Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/16/2014  10:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:This team plays like the personality of the head coach and his assistants. NO BRAINER.
Again cant just balme teh coach. We dont have the talent to be a contender

When you get a superior coach in here who doesn't play favorites or who doesn't play to the team strengths you get what you see. These guys are better than what they are showing.

Maybe but not much better

They're MUCH better than they've shown! A good coach would have this talent at least playing to its potential. This is WAY BELOW this teams potential.

What did he do his first two years in ny? The only guy to win anything since jvg

Woody had player coaches on the team, no brainer there

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

1/16/2014  10:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  10:05 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Cope doesn't play all season, but he finds time to twist the knife even deeper against us

Simple answer for that is Vogel is an a**hole

Nah,he's just emptying his bench. Cope is that far down in the pecking order. Copeland leaving was a chess move by Walsh/Bird. He(Copeland) might have served some purpose with the Pacers, but it hurt the Knicks more to lose him.

Judging by tonight's game we are not even close to being in the same league as these guys, don't really think Indiana is that concerned about us that taking away a mediocre player like Copeland makes a difference.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/16/2014  10:05 PM
playa2 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:This team plays like the personality of the head coach and his assistants. NO BRAINER.

When you get a superior coach in here who doesn't play favorites or who doesn't play to the team strengths you get what you see. These guys are better than what they are showing.

They're MUCH better than they've shown! A good coach would have this talent at least playing to its potential. This is WAY BELOW this teams potential.

What did he do his first two years in ny? The only guy to win anything since jvg

Um they sucked under D'Antoni but turned things around when he took over. I agree that the vet presence helped a lot last year but I think the biggest difference was with JR.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
playa2

1/16/2014  10:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The record is an overused point when it comes to Woody. That's not the measure of what kind of coach he is. SOmetimes a coach is riding a team like Secretariat as opposed to being the driving force and being the reason his team overachieves.

My test is the answer to these kinds of questions. What does this team do well? What identity has Woody developed for this team over the last 3 years that you can point to? How well does Woody use the players he has? How has Woody fostered the team chemistry so that it works at an elite level? Do analysts and fans use the term "well coached" when describing the Knicks?

Nixluva I don't know what these guys are watching, Woody's style and strategy would make you think the knicks are an expansion team.

This was the team that knocked them out of the playoffs, and they played like it was a team from the western conference where there wasn't any history there. SMH

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

1/16/2014  10:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Um they sucked under D'Antoni but turned things around when he took over. I agree that the vet presence helped a lot last year but I think the biggest difference was with JR.

They dogged it during the end of D'antoni's run. That's why a coach resigns. So Woodson picked up the mantle and Melo turned up his game. They still talk about how he took them into the playoffs. Him, Lin and JR. Now, with Woodson totally in charge, having forsaken any semblance of SSOL and a brain fart on defense gets you this crappy brand of b-ball.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
playa2

1/16/2014  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  10:17 PM
These players know Woody is the weak link, when teams adjust to what we are doing, , Tyson is telling the truth !
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/16/2014  10:18 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They dogged it during the end of D'antoni's run. That's why a coach resigns. So Woodson picked up the mantle and Melo turned up his game. They still talk about how he took them into the playoffs. Him, Lin and JR. Now, with Woodson totally in charge, having forsaken any semblance of SSOL and a brain fart on defense gets you this crappy brand of b-ball.

Lin only played in seven games for Woodson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/16/2014  10:22 PM
good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

kudos to donnie walsh, larry bird, frank vogel for creating a winning culture.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/16/2014  11:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  11:19 PM
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

the pacers have a great team. must be fun to be a pacers fan with years of relevance and contending to look forward to. granger buying in.

wow.

love him or hate him the knicks have got to get rid of carmelo anthony some way somehow... 5 weeks away and maybe we will see the end of the melo era.
bye-bye melo.

just a huge mistake and waste of time and money. time to press the reset button.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

I agree, time to hit the reset button.. now!! bye melo!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/16/2014  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  11:47 PM
Papabear Says

You know some people on the forum are real nut cases. Here they are comparing the Pacers front office to the Knicks. Say Lets press the reset button. Then what? Just because the Pacers have a good team does not mean we will have one. Oh so TKF is putting his faith in Dolan now. Melo is our franchise player and getting rid of Melo will not help this team. Tonight Amare got hurt Martin got hurt , world peace is hurt. We need to rebuild and be smart about it. The only way we win is if get a great point guard and another superstar. And by the way if the Pacers don't win it this year you will see this Pacers team breaking down. Lance Stevenson will get offers he can't refuse in big Markets so will other Pacers so they better win it this year.And they won't. They will come close but they must face the LeBron, Wade, and Bosh factor and they won't win.

Papabear
tkf
1/16/2014  11:50 PM
Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/16/2014  11:51 PM
playa2 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
playa2 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The coach, just like everyone else in the organization, follows the mandates handed down by the owner. Woodson isn't the best coach, but I don't think it's fair to blame him for playing favorites. I think he's just following orders in a lot of instances.

Well then we might as well let Herb coach the team, he's the in house snitch anyway, just getting a check for information to Isiah and Dolan.

Papabear Says

LOL that's messed up.

Papabear
tkf
1/16/2014  11:52 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

You know some people on the forum are real nut cases. Here they are comparing the Pacers front office to the Knicks. Say Lets press the reset button. Then what? Just because the Pacers have a good team does not mean we will have one. Oh so TKF is putting his faith in Dolan now. Melo is our franchise player and getting rid of Melo will not help this team. Tonight Amare got hurt Martin got hurt , world peace is hurt. We need to rebuild and be smart about it. The only way we win is if get a great point guard and another superstar. And by the way if the Pacers don't win it this year you will see this Pacers team breaking down. Lance Stevenson will get offers he can't refuse in big Markets so will other Pacers so they better win it this year.And they won't. They will come close but they must face the LeBron, Wade, and Bosh factor and they won't win.

hey it is called addition by subtraction. .get carmelo out of here and change the culture to a winning one... I have no faith in dolan, I feel if the knicks ever win, it will be in spite of dolan.. but that won't happen with this team... no way, no how.. not good enough..

Dagger
Member: #4184

1/17/2014  1:04 AM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:good litmus test game for the knicks. this puts the knicks situation in some real perspective. 15-24

wow.

bye-bye melo.

EXACTLY.. you know what dk I was scolded on realgm for wanting a team full of guys who were not superstars but very good players... now those same people are talking about not having enough "good guys" on this team.. LOL... Great teams win, great players make great teams.. we certainly can learn a lesson from the pacers.

So essentially you are heralded as a troll everywhere you go? Nice!

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/17/2014  3:14 AM
Clean wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Clean wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn 1m

Melo has officially had it with Ray. He's now as frustrated with his teammates as we've seen him.

Join the club Melo

The players should have thought about that when they were so eager to push Lin out.

This Lin worship is pathetic. One more time; Lin didn't want to be here. He didn't come back in the playoffs. He took his matched contract to be altered. Once again; Lin didn't want to be here

Lin had no say in if he could leave or stay. That is the nature of restricted contracts. The Knicks had the option to sign him and they chose not to. I can not blame a person who was one month from being out of the league for getting as much money as he can.

Lin started this season hot, but he hasn't really played well since he returned from injury. Also only averaging 4 assists.

smackeddog
1/17/2014  3:15 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Cope doesn't play all season, but he finds time to twist the knife even deeper against us

Simple answer for that is Vogel is an a**hole

Nah,he's just emptying his bench. Cope is that far down in the pecking order. Copeland leaving was a chess move by Walsh/Bird. He(Copeland) might have served some purpose with the Pacers, but it hurt the Knicks more to lose him.

Nope, Vogel is an a**hole!

smackeddog
1/17/2014  3:16 AM
tkf wrote:

wow.

bye-bye melo.

To be fair, according to someones sig, you also said this on realgm:

TKF wrote:
carmelo doesn't exist to me.. really bro... I have given him the TKF amnesty. I won't refer to him, acknowledge him or discuss him.....
smackeddog
1/17/2014  3:21 AM
Another no show by Bargs- life is tough for him, being expected to actually care and try every game. Get Beno off this team. Unfortunately I think once Prigs is back, Murry won't be playing, so it's back to having no defense from the PG position. And to add insult to injury we lose Amar'e to a very bad ankle sprain (apparently it swelled up badly after the game and was throbbing), and K-Mart. Oh and Tim Hardaway Jr re-aggravated his wrist injury.

Wonder if Tyler will get some playing time while they're out.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/17/2014  4:48 AM
tkf wrote:Oh BTW nixluva... what happened to Bargs pulling Hibbert away from the basket...

and please don't blame woodson. bargs hasn't dragged anyone away from the basket all season..

What a DICK move. Pick the game where Bargs has no impact and they don't even run any PnP for him and try to make it seem like he's not capable of scoring if he's actually used properly. If Woodson knew how to use Bargs better there's no reason he couldn't be much more effective in his normal PnP from the elbow game, where it's a fact that he's been among the best in the game scoring from there. Unless you have some made up stats that actually refute the fact that he's been a top PnP big? I'm so tired of your act. You add ZERO to this forum and you hide like a bitch when the team is doing well.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/17/2014  6:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2014  6:31 AM
Missed a majority of last night's game, thank God. Caught the last few mins though -- still say Cole Aldrich is far from a bum. This guy could absolutely be helping us as a glass-eater and rim protector. I know it was garbage time in a blowout game but still, he more than held his own against Ian Mahinmi. How 'bout that block he had on the Mahinmi dunk attempt late? Tyler looked pretty good again as well -- I liked the defense he showed popping out on someone out high late (maybe Scola or someone smaller) and he converted nicely inside at least twice. I for one want to see more of these two guys playing TOGETHER.

Here's hoping both STAT and Martin aren't hurt that bad but sit tonight. Play Aldrich and Tyler meaningful mins. against DeAndre Jordan and Griffin. Let's see what they can do against those guys. This team is going nowhere -- at least find out EXACTLY what you have on this roster 1-15..

Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy