[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Friday Night MSG with Bobcats, here's praying Knicks are not their doormats
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/24/2014  9:57 PM
I'm impressed with him also having 13 boards. The guy has just been putting work in on the glass despite which position he played. He just might be the best rebounder on the team this year. You saw it last year when he played the center position when Tyson was out late in the year and grabbed like 20 against the bulls I think.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/24/2014  9:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Wow - I guess this ends the argument of whether or not Melo is a great player... and just in time to pump up his trade value

Sure does give him leverage.

If he wants a ring he will take $17-21mil for the 5yr duration. We still need a PG to win a ring. Felton doesn't cut it

I don't know what Melo should take but the max won't get him that ring, just more aging vets.

An avg of 18 million where the team can do 7% increase or decrease. So 20+ million in 14 then 18+ million in 15 when the cap space is there. Also, it also depends on the other player's available max salary like Love's max will only be 17 million I think.

Has to be enough to let us improve across the board. Like Guns said, we also need a PG upgrade.

Dagger
Member: #4184

1/24/2014  10:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:Guns how can Tina do nothing for you?

She wears way too much makeup
Hot for a 50yr old I guess
super short when not in heels

And like I said earlier I'm more of a Suzyn Waldman all natural kinda guy

Suzyn Waldman...?

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/24/2014  10:01 PM
Ok..Tyler to Dream big man camp this summer...Work with Amare..Start lifting...etc...
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/24/2014  10:01 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I'm impressed with him also having 13 boards. The guy has just been putting work in on the glass despite which position he played. He just might be the best rebounder on the team this year. You saw it last year when he played the center position when Tyson was out late in the year and grabbed like 20 against the bulls I think.

And 0 turnovers.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/24/2014  10:02 PM
Papabear Says

We made history tonight. Go Melo

Papabear
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2014  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2014  10:05 PM
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Suzyn Waldman...?

Hell yea. Gotta get that!

blkexec
Member: #748
1/24/2014  10:06 PM
TeamBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:Melo is a Knick for life....Book it!

He just locked in his max contract tonight....Dolan is writing the check as we speak!

You don't think Dolan was planning on giving him the max before tonight?

Nope....But nobody should predict what Dolan will do. He's very unpredictable. Personally, I think he would've been on the trading block, if he stunk it up tonight. He went from trade bait to max player in one game. I'm with the rest....he should learn from Lebron and take less, if he really wants to win. The problem is Kobe is his mentor!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/24/2014  10:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

He just locked in his max contract tonight....Dolan is writing the check as we speak!

Nope....But nobody should predict what Dolan will do. He's very unpredictable. Personally, I think he would've been on the trading block, if he stunk it up tonight. He went from trade bait to max player in one game. I'm with the rest....he should learn from Lebron and take less, if he really wants to win. The problem is Kobe is his mentor!

I disagree. Especially if all of the rumors that Dolan stepped in and got the melo deal done. Dolan loves Melo. Didn't he travel with him to Puerto Rico and play on his softball team?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
1/24/2014  10:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Suzyn Waldman...?

[IMG_block] http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EydnzNSWw4k/Tjw37Q6xcsI/AAAAAAAAAh4/YfMVtVzx_fY/s1600/waldman.jpg [/IMG_block]

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
USA
1/24/2014  10:11 PM
blkexec wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Suzyn Waldman...?

[IMG_block] http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EydnzNSWw4k/Tjw37Q6xcsI/AAAAAAAAAh4/YfMVtVzx_fY/s1600/waldman.jpg [/IMG_block]

gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2014  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2014  10:18 PM
Melo is younger than me. I never saw Bernard play except for highlights, How is he s Bernand King guy? Makes no sense. Admit it you are a Jordan guy like the rest of us
Clean
Member: #743
1/24/2014  10:17 PM
LOL at Woody trying to bring in Iman to sub out Melo and Iman said no. Shumpert is one of a kind.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/24/2014  10:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo is younger than me. How is he s Bernand King guy? Mskes no sense. Admit it you are a Jordan guy like the rest of us

That's what VCRs and Betamax players were for. I'm a little older than Melo and I used to watch those NBA highlight tapes. I think I wore out my MJ The Air Up There tape.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/24/2014  10:20 PM
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

I always thought he was cause there are fans that go to games actually just to see Melo play. He's making Dolan money. But if he could go to max player in one game, can't he lose it again by going back to shooting poorly over the next few games?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
blkexec
1/24/2014  10:33 PM
TeamBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

I always thought he was cause there are fans that go to games actually just to see Melo play. He's making Dolan money. But if he could go to max player in one game, can't he lose it again by going back to shooting poorly over the next few games?

You probably right...Dolan was going to make Melo a max player anyway. Tonight just made that decision even easier. I still don't think he's worth the max. Actually I think every NBA player is over paid, until I see how much the owners are making off of them. I just think Melo needs different type of star player to play with and it's going to be hard to find that guy if we give Melo a max contract. But eitherway, Dolan will be Dollan, so all we (fans) can hope for is if those star players are already on the roster....Hardaway Jr, Tyler, etc....Then get lucky and have solid player come to NY for a discount....

gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2014  10:34 PM
@FisolaNYDN: Iman Shumpert: "Between me and Carmelo we had 66 points."

LOL

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/24/2014  10:38 PM
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

You probably right...Dolan was going to make Melo a max player anyway. Tonight just made that decision even easier. I still don't think he's worth the max. Actually I think every NBA player is over paid, until I see how much the owners are making off of them. I just think Melo needs different type of star player to play with and it's going to be hard to find that guy if we give Melo a max contract. But eitherway, Dolan will be Dollan, so all we (fans) can hope for is if those star players are already on the roster....Hardaway Jr, Tyler, etc....Then get lucky and have solid player come to NY for a discount....

Completely agree. Going to be an interesting off season for sure.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/24/2014  10:52 PM
Special performance from Melo....Knicks win by a wide amrgin.

Cant resist, 1-0 without Bargnani.

CrushAlot
USA
1/24/2014  11:00 PM
knickscity wrote:Special performance from Melo....Knicks win by a wide amrgin.

Cant resist, 1-0 without Bargnani.

1-5 since Tyson returned.
Friday Night MSG with Bobcats, here's praying Knicks are not their doormats

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy