[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Dread.....Will the Mavericks weed-whack the Garden??
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/24/2014  10:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Really bad loss. Reading Yellowboys post regarding clips offer and I can't believe the Knicks let shump on the court. The reported deal, mullens, Barnes, collisions, 2 second round picks for shump, ray and beno. Someone needs to be fired, either mills or Woodson, for allowing shump on the court that night.

Is that true? Holy crap. Woody should be fired just for that

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2014  10:42 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Really bad loss. Reading Yellowboys post regarding clips offer and I can't believe the Knicks let shump on the court. The reported deal, mullens, Barnes, collisions, 2 second round picks for shump, ray and beno. Someone needs to be fired, either mills or Woodson, for allowing shump on the court that night.

I think its Mills job to tell Woodson to keep Shump off the court but if Woodson knew then he definitely should have consequences. My guess is Mills fires Woodson now to take the heat off of himself. ONce the details of this deal come out fans are going to be outraged by his mismanagement.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/25/2014  7:22 AM
People last night who was looking for .O.T be like

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/25/2014  7:24 AM
playa2 wrote:People last night who was looking for .O.T be like

As Brutal of a loss that last shot was that picture was hilarious
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/25/2014  1:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:
Uptown wrote:SMH...Not surprised that the guy who scores 44 and pulls down 9 rbs is being blamed for this lost on this board. Not sure what else you wanted him to do. Dirk took a fade away from the top of the key, it banged off the backboard (Did Dirk call it?) it the rim, bounced in the air and went in. Extremely tough shot...but it happens...

who blamed melo?

You called him out for his bad defensive IQ on that last play. That's a tough spot because the last thing you want to do is foul on that shot....Dirk is a master at making the off balance one foot shot which is the hardest shot to guard next to the sky hook.

I get calling him out on the last offensive possession but the D on Dirk was great. The shot was amazing. Also, isn't it funny that Dallas runs an iso for Dirk who has been cold all game but the ball bounces around and up to fall in. Only a few teams do not run Iso to end games.

Yeah Wally said the d was perfect on that play.

I don't know if I'd go by Wally's opinion. He usually tries to spin everything to a positive in the post game.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/25/2014  1:32 PM
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:
Uptown wrote:SMH...Not surprised that the guy who scores 44 and pulls down 9 rbs is being blamed for this lost on this board. Not sure what else you wanted him to do. Dirk took a fade away from the top of the key, it banged off the backboard (Did Dirk call it?) it the rim, bounced in the air and went in. Extremely tough shot...but it happens...

who blamed melo?

You called him out for his bad defensive IQ on that last play. That's a tough spot because the last thing you want to do is foul on that shot....Dirk is a master at making the off balance one foot shot which is the hardest shot to guard next to the sky hook.

I get calling him out on the last offensive possession but the D on Dirk was great. The shot was amazing. Also, isn't it funny that Dallas runs an iso for Dirk who has been cold all game but the ball bounces around and up to fall in. Only a few teams do not run Iso to end games.

I don't know if I'd go by Wally's opinion. He usually tries to spin everything to a positive in the post game.

Was it perfect maybe not but it was close. I don't trust the refs not to call a foul if he sticks his hands up and Dirk initiates the contact though. It is what it is.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/25/2014  1:56 PM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

Carters D on Melo was perfect. Melo's D on Dirk was good but not perfect.

Exactly, and I wouldn't even call carmelos defense good.. he fouled dirk a couple of times and didn't even have his hands up as dirk went to shoot the ball..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
2/25/2014  2:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2014  2:39 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

I think we should be fair.. the clips didn't come to the knicks.. The knicks were trying to make a deal with the clippers.. The clippers didn't do the deal because they didn't want shumpert.. and that is just part of it.. most of all I think they just didn't want to part with collison.

From what I heard, sterling blocked the deal....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
USA
2/25/2014  2:09 PM
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think we should be fair.. the clips didn't come to the knicks.. The knicks were trying to make a deal with the clippers.. The clippers didn't do the deal because they didn't want shumpert.. and that is just part of it.. most of all I think they just didn't want to part with collison.

I think they backed out because they didn't want an injured Shumpert. Not sure if the Knicks were looking for others offers right up to the deadline or what the thought process was. If it is as reported then Shump shouldn't have been on the court.
tkf
2/25/2014  2:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think they backed out because they didn't want an injured Shumpert. Not sure if the Knicks were looking for others offers right up to the deadline or what the thought process was. If it is as reported then Shump shouldn't have been on the court.

they didn't want felton... this was not some deal the clippers came to the knicks with... the knicks called the clippers.. shumpert getting injured of course ended any talks if there were any serious going on, but this was not some deal the clippers put on the table .. even with a healthy shumpert the clippers didn't want to part with collison and didn't want felton.

CrushAlot
USA
2/25/2014  2:31 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

they didn't want felton... this was not some deal the clippers came to the knicks with... the knicks called the clippers.. shumpert getting injured of course ended any talks if there were any serious going on, but this was not some deal the clippers put on the table .. even with a healthy shumpert the clippers didn't want to part with collison and didn't want felton.

Reports were that they held their flight from taking off for 45 minutes at the deadline once the results of Shump's MRI were known debating on whether to do the deal. Reports also are that Doc really wanted Shump. Where did you hear that the Clips were reluctant to part with Collison?
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/25/2014  2:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

Was it perfect maybe not but it was close. I don't trust the refs not to call a foul if he sticks his hands up and Dirk initiates the contact though. It is what it is.

Neither would I but to be fair Melo was reaching blatantly a couple of times before Dirk put that shot up and got away with those. I do think that the way that shot had to bounce in spoke volumes about the degree of difficulty - especially for a shooter like Dirk so I'd say Melo did a decent job.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
2/25/2014  2:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Reports were that they held their flight from taking off for 45 minutes at the deadline once the results of Shump's MRI were known debating on whether to do the deal. Reports also are that Doc really wanted Shump. Where did you hear that the Clips were reluctant to part with Collison?

the owner blocked the deal.... why else would he? so they wouldn't lose mullins?

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/25/2014  3:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

That's a fact the one player on the Knicks roster that Doc Rivers said he coveted was another Chicago product like himself Iman Shumpert.

He probably would have got out of Iman what he's getting out of DeAndre Jordan now.

He saw what Shump did to Pierce and Wade before in the playoffs.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/25/2014  3:40 PM
TeamBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

who blamed melo?

Neither would I but to be fair Melo was reaching blatantly a couple of times before Dirk put that shot up and got away with those. I do think that the way that shot had to bounce in spoke volumes about the degree of difficulty - especially for a shooter like Dirk so I'd say Melo did a decent job.

nowitzki shoots 47% from that part of the floor. he just has great backspin so the ball has a better chance of caroming in.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Game Dread.....Will the Mavericks weed-whack the Garden??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy