[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Clips Vs Knicks..
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/17/2014  9:59 PM
The sad thing is that this was a winnable game. Sure the Clips have been playing well even without CP3, it's still a huge break not to have to face him. So many issues that it's not possible to address them all. Just an all around mess of a team right now. Coaches and players all get a failing grade.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/17/2014  10:02 PM
playa2 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:2:43 left. Where the **** is Jeremy Tyler, the kid that is shooting 100% at the moment and has uber-potential?
He was a fouling machine in the third quarter. But the game is over and Tyson looked spent before the game.

I don't get Tysons rep here as a leader and veteran presence. He's so weak mentally that I hope no one is looking to follow his lead

Chandler is the only guy that actually goes to battle for this team in the paint. It's unreasonable to expect him to do all of that without some help. Outside of Chandler and Melo (possibly Tyler and Hardaway), no one on this team is worth a damn.

I bet you Cole Aldrich would have helped Chandler in the paint.
Tyson is just disappointing. His health, his play his overhyped rep and his 'leadership'.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/17/2014  10:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:2:43 left. Where the **** is Jeremy Tyler, the kid that is shooting 100% at the moment and has uber-potential?
He was a fouling machine in the third quarter. But the game is over and Tyson looked spent before the game.

I don't get Tysons rep here as a leader and veteran presence. He's so weak mentally that I hope no one is looking to follow his lead

Chandler is the only guy that actually goes to battle for this team in the paint. It's unreasonable to expect him to do all of that without some help. Outside of Chandler and Melo (possibly Tyler and Hardaway), no one on this team is worth a damn.

I disagree about Chandler. The first four games he was going to battle but since then I haven't seen it. He certainly wasm't battling very well last spring when he was out or being abused by Hibbert. The Knicks need a lot more from him. Agree about Melo and Hardaway. Also, KMart and Amare have played balls out when they are in.

Chandler's been frequently injured and always banged up. To his credit, he plays through most of it except when the flu is involved. Outside of him (and Melo), the team is as soft as Charmins.

As for K-Mart and Amar'e, I like both but half-season, limit restriction players don't mean much to me. They are liabilities and we need to look to get guys that can actually play their role for a season.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/17/2014  10:03 PM
Papabear Says

Crawford is speaking now. I remember people on this board called him Crawfall. Now he is doing just fine. Seem when we chase good players out of town they do better. Melo don't need this and it probably won't get better next season. These young players we have like Murray just seems ok but I do not see him ever being a starter. If something don't happen fast all I can see is dark days ahead. I just can't see Felton as a starting point guard.

Papabear
NardDogNation

1/17/2014  10:03 PM
playa2 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I bet you Cole Aldrich would have helped Chandler in the paint.

He's a bum. I wonder if he can chew gum and walk at the same time.
CrushAlot
USA
1/17/2014  10:05 PM
Shump 2 points in the last two games. 20 points total in his last 5 games. No way a team can win with that as the starting shooting guard.
NardDogNation

1/17/2014  10:07 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Crawford is speaking now. I remember people on this board called him Crawfall. Now he is doing just fine. Seem when we chase good players out of town they do better. Melo don't need this and it probably won't get better next season. These young players we have like Murray just seems ok but I do not see him ever being a starter. If something don't happen fast all I can see is dark days ahead. I just can't see Felton as a starting point guard.

Yeah, I'm already over the Murry hype. He just seemed like he had potential because of how ****ty our PG platoon is. I still like Tyler though and would like to develop both he and Hardaway Jr. Unfortunately, neither is good enough to help us meaningful in the short term. The only thing we can do at this point is trade Melo and start the rebuilding process.

NardDogNation

1/17/2014  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Shump 2 points in the last two games. 20 points total in his last 5 games. No way a team can win with that as the starting shooting guard.

Imagine if we had traded him for Dudley and a 1st rounder (like what the Suns were offering) when we had the chance. We would've had the opportunity to get Eric Bledsoe this past offseason and draft an Isiah Canaan or Pierre Jackson (who is the rage of the D-league). It breaks my heart to know of the opportunities we pissed away.

CrushAlot
USA
1/17/2014  10:14 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Shump 2 points in the last two games. 20 points total in his last 5 games. No way a team can win with that as the starting shooting guard.

Imagine if we had traded him for Dudley and a 1st rounder (like what the Suns were offering) when we had the chance. We would've had the opportunity to get Eric Bledsoe this past offseason and draft an Isiah Canaan or Pierre Jackson (who is the rage of the D-league). It breaks my heart to know of the opportunities we pissed away.

Yeah now the Knicks have the next Terrance Williams.
Papabear

1/17/2014  10:22 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Yeah, I'm already over the Murry hype. He just seemed like he had potential because of how ****ty our PG platoon is. I still like Tyler though and would like to develop both he and Hardaway Jr. Unfortunately, neither is good enough to help us meaningful in the short term. The only thing we can do at this point is trade Melo and start the rebuilding process.

Papabear Says

That will mean 10 years on the dark side. When have we ever rebuilt a team. I would wait and see if Melo can talk a super star to play with him in New York.

Papabear
NardDogNation

1/17/2014  10:27 PM
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Papabear Says

That will mean 10 years on the dark side. When have we ever rebuilt a team. I would wait and see if Melo can talk a super star to play with him in New York.

I get your point. I don't have confidence in our current management's ability to successfully rebuild this team but it is definitely the right move to make. At this pace, Melo is going to break down and then we'll be stuck with Allan Houston/Amar'e Stoudemire 2.0 and destroy the only real asset we actually have. I think it's best to cash out now before any of that happens and maybe see if we can swing a deal with the Bulls for their contracts and picks.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/17/2014  10:37 PM
It's official Shump is a Chump and needs to be dumped. I no longer think Shump is a viable option. I'll take a second rounder for him today, tomorrow and the next day.
CrushAlot
USA
1/17/2014  10:44 PM
Vmart wrote:It's official Shump is a Chump and needs to be dumped. I no longer think Shump is a viable option. I'll take a second rounder for him today, tomorrow and the next day.
Its hard not to come to that conclusion. Hopefully he is worth more than a second rounder but currently he is a liability. The Knicks have a horrible backcourt. When Pablo comes back they should go with the two point guard line up. The best big KMart, Bargs or Tyson should start. I don't think Tyson should be guaranteed that spot. Whatever works best chemistry wise. Also a Bargs, Kmart, Melo front court might work really well. KMart is such a good passer in that role. KMart and Melo compliment each other. Hopefully KMart's health isn't an issue
Papabear

1/17/2014  10:51 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Papabear Says

I get your point. I don't have confidence in our current management's ability to successfully rebuild this team but it is definitely the right move to make. At this pace, Melo is going to break down and then we'll be stuck with Allan Houston/Amar'e Stoudemire 2.0 and destroy the only real asset we actually have. I think it's best to cash out now before any of that happens and maybe see if we can swing a deal with the Bulls for their contracts and picks.

Papabear Says

The Bulls are rebuilding what make you think they want Melo? Look I think the Bulls are starting to second guess Rose health. They are in rebuild mode.

Papabear
Dagger
Member: #4184

1/17/2014  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  11:11 PM
Vmart wrote:It's official Shump is a Chump and needs to be dumped. I no longer think Shump is a viable option. I'll take a second rounder for him today, tomorrow and the next day.

I wouldn't mind seeing him traded as well, but second rounders are pretty much worthless. Who's the best non-European to come out of the second round? I can't think of any really good players whatsoever. Second round picks at best turn into average players. I'd rather get another player for shump than 1 second round pick. I'd do it for two second rounders, but one just isn't enough.

NardDogNation

1/17/2014  11:11 PM
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

The Bulls are rebuilding what make you think they want Melo? Look I think the Bulls are starting to second guess Rose health. They are in rebuild mode.

I was under the impression that they were retooling, not rebuilding. Considering Rose's (and Noah's) health though, the safer thing for them to do is rebuild from the ground up. Time will tell.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/17/2014  11:13 PM
I knew the 5 game win streak was a fluke, look at us now, in shambles like paupers
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation

1/17/2014  11:13 PM
Dagger wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing him traded as well, but second rounders are pretty much worthless. Who's the best non-European to come out of the second round? I can think of any really good players whatsoever. Second round picks at best turn into average players. I'd rather get another player for shump than 1 second round pick. I'd do it for two second rounders, but one just isn't enough.

Rashard Lewis (all-star), Manu Ginobli (perennial all-star; Argentinian not European so he counts), Michael Redd (perennial all-star), Gilbert Arenas (perennial all-star), Carlos Boozer (all-star)....the list is pretty lengthy.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/17/2014  11:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  11:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Dagger wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing him traded as well, but second rounders are pretty much worthless. Who's the best non-European to come out of the second round? I can think of any really good players whatsoever. Second round picks at best turn into average players. I'd rather get another player for shump than 1 second round pick. I'd do it for two second rounders, but one just isn't enough.

Rashard Lewis (all-star), Manu Ginobli (perennial all-star; Argentinian not European so he counts), Michael Redd (perennial all-star), Gilbert Arenas (perennial all-star), Carlos Boozer (all-star)....the list is pretty lengthy.

Where was Lilard picked first or second? You got to throw in Stephenson.

CrushAlot
USA
1/17/2014  11:22 PM
Vmart wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Dagger wrote:

Where was Lilard picked first or second? You got to throw in Stephenson.

Lilard was a high pick, lottery? King traded the pick to get Crash so that DWil wouldn't leave. Should have kept the pick. Lilard a healthy bropez and whatever move (Johnson or someone else) puts the Nets in a position to compete for a lot of years.
Game Thread: Clips Vs Knicks..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy