[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Tony Parker
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/6/2004  2:25 PM
I still dont get this discussion at all. Tony's a good player that has played great at times, and erratic at other times. We was simply awesome last night and has been more consistant all year.

He's a bigtime IMPACT player for a title team thats making another run. Sorry if the comparison to Fisher is just silly.

By the way what has Steve Francis and Marbury done in this league for years now, except make a lot of money? Marbury (love him, glad we have him) has never won a playoff series and Francis finally just made it this year.

Tony Parker (#28th over all) is another example of how trading draft picks has ruined our franchise over the Layden years. Isiah traded picks and prospects on a player we wanted to build a team around. Layden traded picks for Erick Strickland, Mark Jackson and Othella Harrington. Thanks again Scott, for all your great years.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/6/2004  2:31 PM
guys on winning teams get watched more and earn more attention. Rod Strickland's teams SUCKED. This is the most retarded thread ever.

Ben Wallace's first year with Det: 13 rebs, 6 points, 2.3 blocks.
Det was 32-50 and Ben Wallace was a one dimensional role player that would never be a part of a great team because when he's on the floor its 4 on 5 because he's so bad on offense its a joke.

Ben Wallace's second year with Det: 13.5 rebs, 6 points, 3.4 blocks
Wow, Look at how Big Ben changes the game. Defensive player of the year. What a great asset for the Piston... by the way their record was 50-32 that next year and they only added Cliff Robinson.

Maybe Ben just started getting more recognition because he spoke better.. who knows?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/6/2004  2:35 PM
fish: I agree with your point on how layden wasted picks, but I think the point enyspree is making with this thread is how sick he and we are of all this Tony Parker mania, the guy has a few good games and now all the bone riding starts, As far as marbs and Francis goes, neither guy has a Tim duncan around him, that is the point, yet Parker has duncan and all of a sudden he is a top PG... that doesn't make sense to me... Everyone forgets how bad he looked in last years finals at times yet they are quick to praise him for a few good games.. I think this thread is pretty clear...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/6/2004  2:36 PM
Rod Strick is Ghetto? That a reason for his DWI's?

We had mark Jackson and Rod Strickland here at one point. We traded them both! Not enough Star power back then. Star Phuched. We traded 26 year old Mark Jackson for Over the hill Doc Rivers. Anybody remember whom we traded Strick for?

W-i-n-n-i-n-g makes the poster boy. Stayingout of trouble helps.

Tony wins. Winners get the hype. THe arguments are silly here today.

If steph doe not win, he will not be the toast of the town. THe press will do him good. Thats the price man.

Carmelo and Lebron got all the hype this year. Baron gets hype. But in the playoffs, the winners get hyped.

when marbs does something, he will get lots and tons of hype.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
5/6/2004  2:37 PM
Tony steal your girl or something? This is the dumbest post I'v read in a while.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
USA
5/6/2004  2:42 PM
That's what I get for trying to bash a NBA poster boy.

I already stated my case in a previous post.
Tony Parker still ain't nothing.

Tony got a ring, Marbs got the Cred. Which is tangable?

Steph has a shoe. Tony got a ring.
tkf
5/6/2004  3:04 PM
stop acting like mark Jacson got traded straight up for Rivers, there was also a guy in that trade named charles smith who was tearing it up with the clippers then.. Strickland was traded for a over the hill maurice cheeks. What is your point?

Again you are missing the point of the thread.....

and so what. Derek fisher, Speedy Claxton, and hell even BJ armstrong have rings.... Payton, kidd, steph, Baron, even Stockton have no rings.. so I guess they are not as good? again, what is your point?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/6/2004  3:06 PM
Lets put it this way, Take Duncan+ current spurs team and add any decent point guard.. ala speedy claxton, and andre miller and you still win rings... Take that same forumla and add, steph, kidd, or Baron Davis and you win rings in dominant fashion.... again... what is your point, stop acting as if Parker is leading the spurs to rings, it is all about duncan man!!! Stop twisting...
jazz74
Member: #371
5/6/2004  3:10 PM
Posted by Panos:
it is good to see parker making payton look old and worn out. he deserves it from being a sellout.

A sell out? How do you figure?! He took a pay cut!

hmmm? how can we start? well, he came over to ride the coat tails of two established stars to try to attain a championship instead of thinking it through. he just assumed that since malone was signed and shaq and bryant are superstars with rings that he can just join that team and the ceremony will begin. he said earlier in the season that he would do everthing phil asks of him and then the past month complain about how the lakers have been playing for the past four years and unhappy. sellout and dumb. he did not think this out. if he wanted a championship in a system that would utililize his skills he should not have gone to the lakers. if he went to the pacers, pistons or even houston, they could be talking about champioships right now.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/6/2004  4:45 PM
spurs have a marbury or a baron davis in tony parker. spurs win because they have duncan this is true--but they win championships because of the team and management+coaching. They have a defined style of play--they drafted well and have managed their cap so they have financial flexibility almost every year. If you want to say they just win because they have the best player? One word Wilt. how many rings? you have a dominant player you have a style of play you have good coaching and the right assortment of players around the dominant player. Is MJ MJ without Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant--NO/
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/6/2004  5:20 PM
oh man, I was hoping that this thread would die a quick death.

Verily, I expect better out of some of the poster. Wow. Shocked.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
5/6/2004  7:51 PM
Lemme see….lets start a hate thread on a player that is accomplishing something in the playoffs our player(s) failed to do ? …..Sorry hombre, you are now this forum’s first recipient of “just shut the phuck up award”
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/6/2004  10:23 PM
Posted by tkf:

the point enyspree is making with this thread is how sick he and we are of all this Tony Parker mania, the guy has a few good games and now all the bone riding starts, As far as marbs and Francis goes, neither guy has a Tim duncan around him, that is the point, yet Parker has duncan and all of a sudden he is a top PG... that doesn't make sense to me... Everyone forgets how bad he looked in last years finals at times yet they are quick to praise him for a few good games.. I think this thread is pretty clear...

So tip toe through the window, through the tulips, that's where I'll be so tip toe throught the tulips with me

hey guys you wanna see something funny? watch Tony Parker fall in this clip. http://www.30mb.com/x/rady/marbury_in_action.wmv

Screw Tony Parker.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

5/6/2004  10:34 PM
Posted by Bobby:

Lemme see….lets start a hate thread on a player that is accomplishing something in the playoffs our player(s) failed to do ? …..Sorry hombre, you are now this forum’s first recipient of “just shut the phuck up award”

You are a pee pee rider(PG rating).....

Tony was benched for Speedy Claxton last year. Claxton lead the Spurs to the Finals if you wanna get snippy.

This year Tony is finally playing well.....but if Duncan isn't there the Spurs would be toast.
If Kidd signed with Duncan and the Spurs Tony Parker would be either on the bench or on a mediocre Nets team.

Duncan on the Knicks instead of KT and you win every year until Duncan retires.

Get off the bandwagon!!!!!!
Yeah he's good but is he all of a sudden a hall of famer?

He has a ring so he's the man? He didn't even help to get that ring. Claxton did.

Marbury made Tony look silly last year. Marbury has never accomplished nothing....like you do it all by yourself.

Let's see what happens when Isiah get's this team on the right track.

Guys like to make posts about how Marbury can't play defense or that he can't jump.....stupid stuff....but if I say Tony PArker is a bum then the whole world wants to burn a me at the stake.

Wake up and smell the basketball.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
5/6/2004  10:43 PM
Nobody said nothing until you jumped on parker with Star Phuching in your eye.

Isiah is not some mystic with great powers. He made some nice trades that hold some promise.

The logo is the only one with those powers, and some thought he was nuts his first 6 months.

The media is trying to spin a buzz on the Spurs, cuz they taking the lake show to task, and the spurs are not very charasmatic. Just good hoop, and great coaching. Parker is a part of the team.

Your post sounded like like sour grapes.....

Nobody taking anything away from Marbs. His success is based on Isiah putting the right players around him. BUt the question will linger if he can make those around him better. Peace
EnySpree

5/6/2004  11:03 PM
Marbury had The Martix, a rookie in Stoudamire, Penny and a bunch of uno cards and his Pheonix team scared the poopy out of the Spurs. That series was the hardest to win that whole run.

With that being said you have to have the players to win.

Knicks got embarrassed with Marbury being the first and only option. Are the Knicks just supposed to win with Marbury alone.

You need players to win.

No sour grapes. You just need to get off Tony's balzack.

Tony has been put on a pedistal since he's been drafted. They keep saying his age. Marbury came into the league at the same age. Marbury at 19 and Tony at 19 is like night and day. Marbury has had nothing but flap from everyone since he was in High School.

Kenny Anderson was the man at 19 and he had to go through it too.

I could name a fleet of names. Tony Parker has been put up on a pedistal for no reason.

I'm not hating, going through menopause, or any other cliche you heard or read by some media idiot

I'll argure this until the moderators lock this post. Tony just last year was everyone's favorite bum now he's a "great player".
Ya iget's

[Edited by - enyspree on 05/06/2004 23:07:50]
tkf
5/7/2004  12:43 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bobby:

You are a pee pee rider(PG rating).....

Tony was benched for Speedy Claxton last year. Claxton lead the Spurs to the Finals if you wanna get snippy.

This year Tony is finally playing well.....but if Duncan isn't there the Spurs would be toast.
If Kidd signed with Duncan and the Spurs Tony Parker would be either on the bench or on a mediocre Nets team.

Duncan on the Knicks instead of KT and you win every year until Duncan retires.

Get off the bandwagon!!!!!!
Yeah he's good but is he all of a sudden a hall of famer?

He has a ring so he's the man? He didn't even help to get that ring. Claxton did.

Marbury made Tony look silly last year. Marbury has never accomplished nothing....like you do it all by yourself.

Let's see what happens when Isiah get's this team on the right track.

Guys like to make posts about how Marbury can't play defense or that he can't jump.....stupid stuff....but if I say Tony PArker is a bum then the whole world wants to burn a me at the stake.

Wake up and smell the basketball.

excellent post.... excellent...
jazz74
Member: #371
5/7/2004  8:22 AM
well, lets put it in perspective. two years ago, when the lakers beat the spurs, what was the main factor there? no guard who can consistently penetrate ( avery johnson) and no clutch shooting to help duncan. with parker they solved both problems. i am just giving credit. someone made a good point, either nalod or enyspree, about people pumping up the " choir boy" players ( parker, duncan etc.) and trash the " bad boys" ( marbury, iverson, etc.) this playoff is a key example. people are talking about what parker did but is anyone really talking about what sheed is doing in detroit? he is one of the main reason if not the main reason why they are doing well with his defense and rebounding. ultimate team player but he won't make news unless he is outside waiting to jump a ref. this has been going on fifteen years in sports period ( i actually think foot ball is worse with the media stone throwing). unfortunately we have to get use to it. i mean we can go on about sociological and cultural debates forever ( colin powell vs. al sharpton?). and i agree that it is messed up. so we have to blame parker or take our anger out on parker becuase of the media? i think the point is that he is having an excellent playoff run. he is the MAIN, not the only but main reason they are up two to one against the lakers. i would give him credit with or without tatoos.
Nalod
USA
5/7/2004  8:46 AM

I think sheed has gotten a fair amount of good press since his trade.

This guy was the poster boy of NBA hate and is getting good revues from teamates, coaches and the media. Its detroit and it will be a bigger story as they advance.

The West teams have been way over exposed all season.

Lebron and Carmello are way over hyped. Cleavland was on TV way more than they deserved, and losing last 8 of 9 games was never hyped. That was a freaking collapse and Lebron was spared. Carmello's hissy fits were also spared.

Tony is beyotch slapping payton and making a name for himself. The dude is being hyped and he's a nice kid. The kid is Euro and NBA likes to prop other players from different walks. I don't undestand the venom spit in his direction. For fans, to each his own! Peace
EnySpree

5/7/2004  10:06 AM
My venom is not spit towards Tony Parker it's spit towards fans who jump on bandwagons.

I already said you can't deny Tony Parkers play in these playoffs.

What isn't fair is that at 19 Marbury was a top 10 point guard. No one cared. The issue was that he should have stayed in school, he is ignorant and can't speak well. All Marbury does is play and people talk about his defense and jumping ability?

Guys like Tony Parker get free rides because the NBA see's the glitter in his eye.

Even hall of famers like Nate Archibald don't get props until they settle into a contolled setting like when he went to Boston.

Kenny Anderson was always a good point guard but he was traded left and right for no reason during his career. He made an all-star team. You never see all-stars get treated like that.

Rod Strickland was better than alot of point guards and he never got a all-star selection. You can argue that there were players better but how can you deny a guy that was 1st, second, or third every year in assists?

Chicago is still trying to trade Jamal Crawford. They benched him for no reason and drafted 2 point guards two years in a row. Crawford was on the bench until his play forced them to start him next to Hinrich this year. It's not fair.

It's not so much screw Tony Parker but screw this whole system.

The NBA needs a scape goat, a poster boy, a new NBA logo.

If Kidd decided he wanted to play with Duncan, Tony would still be on the bench or he would be on a bad team in New Jersey.

OT: Tony Parker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy