2/1/2014  11:15 PM
Final  
NYK 91 MIA 106
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/1/2014  11:15 PM
holfresh wrote:We aren't going to beat the Heat if Super Melo doesn't show up..
We still had a chance even though Melo was having an off night. Chandlers offensive foul on hardaways 3 hurt. Felton looked terrible and really killed us
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2014  11:16 PM

Having one player on that level is not getting you anywhere. Keep giving up draft picks and assets

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/1/2014  11:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
misterearl wrote:Felton walks the ball up court to be trapped into throwing a cross court pass

It's a good thing a let Lin go for Raymond James Felton

Lin was awesome against the heat that season he was a Knick. Oh wait a minute...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2014  11:17 PM
playa2 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Maybe if we had an actual offense that was beyond High School level, we might get some better shots. Most of our sets don't lead to anything. We just dance around on the perimeter going East and West. NOTHING at the basket. F WOODY!!!!

I don't know why the knicks faithful can't see this

To me anyone who knows anything about the game and watches this team would see that we have a HORRIBLY simplistic offense. ALmost nothing we do except for PnR with Tyson is designed to get easy scores at the basket. We don't have enough motion to make defenses move and create openings. We don't have penetrating guards so we MUST run an offense with more picks and off ball motion in order to create open shots. Dribble Drive and kick is a dirty word around here. Curls, down screens, double picks, back cuts are few and far between. No misdirection either. It's obvious to 2nd graders what we want to do on offense and good teams can frustrate Woody's plans every time. We've been watching it for YEARS NOW!!!

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/1/2014  11:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Maybe if we had an actual offense that was beyond High School level, we might get some better shots. Most of our sets don't lead to anything. We just dance around on the perimeter going East and West. NOTHING at the basket. F WOODY!!!!

Who has ever defneded woody? The difference is that we dont excuse the players and put everything on teh coach. Woody has issues thats very clear BUT the players deserve just as much blame

Good coaches know how to play to his teams strengths, woody just says go out t

there boys and score some points and while you are at it stop the other team from scoring more than you.

That's graveyard talk !

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2014  11:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
misterearl wrote:Felton walks the ball up court to be trapped into throwing a cross court pass

Lin was awesome against the heat that season he was a Knick. Oh wait a minute...

Lin was 23. Felton is 30

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I think Lin had a triple double tonight. He at least had a double double. I was pretty locked into cuse and then the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:

Who has ever defneded woody? The difference is that we dont excuse the players and put everything on teh coach. Woody has issues thats very clear BUT the players deserve just as much blame

there boys and score some points and while you are at it stop the other team from scoring more than you.

That's graveyard talk !

So do you hold the players accountable at all?
holfresh
Member: #1081

gunsnewing wrote:

Having one player on that level is not getting you anywhere. Keep giving up draft picks and assets

Please name those so called "assets"..

playa2

2/1/2014  11:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
playa2 wrote:

To me anyone who knows anything about the game and watches this team would see that we have a HORRIBLY simplistic offense. ALmost nothing we do except for PnR with Tyson is designed to get easy scores at the basket. We don't have enough motion to make defenses move and create openings. We don't have penetrating guards so we MUST run an offense with more picks and off ball motion in order to create open shots. Dribble Drive and kick is a dirty word around here. Curls, down screens, double picks, back cuts are few and far between. No misdirection either. It's obvious to 2nd graders what we want to do on offense and good teams can frustrate Woody's plans every time. We've been watching it for YEARS NOW!!!

Man you ain't never lied about this.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2014  11:20 PM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Gallo
Chandler
Mozgov
Lin

And all the complementary picks we threw in deals

holfresh

2/1/2014  11:21 PM
Guys does it make sense to blame the coach when the Knicks don't beat the Heat and Pacers?...Never mind, why ask..
CrushAlot
USA
2/1/2014  11:21 PM
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:

That's graveyard talk !

I know that D'Antoni didn't scout opponents. His peers talked about it and he was called out for it. The knicks didn't even have scouting reports for their players until his third season. This was all out there and in the media. I think woodson is easy to criticize but I am wondering what evidence there is to show that he does nothing to prepare his team or game plan. Can you share your sources?
gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2014  11:22 PM
Why are we talking about Dantoni. He left 3yrs ago
holfresh

2/1/2014  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2014  11:28 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Gallo
Chandler
Mozgov
Lin

One guy on that list is a starter..And he shoots close to 40%..6'10" and pulling down 5 boards a game.."Assets"

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2014  11:23 PM
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:

That's graveyard talk !

I'll blame the players when I see an intelligent offense that is consistently run and smart adjustments to what other teams are doing on D. Woody NEVER has given this team a real solid offense that could adapt when defenses take away our bread and butter. All they have to do is stop Melo and we have NOTHING else. Woody doesn't run an offense that makes our role players better. He lucked into small ball last year and it took him forever and injuries to go back to that this year. Still he needs more than just playing small to actually win games against the better teams. Woody is a BUM of a coach and we've seen it in the playoffs for sure. He brings NOTHING to the table.

WHO HAS CONFIDENCE THAT WOODY CAN MATCH ANY OTHER GOOD COACH IN A PLAYOFF SERIES?

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/1/2014  11:24 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Gallo
Chandler
Mozgov
Lin

Going too far back to try for points. Why not go back to the Sky Walker?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
playa2

2/1/2014  11:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:

That's graveyard talk !

So do you hold the players accountable at all?

Of course I do, when Woody puts them in a position to win. When the opposing coach knows how to coach, Woodrow has no answer when it comes to strategy.

CrushAlot
USA
2/1/2014  11:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Why are we talking about Dantoni. He left 3yrs ago
Just responding to Playas take on what the coach did. What he is accusing Woodson of was out there with Mike D. If Woodson is mailing it in I would suspect that it would be out there as well. Writers have been critical of Woodson. They haven't said he doesn't scout opponents, game plan etc. And unlike D'Antoni, Woodson's peers haven't called him out for not scouting/game planning.
Knicks vs Heat Pre Superbowl Feast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy