Member: #246
1/27/2014  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2014  9:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
RonRon wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:i've never heard of half the lakers roster, why do they keep giving coach d'antoni hobbled teams?

he'll be okay if they keep him through the rebuild and give him a point guard, lakers have more sense than us.

we had a great chance to cultivate d'antoni's coaching talents into an exciting, championship caliber team, but dolan chose to shoot his feet off

it wasn't really dolan in this case.. the teams so called star player( and I use that word loosely in this case) sabotaged the team because he couldn't iso all day... pretty much running dantoni out of town.. now that he got his father figure in woody, results are even worse and now child is turning on parent... go figure... Dolan gets less of the blame here...

Pretty sure Grunwald knew it wasn't working when he took over but was willing to give Mike a chance. However, he was going to build the team in a traditional manner, amnestying the point guard to get a center. Also, hiring Woodson to be the defensive assistant was because of Mike's poor job performance. D'Antoni wasn't going to win without a point guard no matter how good his frontline was. He resigned because what he was doing with a good roster wasn't working. Melo and Amare were both interviewed the day Mike left and both said they were shocked. Melo said that he texted Mike to see if he was ok. Remember D'antoni struggled to communicate and tried to present as an easy going go with the flow guy when he really was wound very tight. I think the Olympians truly thought Mike was just an easy going guy and had no clue that he was going to resign. Also, Mike's system caused D12 to take 35 mil less to get away from him.

no, that was not the case.. before the trade he had a good young team with cap space and picks, knicks had room to actually build a team that dantoni wanted.... then the trade came, and dantoni was doomed.. linsanity saved the season, but as soon as carmelo came back, the knicks went back into the same mess that was created when we traded for carmelo... he and amare didn't work together..

And dwight took less money to get away from Kobe... he didn't want to play with kobe... not many players in this league like playing with chuckers..

once again no clue:
D'Antoni is the biggest reason Howard doesn't want to play in Los Angeles. Howard doesn't feel D'Antoni's system is conducive to his style of play and doesn't want part in it, according to the ESPN source. Howard also wants to be the star of any team he's on, and he doesn't "want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons."

Hmm...chucking doesnt seem to be a factor. Rather this star didnt want to play for the same coach that Melo pushed out. So here we have typical TKF posting style of making stuff up and quoting half of a half of a fact and pretending he knows something about it. Move along, nothing to see here...

No, the biggest reason is because they LACK YOUNG TALENT TO BUILD WITH FOR THE FUTURE
Kobe still thinks he can play another 5 years at HIGH level while on his terms

Nash is done and cannot play DEF

The most important part is Pau (D12 wanted Pau to be traded for someone from the start) and D12 will NEVER work together, not with the lack of super athletic, old, and team mates that lack speed
In Houston, he instantly contends with A CORE for now and the future, with young players, and assets to continue to get better

In Kobe's own words "LET ME TEACH (DWIGHT) YOU HOW TO WIN A RING"
Kobe is arrogant, hobbled, not getting any younger, but still has confidence in himself over others
Will Kobe be able to be a productive player at this point is even a questionable at his age/injuries

D12 has no faith in the players on the team, dislikes Kobe's arrogance, with no faith in the road with management/cap space (Kobe UNWILLING TO TAKE A PAYCUT), and would waste at least 1 year in rebuilding (likely much more), and that is why he left
He made the correct decision by leaving for the best interest of WINNING by SIGNING WITH A TEAM WITH ASSETS AND BECOMING A SOLID CORE

Dantoni doesn't even have the talent to run his system and NEVER did last season
I don't even like Dantoni as a coach but I think his philosophy does work if used with the right group of talents, like many systems

But your need to defend Melo, how he is worth a max contract to stay a Knick, and bash ex Knick's is just as annoying as what you think of TFK

It was reported (Broussard for one) that it was D'Antoni. Jim Buss doesn't want to admit he made a mistake. Kobe was also a factor. I have never read anything in regards to Howard giving up 35 mil that said it was because the Lakers didn't have enough young talent.

So you didn't read about the KOBE quote?

Do you need an article to back EVERY action a player makes?
Seriously, you couldn't figure out why D12 chose Houston over Lakers?
LOOK AT THE ROSTER

but you remember one article?

Btw, there were plenty of articles and it was talked about in EVERY DAMN Sports Channel

Placing all in Dantoni is like me pointing the finger at one thing on Knick's, THERE JUST ISNT 1 thing wrong, there are a bunch of things wrong with the entire ORGANIZATION and TEAM

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2014  9:49 PM
RonRon wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
RonRon wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:i've never heard of half the lakers roster, why do they keep giving coach d'antoni hobbled teams?

he'll be okay if they keep him through the rebuild and give him a point guard, lakers have more sense than us.

we had a great chance to cultivate d'antoni's coaching talents into an exciting, championship caliber team, but dolan chose to shoot his feet off

it wasn't really dolan in this case.. the teams so called star player( and I use that word loosely in this case) sabotaged the team because he couldn't iso all day... pretty much running dantoni out of town.. now that he got his father figure in woody, results are even worse and now child is turning on parent... go figure... Dolan gets less of the blame here...

Pretty sure Grunwald knew it wasn't working when he took over but was willing to give Mike a chance. However, he was going to build the team in a traditional manner, amnestying the point guard to get a center. Also, hiring Woodson to be the defensive assistant was because of Mike's poor job performance. D'Antoni wasn't going to win without a point guard no matter how good his frontline was. He resigned because what he was doing with a good roster wasn't working. Melo and Amare were both interviewed the day Mike left and both said they were shocked. Melo said that he texted Mike to see if he was ok. Remember D'antoni struggled to communicate and tried to present as an easy going go with the flow guy when he really was wound very tight. I think the Olympians truly thought Mike was just an easy going guy and had no clue that he was going to resign. Also, Mike's system caused D12 to take 35 mil less to get away from him.

no, that was not the case.. before the trade he had a good young team with cap space and picks, knicks had room to actually build a team that dantoni wanted.... then the trade came, and dantoni was doomed.. linsanity saved the season, but as soon as carmelo came back, the knicks went back into the same mess that was created when we traded for carmelo... he and amare didn't work together..

And dwight took less money to get away from Kobe... he didn't want to play with kobe... not many players in this league like playing with chuckers..

once again no clue:
D'Antoni is the biggest reason Howard doesn't want to play in Los Angeles. Howard doesn't feel D'Antoni's system is conducive to his style of play and doesn't want part in it, according to the ESPN source. Howard also wants to be the star of any team he's on, and he doesn't "want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons."

Hmm...chucking doesnt seem to be a factor. Rather this star didnt want to play for the same coach that Melo pushed out. So here we have typical TKF posting style of making stuff up and quoting half of a half of a fact and pretending he knows something about it. Move along, nothing to see here...

No, the biggest reason is because they LACK YOUNG TALENT TO BUILD WITH FOR THE FUTURE
Kobe still thinks he can play another 5 years at HIGH level while on his terms

Nash is done and cannot play DEF

The most important part is Pau (D12 wanted Pau to be traded for someone from the start) and D12 will NEVER work together, not with the lack of super athletic, old, and team mates that lack speed
In Houston, he instantly contends with A CORE for now and the future, with young players, and assets to continue to get better

In Kobe's own words "LET ME TEACH (DWIGHT) YOU HOW TO WIN A RING"
Kobe is arrogant, hobbled, not getting any younger, but still has confidence in himself over others
Will Kobe be able to be a productive player at this point is even a questionable at his age/injuries

D12 has no faith in the players on the team, dislikes Kobe's arrogance, with no faith in the road with management/cap space (Kobe UNWILLING TO TAKE A PAYCUT), and would waste at least 1 year in rebuilding (likely much more), and that is why he left
He made the correct decision by leaving for the best interest of WINNING by SIGNING WITH A TEAM WITH ASSETS AND BECOMING A SOLID CORE

Dantoni doesn't even have the talent to run his system and NEVER did last season
I don't even like Dantoni as a coach but I think his philosophy does work if used with the right group of talents, like many systems

But your need to defend Melo, how he is worth a max contract to stay a Knick, and bash ex Knick's is just as annoying as what you think of TFK

It was reported (Broussard for one) that it was D'Antoni. Jim Buss doesn't want to admit he made a mistake. Kobe was also a factor. I have never read anything in regards to Howard giving up 35 mil that said it was because the Lakers didn't have enough young talent.

So you didn't read about the KOBE quote?

Do you need an article to back EVERY action a player makes?
Seriously, you couldn't figure out why D12 chose Houston over Lakers?
LOOK AT THE ROSTER

but you remember one article?

Btw, there were plenty of articles and it was talked about in EVERY DAMN Sports Channel

Placing all in Dantoni is like me pointing the finger at one thing on Knick's, THERE JUST ISNT 1 thing wrong, there are a bunch of things wrong with the entire ORGANIZATION and TEAM

There are tons of articles saying he didn't want to play for Dantoni. The took 35 mil less to leave. Yeah he didn't like playing with Kobe but he wanted D'Antoni canned. Here are some links:
http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/24/lakers-dwight-howard-mike-dantoni-kobe-bryant/
http://dimemag.com/2013/08/sources-claim-dwigh-howard-asked-them-to-fire-mike-dantoni-amnesty-kobe-bryant/
http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/08/dwight-howard-wanted-mike-dantoni-fired-kobe-bryant-amnestied
There are a lot more. Not sure why you would question it. Anyone that wasn't under a rock last summer knows why the guy left 35 mil extra but this theory is unique and way off base in my opinion:

I have never heard of any top player in their prime saying there isn't enough youth on the roster. Guys like to play with vets. Unique perspective but I am going to go with what was reported Dwight said when he walked away from 35 mil. Pierce and Garnett passed up a wonderful opportunity to play with young talent.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
***GaMe ThReAd*** Swaggy P in the building: Lakeshow on the Garden hardwoods

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy