[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

1st step
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
4/30/2004  7:20 AM
Rahim ($14,625,000), Travis outlaw ($843,000) and all trade fillers they may want for houston ($17,531,250) and KT ($5,884,500).

Why they do it :
- they lack a shooting guard
- they have a bad glut at PF
- they get great outside scoring to balance their powerful game in the paint
- that establish randolph as a starter and they get a great 6th man in KT (I do think that)
- they definitly clean their image and clear the rahim problem

Why we do it :
- we get rid of houston's contract
- we get a young prospect
- we get a better PF than all we currently have, though not the best
- rahim is an expiring contract that can be moved if he doesn't prove to be what we need

I do think, provided houston is healthy, that this trade is balanced, as they get good veterans (say everything you want about Houston and KT, but they're consumate pro). For us, it wouldn't be the only thing to do in the summer, sure, but it would give us a good first step.

I'm pretty sure that with a good team around him, Rahim can be useful yet not tremendous.

It may not be the kobe-eltonB-Tmac trade of your dreams, but this one is, I think, very doable.

What do you guys think about it ?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/30/2004  8:50 AM

I for one am hoping that Allan (like many players) just had a bad year health wise and one more round of surgery can last him his last 2 years of the contract, let him retire and knick and let his numbers just fall off the pay roll then parlay into another contract.

A also don't agree that the grass is always greener. We look at many players on other teams and think they are the answer. 22 players have suited up this year, and we about turned over 100%, and we still only played 2 games better.

So Either Isiah is flying by the seat of his pants, or has a plan.

While I think we SHOULD make huge changes to bring in great talent, I just don't think there is a whole lot that can be done en mass.

I hope our players get healthy, make a few tweeks, a block buster if opportunity knocks, but the promise of Sweets and Frank as major contributers outweights the promise of trading.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/30/2004  9:32 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I hope our players get healthy, make a few tweeks, a block buster if opportunity knocks, but the promise of Sweets and Frank as major contributers outweights the promise of trading.

Provided you don't trade them, nothing said above goes against your hopes.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/30/2004  10:49 AM
The Blazers are acutally going to have money to spend with cap space in FA next offseason. They're not taking our garbage contracts.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/30/2004  11:16 AM
Here is my take on this subject. If we retain the current roster that we have minus Anders, Harrington, and Kurt Thomas we can be a big player in the East next year. They can actually bring three other young scrubs with abilities to replace them, and I will be ok with the decision. However, whomever they bring in have to know their roles. We need scrubs that can run the floor, defend, and able to put the ball in the basket. Here is a trade that the Knicks may want to consider, Kurt Thomas and someone else to the Wiz for Etan and Larry Hughes. Hughes is only making 5 Milion for the next three or two years, and Etan will definitely need a contract. Those two are hungry and would love to find themselves in a better situation. Hughes can run the point, SG, very athletic, and scores in bunches.
The true Knickabocker..........
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/30/2004  11:26 AM
I think the Blazer finally have a team over there that is developing good chemistry. They are finally healthy and guys are developing roles.

Derek Anderson was playing great when he got back. They don't need Houston. Besides they will have some cap relief soon.

Then again they do have Rahim for no reason....getting Houston would make Derek their super sub. Plus they said they wanna change their image. Could work but do the Knicks want Rahim? I like Rahim....but Brand is better.

Any trade that would have the Knicks rid themselves of Houston would be awesome. But The Blazers would have to trust that Houston is healthy after not playing much this season and missing the playoffs due to injury.

Very interesting, no?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
1st step

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy