.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TeamBall
Member: #4386

3/10/2014  11:27 AM
jrodmc wrote:

I hope Lin had security track down that woman after the game. She may have just wanted the attention from the sign but it's worth a shot.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/10/2014  11:30 AM
Downright depressing
TeamBall
Member: #4386

3/10/2014  11:37 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

EMS

Look I personally don't care about Lin because Im a Knick Fan BUT I have noticed that the people who despise Lin the most are the hardcore Melo fans. Lin isn't close to a top point guard BUT he is much better than ray felton. Linsanity was probably the best time as a Knick fan since 2000 so that is the reason why so many fans still like him which is understandable

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/10/2014  11:44 AM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

11 Pts
2 Pts
7 Pts
4 Pts
6 Pts
11 Pts
2 Pts

EMS

Is that really what you got out of Crush's post? He's highlighting how sad it is that we pay more attention to a player on ANOTHER team getting a high +/- stat (however useful that stat is) than we do a player on our own team. Hardcore Melo fans? C'mon....

You obviously did not got that much about Lin.

It was the most exciting time for knicks in 20 years.

He inspired the fan base. He gave us hope. Magic ...

He played nice not ugly basketball.

Who should we look at on the current team that would excite the fan base for the right reasons?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy