[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/16/2014  7:09 AM
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George followed his worst showing of the season with a big-time game earlier this week.

On Thursday night, the Pacers look to continue their winning ways against the visiting New York Knicks, a team George dominated earlier this season.

George scored 31 points in leading Indiana (30-7) to a 116-92 victory over Sacramento on Tuesday. That followed his lowest-scoring game of the season, an eight-point effort on 2-of-14 shooting in a 93-66 win against Washington on Friday.

“I wasn’t shooting the ball well. I try to limit those, but some nights it’s going to be like that, I guess,” George told the team’s official website. “(Against the Kings) I got back into a rhythm.”

George has already shown he can fill it up against the Knicks (15-23). When the teams met Nov. 20 in New York, George scored 21 of his 35 points in the fourth quarter and overtime, helping Indiana to a 103-96 win. In their second-round playoff series last season, which the Pacers won in six games, George averaged 19.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists.

Along with their top player getting back on track, the Pacers also will have the advantage of playing at home, where they have been nearly unstoppable. Indiana has the NBA’s best home record at 19-1, including wins in eight straight.

The Pacers have also won six in row against the Knicks in Indianapolis, including the playoffs.

A victory won’t be easy, as New York enters riding its best stretch of the season, having won six of eight.

“The Knicks have been playing well,” guard Lance Stephenson said. “We just have to stop what they like to do and bring energy, and bring excitement. Play hard defense, send them to Roy (Hibbert), who’s doing a good job playing defense and blocking shots.”

Hibbert, who ranks among the league leaders with 2.6 blocks per game, will be matched up against center Tyson Chandler, who is close to full strength after missing four games in the past week because of bronchitis. Chandler returned Tuesday at Charlotte but played only 16 minutes in a 108-98 loss, scoring five points and grabbing four rebounds.

“Any time you sit out multiple games, you have to try to work your way back in,” Chandler said. “Get your strength back, conditioning, timing, the team has to get used to you. All those things come into play.

“Obviously Indiana has been playing great basketball throughout the year, so it will be a tough one, but it will be a nice challenge for us.”

Chandler missed the first meeting this season because of a broken leg, and he was thoroughly outplayed by Hibbert in the playoffs. Chandler averaged 6.2 points and 6.0 rebounds while Hibbert averaged 13.3 points, 10.3 boards and 3.2 blocks.

Point guard Raymond Felton also was on the bench for the first matchup because of back and hip injuries, but he has been a key to the Knicks’ resurgence with averages of 13.2 points and 6.0 assists over the last five games.

Felton missed 12 of the previous 13 contests due to injuries.

Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony scored 30 points in November’s meeting after averaging 28.5 in last season’s playoff series.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/16/2014  9:29 AM
tyson should come like a man posses

Bargi should have a real good game because he will be open alot

More post play for amare can easily get Hibbert in foul trouble

Shump and melo should take turns guarding Paul G

More importantly, treat this game like a Playoff battle.

ES
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

1/16/2014  9:33 AM
Try giving the writers you copy and paste from the credit they deserve playa.
knicks1248
1/16/2014  10:17 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Try giving the writers you copy and paste from the credit they deserve playa.

I don't think he posted that as if he actually wrote the article.

ES
GustavBahler

1/16/2014  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Try giving the writers you copy and paste from the credit they deserve playa.

I don't think he posted that as if he actually wrote the article.

Playa has in his conspiracy threads, frequently. Either way he should still provide a link and the name of whoever went to the trouble to write this.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/16/2014  10:59 AM
i look forward to seeing how good the knicks are as they play against a real contender.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler

1/16/2014  11:23 AM
dk7th wrote:i look forward to seeing how good the knicks are as they play against a real contender.

With Tyson looking vs the bobcats like he did the last time they faced Indy, it could get dicey. I'm curious as to what JR's role will be, if he has any at all? They both were MIA for that series so I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome was the same tonite.

I'm not putting too much stock in this matchup, not until Tyson is reasonably healthy and JR is out of the doghouse and is more consistent. THJ has been coming off the bench first, which is welcome news. He starts great but gets shot happy. I'm curious to see how Bargs does defensively against their bigs, one on one. We know his team D is still a work in progress, to put it nicely.

misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
1/16/2014  11:25 AM
Miami Heat are pretend contenders

dk7th wrote:i look forward to seeing how good the knicks are as they play against a real contender.

The Knicks are not that good. The season record validates that.

We plays 'em one at a time.

once a knick always a knick
knicks1248
1/16/2014  11:50 AM
misterearl wrote:Miami Heat are pretend contenders

The Knicks are not that good. The season record validates that.

We plays 'em one at a time.

we lost to them on a BS call, in the middle of a 9 game losing streak..

we can beat this team if we play up to our talent..

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/16/2014  12:35 PM
They are not really fast so we do have a chance.
But defense must be much better that our average.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
playa2

1/16/2014  12:43 PM

Stop being a clown, anybody who reads the game threads i create know they are from AP. LOL

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GustavBahler

1/16/2014  12:46 PM
playa2 wrote:

Stop being a clown, anybody who reads the game threads i create know they are from AP. LOL

After all the hore**** you have posted over the years in those conspiracy threads, my defending your right to do it, you call me a clown, you little bitch? Im talking about you giving writers credit, not intentionally leaving out any way of finding out who actually wrote it.

playa2

1/16/2014  12:48 PM
Bargs should play the role Copeland played in the playoffs by taking the center or power forward away from under the basket.

Amare and Bargs have the ability to knock down foul line jumpers while everybody else is out on the perimeter.

This is what Indiana coach Vogel was afraid of (outside shooting of our frontcourt) ,that's why they signed Copeland away from us.

playa2

1/16/2014  12:53 PM
What will probably take place tonight is Knicks will try and bring Hibbert out of the paint with front court jump shooter. Vogel will counter with his PF going out to defend , so Woody must counteract that move by playing Amare and Bargs when Hibbert is on the court. WE SHALL SEE !
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/16/2014  1:18 PM
playa2 wrote:What will probably take place tonight is Knicks will try and bring Hibbert out of the paint with front court jump shooter. Vogel will counter with his PF going out to defend , so Woody must counteract that move by playing Amare and Bargs when Hibbert is on the court. WE SHALL SEE !

something tells me its gonna be the same story as last game. woodson.....i will play chandler because he's all team defense and when he's unable to stop hibbert... i will play him some more. instead of going with my advantage against them... a 7 footer who can shoot the 3 ball and no one other than hibbert with the length to stop it.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
1/16/2014  1:31 PM
playa2 wrote:What will probably take place tonight is Knicks will try and bring Hibbert out of the paint with front court jump shooter. Vogel will counter with his PF going out to defend , so Woody must counteract that move by playing Amare and Bargs when Hibbert is on the court. WE SHALL SEE !

paul geogre has been the real problem, not really hibert

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/16/2014  1:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

paul geogre has been the real problem, not really hibert

question.. who is a given with the pacer's talent and who is the pivotal player?
paul george is the given.
but inspite of all his talent, if hibbert was to not play today, they would lose this game.
this is why hibbert is the real problem. let paul score, we can outscore them if they do not have hibbert's defense in the paint.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2014  1:40 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

something tells me its gonna be the same story as last game. woodson.....i will play chandler because he's all team defense and when he's unable to stop hibbert... i will play him some more. instead of going with my advantage against them... a 7 footer who can shoot the 3 ball and no one other than hibbert with the length to stop it.

Bank on it.

Indiana 98
Knicks 88

Dagger
Member: #4184

1/16/2014  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2014  1:52 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Woody will play Bargs against Hibbert because Melo will tell him to, Melo hates having Hibbert's fat ass clogging up the paint and molesting him every time he tries to drive, while the agenda-driven refs swallow their whistles. Hibbert's magical "verticality" defense that allows him to play with a different set of rules than everyone else will have to be overcome somehow.

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
1/16/2014  2:10 PM
Dagger wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Woody will play Bargs against Hibbert because Melo will tell him to, Melo hates having Hibbert's fat ass clogging up the paint and molesting him every time he tries to drive, while the agenda-driven refs swallow their whistles. Hibbert's magical "verticality" defense that allows him to play with a different set of rules than everyone else will have to be overcome somehow.

The BS term, which was never used before last year's playoffs, is just so irritating and I agree Melo will push Woody hard to utilize this scheme for him to play bully ball.

Don't forget though, George and/or West are no slouches on the D end.

Would be a huge win and I think the Knicks need to spread the floor well and hit their open outside shots to have a shot. And hopefully Shump starts to recognize he has the clear ability to drive the ball.

If JR gets to play, I'm curious to see if Lance gets in his head before halftime.

Indiana Pacers vs NewYork Knicks Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy