[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Things are so quiet with the Knicks............
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/3/2004  7:26 AM
I can even hear myself typing. There is nothing out there at all about the Knicks. I have checked everywhere for a little news, but the New York basketball sports media is silent. It is funny to me how unopportunistic New Yorkers can be. Now that they a huge opportunity to criticize what really went wrong with this team, instead of using it, they have chosen not to say anything. Why not bash Lenny for the mistakes that he made specially at the end of the season? why not criticise his inability to realize that Demarr should have at least been given a chance to prove that he wasn't worthy of playing the SG position? Why was he so obsessed with Anderson?

Holla @ me folks

[Edited by - diderotn on 05/03/2004 07:38:35]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2004  8:58 AM

2nd guessing is too easy.

Lots of folks have blasted Lenny, some claim it not his fault.

Internet chat rumor is just that, and its all about seeing a player do well in the playoffs, and figure out how the knicks can trade to get them.

I for one admire the spurs as its not a just about players and stats, but how well they go together. One star (dunncan) with role players making a great team. Nothing against Parker, his is quite good.

Any bad comments has to begin with the lack of support and options he has.

Why play shandon? Demarr cannot play defense, our rebound. Shandon can't shoot, but he is athletic and does other things. Im not defending him, but just explaining. Shandon makes 7 mil a year, and he gets to play. Shandon has shown during the year very nice offensive prowess at times, but its been nothing but inconsistant.

Isiah will need a few years to clean this out. The plan is to rebuild while keeping it relevent and the seats full.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2004  10:24 AM
thats because the truth is boring. The truth is this group never had an extended period to play together and when the playoffs finally came they were hurt.

If we play all of next year with exactly this same roster I can guarentee we at least get home court in round 1
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  10:32 AM
I disagree, this roster needs a lot of help, specially at the SG position. If we don't have a healthy Houston how in the world would we endup with home court? For one, Cleveland is a much improved team. As you can see, only the Raptors and Philly are the ones going backward. We will need to reequip our roster, get rid of Anderson and Kurt Thomas, we can perhaps accomplish exactly what you have said.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/3/2004  11:44 AM
Isaih has never been about making deals just to keep a team making money. He left Toronto because they wouldn't give him total power over personel decisions. The CBA fell because no one wanted to follow Isiah's lead.

Isiah wants to win and win badly. It's not about making Dolan's pockets fat. To Dolan maybe, but to Isiah his pride is too big to go out like that.

After the Marbury trade Stephen A. Smith said something similiar saying that Isiah is just trying to fill the seats at MSG. No....that is straight up ignorant. Isiah traded KVH and got a KVH clone in Tim Thomas plus a starting center. Great deal. Isiah made the Moochie Norris for Weatherspoon trade in order to get rid of Spoon....cuz he sucks!!! Plus Frank is one of the few trading pawns left and Moochie is one of the best back-ups who would assume that role easily.

Isiah know what he's doing.

I agree with diderotn....KT and Shandon have to go....they must be traded. Neither fit the way the Knicks are trying to play. The Knicks too are just an Isiah move away from becoming an elite team.

The Wins will start to pile up when the Knicks build up the talent base. Right now Clevland is a better team than the Knicks and will be better once they get the small forward they want(maybe Mashburn).

Tim Thomas, Marbury, Penny,....who else is reliable? Who else currently on the Knicks fit the style that these players sucseed in?

Isiah knows what he's doing....

[Edited by - enyspree on 05/03/2004 11:45:33]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  11:58 AM
Welly put my brother. We have a long way to go, but Isia will get us there. Knickebockers have to have a little patience.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2004  12:00 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Isaih has never been about making deals just to keep a team making money. He left Toronto because they wouldn't give him total power over personel decisions. The CBA fell because no one wanted to follow Isiah's lead.

Isiah wants to win and win badly. It's not about making Dolan's pockets fat. To Dolan maybe, but to Isiah his pride is too big to go out like that.

After the Marbury trade Stephen A. Smith said something similiar saying that Isiah is just trying to fill the seats at MSG. No....that is straight up ignorant.

I would agree with all of this... but I would not deny that there was a marketing boon for MSG and the Dolan family when Marb came over.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/3/2004  12:12 PM
Good post enyspree: but I will also add that isaih has added players to this team that have trade value, TT, Naz both have trade value and both are fairly young 26 and 27.. Next it is going to take some time for IT to rid this team of laydens mess and he has done a great job so far, lets not underestimate the value of making the playoffs, guys like Sweetney and frankie got valuable experience and we learned a lot about both players, especially frank, believe me other GM's in the league were watching... as far as the moochie/ spoon deal goes, the knicks saved over 3 million on that deal by getting rid of spoon, I know that is not a lot but 3 mil is 3 mil....

I look forward to seeing this team next season....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
5/3/2004  1:07 PM
we would definatly win homecourt (at least the 4th seed) even without Houston. This is not something I'm striving for but I have no doubt it would happen if the rest of our roster stayed relativly healthy.

If we had no Houston we could start Penny or Frank along with Marbury in the backcourt and be fine. Mia won the 4th seed w/ 42 wins. I have no doubt this team would win 45 games next year with our current roster. This is not a great accomplishment, mostly because we would be 4th only because the conference is so weak. I'm just saying we are not nearly as bad as BRIGGS would have you believe.

I am 100% convinced if we had Tim Thomas we would have at least one those 2 games at MSG against the Nets.

MUCH more than shooting guard we need an athletic defenisive presence in the post. KT plays hard but just isnt that good. Sweetney has the upside but its on offense and the boards. Nazr just doesnt play D and Deke is like 50.

Would Steve Jackson be nice? Sure he would. But as of right now my rotation for wing players is Marbury, Penny and Tim Thomas. Frank and Dermaar off the bench. Thats ok to me. Is it Jordan and Pippen? No, but when I compare that rotation to the bigs rotation of Kurt, Nazr, Sweetney, Baker and Mutumbo its pretty clear where our needs are.

This is why I would love to sign Mark Blount for the max MLE. He fits into the style of play; half court, own the boards and play defense. I want to build on those last 2 games at MSG where we played well enough to win, but just could not score (no TT, no Houston)

If we could do that then we could move Nazr to a team like Utah or Bos (both have 3 #1s each) and get a nice wing prospect with great hops like JR Smith. If we could do it before the June deadline we could get a handshake agreement and we would be set.

Sorry if I am unimpressed but Cav's total failure to win without Jeff McGinnis or the other "improving" teams in the East.

I'm not saying we are great, but we are good enough win a 4th seed in this conference (which gets an expansion team next year).

Nothing wrong with just being "good" so long as the pipeline is stil there. Frank and Sweetney will be good NBA players (hopefully for us). I dont know about DJ, but this is why I like signing Blount and getting a pick, just for this reason. Maybe Robert Swift, Dorell Wright, that great shooter from Europe.. Luka whatever.
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  1:08 PM
My ideal move is to see Isia trade Houston for a star like TMack, Pierce, or Kobe. Can it happen? With Isia, nothing is impossible.

I do believe that we will have a power house in N.Y next season. Also, look for the Knicks to remember what the Nets did to them this year. We need an @sshole in our team next season, someone that won't take no **** from anyone. Someone with balls.
fishmike
USA
5/3/2004  1:18 PM
I would say there is 99.9% Houston will be here, plain and simple.

Our best bet is for Dal to blow up their roster and we can hopefully move KT and an expiring deal for Jamison or something like that. Otherwise my guess is it will be pretty quiet
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  1:25 PM
Haven't you learned not to underestimate Isia yet??????
fishmike
USA
5/3/2004  2:09 PM
dont overestimate him either. I think he will make some good things happen, but asking him to move Houston and get Tmac or whoever back is just silly. Nobody is taking Allen's contract, Layden has ensured his legacy will live on here for a couple more years. I think we will see Isiah's REAL pull when the Shandon situation plays out. I think he's among the most untradeable players in the NBA (unless you want the exact same garbage back, Wahad). I'm curios to see if Dolan just lets Isiah waive him compleatly
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  2:36 PM
Last time I checked, Orlando has a similar contract with Hill that they are not getting anything for. As a result, they are restrain from improving that team. What better team is most suited to trade for Grant Hill and Tmack together? The Knicks can actually offer them a whole lot. How about Houston, Naser, Anderson, and Trebansky for Tmack and Hill????
diderotn
USA
5/3/2004  2:44 PM
Oh, they will have to include their #1 pick with that deal also.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2004  2:57 PM
Actually, I think that Orl would not incude a #1, but that NY would have to include either FWill or Sweets.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
5/3/2004  3:15 PM
I actually mentioned this a long time, although I'm not sure it was on this board. I think the risk is a little too high. Grant Hill is totally shot. If you could get 15-20 minutes a game for 50 games a year it would be a medical miracle. Meanwhile TMac (with a bad back) was part of a 17 game losing streak, got his coach fired and has FA pending.

There is an awfull lot of IFs considering if TMAC does stay your paying that duo close to $40 mill a year for the next 3 years. Is even MSG that rich?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2004  3:28 PM
marbury AND t-mac...

cocaine is a helluva drug (c)rick james
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2004  3:50 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

After the Marbury trade Stephen A. Smith said something similiar saying that Isiah is just trying to fill the seats at MSG. No....that is straight up ignorant. Isiah traded KVH and got a KVH clone in Tim Thomas plus a starting center. Great deal. Isiah made the Moochie Norris for Weatherspoon trade in order to get rid of Spoon....cuz he sucks!!! Plus Frank is one of the few trading pawns left and Moochie is one of the best back-ups who would assume that role easily.

Isiah know what he's doing.

Isiah knows what he's doing....

[Edited by - enyspree on 05/03/2004 11:45:33]

are we just a wee bit naive here?

We traded Doleac for Nazr also.

Isiah also has his detracters, and a trail of loose ends.

THe fact so many have bought into the pro-isiah camp is a testament to his hiring and the buzz he created.

Isiah get Donnie Walsh's credit for rebuilding Indy?
Isiah really did such a great job in Toronto? Carter was such a great coach? Why did the CBA not want to follow Isiahs lead?

Im not bashing Isiah, and I really hope he is the second coming of the Logo, but you have to look at him objectively, and when I do, I don't see the substance behind the hype.

The past is no indicater of the future, so there is hope.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/3/2004  6:29 PM
Fish......I agree if everyone is healthy they Knicks could win 45 games. Now I ask does 45 wins win you a championship? Does this team resemble a championship caliber team even if they develop chemistry?
Do they beat the teams out west?

Nope.

I wanna win the championship. Marbury is 27. He won't be forever. I'm not comfortable waiting a few years cuz before you know it Marbs is 31 like Kidd and missing time because he has a bum knee.

Look at Houston. They played Spree and Houston together too long. Spree is a special player cuz he seems like he's never hurt or tired. But Houston is now in the twilight of his basketball career. He's pushing 34 years old. To go into a season relying on a 34 year old Houston who said "it hurts really bad, guys. please believe me. I wish that I had a cast so you could see that I am truly rully in painy wainy. I need a cookie. We missed the playoffs for all these years and I'm not even gonna attempt to come back because I wanna be healthy for when I turn 35, 37 and get another contract. I have no heart." Houston doesn't have 10 years left being a decent player, he has 2.

Yeah the Knicks gotta get a Houston replacement even if Houston comes back healthy. Shandon is Houston's replacement and Shandon has proven all year how much he suck. Replace Stephen Jackson with Shandon in these playoffs and the Knicks may have won the series. Knicks can't just rely on one guy......

We gotta upgrade the talent.

Penny, Tim Thomas, Jackson, and Houston? In a swing man rotation? What?!?! Ok!!!

Baker is gonna get the minimum. Sweetney is most likely traded with Othella and KT. Nazr might even be traded. I like some of these guys but I love the Knicks.

In Isiah we trust.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Things are so quiet with the Knicks............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy