[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

***GaMe ThReAd*** Swaggy P in the building: Lakeshow on the Garden hardwoods
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/26/2014  6:19 PM
Uptown wrote:
holfresh wrote:Ugly game to watch ..Melo holding the ball too long in the first half..Good to see Tyson get involved..Still no identity outside of watching Melo get his...Shump is no where ...This team has no chance at anything..

We shoot too many jumpers....Our guards are afraid to step foot in the paint as if there are sharks in there...either that or we don't have the ability to drive the ball....I'm sure its the latter...

Exactly, Shump had a nice lay up, I yelled at the TV, why can't u always do that, draw a freaking foul...I can't remember Dhump taking a ft..

AUTOADVERT
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/26/2014  6:41 PM
yea i thought the same thing ... like, IMAN, you have superior athleticism, use it on offense!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/26/2014  6:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
holfresh wrote:Ugly game to watch ..Melo holding the ball too long in the first half..Good to see Tyson get involved..Still no identity outside of watching Melo get his...Shump is no where ...This team has no chance at anything..

We shoot too many jumpers....Our guards are afraid to step foot in the paint as if there are sharks in there...either that or we don't have the ability to drive the ball....I'm sure its the latter...

Exactly, Shump had a nice lay up, I yelled at the TV, why can't u always do that, draw a freaking foul...I can't remember Dhump taking a ft..

I jumped out of my seat when Hardaway, pump-faked the 3, and drove baseline for the foul. Hopefully, he does this more instead of settling.....

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/26/2014  6:56 PM
Problem with Shump driving to the rim is that he has trouble making last second course corrections in the paint. If he doesn't have a clear path Shumpert will usually pass or reset. Needs better footwork.

Hardaway is already showing he has that ability, so its in Iman's best interest to work on that part of his game IMO.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/26/2014  7:01 PM
Shump needs a series of DWade videos...I can't understand why he has so much trouble finishing around the rim...And how many times is Chandler going to toss the ball at the underside of the rim on a put back.?
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/26/2014  9:02 PM
i've never heard of half the lakers roster, why do they keep giving coach d'antoni hobbled teams?

he'll be okay if they keep him through the rebuild and give him a point guard, lakers have more sense than us.

we had a great chance to cultivate d'antoni's coaching talents into an exciting, championship caliber team, but dolan chose to shoot his feet off

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/26/2014  9:03 PM
i see swaggy p had a decent game, that's great, you gotta root for this guy he has the best nickname in the league
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/26/2014  9:31 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:i've never heard of half the lakers roster, why do they keep giving coach d'antoni hobbled teams?

he'll be okay if they keep him through the rebuild and give him a point guard, lakers have more sense than us.

we had a great chance to cultivate d'antoni's coaching talents into an exciting, championship caliber team, but dolan chose to shoot his feet off

it wasn't really dolan in this case.. the teams so called star player( and I use that word loosely in this case) sabotaged the team because he couldn't iso all day... pretty much running dantoni out of town.. now that he got his father figure in woody, results are even worse and now child is turning on parent... go figure... Dolan gets less of the blame here...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2014  9:39 PM
tkf wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:i've never heard of half the lakers roster, why do they keep giving coach d'antoni hobbled teams?

it wasn't really dolan in this case.. the teams so called star player( and I use that word loosely in this case) sabotaged the team because he couldn't iso all day... pretty much running dantoni out of town.. now that he got his father figure in woody, results are even worse and now child is turning on parent... go figure... Dolan gets less of the blame here...

Pretty sure Grunwald knew it wasn't working when he took over but was willing to give Mike a chance. However, he was going to build the team in a traditional manner, amnestying the point guard to get a center. Also, hiring Woodson to be the defensive assistant was because of Mike's poor job performance. D'Antoni wasn't going to win without a point guard no matter how good his frontline was. He resigned because what he was doing with a good roster wasn't working. Melo and Amare were both interviewed the day Mike left and both said they were shocked. Melo said that he texted Mike to see if he was ok. Remember D'antoni struggled to communicate and tried to present as an easy going go with the flow guy when he really was wound very tight. I think the Olympians truly thought Mike was just an easy going guy and had no clue that he was going to resign. Also, Mike's system caused D12 to take 35 mil less to get away from him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/26/2014  9:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2014  9:48 PM
Papabear Says

It was a good game anytime we win. Melo is carrying the team but in this game I saw some good things.
Hardaway is a keeper. Chandler looked better.
It looks like to me Melo will stay because right now He owns New York. The greatest sportsman in all the different sports teams in New York. He will get more indorcements now.

Papabear
tkf
1/26/2014  10:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

Pretty sure Grunwald knew it wasn't working when he took over but was willing to give Mike a chance. However, he was going to build the team in a traditional manner, amnestying the point guard to get a center. Also, hiring Woodson to be the defensive assistant was because of Mike's poor job performance. D'Antoni wasn't going to win without a point guard no matter how good his frontline was. He resigned because what he was doing with a good roster wasn't working. Melo and Amare were both interviewed the day Mike left and both said they were shocked. Melo said that he texted Mike to see if he was ok. Remember D'antoni struggled to communicate and tried to present as an easy going go with the flow guy when he really was wound very tight. I think the Olympians truly thought Mike was just an easy going guy and had no clue that he was going to resign. Also, Mike's system caused D12 to take 35 mil less to get away from him.

no, that was not the case.. before the trade he had a good young team with cap space and picks, knicks had room to actually build a team that dantoni wanted.... then the trade came, and dantoni was doomed.. linsanity saved the season, but as soon as carmelo came back, the knicks went back into the same mess that was created when we traded for carmelo... he and amare didn't work together..

And dwight took less money to get away from Kobe... he didn't want to play with kobe... not many players in this league like playing with chuckers..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
USA
1/26/2014  11:00 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

no, that was not the case.. before the trade he had a good young team with cap space and picks, knicks had room to actually build a team that dantoni wanted.... then the trade came, and dantoni was doomed.. linsanity saved the season, but as soon as carmelo came back, the knicks went back into the same mess that was created when we traded for carmelo... he and amare didn't work together..

And dwight took less money to get away from Kobe... he didn't want to play with kobe... not many players in this league like playing with chuckers..

The Los Angeles Lakers have "very little chance" of signing Dwight Howard, who doesn't enjoy playing with Kobe Bryant and coach Mike D'Antoni, Chris Broussard of ESPN reports. The news bodes well for the Dallas Mavericks, who reportedly are Howard's preferred destination.

D'Antoni is the biggest reason Howard doesn't want to play in Los Angeles. Howard doesn't feel D'Antoni's system is conducive to his style of play and doesn't want part in it, according to the ESPN source. Howard also wants to be the star of any team he's on, and he doesn't "want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons."

Playing with Bryant is an issue, but it's secondary to Howard's issue with D'Antoni's system. Although Howard didn't enjoy his time with Bryant, he could play with him again if it was in another system.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/6463/20130627/la-lakers-rumors-dwight-howard-leaving-bryant-d-antoni-mavericks.htm
Dagger
Member: #4184

1/27/2014  3:55 AM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

Harden is a selfish ballhog chucker too but Dwight didn't seem to mind...

Dantoni had no idea how to use Dwight and no desire to adjust either.

tkf
1/27/2014  1:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

The Los Angeles Lakers have "very little chance" of signing Dwight Howard, who doesn't enjoy playing with Kobe Bryant and coach Mike D'Antoni, Chris Broussard of ESPN reports. The news bodes well for the Dallas Mavericks, who reportedly are Howard's preferred destination.

D'Antoni is the biggest reason Howard doesn't want to play in Los Angeles. Howard doesn't feel D'Antoni's system is conducive to his style of play and doesn't want part in it, according to the ESPN source. Howard also wants to be the star of any team he's on, and he doesn't "want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons."

Playing with Bryant is an issue, but it's secondary to Howard's issue with D'Antoni's system. Although Howard didn't enjoy his time with Bryant, he could play with him again if it was in another system.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/6463/20130627/la-lakers-rumors-dwight-howard-leaving-bryant-d-antoni-mavericks.htm

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/08/dwight-howard-reportedly-wanted-kobe-bryant-mike-dantoni-out/

Ric Bucher reports that the big man’s requests to fire Mike D’Antoni and amnesty Kobe Bryant were simply too much for the Lakers: “Talks with various people close to the situation make it clear there were two prerequisites for Dwight Howard to remain a Laker: fire Mike D’Antoni and amnesty, or at the very least muzzle, Kobe Bryant.

MAYBE it was a combination of both... but really you have taken this off track.. what does dwight have to do with carmelo and dantoni?

tkf
1/27/2014  1:56 PM
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

Harden is a selfish ballhog chucker too but Dwight didn't seem to mind...

Dantoni had no idea how to use Dwight and no desire to adjust either.

harden is a ball mover... and a better player.. maybe that is why dwight wanted to go there.. but dwight himself said chandler parsons was a huge reason why he came....

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/27/2014  2:00 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

It was a good game anytime we win. Melo is carrying the team but in this game I saw some good things.
Hardaway is a keeper. Chandler looked better.
It looks like to me Melo will stay because right now He owns New York. The greatest sportsman in all the different sports teams in New York. He will get more indorcements now.

And JR's making fewer bonehead moves and decisions. Although the foul towards the end of the game was classic...
No incidents with the laces!

Winning is always fun.

97 points in two games. Yikes. Strap on the saddle, just please don't break down Melo...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2014  3:55 PM
tkf wrote:

LMAO.... this is classic.

Context: "So called" star player scores 62 in a game Knicks really need as they are sliding. Then he follows it up with 30+ to give the Knicks back to back wins and *someone* here is crying because he ran Mike Dantoni out of town two years ago. Yup.. this is really adding new and inspired basketball discussion. Good stuff. Hee Haw

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2014  3:58 PM
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

once again no clue:

Hmm...chucking doesnt seem to be a factor. Rather this star didnt want to play for the same coach that Melo pushed out. So here we have typical TKF posting style of making stuff up and quoting half of a half of a fact and pretending he knows something about it. Move along, nothing to see here...

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
RonRon
Member: #246
1/27/2014  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2014  6:12 PM
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

once again no clue:

Hmm...chucking doesnt seem to be a factor. Rather this star didnt want to play for the same coach that Melo pushed out. So here we have typical TKF posting style of making stuff up and quoting half of a half of a fact and pretending he knows something about it. Move along, nothing to see here...

No, the biggest reason is because they LACK YOUNG TALENT TO BUILD WITH FOR THE FUTURE
Kobe still thinks he can play another 5 years at HIGH level while on his terms

Nash is done and cannot play DEF

The most important part is Pau (D12 wanted Pau to be traded for someone from the start) and D12 will NEVER work together, not with the lack of super athletic, old, and team mates that lack speed
In Houston, he instantly contends with A CORE for now and the future, with young players, and assets to continue to get better

In Kobe's own words "LET ME TEACH (DWIGHT) YOU HOW TO WIN A RING"
Kobe is arrogant, hobbled, not getting any younger, but still has confidence in himself over others
Will Kobe be able to be a productive player at this point is even a questionable at his age/injuries

D12 has no faith in the players on the team, dislikes Kobe's arrogance, with no faith in the road with management/cap space (Kobe UNWILLING TO TAKE A PAYCUT), and would waste at least 1 year in rebuilding (likely much more), and that is why he left
He made the correct decision by leaving for the best interest of WINNING by SIGNING WITH A TEAM WITH ASSETS AND BECOMING A SOLID CORE

Dantoni doesn't even have the talent to run his system and NEVER did last season
I don't even like Dantoni as a coach but I think his philosophy does work if used with the right group of talents, like many systems

But your need to defend Melo, how he is worth a max contract to stay a Knick, and bash ex Knick's is just as annoying as what you think of TFK

CrushAlot
USA
1/27/2014  6:24 PM
RonRon wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

once again no clue:

No, the biggest reason is because they LACK YOUNG TALENT TO BUILD WITH FOR THE FUTURE
Kobe still thinks he can play another 5 years at HIGH level while on his terms

Nash is done and cannot play DEF

The most important part is Pau (D12 wanted Pau to be traded for someone from the start) and D12 will NEVER work together, not with the lack of super athletic, old, and team mates that lack speed
In Houston, he instantly contends with A CORE for now and the future, with young players, and assets to continue to get better

In Kobe's own words "LET ME TEACH (DWIGHT) YOU HOW TO WIN A RING"
Kobe is arrogant, hobbled, not getting any younger, but still has confidence in himself over others
Will Kobe be able to be a productive player at this point is even a questionable at his age/injuries

D12 has no faith in the players on the team, dislikes Kobe's arrogance, with no faith in the road with management/cap space (Kobe UNWILLING TO TAKE A PAYCUT), and would waste at least 1 year in rebuilding (likely much more), and that is why he left
He made the correct decision by leaving for the best interest of WINNING by SIGNING WITH A TEAM WITH ASSETS AND BECOMING A SOLID CORE

Dantoni doesn't even have the talent to run his system and NEVER did last season
I don't even like Dantoni as a coach but I think his philosophy does work if used with the right group of talents, like many systems

But your need to defend Melo, how he is worth a max contract to stay a Knick, and bash ex Knick's is just as annoying as what you think of TFK

It was reported (Broussard for one) that it was D'Antoni. Jim Buss doesn't want to admit he made a mistake. Kobe was also a factor. I have never read anything in regards to Howard giving up 35 mil that said it was because the Lakers didn't have enough young talent.
***GaMe ThReAd*** Swaggy P in the building: Lakeshow on the Garden hardwoods

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy