[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What Wall Street Thinks of You...
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/25/2014  12:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2014  12:46 PM
I would've posted the text but there were plenty of videos and audio included in the piece that would've been lost. To get the full scope of what happened at this event, I recommend that you venture to the direct source from New York Magazine. The title is One-Percent Jokes and Plutocrats in Drag: What I Saw When I Crashed a Wall Street Secret Society:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/i-crashed-a-wall-street-secret-society.html
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

2/25/2014  10:35 PM
no one likes anyone, big deal, you can still make a great life for yourself who cares about that other level,
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

2/26/2014  9:26 PM
Nard dog a hater for real stay hatin hataz
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
GustavBahler
Posts: 32936
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/27/2014  6:39 AM
They were making these jokes as millions of people were losing their homes, their jobs, life savings, pensions, suicides went up. Like those Enron traders who were laughing hysterically about old women losing their A/C in a heat wave. Many of them (not all) became wealthy precisely because of this mindset.
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/27/2014  9:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:They were making these jokes as millions of people were losing their homes, their jobs, life savings, pensions, suicides went up. Like those Enron traders who were laughing hysterically about old women losing their A/C in a heat wave. Many of them (not all) became wealthy precisely because of this mindset.

The reasons you mentioned is exactly why I wonder average Joe's try to defend them. Evidently, pointing stuff like that out and being outraged makes me (and maybe you by association) a "hater".

jrodmc
Posts: 30606
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
2/27/2014  12:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:They were making these jokes as millions of people were losing their homes, their jobs, life savings, pensions, suicides went up. Like those Enron traders who were laughing hysterically about old women losing their A/C in a heat wave. Many of them (not all) became wealthy precisely because of this mindset.

And exactly what type of mindset do you think was getting created in most MBA programs in the past 20 years? You think Business Ethics 101 and Compassionate Economics 204 is what drives most of those trader and venture capitalist types?

There was a story on NPR recently about what the newer incoming crop of wealth managers are going through dealing with their management. Some of these (obviously not all) young MBA's are thinking they are going to make a difference through working on a commodities desk, and they are told their existence is about making money, nothing else.

If you have rats teaching rats how to be rats, why are you outraged when they act like rats? Suhucks when there's no overarching moral standard to answer to, doesn't it?

Trancendance be a real beyatch to live without sometimes.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
GustavBahler
Posts: 32936
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/27/2014  4:48 PM
No, I'm not surprised that this is what B-schools are churning out, but this is not just about these schools. Up until the turn of this century, taxes were considered a necessary evil for a functioning society by rich an poor alike. Our captains of industry felt more of an obligation to their employees, their communities, their country. they were no saints to be sure, but it wasn't just about them and their small circle of friends.

We now have corporations of all sizes whose job above all else is to maximize shareholder value. They have no loyalty to anything but themselves. Its this Randian "I got mine, F you" attitude that caused our economy to crash and why only the wealthy were made whole after the crash. Almost entirely all the gains from this "recovery" went to the top one percent. That's not business as usual, that's not what happened in the past.

Its also coming out of both major parties who have pushed though deregulation across the board. Just look at West Virginia to see how that can affect a community. No, I do not want to abolish capitalism. I do want the wealthy, major corporations, who have exploited loopholes in the tax code by in effect bribing politicians to stop hiding literally tens of trillions of dollars in overseas tax shelters. Taxes now are already the lowest they have been since the Eisenhower administration, but apparently that's not enough.

This isn't some touchy feely idea about the rich paying more. As Warren Buffett said, there is a class war, and their side is winning. I'd like our country to be a more equitable one. A majority of voters from all political persuasions feel the same way.

jrodmc
Posts: 30606
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
3/5/2014  9:51 AM
I'm sorry, but did the term "robber baron" and "monopoly" and "trust" get invented in the last 20 years? Our captains of industry were all too happy to run sweatshops and have child labor and destroy unions with paid goons. What past are you thinking about?
Corporations exist to enhance shareholder value because our captains of industry have been taught and have realized that's where the real money is. And they sleep soundly at night knowing that no matter what loophole they, in effect, bribe their way to taking advantage of, the nation as a whole is looking at the Dow and their 401K and their pension fund. Ayn Rand aside, if you spend 50 years teaching everyone their just a lucky species of higher mammal, what makes the "I got mine, F you" approach to higher ecomomics wrong? Family values are nice, but your academia will tell you they are nothing but vestiges of the lower herd mentality. Thank you, Mr. Nietzche.

Hope and change. So where's the greatest change? Like you point out, at the stock indexes. Funny how that worked out, 6 years later, huh?

What would happen to your argument about the evil rich if income taxes were done away with entirely? You want a fair and equitable capitalistic society, get your pounds of flesh from the 1% through sales taxes, and abolish the income tax. Then there are no need for tax shelters.

Yeah, I know, but what would happen to all those great government programs for the 99% and the intelligentsia who get to run them? I wonder how much higher taxes on things that the little circle of rich folks like to purchase in abundance would raise for this fairer and more equitable society?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
Nalod
Posts: 54074
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2014  10:55 AM
Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

Anger sells, don't buy!
GustavBahler
Posts: 32936
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/5/2014  8:22 PM
Guess you missed the part where I mentioned that they were not saints to be sure. Maybe I should have gone into more detail. My point was that our captains of industry felt more of an obligation to their communities and their country. They did not see themselves for the most part as stateless entities who could manipulate the tax code to shift the burden of paying for things like infrastructure on the backs of the poor and middle class. They took a great deal, sometimes too much, but many also gave a lot to their communities. Unfortunately we are right back in the robber baron age as far as the wealth gap, we are seeing more conglomeration than ever. 5-6 corps control the food supply for this country. The same goes with telecommunication, ISPs. Thank Clinton for that and the Telecommunications Act. Some republicans in the last few years have tried to repeal child labor laws. Our country is regressing.

The Fed has been lending banks money (aka quantitive easing) since the meltdown at a close to zero interest rate, billions and billions of dollars. They promised that most of it would go to loans. What did they do? They bought T-bills, in effect lending our money back to us. Meanwhile they fought tooth and nail for any mortgage modifications.

Increasing shareholder value wasn't the be all end all of a corporation until recently. Sorry just wasn't. We now have CEOs who will do whatever it takes, layoffs, eliminating long earned pensions, just to boost the stock price, so they can get their bonus. Doesn't matter what happens to the company long term or the workers. Many workers in the previous century were treated more like partners not cattle. We are going back to the sweatshop model of employment in this country. Long hours, very few if any benefits, for low pay and little room for advancement.

Speaking of pensions, Lucent (RIP) had a 400 million pension dollar plan. Executives said that they had to eliminate it to keep the company afloat and then turned around and gave themselves a 400 million dollar bonus. Is this the way we should do business? We have always had greed but what has changed is just how greedy our elite have become. Corporations are contributing less to taxes and someone has to pick up the slack. As far as a flat tax, that's great if you are rich and you don't use most of your disposable income on things like food and utilities.

As I mentioned before almost entirely all the gains from this so called recovery when to the top one percent. This is what I'm talking about. This is not how recoveries have worked in the past. During the SL crisis there were hundreds if not thousands of bankers perp walked and given jail terms. No major exec has even been indicted for the massive fraud that went on. You think JP Morgan is paying those tens billions of dollars in fines, repeatedly, for late parking tickets? Our economy wasn't dominated by the financial services industry as it is now. Makes for bad policy.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/7/2014  6:30 PM
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/7/2014  6:59 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/7/2014  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2014  9:59 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/7/2014  10:46 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/7/2014  10:48 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/7/2014  11:24 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

it really is, you just can't see it yet

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/8/2014  9:48 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

it really is, you just can't see it yet

Yeah, that must be it lol.

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/8/2014  9:55 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

it really is, you just can't see it yet

Yeah, that must be it lol.

oh boo hoo, wages have stagnated, meanwhile you have more millionaires than ever walking around,

gee why is that? oh because you have the best business environment in the world right in your back yard, sucka free sundae, ya heard???!?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

3/8/2014  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2014  1:00 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

it really is, you just can't see it yet

Yeah, that must be it lol.

oh boo hoo, wages have stagnated, meanwhile you have more millionaires than ever walking around,

gee why is that? oh because you have the best business environment in the world right in your back yard, sucka free sundae, ya heard???!?

And those millionaires only represent a fraction of 1% of the country. So you're logic is that because these people are doing extraordinarily well, that the other 99% of the country is too? The reality of the situation is that the bulk of Americans are struggling and it isn't from a lack of trying. Productivity in our country is at record heights (I hear that it is up as high as 97% since the 70s) and we still rank ahead of all industrialized countries in terms of how many hours our citizens work per week. In spite of that, we are ranked the 3rd worst in terms of social mobility among these peers ( http://www.moneynews.com/Economy/US-social-mobility-country/2013/12/12/id/541412 ). And yet, our cost of living has continued to increase at a steady pace ( http://www.brookings.edu/research/reports/2013/06/13-facts-higher-education ). This is reality and not the bubble you live in.

IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

3/8/2014  11:15 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Good take Jrod.

The rich have been phuching over the little man since the beginning of time. What else is new!

PUt away 8%-10% of what you make into savings plans such as IRA, 401(k), Roth IRA, and other when your 25 years old and watch it grow. Stay out of debt and live within your means.

Wars, scandels, and other scarey things will come and go. Life is difficult and roll with it. Keep the car payments low, house payments reasonable and save. Then your money makes money.

Thats how it works here. Wall St will phuch you. You pay taxes, then the Gov't bails out banks, then you buy bank stocks and make it back. Gov't bails out GM or Chrysler back in the day. Put your money with the Gov't, its easy.

Capitalism does not work without banks and insurance companies. Simple.

Understand Market cycles. ITs not hard. Understand patience. Its not hard. Don't get emotional with all the news thats distributed. Read Playa2's stuff and don't be like that. Its wasted energy.

Learn to fix things. learn to enjoy life. Get health insurance and eat vegatables. Don't smoke. Don't buy vacataton homes unless you can pay cash for it. If rental property, make sure it covers itself. Don't buy season tickets to sport teams.

YOu do all this your food will taste better, your kids won't be nuts, you'll sleep, be healthy and most important have better sex!

Cuz all I want is to fix the world a little at a time, enjoy my toys, sleep, and get laid.

Nalod works for a wall st. firm by the way. Hating us is like hating your parents. One day your the adult and have to act like one.

People still risk their lives to come live here. Its not perfect, but where is Nirvana these days? Australia? Belize? Grand Caymen? Nice places but they only want you if you bring money.

So precedent makes the practice right? Beside the point, are you aware that American wages have all stagnated while the cost of living is continuing to increase? Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past, so I think your plan is grossly unrealistic and even insulting.

that's the victim mentality you have

No, those are opinions that can be substantiated by facts. If you have facts that can counter these sentiments, then feel free to submit them; they would be welcomed. If you're going to talk about your feelings and emotions again in spite of scholarly fact, then lets save ourselves the time and not bother with subsequent responses.

they're excuses

How profound.

it really is, you just can't see it yet

Yeah, that must be it lol.

oh boo hoo, wages have stagnated, meanwhile you have more millionaires than ever walking around,

gee why is that? oh because you have the best business environment in the world right in your back yard, sucka free sundae, ya heard???!?

And those millionaires only represent a fraction of 1% of the country. So you're logic is that because these people are doing extraordinarily well, that the other 99% of the country is too? The reality of the situation is that the bulk of Americans are struggling and it isn't from a lack of trying. Productivity in our country is at record heights (I hear that it is up as high as 97% since the 70s) and we still rank ahead of all industrialized countries in terms of how many hours our citizens work per week. In spite of that, we are ranked the 3rd worst in terms of social mobility among these peers ( http://ttp://www.moneynews.com/Economy/US-social-mobility-country/2013/12/12/id/541412 ). And yet, our cost of living has continued to increase at a steady pace ( http://www.brookings.edu/research/reports/2013/06/13-facts-higher-education ). This is reality and not the bubble you live in.

huh? i think you're in the bubble. everyone earns what they're worth.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
What Wall Street Thinks of You...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.