ScoreBot
1/11/2014  10:00 PM
Final  
PHI 92 NYK 102
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/11/2014  10:00 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Also, Bargs is not a 3 pt shooter anymore. He needs to work on his corner 3s , something he has never shot a lot of or a high % but that should be something he adds to his game if he wants to keep that element.

Just glad he isn't beating that horse to death and focusing more on his mid range game and taking it to the rim. I agree he needs to get better though, draw their bigs out.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2014  10:01 PM
another great game. Knicks are hitting their stride.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/11/2014  10:06 PM
Papabear Says

Good Game. They did what they had to do.

Papabear
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

1/11/2014  10:08 PM
Woody had a good sit down with JR yesterday.
NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/11/2014  10:19 PM
Knicks look so much better when Melo draws the defense and passes off to the open man. Seven assists and nine rebounds tonight? Good job. I can overlook the inefficient scoring when he fills the stat sheet like that.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/11/2014  10:21 PM
Love the pick and roll with Melo and Amare..Hope Amare stays healthy ..
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/11/2014  10:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2014  10:31 PM
2 out of 3 on a tough Texas trip, followed by the win against Detroit (barely but whatever, a win's a win---earlier this year, we lose this game) and now 2 more wins against the defending champions and Philly on the road. Maybe we really are turning the corner.

After a rough 1st quarter, we took control of this game and never gave it up. Gotta give JR some credit -- I still can't stand him but the dude came back with his best overall effort in a long time. Hopefully he can sustain it and get back to being a regular contributor.

Impressed with James Anderson. I remember this guy well in college at K-State. Classic example here of a guy with more than enough talent to play in the NBA but for whatever reason he hasn't stuck yet. The DL and Europe are filled with guys like this. There's just many more good players out there than there are roster spots on NBA teams. Maybe soon we revisit the idea of league expansion by another few teams...Glad to see Anderson's getting a chance to show what he can do. The man's talented. I thought he looked very good tonight for the Sixers.

Nice win tonight. Indiana next, right? Good barometer game for us.

nycisgreat
Member: #3894

1/11/2014  10:43 PM
holfresh wrote:Love the pick and roll with Melo and Amare..Hope Amare stays healthy ..

Yes sir! They need to run that one more often. You can double both guys. Other team will just have to pick their poison.

holfresh

1/11/2014  11:19 PM
I'm surprised Melo doesn't try to be more of a facilitator...He can be a great passer...
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2014  3:46 AM
holfresh wrote:I'm surprised Melo doesn't try to be more of a facilitator...He can be a great passer...

That's what Said. LOL
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/12/2014  5:15 AM
Man, Spencer Hawes is annoying!
holfresh

1/12/2014  7:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2014  8:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:I'm surprised Melo doesn't try to be more of a facilitator...He can be a great passer...

That's what Said. LOL

It's pretty sad actually, never learned how to best use Melo's talents or DHow for that matter..Gasol is lost..Still no defense..Guys can't wait to get out of LA..The system will save us all..Still defending him, huh, even after mountains of evidence that he only knows one way..Riley adjusted to his roster..Now u are riding Woody, that part is comical..

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/12/2014  8:53 AM
holfresh wrote:I'm surprised Melo doesn't try to be more of a facilitator.

Wow, you're actually agreeing with DKh7 now!

holfresh

1/12/2014  9:16 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:I'm surprised Melo doesn't try to be more of a facilitator.

Wow, you're actually agreeing with DKh7 now!

I have actually said this all along..But I doubt DK uses that tone when it comes to Melo..

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2014  3:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's what Said. LOL

It's pretty sad actually, never learned how to best use Melo's talents or DHow for that matter..Gasol is lost..Still no defense..Guys can't wait to get out of LA..The system will save us all..Still defending him, huh, even after mountains of evidence that he only knows one way..Riley adjusted to his roster..Now u are riding Woody, that part is comical..

You're post is so full of ISH it's not even funny. The Lakers were actually winning games before they had all the injuries. Melo sure does seem to flourish when he plays the way MDA was asking him to play tho!!! Playing in the flow of the offense, looking for teammates, more catch and shoot, PnR plays verses ISO's. This is more like Olympics Melo than the jab step, jab step, force it Melo. This is what MDA was trying to get him to do. WTF are you talking about?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2014  3:52 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's what Said. LOL

Jim Buss is trying to make the hire not look like a mistake. Howard leaving the Lakers and taking 25 million less in the process would never have happened with Jerry and Phil running things. It probably wouldn't have happened with Bickerstaff coaching. Not a fan of D'Antoni. He seems to have resorted to his cute quips to avoid responsibility for the current losing situation he is in. I hope for Gasol's sake he is moved soon. That loss to the Clippers at the Staple Center was brutal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

1/12/2014  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2014  4:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's what Said. LOL

You're post is so full of ISH it's not even funny. The Lakers were actually winning games before they had all the injuries. Melo sure does seem to flourish when he plays the way MDA was asking him to play tho!!! Playing in the flow of the offense, looking for teammates, more catch and shoot, PnR plays verses ISO's. This is more like Olympics Melo than the jab step, jab step, force it Melo. This is what MDA was trying to get him to do. WTF are you talking about?

You always have a thousand excuses for MDA...Sixers and Boston were winning games early in the season too...MDA wanted Melo to catch and shoot (quickly) from the corner...FCUKed up his game..Amazing..Dude can create, get to the rim, ISO( a bad word all of a sudden, ask Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, etc,what it means to their HOF careers),PNR, all of the above..He is playing the best basketball of his career and now u say thats what MDA wanted...MDA tried to make him fit in a box...Your proxy Woodson rants are all in defense of MDA's legacy, every one here knows that...The thing u cant run from are the results...18-6, then 54 wins last year, transform the way Melo plays the game, develop young players, etc...Nothing MDA ever has done here, he failed and is now the Lakers problem...We can make noise in the playoffs this year and looking forward to it under Woody!!!

holfresh

1/12/2014  4:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's what Said. LOL

Jim Buss is trying to make the hire not look like a mistake. Howard leaving the Lakers and taking 25 million less in the process would never have happened with Jerry and Phil running things. It probably wouldn't have happened with Bickerstaff coaching. Not a fan of D'Antoni. He seems to have resorted to his cute quips to avoid responsibility for the current losing situation he is in. I hope for Gasol's sake he is moved soon. That loss to the Clippers at the Staple Center was brutal.

It's just comical watching it...MDA has no use for centers...I'll take Gasol for Chandler...

Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy