[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Suns can't Cool down Hot knicks..Suns Vs Knicks
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2014  10:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I expect Charlotte to run us off the floor tomorrow. I hope STAT got some rest because we're going to need him.
He didn't look as good tonight. Not sure why. A lot of smiling, chatting and hugging of the Suns etc in addition to looking really bad on d. Hope he is back to being locked in tomorrow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/13/2014  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2014  10:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I expect Charlotte to run us off the floor tomorrow. I hope STAT got some rest because we're going to need him.

Charlotte is certainly going to try because that's the only chance they have to win......but they won't win.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/13/2014  10:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
He didn't look as good tonight. Not sure why. A lot of smiling, chatting and hugging of the Suns etc in addition to looking really bad on d. Hope he is back to being locked in tomorrow.

Their bigs made it tough for him to work in the post. Going to be nights like this but its great that Kmart is around to pick up the slack.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/13/2014  10:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. What a grind. Great win. Go NY Go

indeed man.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
CrushAlot
USA
1/13/2014  10:50 PM
Tommy Beer ‏@TommyBeer 2m
Knicks allowing opponents to score just 89.0 points/game over last 5 contests (5 wins)... NY had allowed 107.2 ppg in 5 previous games
CrushAlot
USA
1/13/2014  10:52 PM
Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow 3h
#Knicks are now tied w/ the longest winning streak in the league & longest in the East. They also moved into the 8th spot.

Knicks have the eigth seed. Well were movin on up....

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/13/2014  10:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:this is why melo get flack. he follows a great play with stupid iso that now gives the suns a chance

Woodson called that iso

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/13/2014  11:02 PM
I was happy with a lot of stuff we haven't been doing well this year -- closing out on the 3-pt line (esp late -- there was a play late where Melo shot right out to his man behind the arc up high with a purpose like I haven't seen outta him or anybody else so far this year); I actually thought Woody had a real good game esp late -- instructing his team to give fouls when needed (foul to give), loved the counter timeout after seeing how the Suns were set up, etc. One of those home games where the shots weren't dropping again late yet this time we showed excellent resolve & did the other things necessary to win the game...Good hard fought win. Bravo!

Bottom line is that when we were just going bad, we lose this in regulation. No question about it...We lose the Detroit game at home as well. Hopefully we've turned it for good now and we can all look forward to a much better brand of basketball for the rest of the season. Too bad we had to dig ourselves such an unnecessary hole early in the year. See what happens from here on in -- get greedy, go for broke and get this one tomorrow for 6 in a row!

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/13/2014  11:07 PM
Nice to see some wins I guess.. This team is no where near a contender, not even close.. still not sure if this is a playoff team, but I will say they are playing better, with more confidence.. Felton I think has a lot to do with that, for all the flack he receives, he does play hard... maybe not the most talented, but he will give all he has and leave it out there...

15-22 is still bad, but much better than 10-22

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
USA
1/13/2014  11:12 PM
tkf wrote:Nice to see some wins I guess.. This team is no where near a contender, not even close.. still not sure if this is a playoff team, but I will say they are playing better, with more confidence.. Felton I think has a lot to do with that, for all the flack he receives, he does play hard... maybe not the most talented, but he will give all he has and leave it out there...

Felton and the player of the week.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/13/2014  11:14 PM
tkf wrote:Nice to see some wins I guess.. This team is no where near a contender, not even close.. still not sure if this is a playoff team, but I will say they are playing better, with more confidence.. Felton I think has a lot to do with that, for all the flack he receives, he does play hard... maybe not the most talented, but he will give all he has and leave it out there...

+1

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/13/2014  11:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Papabear Says

It was a great game and Melo is the player of the week. LOL you know who can't help himself. Even when we win he can't stand it. sick dude LOL

Papabear
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/13/2014  11:37 PM
Man sorry I missed this, will probably miss tomorrow too because I am traveling for work.

Hope the Knicks keep this up. The race to .500 is on.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
CrushAlot
USA
1/13/2014  11:43 PM
Missed most of the first half. Watching the Knicks in 60. Melo was a passing fiend. Shump and Bargs missing very makeable shots.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/14/2014  4:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Missed most of the first half. Watching the Knicks in 60. Melo was a passing fiend. Shump and Bargs missing very makeable shots.

This is why I feel for the most part very secure in saying this is a New Melo. I've got some who aren't convinced, but if they're using their eyes they'd see the difference. There's an intent that is much more focused and it's not taking away from his own game. People can't put too much into Melo's missed shots at the end of the game as that's going to happen. He wasn't being selfish, just trying to win the game as he should, but it didn't work out perfectly. Still the team did win and he did make an important pass to Felton which can't be ignored.

The other thing I feel needs addressing is this idea some had that they could bash Bargs for his D, but they haven't noticed that he's actually put in more effort on D than at any time in his career. I was hoping the culture here would rub off on him and Bargs is showing that he can step up his effort. He still has his moments, but overall he's been MUCH improved. The team is playing VERY good D during this streak.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/14/2014  5:46 AM
Great to get the win, and nice to see us win these close ones- earlier in the season we just seemed to fold. Some nice defense by Bargs!

I am however so fed up of us NEVER getting the right calls at the end of close games at home- it's beyond a joke. We got screwed twice.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/14/2014  8:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

who was that Crush? Oh.. it was tkf posting so he's like Voldemort, we will just say "he who shall not be named"

Meanwhile what did our big gun do? 30points and 16boards in a grind it out game? Lets focus on his FG%

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/14/2014  9:36 AM
Good straw man argument. I don't think anyone here gives a lot of weight to FG%
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/14/2014  9:48 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

who was that Crush? Oh.. it was tkf posting so he's like Voldemort, we will just say "he who shall not be named"

Meanwhile what did our big gun do? 30points and 16boards in a grind it out game? Lets focus on his FG%

He Who Guesses at Incredible Feats of Brilliance

Hey, at least he doesn't have JKidd to cream all over this season...

And let's focus on all the shots he doesn't make, not the pass to Felton for the three. If Shump and Bargs could hit the broad side of a barn last night, The One We Will Not Speak Of would have had a triple double.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/14/2014  9:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He Who Guesses at Incredible Feats of Brilliance

Hey, at least he doesn't have JKidd to cream all over this season...

And let's focus on all the shots he doesn't make, not the pass to Felton for the three. If Shump and Bargs could hit the broad side of a barn last night, The One We Will Not Speak Of would have had a triple double.

You're getting desperate
Game Thread: Suns can't Cool down Hot knicks..Suns Vs Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy