Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/1/2014  11:27 PM
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Maybe if we had an actual offense that was beyond High School level, we might get some better shots. Most of our sets don't lead to anything. We just dance around on the perimeter going East and West. NOTHING at the basket. F WOODY!!!!

I don't know why the knicks faithful can't see this

Who has ever defneded woody? The difference is that we dont excuse the players and put everything on teh coach. Woody has issues thats very clear BUT the players deserve just as much blame

Good coaches know how to play to his teams strengths, woody just says go out t

there boys and score some points and while you are at it stop the other team from scoring more than you.

That's graveyard talk !

So do you hold the players accountable at all?

Of course I do, when Woody puts them in a position to win. When the opposing coach knows how to coach, Woodrow has no answer when it comes to strategy.

Im not defending woody in fact i do agree he sets not plays on offense BUT i hate when players domt get any blame it just isnt fair
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/1/2014  11:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Maybe if we had an actual offense that was beyond High School level, we might get some better shots. Most of our sets don't lead to anything. We just dance around on the perimeter going East and West. NOTHING at the basket. F WOODY!!!!

Who has ever defneded woody? The difference is that we dont excuse the players and put everything on teh coach. Woody has issues thats very clear BUT the players deserve just as much blame

there boys and score some points and while you are at it stop the other team from scoring more than you.

That's graveyard talk !

I know that D'Antoni didn't scout opponents. His peers talked about it and he was called out for it. The knicks didn't even have scouting reports for their players until his third season. This was all out there and in the media. I think woodson is easy to criticize but I am wondering what evidence there is to show that he does nothing to prepare his team or game plan. Can you share your sources?

Crush, listen to his postgame interviews does he ever mention it.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2014  11:28 PM
A tale of two shooting guards. Hardaway shoots for 3 hours prior to games Shump lifts weights.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

2/1/2014  11:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:A tale of two shooting guards. Hardaway shoots for 3 hours prior to games Shump lifts weights.
i still dont thnk of shump as a shooting guard. he is more of a SF
CrushAlot
USA
2/1/2014  11:33 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:A tale of two shooting guards. Hardaway shoots for 3 hours prior to games Shump lifts weights.
i still dont thnk of shump as a shooting guard. he is more of a SF
One of his strengths was his versatility. He played some point at Tech. He needs to stop lifting prior to games. If Shump could achieve his potential he is another Lance Stephenson.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2014  11:40 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Why are we talking about Dantoni. He left 3yrs ago

THANK YOU!!! People just want to take shots at anyone who says anything bad about Woodson, most often it's directed at me, but now it's just the default response. This is about Woodson and this Knicks team. No we don't have a great roster, but it should be better than this. There's no excuse for the record this year. There's no excuse for the way Woody has coached in the playoffs. He just hasn't shown anything special. People give him too much credit for the win streaks and 54 wins, but IMO a lot of that is just Melo and the team being hot. Outside of the streaks there a lot of bad BB if you really look at his record here.

I'm just going by what I see. He lucked into the small ball offense last year and then abandoned it this year completely until now. But what bothers me is that there's no depth to it. He hasn't added or tweaked it in any way. 3's and Melo being hot is not a dependable offense. He has Felton and Prigs who aren't dynamic PG's but he hasn't added anything to help make them better or play to their strengths. We go East and West or Pound the ball with guys standing and watching. Who can defend this crap?

Dagger
Member: #4184

2/1/2014  11:46 PM
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:

That's graveyard talk !

So do you hold the players accountable at all?

Of course I do, when Woody puts them in a position to win. When the opposing coach knows how to coach, Woodrow has no answer when it comes to strategy.

If he had any sense at this point he would be running plays for Hardaway already. Of course the players suck too but might as well try to get something going

CrushAlot
USA
2/1/2014  11:55 PM
nixluva wrote:

THANK YOU!!! People just want to take shots at anyone who says anything bad about Woodson, most often it's directed at me, but now it's just the default response. This is about Woodson and this Knicks team. No we don't have a great roster, but it should be better than this. There's no excuse for the record this year. There's no excuse for the way Woody has coached in the playoffs. He just hasn't shown anything special. People give him too much credit for the win streaks and 54 wins, but IMO a lot of that is just Melo and the team being hot. Outside of the streaks there a lot of bad BB if you really look at his record here.

I'm just going by what I see. He lucked into the small ball offense last year and then abandoned it this year completely until now. But what bothers me is that there's no depth to it. He hasn't added or tweaked it in any way. 3's and Melo being hot is not a dependable offense. He has Felton and Prigs who aren't dynamic PG's but he hasn't added anything to help make them better or play to their strengths. We go East and West or Pound the ball with guys standing and watching. Who can defend this crap?

One guy is convicted of not game planning and scouting the other guy is being accused. Peers and the media discussed D'Antoni's not scouting. And D'Antoni and the Knicks didn't use advance scouts until his third year when players were presented with a packet of notes about their opponents tendencies. Other coaches, and the media accused D'Antoni of this. Posters are accusing Woodson of this. There was evidence with Mike D both with the teams performance and what was disclosed by peers and the media. None of that has come up with Woodson. If that evidence is there please share it.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/2/2014  12:20 AM
I dunno wtf CrushAlot is trying to say
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/2/2014  12:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2014  1:29 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:We aren't going to beat the Heat if Super Melo doesn't show up..

Having one player on that level is not getting you anywhere. Keep giving up draft picks and assets

Please name those so called "assets"..

Gallo
Chandler
Mozgov
Lin

And all the complementary picks we threw in deals

Going too far back to try for points. Why not go back to the Sky Walker?

Because we havent had any assets to improve the team since then.

The measley remaining ones were trade for Bargnani

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/2/2014  1:17 AM
I am not too upset about the loss because of the self inflicted wounds. I don't like that they went away from what worked against Miami before. I also do not like Woodson's need to play big. Also, they need to trade Metta and Beno if they are not going to be used.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/2/2014  2:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

One guy is convicted of not game planning and scouting the other guy is being accused. Peers and the media discussed D'Antoni's not scouting. And D'Antoni and the Knicks didn't use advance scouts until his third year when players were presented with a packet of notes about their opponents tendencies. Other coaches, and the media accused D'Antoni of this. Posters are accusing Woodson of this. There was evidence with Mike D both with the teams performance and what was disclosed by peers and the media. None of that has come up with Woodson. If that evidence is there please share it.

This is not about MDA and the things Woodson has done wrong have no bearing on MDA. I've seen MDA in playoff situations and he can coach. MDA's teams that made it to the Conference Finals played good BB to get there in a tough Western Conf. From what i've seen from Woodson so far in his career i've seen nothing that makes me think he's a capable coach in a playoff situation. IMO if you can lead your teams to the WCF's twice amongst very tough competition then you have to be doing something right. In particular MDA found a way to win with Nash, Marion, Bell and Diaw as key core players. To get this team to the WCF's was good coaching.

Player Age G GS MP AST PTS
Shawn Marion 27 81 81 40.3 1.8 21.8
Steve Nash 31 79 79 35.4 10.5 18.8
Raja Bell 29 79 79 37.5 2.6 14.7
Boris Diaw 23 81 70 35.5 1.0 13.3
Leandro Barbosa 23 57 11 27.9 2.8 13.1
Tim Thomas 28 26 10 24.4 0.7 11.0
Eddie House 27 81 0 17.5 0.1 9.8
James Jones 25 75 24 23.6 0.8 9.3
Kurt Thomas 33 53 50 26.6 1.1 8.6
Jim Jackson 35 27 1 15.6 1.1 3.7
Pat Burke 32 42 0 8.2 0.4 3.4
Brian Grant 33 21 2 11.8 0.3 2.9
N Tskitishvili 22 12 0 1.0 0.3 2.8
Dijon Thompson 22 10 0 4.3 0.1 2.8
Amar'e Stoudemire 23 3 3 16.7 0.7 8.7
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/2/2014  3:20 AM
This loss is not woodsons fault, players played sloopy.. There is only 2 things I can be mad at with Woodson play Tyler more and run some plays for thjr and Tyler both are offensive gems... Also we need a pg not even all star caliber just a upgrade from Felton.. I wonder if we could get Nash from la for chandler Felton ...nice vet who can dish and hit the open j
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/2/2014  4:56 AM
Small Ball Produced More turnovers Than Assists

Q. nixluva - Who can defend this crap?

A. Evidently, the Heat can defend this crap. Miami led from start to finish

"The better team won" - Jeff Van Gundy

Here endeth the lesson

once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/2/2014  5:17 AM
"Step aside, I got this" - JVG
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/2/2014  5:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2014  5:28 AM
Fixed

gunsnewing wrote:"Step aside, I got this" - Shane Battier

On Saturday, Shane Battier made Melo work for his 26 points, denying or fronting him on more than half of his touches when guarded by the Heat stopper, according to ESPN Stats and Info. Only two of Carmelo’s eight field goals came with less than five seconds left on the shot clock, and they were contested. And Battier helped the Heat harass Anthony into seven turnovers.

18 total

once a knick always a knick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/2/2014  7:28 AM
No need for talk on this 1 better team won.
RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/2/2014  8:01 AM
misterearl wrote:Fixed

gunsnewing wrote:"Step aside, I got this" - Shane Battier

On Saturday, Shane Battier made Melo work for his 26 points, denying or fronting him on more than half of his touches when guarded by the Heat stopper, according to ESPN Stats and Info. Only two of Carmelo’s eight field goals came with less than five seconds left on the shot clock, and they were contested. And Battier helped the Heat harass Anthony into seven turnovers.

18 total

yeah, it's safe to say that battier had a great night....solid defense and scored at will.
StarksEwing1

2/2/2014  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2014  9:46 AM
Tim hardaway and JR had solid games. Melo Tyson and felton really struggled on both sides. The Heat were ultra motivated but i feel we still had a chance if our top guys buckled down in teh 4th
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/2/2014  10:20 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Tim hardaway and JR had solid games. Melo Tyson and felton really struggled on both sides. The Heat were ultra motivated but i feel we still had a chance if our top guys buckled down in teh 4th

Tim cant guard a dead cat.....gave up way more than he scored.
Knicks vs Heat Pre Superbowl Feast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy