[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Tony Parker
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/7/2004  10:57 AM
good point fellas, and here are a few things I see wrong with stern and the NBA.. stern has tried so hard to cater to the euro players that he has changed the game almost for the worse. the game has gotten softer, slower and guys like shaq who are the stars of the league are so frustrated they are losing interest. The NBA has fallen so much in love with the Euro player and the HS players that they have watered down the league, I see no one has made a big deal over detroit drafting Darko over melo, but that is a major gaffe by detroit, they won't feel it this year or maybe next year, but that team will feel the effects of that stupid move.. NOt every HS player or Euro Kid is going to be a star, actually more will probably fail than succeed, and this will hurt the league, meanwhile guys like, Boozer, Howard and Daniels along with others will fall later in drafts, and really good players like dwayne Wade will almost go unotcied without the fanfare of guys like Lebron, but just look at what wade is doing in Miami, yet I bet you will get people who would still say that Darko, lampe, milos, Nikoloz skitsvilli, and every other euro prospect has more "potential" than Wade, and Boozer and Sweetney... It is a bunch of BS!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2004  12:33 PM
Euros are coming over with better ball handling and shooting skilz. Boozer needed development.

Wade is getting a lot of props, but its melo and Lebron getting the star treatment. That is somthing.

Darko was 17 at draft and could be a great big man one day. Detroit was smart to do what they did as prince fills the SF role quite nice.

It may be 5 years until we know how these kids pan out.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/7/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by tkf:

good point fellas, and here are a few things I see wrong with stern and the NBA.. stern has tried so hard to cater to the euro players that he has changed the game almost for the worse. the game has gotten softer, slower and guys like shaq who are the stars of the league are so frustrated they are losing interest. The NBA has fallen so much in love with the Euro player and the HS players that they have watered down the league, I see no one has made a big deal over detroit drafting Darko over melo, but that is a major gaffe by detroit, they won't feel it this year or maybe next year, but that team will feel the effects of that stupid move..

tell me how Stern has catered specifically to the Euros.

Isn't it Stern that wanted to impose an age limit? Blame the players union and GMs.

The game has gotten slower? Didn't the league try to quicken the pace of the game after the Riley years? Shorter time period to get the ball past half court.

what's your point again?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
5/7/2004  1:22 PM
I don't understand where this is going.
Posted by EnySpree:

Guys like Tony Parker get free rides because the NBA see's the glitter in his eye.

the NBA is a basketball league. It is also a marketing, money-making machine. What free ride is Tony Parker getting and who is providing this ride? He is displaying some nice basketball skill and we have to dislike him cause the NBA promotes him? You make it sound like Parker has been given 8 fouls to work with or that he is working with a different set of rules than every other player.
Even hall of famers like Nate Archibald don't get props until they settle into a contolled setting like when he went to Boston.

And your point is....?
Kenny Anderson was always a good point guard but he was traded left and right for no reason during his career. He made an all-star team. You never see all-stars get treated like that.

what? what's your point? all-stars can't be traded? maybe his all-star year was a fluke. Players are always traded for a reason. Chemistry, effort, better player that you are trading for, cap reasons, salary, whatever. Remind me what Kenny has won? And how he lead his teams or made everyone around him better?
Rod Strickland was better than alot of point guards and he never got a all-star selection. You can argue that there were players better but how can you deny a guy that was 1st, second, or third every year in assists?

So what's your point here? That every point guard should be NBA promoted if they do something remotely good?

Remind me what Rod has won? And how he lead his teams or made everyone around him better?
Chicago is still trying to trade Jamal Crawford. They benched him for no reason and drafted 2 point guards two years in a row. Crawford was on the bench until his play forced them to start him next to Hinrich this year. It's not fair.

fair to whom? life is not fair, so what.
tkf
5/7/2004  2:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

good point fellas, and here are a few things I see wrong with stern and the NBA.. stern has tried so hard to cater to the euro players that he has changed the game almost for the worse. the game has gotten softer, slower and guys like shaq who are the stars of the league are so frustrated they are losing interest. The NBA has fallen so much in love with the Euro player and the HS players that they have watered down the league, I see no one has made a big deal over detroit drafting Darko over melo, but that is a major gaffe by detroit, they won't feel it this year or maybe next year, but that team will feel the effects of that stupid move..

Isn't it Stern that wanted to impose an age limit? Blame the players union and GMs.

The game has gotten slower? Didn't the league try to quicken the pace of the game after the Riley years? Shorter time period to get the ball past half court.

what's your point again?

martin if you watched basketball you would understand my point.. Stern with the stupid rules changes, the no hand checking, the silly hard foul rules that just hamper the defense, all have made this game soft, stern has done this to neutralize the effectivness of physical players like shaq who was virtually unstoppable. He tried to turn this game into a run and gun, no defense league, a style that perfectly suited the euro players, he has for years tried to appeal to the european players, now when he notices that the league and the quality has been watered down, he is trying to backtrack by crying for a age limit..LOL.. that is stern BS. I mean he has done a lot for the NBA as far as marketing but he has gone a bit far with the catering to the euro players....

As far as the rules changes, they made some rules to speed up the game but then negated them with crap like the zone... yea that is great.... that surely will speed up the game.. And how does taking 2 seconds off the half court rule speed up the game??? how??
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
5/7/2004  3:00 PM
Oh my god. Is this what it's going to be like until next season gets underway?

Somebody lock this thread!

[Edited by - ToddTT on 05/07/2004 15:03:29]
martin
USA
5/7/2004  4:00 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

what's your point again?

martin if you watched basketball you would understand my point.. Stern with the stupid rules changes, the no hand checking, the silly hard foul rules that just hamper the defense, all have made this game soft, stern has done this to neutralize the effectivness of physical players like shaq who was virtually unstoppable. He tried to turn this game into a run and gun, no defense league, a style that perfectly suited the euro players, he has for years tried to appeal to the european players, now when he notices that the league and the quality has been watered down, he is trying to backtrack by crying for a age limit..LOL.. that is stern BS. I mean he has done a lot for the NBA as far as marketing but he has gone a bit far with the catering to the euro players....

As far as the rules changes, they made some rules to speed up the game but then negated them with crap like the zone... yea that is great.... that surely will speed up the game.. And how does taking 2 seconds off the half court rule speed up the game??? how??

Hey, I watch the game all the time. It's your interpretation of Stern's direction of the the game and the NBA which you are taking as a sign of something it is not.

The Knicks, Heat, and Detroit brought a style of play that was tough-minded, tough-bodied but was not good for TV. 72-65 games is not appealing. Stern has tried to change that. The open spaced, made for highlight reel game - ala Jordan, Magic, etc - is what Stern wants. He doesn't care if it is done by Euros, Americans, or whomever. It's the marketing and TV ratings that he cares about.

Removal of hand-checking, stricter hard fouls, zone, the charge arc under the basketball make for a more run-and-gun game. He wants the world's best athletes at their baddest on display.

Caters to Euros? No. Caters against Shaq? Not really (or incidentally). Caters to TV watchers, Yes.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/7/2004  4:21 PM
Martin.....

I see yuo took the time to analyze my whole post but still had no clue what I was saying.

My point is Tony was 19 coming into this league and everyone was talking about potential and how good he wil be etc.

Marbury at 19 was looked on as a guy going for the money. They talked flap about the way he talked and how he needed to stay in school. Meanwhile he has done nothing but kill the league since he was a rookie right away. Even now Marbury is looked on as a chucker and selfish player.

So I can stop repeating myself....look at Allen Iverson. The made the zone defense to stop him from winning so many scoring titles!!!
Yeah I said it....
The zone is a system set to force a team to make jump shots. That rule was to prevent Iverson from getting too many scoring titles and thus becoming a legend.....the new face of the NBA.

They tried to kill his game once before when they outlawed his deadly cross-over. They don't want Iverson to be that guy that you look at the NBA and say he is the man.

Parker is a good kid from France. Claxton can't get a contract from the Spurs after being the driving for behind the title.

Tony makes a regular cross-over move and it's on every sports show on television.

My point is that Rafer Alston won a starting job in Toronto but can't get a contract. The only reason Miami signed Rafer was because they needed a point guard cuz they had none on the roster. Rafer could start on alot of teams. When Wade got hurt he proved that. He proved that a year before in Toronto.

About those Euro player....
Someone said Carlos Boozer needed development? What game are you watching? Carlos can play. His game is not the result of good coaching since he's been in the league. He already had the game.

Darko, Lampe, Slavko Vranes, etc....those guys need development. I'm talking about they need to learn the game period. They know how to shoot and score but can they play the game? The game is what is important and they have no clue, that's why it takes these player 4 years to develop. I agree with TKF about the watered down league. It's a shame that all these Euro's can get a guarenteed contract but Josh Howard, and Marquis Daniels have to put in all this work just to win a contract after being drafted in the second round.

Frank Williams and Sweetney were not developed in NY they already had game. Frank had a confidence issue but in his second season that theory is out the window. You can't coach Frank to step to Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson. Sweetney just needed game time. These Euro guys need to be walked through every aspect of the game cuz they have no clue but they are becoming the golden eye of the NBA.

That's bullshtt. That's Tony Parkers free ride. Rod Strickland is still thought as a cancer but he still is trying to just play ball somewhere while he's pushing 40 years old.

It sucks....but I'm a cry baby and you are gonna tell me that's life. Nope it's the reality of sports and society in general.

Everyone was ready to hand Jay Williams the rookie of the year and he sucked. They still draft Hinrich with Jamal Crawford clearly showing he was ready. He had to force the Bulls to play him.

This is what's not fair.

All these high schoolers know that as soon as the light is off them it's hard to get noticed unless you go to a big named school and go deep into the NCAA tourney. Why go through all that and risk not getting drafted. Might as well do it while the league is shining the light on you.

If you still think it's because I think Tony Parker can't play you are flip top jackarse.

[Edited by - enyspree on 05/07/2004 16:38:31]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
USA
5/7/2004  4:37 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Martin.....

I see yuo took the time to analyze my whole post but still had no clue what I was saying.

My point is Tony was 19 coming into this league and everyone was talking about potential and how good he wil be etc.

Marbury at 19 was looked on as a guy going for the money. They talked flap about the way he talked and how he needed to stay in school. Meanwhile he has done nothing but kill the league since he was a rookie right away. Even now Marbury is looked on as a chucker and selfish player.

So I can stop repeating myself....look at Allen Iverson. The made the zone defense to stop him from winning so many scoring titles!!!
Yeah I said it....
The zone is a system set to force a team to make jump shots. That rule was to prevent Iverson from getting too many scoring titles and thus becoming a legend.....the new face of the NBA.

They tried to kill his game once before when they outlawed his deadly cross-over. They don't want Iverson to be that guy that you look at the NBA and say he is the man.

Parker is a good kid from France. Claxton can't get a contract from the Spurs after being the driving for behind the title.

Tony makes a regular cross-over move and it's on every sports show on television.

My point is that Rafer Alston won a starting job in Toronto but can't get a contract. The only reason Miami signed Rafer was because they needed a point guard cuz they had none on the roster. Rafer could start on alot of teams. When Wade got hurt he proved that. He proved that a year before in Toronto.

About those Euro player....
Someone said Carlos Boozer needed development? What game are you watching? Carlos can play. His game is not the result of good coaching since he's been in the league. He already had the game.

Darko, Lampe, Slavko Vranes, etc....those guys need development. And I agree with TKF about the watered down league. It's a shame that all these Euro's can get a guarenteed contract but Josh Howard, and Marquis Daniels have to put in all this work just to win a contract after being drafted in the second round.

That's bullshtt. That's Tony Parkers free ride. Rod Strickland is still thought as a cancer but he still is trying to just play ball somewhere while he's pushing 40 years old.

It sucks....but I'm a cry baby and you are gonna tell me that's life. Nope it's the reality of sports and society in general.

Everyone was ready to hand Jay Williams the rookie of the year and he sucked. They still draft Hinrich with Jamal Crawford clearly showing he was ready. He had to force the Bulls to play him.

This is what's not fair.

All these high schoolers know that as soon as the light is off them it's hard to get noticed unless you go to a big named school and go deep into the NCAA tourney. Why go through all that and risk not getting drafted. Might as well do it while the league is shining the light on you.

If you still think it's because I think Tony Parker can't play you are flip top jackarse.

seriously, I still have no idea what you are saying. The above is a proverbial rambling of nothing in all sorts of directions mixed with a dash of madness. I don't know what your point is, I can't figure out what is supposed to be your supporting facts or why you keep mentioning seemingly random stuff, and I have no idea why you are making any of the points of this thread (it's like you are argueing against something a bunch of people not on this forum are talking about).

Do it like this:

My point is.....

My supporting arguments are these....

My conclusion is this....

Here is one for the archives: Anyone remember Usenet? Here is a line from a guy who was big into them. Reminds me of parts of this thread.

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea--massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
- Spaf, 1992
EnySpree

5/7/2004  4:49 PM
Posted by martin:

Do it like this:

My point is.....

My supporting arguments are these....

My conclusion is this....

Go to hell with that crap. Lock this post.

That's a f'ing insult and you are supposed to be a moderator?

How did you become a moderator? You can't even read. This si not a leason in English. You keep quoting my articles.....how about reading them.

If you are looking for transition words they are all over the last thing I wrote.

#1 Tony Parker is a good player, period.

Duh....show and prove and he finally did.

Iverson gets flap because of his tats, rap album, and alot of other personal stuff. He wins a few scoring titles and they try to ruin him by implementing the zone defense.

Marbury was 19 and dropping 17pts 7 assists and all people could talk about was his grammar? His lack of defense? He's selfish?

Tony's been talked about like he was a god the day he was drafted. He's won a title. Greg Kite won one too. Speedy lead them not Tony so get off that.

You are blind to what I'm saying after I've basically written the same thing over and over.

Whatever.....lock the thread up....hey even delete this post so no one can question your great ignorance.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
5/7/2004  6:18 PM
Matin: I don't want to argue, I just want a good convo and you made some good points, I agree that stern is all about marketing and appealing to the fans and that is true, but my point is that with all these changes, have we truly seen wide open basketball? Has the scoring increased? I mean the pistons are still shutting people down, and teams like the Hawks, clippers, Bulls and magic are not only a disgrace but they still can't put the ball in the hoop!! I agree with enyspree, this league is so watered down and full of BS, guys like daniels, boozer, sweetney, wade still have to prove themselves and guys like Daniels have to fight for deals while these Euro guys are getting contracts and can't play a lick, and this is why I say that stern has catered to euro players, he has made this league so Euro friendly (no defense, soft play) that nowadays when you find a team that plays defense it is almost a phenomenon... Look at the mavs, they score a lot but play no defense, and when you really look at it they are not that great at scoring but the league is so weak at defending. I dissagree that you have to loosen the rules to encourage more scoring, all you have to do is build teams that have guys who can play the game, that is defend and score. Look back in the days of magic, bird and even the old Denver Nuggets teams that used to average well over 100ppg. and they did it in a league that played defense. Look at Jordan and the bulls, they scored points and the games were exciting , and yes they even did this in a era of Detroit and the bad boy pistons, and why, because the bulls had guys who can score and play the friggin game.. Today this league has ushered in a bunch of guys who are highlight seeking fools, guys who know nothing about the game...
EnySpree

5/7/2004  6:28 PM
Maybe you can understand TKF.

The argument is stagnant. The banwagon media pricks 0 - the basketball geeks revolutionaries 0.

Fight the power!
martin
USA
5/7/2004  6:51 PM
Posted by tkf:

Matin: I don't want to argue, I just want a good convo and you made some good points, I agree that stern is all about marketing and appealing to the fans and that is true, but my point is that with all these changes, have we truly seen wide open basketball? Has the scoring increased? I mean the pistons are still shutting people down, and teams like the Hawks, clippers, Bulls and magic are not only a disgrace but they still can't put the ball in the hoop!! I agree with enyspree, this league is so watered down and full of BS, guys like daniels, boozer, sweetney, wade still have to prove themselves and guys like Daniels have to fight for deals while these Euro guys are getting contracts and can't play a lick, and this is why I say that stern has catered to euro players, he has made this league so Euro friendly (no defense, soft play) that nowadays when you find a team that plays defense it is almost a phenomenon... Look at the mavs, they score a lot but play no defense, and when you really look at it they are not that great at scoring but the league is so weak at defending. I dissagree that you have to loosen the rules to encourage more scoring, all you have to do is build teams that have guys who can play the game, that is defend and score. Look back in the days of magic, bird and even the old Denver Nuggets teams that used to average well over 100ppg. and they did it in a league that played defense. Look at Jordan and the bulls, they scored points and the games were exciting , and yes they even did this in a era of Detroit and the bad boy pistons, and why, because the bulls had guys who can score and play the friggin game.. Today this league has ushered in a bunch of guys who are highlight seeking fools, guys who know nothing about the game...

a post I understand.

i still disagree that Stern is catering to Euros. In any way.

Stern and the NBA wants to make lots of money. They have changed the rules to make the game more watchable. Period. No emphasis on any group of geographic players. Another way Stern makes beaucoup $$$ is by creating a new team and charging them zillions. More teams DOES lead to the watering down of talent. Who traditionally fills those spots? High schoolers, early college exits and international players. Of the international players Europe has the best leagues, so they have the most players that migrate to the NBA. Does this mean Stern is catering to Euros? No, it's just a coincidence that it has happened.

High schoolers and Euro guys (and other international guys) are getting contracts because of their mystique and unrealized potential. You know what? Stern wants to STOP (or slow) THIS TREND. Age limits. Rookie contracts. Limits on contract buyouts. It's the players union that has stopped him.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/7/2004  6:59 PM
guy get your facts straight. Tony Parker was not hyped--in fact he was the last or second to last pick in the first round by SA after RC Buford watched him in the hoops summitt--yep they picked him because he caught their eye going against the USA select under 21 team. Marbury was as hyped as you can get--this kid was nothing--NOBODY knew of him and was bypassed in the draft by every team. The guy is an emerging superstar. The Lakers are conceding they cant guard him. Marbury is a great player, but there are several comprable players but the KEY is those PG are not the franchise player. And the Knicks need a player who is comparable to Marbury in the post then fill out the roster with solid role players. Good luck finding that pivot!
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

5/7/2004  7:37 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

guy get your facts straight. Tony Parker was not hyped--in fact he was the last or second to last pick in the first round by SA after RC Buford watched him in the hoops summitt--yep they picked him because he caught their eye going against the USA select under 21 team. Marbury was as hyped as you can get--this kid was nothing--NOBODY knew of him and was bypassed in the draft by every team. The guy is an emerging superstar. The Lakers are conceding they cant guard him. Marbury is a great player, but there are several comprable players but the KEY is those PG are not the franchise player. And the Knicks need a player who is comparable to Marbury in the post then fill out the roster with solid role players. Good luck finding that pivot!

There weren't too many points available. In that draft from what I understand.

Another thing....In NY, I'm almost certain there are only two types of fans. Knick fans and guys that just wanna hate the Knicks and love the hottest thing in the league.

Where are all the Bulls fans from the Jordan era.....they turned to Laker fans now they are Spurs fans....

coinyo
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
5/7/2004  10:16 PM
the third kind is ignorant pendejos who consistently don't know what they're talking about.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2004  12:10 AM
Top euros are professionals at age 16 andhave to buy out their own contracts if they want NBA. Yes, they must put uptheir own money. NBA pays a premium, or they won't come. THey can shoot the ball.

There are players that have to scratch and claw their way to the top. THe nba life is only real sweet for just a few players.

Marbs, poor marbs has been making great money, and got extended for max money. He gets paid tens of millions, and ONLY gets crap for his grammer.

Look man, I see where your going, you want to pull the card out and use it, go ahead.

Sounds like you like point guards the most.

The more you rant about Parker, the more I like him.

Steph came out 9 years ago, things were different then.

Kenny Anderson was a dissapointment in the NBA.

Tiny archibald played in Kansas City and led the league in scoring and assist in one season. THey did not have cable or nearly as many games on the tube. He was buried in KC. But he was known, and regared as the best point then. Stern was not Commish then.

7 foot dudes that have fundamentals are prospects. American monster players whom cant hit a free throw, have bad foot work, and little game are a dime a dozen. But they can run and dunk. Those guys, like E-Robb whom got huge money are going by the way side and are killing the game, not the Euros. E-Rob, Darius Miles, are not fundamentally sound in there games.
tkf
5/8/2004  12:44 AM
nalod, the E-robs of the league are not hurting this game, E-rob is a good player in a bad situation, he performed well in charlotte, he worked his way up to earn that contract, yes he may be overpaid, but he won't be the first or last, and as far as miles go but miles is a skilled player, plays multiple positions and plays Defense, I guess you haven't seen any blazers games at all this year, but since you mentioned those guys for some reason, what about the Jake Tskalidias, the bust like Nikoloz skitzvili, the Deer in the headlight looking Darko Milicic, our very own Trybynski, what about those guys, guys who get looks because their last name is non-american? Like someone said before If keith van horn's name was Keith van vujajic or some european name, he would be heralded as a 6'10 guy who can shoot, score and play multiple positions, but because his last name is van horn he is a soft white stiff... This is the hypocicy of this league. Martin says that Stern is not catering to the euros but in his attempts to take this game global he has bent over backwards to change this game.... The sad thing is that all the big men in the US are becomming jump shooters because the NBA is becomming a league of jumpshooters, with the zone and the NBA rules allowing guys to flop instead of playing defense(ala Vladi Divac) it has become a joke for the true post player, that is why shaq has threatened to retire... If you think that there are better european propects than guys like sweetney, boozer, Eddy curry, Tyson chandler, Emeka Okafor, chris Wilcox, then you are nuts.... Don't believe the hype...

[Edited by - tkf on 05/08/2004 00:48:17]
EnySpree

5/8/2004  11:58 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Top euros are professionals at age 16 andhave to buy out their own contracts if they want NBA. Yes, they must put uptheir own money. NBA pays a premium, or they won't come. THey can shoot the ball.

There are players that have to scratch and claw their way to the top. THe nba life is only real sweet for just a few players.

Marbs, poor marbs has been making great money, and got extended for max money. He gets paid tens of millions, and ONLY gets crap for his grammer.

Look man, I see where your going, you want to pull the card out and use it, go ahead.

Sounds like you like point guards the most.

The more you rant about Parker, the more I like him.

Steph came out 9 years ago, things were different then.

Kenny Anderson was a dissapointment in the NBA.

Tiny archibald played in Kansas City and led the league in scoring and assist in one season. THey did not have cable or nearly as many games on the tube. He was buried in KC. But he was known, and regared as the best point then. Stern was not Commish then.

7 foot dudes that have fundamentals are prospects. American monster players whom cant hit a free throw, have bad foot work, and little game are a dime a dozen. But they can run and dunk. Those guys, like E-Robb whom got huge money are going by the way side and are killing the game, not the Euros. E-Rob, Darius Miles, are not fundamentally sound in there games.

Fundamentally sound means that one guy had a coach showing him what he saw in an american video....probably Pistol Pete's tapes or something.

If a guy can dunk he has no fundamentals? I agree that Miles and alot of other young guys have alot to learn about the game, but these Euro's are the same way. They can shoot and have foot work but they have no sense of inside play, and none of them play defense.

Saying they were professionals in Euro since 16 is bogus cuz some of these HighSchool leagues are about same competition as the the junior leagues.
Just as the Euro league is on the same level as the College Game.

And no I'm not a And 1 mixtape feen if that's what you were getting at about the "sounds like you like point guards" bull crap. I like the game. I'd watch a bunch of retards play a bunch of cripple midgets run a full court 32 by two's.

Just read my signature and free your mind of the bullshyte my man.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/8/2004  12:23 PM

There weren't too many points available. In that draft from what I understand.

Another thing....In NY, I'm almost certain there are only two types of fans. Knick fans and guys that just wanna hate the Knicks and love the hottest thing in the league.

Where are all the Bulls fans from the Jordan era.....they turned to Laker fans now they are Spurs fans....

1st point is void of logic-if the player was so hyped then he wouldnt be the last player picked in the first round. I read the story of why they picked Tony Pakrer and lets say he was not hyped at all. Makes just a litle sense since he went 30th.

Im as big a Knick fan as you get. Yeah Im a big fan of my kids as well. When I believe that the Knick organization has royally fcd up and I know that this will set back the franchise for years sans miracles it's very dissapointing. It doesnt make you any less of a fan if you dont wear rose-colored glasses. If your kid does something stupid, do you cheer him or try to correct it? Im flexible-IF Isiah's plans include things I dont expect like miracle MLE's and something other than patchwork, I will be very happy to concede I was wrong. But I have seen very little to suspect that outcome, IMHO:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
OT: Tony Parker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy