[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/17/2014  6:53 AM
tkf wrote:Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

um when was bargs playing against hibbert??? WOODY put Bargs on West all night. WOODY put Chandler on Hibbert. Playing the big lineup against the pacers is not going to work. If WOODY doesn't get that, is that the players' problem??? If WOODY doesn't understand that even with both Chandler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

At least if you look at Bargs v/s Hibbert, Bargs has the upper hand offensively. Do you really think Chandler is better than Hibbert in any facet of the game other than tap-backs? Bargs would have stretched and spaced the floor for us if he was given the chance. It's not Bargs' fault that WOODY didn't press his advantage. Coach is dumber and more stubborn than a mofo. Why play the Pacers' game? Their game is paint protection on defense, so give the green light to the 7 footer who can unclog the paint for us. It is really that simple and this dumb coach doesn't get it. Sadly, neither do you.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/17/2014  7:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  7:18 AM
I think its time for Woodson to try to bring Tyson off the bench in the guise of limiting his minutes and letting him get back his strength because starting him still isn't paying dividends. Sell it to him as taking one for the team if he has to.

I think a play that was emblematic of their night was when Melo was under the rim and all 5 yellow shirts were in the paint with him, and all 4 of Melo's teammates (bargs included) were out at the arc. Melo was trying to pass to one of them but he was too well defended, and none of them came into help. They just stood there like statues watching him try to pass the ball instead of moving in, cutting to the rim. D leaguers would have known that at least one of them should have tried to bail him out.

Prigs might be back for the next game and maybe he brings some cohesion back as well. I would try starting him over Felton if things stay in the muck and see what happens. Id also look into trading Tyson for a PG who is better than anyone on the current roster. I know you aren't supposed to trade big for small, but its at a point where Tyson healthy and contributing is the exception to the rule. Its always "when Tyson gets healthy". I know I've said it. Problem is he never is. Might get back to DPOY after being traded but thats not the point, its what he's doing here, which hasn't been much since his DPOY season.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2014  7:50 AM
Tyson is making $14mil per. Benching him would be a HUGE hit to his ego
Cartman718

1/17/2014  7:53 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Tyson is making $14mil per. Benching him would be a HUGE hit to his ego

you mean he cannot adjust like amare.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2014  8:11 AM
And Bargnani but I just don't see it
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2014  8:11 AM
Tyson is a champion in the eyes of the media
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/17/2014  9:15 AM
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

kudos to donnie walsh, larry bird, frank vogel for creating a winning culture.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

I agree, time to hit the reset button.. now!! bye melo!!

So essentially you are heralded as a troll everywhere you go? Nice!

being banned from the knicks realgm forum, where the lunatics are running the asylum, is actually a mark of distinction.

supporting this team gives real meaning to the term "fanatic."

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
1/17/2014  9:22 AM
i agree that woodson had no answer to the adjustments vogel made at the 8 minute mark in the game. that's why the tbs team said at the end of the game that if the knicks could bottle what they did in the first 8 minutes they would be in good shape. alas, woodson does not provide answers, it seems.

another important stat that has not been mentioned: when melo gets 4 or more assists the knicks win games. anything less and they lose. kenny smith poo-pooed the idea in the pregame. meanwhile he also said that melo needs to make a decision within three seconds. barkley said he agreed with both notions, implying that they were not mutually exclusive. he also said melo does not make anyone around him better.

melo got one assist and the knicks lost. so it goes

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/17/2014  10:38 AM
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

if that is what you get out of that, then that is on you.... smh

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/17/2014  10:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:

wow.

bye-bye melo.

To be fair, according to someones sig, you also said this on realgm:

TKF wrote:
carmelo doesn't exist to me.. really bro... I have given him the TKF amnesty. I won't refer to him, acknowledge him or discuss him.....

and on realgm, I don't talk about him... so whats the problem..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/17/2014  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  10:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
tkf wrote:Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

What a DICK move. Pick the game where Bargs has no impact and they don't even run any PnP for him and try to make it seem like he's not capable of scoring if he's actually used properly. If Woodson knew how to use Bargs better there's no reason he couldn't be much more effective in his normal PnP from the elbow game, where it's a fact that he's been among the best in the game scoring from there. Unless you have some made up stats that actually refute the fact that he's been a top PnP big? I'm so tired of your act. You add ZERO to this forum and you hide like a bitch when the team is doing well.

nah that is not a dick move.. you spent weeks on here posting videos talking like we had no clue what type of player bargs was.. I specifically told you that he won't pull hibbert away from the basket, because he never really has done that. If he had that type of effect he probably would still be in toronto, and they would be happy with him...

If Woodson knew how to use Bargs better there's no reason he couldn't be much more effective in his normal PnP from the elbow game, where it's a fact that he's been among the best in the game scoring from there.

There you go again.. backing yourself into a corner.. I mean dude, why do you pick such bums and questionable players to defend.. so now it is woodsons fault? what about in toronto? was it Triano's fault? what about the previous coach, who won coach of the year, sam mitchell? did he also not know how to use Bargnani?

Unless you have some made up stats that actually refute the fact that he's been a top PnP big?

why do I need to pull stats, the dude sucks, I can watch the game.. he didn't pull hibbert away from the hoop, that is a bunch of Bs... but I am going to ask you, why don't you find me the stats that say he was... why should I do your homework... a top PNP big? LOL. Ok lets be specific so we can get all of your excuses out of the way.... what year? and what do you consider top.. now you are even breaking it down to pick and POP... rofl.. dude you are reaching.... but hey, I never made the claim. so YOU find the stats..

You add ZERO to this forum and you hide like a bitch when the team is doing well.

actually I do, I add a dose of perspective.. I don't live in dream world like you do... and hide when the team is doing well? rofl.. well I guess I haven't been doing any hiding at all...

tkf
1/17/2014  10:57 AM
dk7th wrote:i agree that woodson had no answer to the adjustments vogel made at the 8 minute mark in the game. that's why the tbs team said at the end of the game that if the knicks could bottle what they did in the first 8 minutes they would be in good shape. alas, woodson does not provide answers, it seems.

another important stat that has not been mentioned: when melo gets 4 or more assists the knicks win games. anything less and they lose. kenny smith poo-pooed the idea in the pregame. meanwhile he also said that melo needs to make a decision within three seconds. barkley said he agreed with both notions, implying that they were not mutually exclusive. he also said melo does not make anyone around him better.

while I don't think that woodson is a good coach at all, he is now taking a bit too much blame.. last year and the year before, it was all about woody and Grunny... how woodson preaches defense, holds people accountable, how he was the perfect coach for carmelo and jr AND THIS BUNCH... now every loss seems to be his fault... I think that is turning a blind eye to the real problem... this is a bad collection of players...

I mean yea it would be nice if the knicks could bottle the good moments, but that goes for all teams that are not playing well... they have stretches whey they look good, the problem is, they never can maintain that on a consistent basis.. which is why they usually end up with bad records.

If you look at the pacers, they are one of if not the best 3rd qtr team in the NBA, they usually get off to slow starts, as does paul george, not sure it is slow as in playing bad, but slow as in feeling out the pace and opponent.... carmelo came out shooting hot and the knicks were still down... at that point we knew they were in trouble, because the pacers get better as the game goes along.. I watch a lot of pacers games, so I sensed this could and would happen... vogel has the pieces to adjust with... woodson doesn't have many answers, and not trying to make excuses for woodson, I think it is a combination of bad coaching and lack of necessary resources..

dk7th
USA
1/17/2014  11:33 AM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:i agree that woodson had no answer to the adjustments vogel made at the 8 minute mark in the game. that's why the tbs team said at the end of the game that if the knicks could bottle what they did in the first 8 minutes they would be in good shape. alas, woodson does not provide answers, it seems.

while I don't think that woodson is a good coach at all, he is now taking a bit too much blame.. last year and the year before, it was all about woody and Grunny... how woodson preaches defense, holds people accountable, how he was the perfect coach for carmelo and jr AND THIS BUNCH... now every loss seems to be his fault... I think that is turning a blind eye to the real problem... this is a bad collection of players...

I mean yea it would be nice if the knicks could bottle the good moments, but that goes for all teams that are not playing well... they have stretches whey they look good, the problem is, they never can maintain that on a consistent basis.. which is why they usually end up with bad records.

If you look at the pacers, they are one of if not the best 3rd qtr team in the NBA, they usually get off to slow starts, as does paul george, not sure it is slow as in playing bad, but slow as in feeling out the pace and opponent.... carmelo came out shooting hot and the knicks were still down... at that point we knew they were in trouble, because the pacers get better as the game goes along.. I watch a lot of pacers games, so I sensed this could and would happen... vogel has the pieces to adjust with... woodson doesn't have many answers, and not trying to make excuses for woodson, I think it is a combination of bad coaching and lack of necessary resources..

yes the end of first quarter i said to myself "wow he just scored 18 points and they are still down. what is going on?" well what i see about the pacers is the same thing i see about any good top echelon team: they are utterly opportunistic.

knicks aren't opportunistic. they are very slow. i never see a fast break from them. their interior defense is atrocious.

and it doesn't matter how hot melo is-- if the knicks don't know how to get stops they will lose. i mean indiana scored 117 points and 40 points in the paint. 50% from the field, 43.5% from the 3. stevenson murdered them last night.

as far as woodson getting more than his share of the blame, i suppose that is valid-- because the roster is just so bad and the esprit de corps has got to be super low as well. i think the knicks season was over before it began, to be honest.

do you realize the knicks are going to have to go 22-21 the remainder of the season just reach 37 wins?

Cartman718

1/17/2014  12:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

um when was bargs playing against hibbert??? WOODY put Bargs on West all night. WOODY put Chandler on Hibbert. Playing the big lineup against the pacers is not going to work. If WOODY doesn't get that, is that the players' problem??? If WOODY doesn't understand that even with both Chandler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

At least if you look at Bargs v/s Hibbert, Bargs has the upper hand offensively. Do you really think Chandler is better than Hibbert in any facet of the game other than tap-backs? Bargs would have stretched and spaced the floor for us if he was given the chance. It's not Bargs' fault that WOODY didn't press his advantage. Coach is dumber and more stubborn than a mofo. Why play the Pacers' game? Their game is paint protection on defense, so give the green light to the 7 footer who can unclog the paint for us. It is really that simple and this dumb coach doesn't get it. Sadly, neither do you.

tkf....?

tkf
1/17/2014  12:44 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

dude actually I do get it.. you don't. my point was, all of this dragging hibbert out of the lane was rubbish if anything, I said the pacers would put West on Bargs anyway.... but go check my post if you don't believe me...

handler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

thanks sherlock.. you are making my argument for me.. again, getting bargs and using the argument that he will drag hibbert out of the lane was rubbish.. in the end, bargs has to guard those bigs on the other end.. but as you said yourself.. Hibbert is better than both, so why make the defense for bargnani... is that a hit on bargs? YES IT IS, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS THAT HE IS HERE TO BRING HIBBERT AWAY FROM THE HOOP.... It didn't work...

tkf
1/17/2014  12:54 PM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:

yes the end of first quarter i said to myself "wow he just scored 18 points and they are still down. what is going on?" well what i see about the pacers is the same thing i see about any good top echelon team: they are utterly opportunistic.

knicks aren't opportunistic. they are very slow. i never see a fast break from them. their interior defense is atrocious.

and it doesn't matter how hot melo is-- if the knicks don't know how to get stops they will lose. i mean indiana scored 117 points and 40 points in the paint. 50% from the field, 43.5% from the 3. stevenson murdered them last night.

as far as woodson getting more than his share of the blame, i suppose that is valid-- because the roster is just so bad and the esprit de corps has got to be super low as well. i think the knicks season was over before it began, to be honest.

do you realize the knicks are going to have to go 22-21 the remainder of the season just reach 37 wins?

Another thing, while carmelo was scoring and posing...putting the three fingers to his head.. his teammates were watching.. not moving, not engaged.. this thing that one guy needs to go ham so the fans can engage in hero worship sickens me.... carmelo was working hard for shots, which is what teams like the heat and pacers will do.. go ahead and shoot, but by the second half, those legs are gone...we will make you work hard for every bucket... in contrast, PG was passing, defending, guys like west, scola, even granger were allowed to get into the flow of the offense.. and stay engaged... by time the second half rolled around, those guys were in a groove, especially george and lance... but as a team, they all were engaged, because they were allowed to, the best players on their team, allowed that to happen..

so it was no surprise that carmelo was going to be defended hard and tired the second half, and that other guys would not have any type of rhythm. is that on woodson? yea, he is part to blame,but again, that part also falls on the players as well.

i mean indiana scored 117 points and 40 points in the paint. 50% from the field, 43.5% from the 3. stevenson murdered them last night.

points in the paint is soooooo important.. i said when we traded for bargs, how does he help our two pressing needs.. points in the paint and rebounding.. knicks are dead last in points in the paint.. now I am not saying if you score in the paint you automatically win, I mean detroit leads in points in the paint, but they have other problems.. my point again, knicks failed to address their needs to make them stronger... bargs was not the answer... on either end.. scoring in or defending the paint.

yikes!!

tkf
1/17/2014  12:55 PM
tkf wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

dude actually I do get it.. you don't. my point was, all of this dragging hibbert out of the lane was rubbish if anything, I said the pacers would put West on Bargs anyway.... but go check my post if you don't believe me...

handler and Hibbert healthy, Hibbert is the better 2 way player.... that's now a hit on Bargs...??

thanks sherlock.. you are making my argument for me.. again, getting bargs and using the argument that he will drag hibbert out of the lane was rubbish.. in the end, bargs has to guard those bigs on the other end.. but as you said yourself.. Hibbert is better than both, so why make the defense for bargnani... is that a hit on bargs? YES IT IS, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS THAT HE IS HERE TO BRING HIBBERT AWAY FROM THE HOOP.... It didn't work...

cartman...???
Cartman718

1/17/2014  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  1:44 PM
tkf wrote:
tkf wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

cartman...???

no... you are making my argument for me...so if the starting lineup had been kmart and bargs instead of bargs and chandler, you think hibbert would have been guarding kmart???? dude would have run right past hibbert, or did you not see vogel himself admitting that bargs at C is a bigger matchup problem?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/17/2014  1:46 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
tkf wrote:
tkf wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

cartman...???

no... you are making my argument for me...so if the starting lineup had been kmart and bargs instead of bargs and chandler, you think hibbert would have been guarding kmart???? dude would have run right past hibbert, or did you not see vogel himself admitting that bargs at C is a bigger matchup problem?

Actually they played Hibbert on K-mart in the first game.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/17/2014  1:54 PM
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
tkf wrote:

wow.

bye-bye melo.

being banned from the knicks realgm forum, where the lunatics are running the asylum, is actually a mark of distinction.

supporting this team gives real meaning to the term "fanatic."

You're on a Knicks forum and you don't support the team? What's the term for that??
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy