Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/2/2014  10:24 AM
knickscity wrote:
misterearl wrote:Fixed

gunsnewing wrote:"Step aside, I got this" - Shane Battier

On Saturday, Shane Battier made Melo work for his 26 points, denying or fronting him on more than half of his touches when guarded by the Heat stopper, according to ESPN Stats and Info. Only two of Carmelo’s eight field goals came with less than five seconds left on the shot clock, and they were contested. And Battier helped the Heat harass Anthony into seven turnovers.

18 total

yeah, it's safe to say that battier had a great night....solid defense and scored at will.

Thats how they win a lot of their games- their role players step up and push them over the Hump, be it Battier, Allen, Cole, Chalmers or Mike Miller (last season)- it's really annoying when you take Wade and Lebron's punches, then one of those role players suddenly becomes MJ! Seen it happen in nearly every playoff series with them.

AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/2/2014  11:08 AM
can't hang with the big boys
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/2/2014  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2014  12:04 PM
That beat down last night reminded me of last two playoffs...It put the Knicks' deficiencies front and center..We aren't much different than the team that lost to Boston when first Melo got here...Miami put the pressure on from the tip off and we couldn't handle it...It was surgical...Battier harassed Melo all game, Bron and Wade conserved their energy, sliced us and diced us the rest of the way...Awesome to watch if you are a Heat fan...Management needs to start looking at pieces they need to move to improve this team...
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/2/2014  12:32 PM
holfresh wrote:That beat down last night reminded me of last two playoffs...It put the Knicks' deficiencies front and center..We aren't much different than the team that lost to Boston when first Melo got here...Miami put the pressure on from the tip off and we couldn't handle it...It was surgical...Battier harassed Melo all game, Bron and Wade conserved their energy, sliced us and diced us the rest of the way...Awesome to watch if you are a Heat fan...Management needs to start looking at pieces they need to move to improve this team...

It reminded of me of the playoffs, in that the Heat upped their intensity for this game, and we just looked rattled. However, Amar'e and K-Mart weren't at full strength and Shump was out (who's good at limiting Wade).

I don't know why people are getting so angry and distraught over this game- they have the better coach, better players and better team and better record- I'd of loved to have got the win, but I wasn't expecting it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2014  12:37 PM
holfresh wrote:That beat down last night reminded me of last two playoffs...It put the Knicks' deficiencies front and center..We aren't much different than the team that lost to Boston when first Melo got here...Miami put the pressure on from the tip off and we couldn't handle it...It was surgical...Battier harassed Melo all game, Bron and Wade conserved their energy, sliced us and diced us the rest of the way...Awesome to watch if you are a Heat fan...Management needs to start looking at pieces they need to move to improve this team...
Its funny because I think prior to the season Woodson said he was set on three positions, point, center and small forwatd. Both Felton and Tyson should be moved in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2014  12:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Its funny because I think prior to the season Woodson said he was set on three positions, point, center and small forwatd. Both Felton and Tyson should be moved in my opinion.

And Melo kept at the 4...

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/2/2014  1:45 PM

Love Raymond Felton's toughness and blue collar attitude.

Do not like the fact he cannot dribble against token defensive pressure.

Like Raymond as a shooting guard. We have plenty of those.

We need a point guard who can impose his will and get the offense in gear earlier in the shot clock.

once a knick always a knick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/2/2014  1:52 PM
Can't really expect much from this team when very few of our guards take it to the rim consistently, get to the foul line. Melo played like Battier got inside his head. A rookie, Hardaway is the most clutch player on this team. Team D looks just as bad at times and no Bargs in sight. Tyler looked like a rookie for the first time since coming back. Their front line was too big to out muscle.
GustavBahler

2/2/2014  2:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Can't really expect much from this team when very few of our guards take it to the rim consistently, get to the foul line. Melo played like Battier got inside his head. A rookie, Hardaway is the most clutch player on this team. Team D looks just as bad at times and no Bargs in sight. Tyler looked like a rookie for the first time since coming back. Their front line was too big to out muscle.

Edit: Tyler isn't a rookie. But he looked raw first the first time since coming back.

misterearl
USA
2/2/2014  2:02 PM
GustavBahler - a guard who can get to the rim is getting greedy.

I would be ecstatic with a guard who can dribble with his head up inside the three point line.

GustavBahler

2/2/2014  2:05 PM
misterearl wrote:GustavBahler - a guard who can get to the rim is getting greedy.

I would be ecstatic with a guard who can dribble with his head up inside the three point line.

Can't go far with guards who don't or can't penetrate.

misterearl
USA
2/2/2014  2:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
misterearl wrote:GustavBahler - a guard who can get to the rim is getting greedy.

Can't go far with guards who don't or can't penetrate.

Exactly

I miss Rick Brunson

holfresh

2/2/2014  5:12 PM
We have a lot of not ready for prime time players...We have seen this movie before...Turn up the pressure and then they fold like a lawn chair...Run two/three different defenders at Melo and wear him down...We need and another stud to take the pressure off...Tyson, Felton, Chump and JR ain't good enough...This movie is getting boring...
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/3/2014  9:40 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Why are we talking about Dantoni. He left 3yrs ago

this from someone still talking about Gallo Moz Wilson. that was 4 years ago.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/3/2014  9:44 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:can't hang with the big boys

Brilliant analysis. Why did this happen, again?
Thursday January, 9 8:00 PM EST vs Heat Win 102-92 By 10

holfresh

2/3/2014  11:04 AM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Why are we talking about Dantoni. He left 3yrs ago

this from someone still talking about Gallo Moz Wilson. that was 4 years ago.

You mean "assets"..

Knicks vs Heat Pre Superbowl Feast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy