Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/17/2014  1:55 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
tkf wrote:
tkf wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
tkf wrote:Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

um when was bargs playing against hibbert??? WOODY put Bargs on West all night. WOODY put Chandler on Hibbert. Playing the big lineup against the pacers is not going to work. If WOODY doesn't get that, is that the players' problem??? If WOODY doesn't understand that even with both Chandler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

At least if you look at Bargs v/s Hibbert, Bargs has the upper hand offensively. Do you really think Chandler is better than Hibbert in any facet of the game other than tap-backs? Bargs would have stretched and spaced the floor for us if he was given the chance. It's not Bargs' fault that WOODY didn't press his advantage. Coach is dumber and more stubborn than a mofo. Why play the Pacers' game? Their game is paint protection on defense, so give the green light to the 7 footer who can unclog the paint for us. It is really that simple and this dumb coach doesn't get it. Sadly, neither do you.

dude actually I do get it.. you don't. my point was, all of this dragging hibbert out of the lane was rubbish if anything, I said the pacers would put West on Bargs anyway.... but go check my post if you don't believe me...

handler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

thanks sherlock.. you are making my argument for me.. again, getting bargs and using the argument that he will drag hibbert out of the lane was rubbish.. in the end, bargs has to guard those bigs on the other end.. but as you said yourself.. Hibbert is better than both, so why make the defense for bargnani... is that a hit on bargs? YES IT IS, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS THAT HE IS HERE TO BRING HIBBERT AWAY FROM THE HOOP.... It didn't work...

cartman...???

no... you are making my argument for me...so if the starting lineup had been kmart and bargs instead of bargs and chandler, you think hibbert would have been guarding kmart???? dude would have run right past hibbert, or did you not see vogel himself admitting that bargs at C is a bigger matchup problem?

Actually they played Hibbert on K-mart in the first game.

and how close was that game? it was decided in overtime! and that was inspite of a terrible shooting night by both carmelo and bargs.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/17/2014  2:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I think its time for Woodson to try to bring Tyson off the bench in the guise of limiting his minutes and letting him get back his strength because starting him still isn't paying dividends. Sell it to him as taking one for the team if he has to.

I think a play that was emblematic of their night was when Melo was under the rim and all 5 yellow shirts were in the paint with him, and all 4 of Melo's teammates (bargs included) were out at the arc. Melo was trying to pass to one of them but he was too well defended, and none of them came into help. They just stood there like statues watching him try to pass the ball instead of moving in, cutting to the rim. D leaguers would have known that at least one of them should have tried to bail him out.

Prigs might be back for the next game and maybe he brings some cohesion back as well. I would try starting him over Felton if things stay in the muck and see what happens. Id also look into trading Tyson for a PG who is better than anyone on the current roster. I know you aren't supposed to trade big for small, but its at a point where Tyson healthy and contributing is the exception to the rule. Its always "when Tyson gets healthy". I know I've said it. Problem is he never is. Might get back to DPOY after being traded but thats not the point, its what he's doing here, which hasn't been much since his DPOY season.

I think if you're gonna start Pablo, Ray has to be out there with him. They both make up for what the other lacks and Pablo allows Ray to be more of a scorer without us losing the facilitation at the 1.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/17/2014  2:04 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

kudos to donnie walsh, larry bird, frank vogel for creating a winning culture.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

I agree, time to hit the reset button.. now!! bye melo!!

So essentially you are heralded as a troll everywhere you go? Nice!

being banned from the knicks realgm forum, where the lunatics are running the asylum, is actually a mark of distinction.

supporting this team gives real meaning to the term "fanatic."

You're on a Knicks forum and you don't support the team? What's the term for that??

"student of the game" comes to mind. i can only imagine what comes to yours... ha ha

seriously though, i am a fan of GOOD BASKETBALL and a well-run organization.

outside of a half season in 2010-2011-- when there was a germ of something worth rooting for after two years of demolition-- and the first 10 games of last year... i have seen pretty much bad basketball and an embarrassingly poorly run organization.

so i come here to analyze what is wrong and how to improve. strange that this is exactly what everyone else is doing yet somehow when i contribute it's construed as a negative thing and not at all constructive.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/17/2014  2:09 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

being banned from the knicks realgm forum, where the lunatics are running the asylum, is actually a mark of distinction.

You're on a Knicks forum and you don't support the team? What's the term for that??

I assume "this team" means "this roster"
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/17/2014  2:26 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
tkf wrote:
tkf wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
tkf wrote:Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

um when was bargs playing against hibbert??? WOODY put Bargs on West all night. WOODY put Chandler on Hibbert. Playing the big lineup against the pacers is not going to work. If WOODY doesn't get that, is that the players' problem??? If WOODY doesn't understand that even with both Chandler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

At least if you look at Bargs v/s Hibbert, Bargs has the upper hand offensively. Do you really think Chandler is better than Hibbert in any facet of the game other than tap-backs? Bargs would have stretched and spaced the floor for us if he was given the chance. It's not Bargs' fault that WOODY didn't press his advantage. Coach is dumber and more stubborn than a mofo. Why play the Pacers' game? Their game is paint protection on defense, so give the green light to the 7 footer who can unclog the paint for us. It is really that simple and this dumb coach doesn't get it. Sadly, neither do you.

dude actually I do get it.. you don't. my point was, all of this dragging hibbert out of the lane was rubbish if anything, I said the pacers would put West on Bargs anyway.... but go check my post if you don't believe me...

handler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

thanks sherlock.. you are making my argument for me.. again, getting bargs and using the argument that he will drag hibbert out of the lane was rubbish.. in the end, bargs has to guard those bigs on the other end.. but as you said yourself.. Hibbert is better than both, so why make the defense for bargnani... is that a hit on bargs? YES IT IS, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS THAT HE IS HERE TO BRING HIBBERT AWAY FROM THE HOOP.... It didn't work...

cartman...???

no... you are making my argument for me...so if the starting lineup had been kmart and bargs instead of bargs and chandler, you think hibbert would have been guarding kmart???? dude would have run right past hibbert, or did you not see vogel himself admitting that bargs at C is a bigger matchup problem?

Actually they played Hibbert on K-mart in the first game.

and how close was that game? it was decided in overtime! and that was inspite of a terrible shooting night by both carmelo and bargs.

lol NICE way to backpedal.. the game wasn't close because kenyon was running right past hibbert.. as you claim.. stick to your argument..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/17/2014  2:30 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:

wow.

bye-bye melo.

"student of the game" comes to mind. i can only imagine what comes to yours... ha ha

outside of a half season in 2010-2011-- when there was a germ of something worth rooting for after two years of demolition-- and the first 10 games of last year... i have seen pretty much bad basketball and an embarrassingly poorly run organization.

so i come here to analyze what is wrong and how to improve. strange that this is exactly what everyone else is doing yet somehow when i contribute it's construed as a negative thing and not at all constructive.

Well the part in the bold that I originally responded to was something I didn't really care for seeing as how I support this team and don't see myself as a fanatic. I obviously respect your posts or else I'd have you ignore but some things you say go beyond basketball.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/17/2014  4:49 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:

wow.

bye-bye melo.

Well the part in the bold that I originally responded to was something I didn't really care for seeing as how I support this team and don't see myself as a fanatic. I obviously respect your posts or else I'd have you ignore but some things you say go beyond basketball.

yes some things i say do go "beyond" basketball because there is more to "basketball" than what takes place on the court.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/17/2014  5:58 PM
Knicks got an old fashion beat down by a better team, period...We aren't going to win many games against good teams if only Melo shows up...We saw this movie last year in the playoffs...When Lance Stevenson and George are draining jumpers, it's a wrap..They play good defense on top of that on their home court...I counted 4 calls in the first half Paul George didn't call called fouls on...Shump is too timid sitting at the three waiting for things to happen..Felt played hard but it's not enough...Melo needs help, period, but this was visited last playoffs...
Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy