[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Domininionism in the U.S. Military
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/1/2014  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2014  5:01 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:On yea ,many bad things. But Islam is the only religion that says to you, concretely, this is how to live.

Why do you feel compelled to talk out of your ass? Find me where it says that "blowing yourself up" is "how to live".

In the meantime, let's review a few rosey excerpts of Christianity:

Exodus 31:14: "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death; for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people."

Numbers 15:32-36:
While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13:
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

2 Thessalonians 3:6:
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

By no means am trying to suggest that one religion is better than the other. But to sit there and pretend that Christianity doesn't have comparable evils to Islam, is downright dishonest.

IronWillGiroud wrote:And there is no option you either do it or don't. Every other religion and belief system has been able to adapt to modern world because they are a little open ended.

Again, just plain ignorance. Have you never heard of the Amish? Do you not pay attention to the happenings in our country? We can't do anything about Global Warming or admit it's effects like raising sea levels. Why? Because as Joe Barton pointed out, the Lord promised Noah that he would never flood the planet...you know, facts. Can't teach evolution despite the near consensus of scientist. Why? Because the Bible never described that happening. The list goes on and on.

IronWillGiroud wrote:Islam is not adaptable and that's why it's the biggest threat to our way of life

And again I don't have to worry about lunatic Christians blowing me up when I go to vacation

And that's why we've had secular governments like Iraq, UAE, Jordan, etc.? And no, Christians won't blow you up on vacation....unless you happened to have been in Oslo in 2011 when Anders Breivik was around.

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation

2/1/2014  5:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2014  1:28 PM
jrodmc wrote:So it would make you feel more safe and cozy if a nice liberal scientific type who believes that we're all mutant apes with berserk brain growth in a pointless universe and no intrinsic worth has his/her hands on the big red buttons?

EXACTLY! Because I know that guy doesn't ascribe to any doctrine that could incentivize killing himself, lol. Obviously I'm joking to an extent, so don't get your panties in a bunch. The fact is that Domininionism is something different from mainstream Christianity. I wouldn't want someone who interprets the religion in this manner around nuclear weapons, no. I'm not sure why you think that would be a good idea.

jrodmc wrote:You really need to take your own phonics medicine. You're not condemning fundamentalists, just their possible existence in the military. And your dumbass conclusion is that only "bat-**** crazy" people exist in fundamentalist religious platforms. Hey, why don't you spend a few precious minutes looking up crimes that were perpetrated by calm, scientific atheists? See if you can come up with some dumbass conclusions from that little exercise.

I'm condemning Domininonists in the military, who are a type of fundamentalist Christian, yes. After watching that video and looking at the evidence Weinstein has found, you're not concerned?

jrodmc wrote:And I'm sorry Nard, but isn't there a huge apparatus currently in place to watch out for extreme Christians? It's called the ACLU, the NCSE. Maybe you've heard of them? Not sure what they're budget is, but they've been busy since the 1970's protecting you from even a smell of your crazed Christian fundamentalists. Apparently their work has obviously been successful in your case. And your friend Mickey. By the way, the baby Jesus says Boo!

Maybe you should take a look at what the ACLU actually does. It should help to stop you from making dumbass statements like the one you just made:

https://www.aclu.org/

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

2/2/2014  9:56 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:On yea ,many bad things. But Islam is the only religion that says to you, concretely, this is how to live.

Why do you feel compelled to talk out of your ass? Find me where it says that "blowing yourself up" is "how to live".

Exodus 31:14: "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death; for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people."

While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

By no means am trying to suggest that one religion is better than the other. But to sit there and pretend that Christianity doesn't have comparable evils to Islam, is downright dishonest.

IronWillGiroud wrote:And there is no option you either do it or don't. Every other religion and belief system has been able to adapt to modern world because they are a little open ended.

Again, just plain ignorance. Have you never heard of the Amish? Do you not pay attention to the happenings in our country? We can't do anything about Global Warming or admit it's effects like raising sea levels. Why? Because as Joe Barton pointed out, the Lord promised Noah that he would never flood the planet...you know, facts. Can't teach evolution despite the near consensus of scientist. Why? Because the Bible never described that happening. The list goes on and on.

IronWillGiroud wrote:Islam is not adaptable and that's why it's the biggest threat to our way of life

And again I don't have to worry about lunatic Christians blowing me up when I go to vacation

And that's why we've had secular governments like Iraq, UAE, Jordan, etc.? And no, Christians won't blow you up on vacation....unless you happened to have been in Oslo in 2011 when Anders Breivik was around.

islam is not defensible

islam is a serious problem for you and me and for our posterity,

get your head out of your ass and smell the coffee,

don't give me this happy go lucky bleeing heart stuff

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation

2/2/2014  1:26 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

islam is not defensible

If you have nothing but wild conjecture to offer, please stop posting. You have not contributed anything meaningful to this discussion.

NardDogNation

2/25/2014  1:19 PM
General 'Jerry' Boykin Says Gun-Toting Jesus Will Lead 'Mighty Army' During Second Coming

02/20/14 04:48 PM ET

Jesus is coming-- and he'll be carrying a really big gun when he does.

That's what former U.S. Lieutenant General William G. "Jerry" Boykin thinks, according to a speech he gave on behalf of the conservative Family Research Council at the WallBuilders' Pro-Family Legislators Conference, in which he describes his vision of the Second Coming of Christ, that he believes will be led by a blood-stained, gun-toting Jesus armed to the teeth with an AR-15 assault rifle.

Right Wing Watch obtained audio of the event, in which Boykin claims that Jesus literally wants everyone to buy assault weapons, because "it's biblical." He also cited Jesus as the inspiration behind the Second Amendment.

Boykin said:

The Lord is a warrior and in Revelation 19 it says when he comes back, he's coming back as what? A warrior. A might warrior leading a mighty army, riding a white horse with a blood-stained white robe ... I believe that blood on that robe is the blood of his enemies 'cause he's coming back as a warrior carrying a sword.

And I believe now - I've checked this out - I believe that sword he'll be carrying when he comes back is an AR-15.

Now I want you to think about this: where did the Second Amendment come from? ... From the Founding Fathers, it's in the Constitution. Well, yeah, I know that. But where did the whole concept come from? It came from Jesus when he said to his disciples 'now, if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.'

I know, everybody says that was a metaphor. IT WAS NOT A METAPHOR! He was saying in building my kingdom, you're going to have to fight at times. You won't build my kingdom with a sword, but you're going to have to defend yourself. And that was the beginning of the Second Amendment, that's where the whole thing came from. I can't prove that historically and David [Barton] will counsel me when this is over, but I know that's where it came from.

And the sword today is an AR-15, so if you don't have one, go get one. You're supposed to have one. It's biblical.

Guessed he missed the memo about"turning the other cheek."

This is far from Boykin's first controversial statement. He landed himself in national news in 2003, when it was revealed that while serving as a top Pentagon adviser to the Bush administration, he would regularly tell church audiences that the post 9/11 "war on terror" was, in fact, a spiritual battle between Muslims and "Christian America."

Boykin further elaborated on his impression of an aggressive, rough-and-ready Jesus during a Mens' Prayer Breakfast at William Jessup University, declaring, "He was a man. He was a man's man, but we feminized him in the church ... He was a tough guy and that's the Jesus that I want to be like. That's the side that I want to be like."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4826089

izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
3/6/2014  9:57 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

islam is not defensible

If you have nothing but wild conjecture to offer, please stop posting. You have not contributed anything meaningful to this discussion.

You chase the last guy willing to discourse with you out of the conversation. smh

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/6/2014  12:50 PM
izybx wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

islam is not defensible

You chase the last guy willing to discourse with you out of the conversation. smh

It's apparently the key to brilliant conversations.

NardDogNation

3/7/2014  6:32 PM
izybx wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

islam is not defensible

I have a higher standard for what I regard as "discourse".

Domininionism in the U.S. Military

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy