[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Former NYC Firemen and Cops busted for fraud disability for 9/11
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/22/2014  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2014  7:17 AM

Dozens of US former emergency service workers have been arrested in a sweeping fraud investigation involving federal disability benefits, New York authorities say.
Prosecutors say 72 police officers, eight firefighters and five corrections officers are among those charged.
Some reportedly falsely claimed disabling conditions arising from the 11 September 2001 attacks.

The fraud is believed to have cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
"The brazenness is shocking," Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance said on Tuesday.

"Many participants cynically manufactured claims of mental illness as a result of September 11, dishonoring the first responders who did serve their city at the expense of their own health and safety," he added.
Incriminating photos Four men, including a retired police officer and a disability consultant with a New York detective's union, appeared in court on Tuesday on grand larceny charges.

The defendants, allegedly the ringleaders of the fraud operation, were released on bail of up to $1m (£609,690).
Those men stand accused of coaching the former emergency workers on how to feign mental health problems and fail memory tests in an effort to draw disability benefits, collecting tens of thousands of dollars in kickbacks.

One retired police officer told doctors he suffered panic attacks and was unable to leave his house - only to post photographs of himself on social media riding a jet ski.

Another retired policeman collected a disability pension for a neck injury - and then went on to open a martial arts studio
Yet another, who claimed he was incapable of social interaction, was found to be running a cannoli stand at a street festival.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25646453

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
playa2

1/22/2014  7:17 AM

Photo from Facebook page of Glenn Lieberman, who is accused of participating in a
Social Security disability scam to the tune of $175,758.40 according to the Manhattan DA's office.

NYPD retiree Richard Cosentino felt good enough for marlin fishing in Costa Rica.

Not to smart they were stupid enough to share their "fun" on Facebook

John Stefanowski, an ex-cop, loves golf.

Civilian worker Joseph Morrone (center) helps dish cannolis at the San Gennaro festival.

John Famularo, an ex-Finest and motorcycle enthusiast, is accused of taking more than $340,000 in the scam.

Surveillance photo shows Darrin Lamantia, a cop who retired on a disability claim, playing basketball.

Peter Martin, who also participated in the scam, leaves his court arraignment.

Michael Scialabba (right), a former NYPD undercover officer, leaves Manhattan Supreme Court after his arraignment on with his lawyer. He is one of dozens accused in the Social Security scam.

Louis Hurtado worked as a martial arts instructor while collecting $470,395 from Social Security

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

1/24/2014  1:37 AM
LOL and these guys have pulled vehicles over, smfh
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
1/24/2014  4:58 AM
Hopefully this is the first step in a greater investigation. SSI is so swamped with fraud it's unreal. Your tax dollars hard at work
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
playa2

2/1/2014  1:07 PM
The probably said to themselves why not get paid on a scam the people behind 9/11 fooled so many so.......
Former NYC Firemen and Cops busted for fraud disability for 9/11

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy