11/25/2001  3:23 PM
New York trades: Othella Harrington $2,475,000 to Phoenix
New York trades: Latrell Sprewell $11,250,000 to Phoenix
TOTAL: $13,725,000

Phoenix trades: Anfernee Hardaway $11,250,000 to New York
Phoenix trades: Jake Voskuhl $465,850 to New York
TOTAL: $11,715,850

-----

I'm not big on trading Spree but I'd do this trade. Phoenix wantes harrington and they only play voskuhl about 12 minutes a game. For the Knics they get a young backup center for camby. I don't know if Phoenix would do the spree-hardaway trade but I think Spree would be good under Skiles and with the running Suns with Marbury and Marion. Hardaway would give us a player who isnt undersized at the 3. If they won't do the spree-hardaway swap I'd like to get tsakalidas or voskhul to back up camby because they are big players and pretty young..
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
11/25/2001  3:39 PM
I don't know about this trade, I mean I would hate to see Spree go, and I'm not too keen on Penny - he hasn't had a full healthy season in years. We'd still be undersized at the 3, Penny is naturally a shooting guard, like Latrell is. Also, Othella has played real well recently and I don't want to see him go now. And I can't say I know a lot about this Jake guy...
We suck.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
11/25/2001  3:42 PM
We'd still be undersized at the 3, Penny is naturally a shooting guard, like Latrell is. Also, Othella has played real well recently and I don't want to see him go now. And I can't say I know a lot about this Jake guy...
The thing with Spree is that he's 6-5 and Penny is 6-7 which is a good two inches. Penny is really doing well in the zone defense now, and I think he'd be a good fit for the Knicks, evne though I agree about the injury thing. And once Camby and Weatherspoon come back I don't think Othella's going to have that much playing time. Voskhul/Tsaklidas are bigger guys (6'11 and 7'0 respectively), and they are better than Spencer (as is most of the NBA) and Knight..
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/25/2001  4:25 PM
Spree is better then Penny and Othella Harrington is better then Jake Voskuhl so i really don't see how this benefits us. Besides Spree is the heart and sole of this team and i think of we have any chance to win a championship in the next few years, he will need to be part of this team. I think we need to look into a deal with Memphis. Maybe Houston or Sprewell and Thomas for Reeves and either Pau Gasol, Shane Battie, or Stromile Swift, which ever they want to trade, but i would prefer to trade Houston instead of Spree. They have three young, future star small forwards and they can't keep them all. They are also in desprite need of a pure shooter and Houston provides both that and the possibility of being an all-star, especially out west. We could also make a move for Lamar Odom, but i don't know how we would be able to do that.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
11/25/2001  6:35 PM
Spree(6'5"): 16.4 points,0.36 blocks, 1 steal, 4 boards, 3 asists
Penny(6'7"): 19 points, 0.57 blocks, 1.5 steals. 4.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists.
and penny is on a team with marbury and marion. Who does spree have to compete with besides houston (who isnt as good as marbury or marion)? They are both the same age. You can talk about spree's leadership and his heart but he talks and doesnt produce. It's good he voices his opinion but I think he just uses lack of height as an excuse. Whether or not we have height you still have to produce each night... he has an occasional good game but you notic that most of his top games come in losses, whereas when houston scores the knicks win? I like Spree but I think we shoud trade him while people still think he is a top player.
ANd othella wont get playing time once the knicks are healthy...

[Edited by - nyballer on 11/25/2001 18:36:48]
Knixkik
USA
11/25/2001  9:27 PM
Sprewell shouldn't go anywhere unless it's for a young, versatile player who has a lot of growing to do, but can still produce all-star type numbers. Someone like Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Stro Swift, Rasheed Wallace, Richard Hamilton, and Wally Szczerbiak all come to mind. Spree should not be traded especially for a player plagued by injury. If anyone goes it should be Houston, but i still believe Sprewell, Houston, and Camby are capable of being one of the leagues top tandoms.
MCfan23
USA
11/26/2001  10:55 AM
I think we should definitely give our big three a chance and not break them up. Houston is improving (remember he usually starts out slow each season) and the Cambyman is about to make his much-aticipated return. I still think that, instead of breaking the trio up, we should build around them with high quality role players.

However, if we were offered trade for Houston/Spree when we would receive a guy like Rasheed, then I would probably accept it - but that is pretty unlikely. So, I would not do a trade like the one suggested, but concentrate on surrounding the main guys with more effective teammates. I'm still not keen on Mark Jackson and, if possible, I would like to trade him for a big man like Danny Fortson.

Now that Marcus is returning, I have high hopes for this team. Let's just see how it goes against the Hawks tonight...
We suck.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/26/2001  11:13 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

I think we should definitely give our big three a chance and not break them up. Houston is improving (remember he usually starts out slow each season) and the Cambyman is about to make his much-aticipated return. I still think that, instead of breaking the trio up, we should build around them with high quality role players.

However, if we were offered trade for Houston/Spree when we would receive a guy like Rasheed, then I would probably accept it - but that is pretty unlikely. So, I would not do a trade like the one suggested, but concentrate on surrounding the main guys with more effective teammates. I'm still not keen on Mark Jackson and, if possible, I would like to trade him for a big man like Danny Fortson.

Now that Marcus is returning, I have high hopes for this team. Let's just see how it goes against the Hawks tonight...
Marcus will be rusty. The worst thing would be for him to get destroyed by Nazr Mohammed.
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/26/2001  12:08 PM
im not sure i would do that trade both spree and harrington are better than penny and jake.
Matt
Caseloads
11/26/2001  12:18 PM
Posted by john44:

im not sure i would do that trade both spree and harrington are better than penny and jake.
The Glen Rice rule - never trade for a player you know has a propensity for injury.
Knixkik
USA
11/26/2001  3:29 PM
Marcus will be rusty. The worst thing would be for him to get destroyed by Nazr Mohammed.
He may be kind of rusty, but should still play very well. In that one pre-season game he didn't seem too rusty and was an instant spark for the limited action he saw. If that was an early indication of what is to come, we are looking at a future superstar.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/26/2001  6:39 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by john44:

The Glen Rice rule - never trade for a player you know has a propensity for injury.

I thought it was the LJ rule.

So all those hindsight GM's out there, in retrospect, would you have done the Anthony Mason-LJ trade if you knew what our cap space situation was light and the production of the players?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
11/26/2001  7:40 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by john44:

I thought it was the LJ rule.

So all those hindsight GM's out there, in retrospect, would you have done the Anthony Mason-LJ trade if you knew what our cap space situation was light and the production of the players?
Hindsight, yes, still trade Mason. LJ brought Leadership and pushed us into the finals with clutch 3's that Mason would not have delivered. Mason would have been a cancer in the locker room.
MCfan23
USA
11/27/2001  2:28 AM
Camby vs. Atlanta: 35 minutes, 18 pts, 10 boards, 2 stls, 9-13 shooting.

Other than the early airball he did great.
We suck.
trade idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy