[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/11/2004  10:50 AM
Johny appears to be the ideal guy that we need. He is a true 7' and has all the moves and talents necessary to take us to the next level. However, we have two things that may keep us from acquiring him, they are: his health and the relationship between Isia and Bird. If they can put their differences aside, it could benefit the two clubs. Reggie is ready to retire, and they will need a 2 guard to replace him.

Jus deal guys, deal.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/11/2004  11:28 AM
I would say there will be no trades with the Pacers. Bird doesnt want to do anything to help Isiah, plain and simple, so I would just scratch any idea with guys coming from there.

I would put all our focus on the frontcourt. Assume Raweed isnt an option, and sign Blount to close to the full MLE. Then look to move Nazr for a draft and our #2 for a #1 and draft a guy like JR Smith. Try to work out a sign and trade for Swift, even if we have to over pay. If we can get his agent to play a little hardball it would force Memphis to trade Swift or let him enter a QO year where they cant trade him and risk losing him for nothing.

Briggs is always talking about style of play, where there it is.. good half court defensive team with size and rebounding and a PG that can orchestrate in the half court.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
5/11/2004  11:38 AM
Honestly, Indiana may not be able to retain Bender after all. I do believe that he is in the last year of his contract and will perhaps want to be a starter in this league. We need a true 7' with a good shooting touch and post up play.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
5/11/2004  11:44 AM
"sign Blount to close to the full MLE"

Celtics resigned Blount already.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/11/2004  11:47 AM
I would like to explore getting Tyson chandler first, that is assuming his back is ok..... then with the wealth of euro players and Hs players in the draft, there will be talent that drops, I would then package our 2nd round pick with othella and try to move up and grab a late first round pick and see if we can get a swingman like kirk snyder or someone like that...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/11/2004  11:56 AM
Just cause Bender had a good 5 minute strech in a playoff game and was blown way out of proportion by the retarded collar comentators who don't know jack sh**t about basketball doesnt make him anything, let alone a real center. He is slimmer then Camby was. He has no jumper. He has no established postgame. He is a project, who has been in the league for a while now, but he is a highschooler, so he has a chance to develop, but he IS NOT a legit 7 footer YET. And if he is a free agent, he might be worse part of the MLE maybe, or the smaller LLE or whatever they call the other allocated sum to sine for less then the MLE.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/11/2004  12:21 PM
Posted by kam77:

"sign Blount to close to the full MLE"

Celtics resigned Blount already.

Blount has yet to opt out of his $1 million play option for next year but everyone knows he will. When he does he's a FA... Bos hasnt resigned or extended him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
5/11/2004  1:03 PM
Dude! I think that you have totally underestimated Bender. The kid is young and is still learning the game. Look at Oneal, he was practically in the same situation as Bender, it tood Isia to instill some confidence and much needed training to help this kid to reach his current potential. Bender has been playing out of position throughout his career. If given a chance just as did Oneal, he could blossom as well. Oneal was as skinny in his early days also, but Isia and the Indiana organization have preached him to enroll in a weight lifting program, and look at him now.

Posted by simrud:

Just cause Bender had a good 5 minute strech in a playoff game and was blown way out of proportion by the retarded collar comentators who don't know jack sh**t about basketball doesnt make him anything, let alone a real center. He is slimmer then Camby was. He has no jumper. He has no established postgame. He is a project, who has been in the league for a while now, but he is a highschooler, so he has a chance to develop, but he IS NOT a legit 7 footer YET. And if he is a free agent, he might be worse part of the MLE maybe, or the smaller LLE or whatever they call the other allocated sum to sine for less then the MLE.
kam77
5/11/2004  1:40 PM
For you fishmike:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/071603_CelticsReSignMarkBlount.html
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/11/2004  1:41 PM
Posted by kam77:

For you fishmike:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/071603_CelticsReSignMarkBlount.html

dude, i made the same mistake posting this a few weeks ago. it's dated july 16th 2003 (look at the link) so this was before LAST SEASON.
kam77
5/11/2004  1:41 PM
Lemme check myself:

The date on that link was from last year, so you may be right about this season.
kam77
5/11/2004  1:43 PM
yeah djs, i just noticed that myself, thanks.
Ray15
Member: #668
5/11/2004  3:16 PM
Go after Harrington rather than Bender. Frank Williams and KT for Harrington and filler. Isiah can talk with Donnie Walsh rather than Bird and Frank Williams would be great behind Tinsley. KT would be a better sixth man than Harrington next year because he is very tough inside and will understand his role off the bench.

As for us Harrington gives us that low post guy and he is just getting better and better. We would lose interior defense and toughness so I think we would need to look at a tough minded, rebounding center.

This also allows us to use Sweetney as a sixth man and move Harrington to the 3. We can address our need for a swingman in the second round or next offseason. We can't do it all at once but this would help us tremendously. It's harder to get a talented big man so if the opportunity arises, we have to jump on it and worry about swingmen later on.

As for Bender. He's more of a two guard than center. His natural position is probably small foward but he wouldn't even be able to keep Tim Thomas out of the paint let alone centers.
Defense and Toughness
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/11/2004  5:21 PM
Frank williams would be playing over tinsley, but anyway, I can't see us dealing with the pacers, but the bulls and the knicks seem like a match made in heaven, I would love to get either crawford or chandler, and I think both teams can help each other...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/11/2004  9:06 PM
Posted by simrud:

He has alot of salaries and good players ahead of him. Bender can play. He's not a post up guy though. I think he is more of a Camby type with a decent jumpshot. He's definately a good shot blocker and finisher. He's worth the trouble but as long as Bird is head of the Pacers you could just squash any trade idea.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy