[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

delonte west to enter draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2004  8:59 PM
boy this guy is one of my favorites, he doesnt have the nba athletiscm, but he is a guy who can play PG at 6-4 with long arms-incredible fundamentals tremendous IQ great defensive skills the rich get richer with this pick if this guy doesnt go late first round i will be shocked. i would surrender frank williams for this kid in a nano-second
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/29/2004  9:21 PM
This is why you will never be a NBA GM... ever.. Frankie is proving to be a very talented point guard who gave Jason kidd fits, and yet you are ready to trade him for some kid who has never played a NBA minute, but because you read about him in some magazine, now he is "great" come on man!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
4/29/2004  10:06 PM
unlike 99% of posters who give their opinions on basketball message boards, i actually watch a tremendous amount of CBB almost EVERY day during the season. I have seen Delonte play since he was a freshmen. i dont sit up here and scream trade kobe for shanden andersen and when i print something about a player i know what im talking about. i know more about college and high school basketball than everyone here put together, and im not trying to brag about something which sounds more like get a life, but its my favorite passed-time. Im just as big a CT Husky fan as I am a Knick fan and i am a pay member on the rivals network which tracks the top 250 high school recruits all year long so i usually know about guys like josh smith amare well before you ever heard the name, but i would never print anything unless i can see the player play with my 2 eyes.

I didnt say anything bad about Frank Williams. I said Id rather have delonte west and would trade off players in a second. thats my personal opinion. Frank williams was an absolute great high school player and a very good college player with an awful shot. he has sure shown flashes, but the player im talking about is just plain better IMHO. Just because a guy hasnt played a lick of nBA basketball--doesnt mean you cant see how he will project. Im sure there are some big basketball minds who think like i do that delonte is a better nBA prospect that Jameer Nelson who is supposed to go lottery. but again thats my opinion base on my observations
kabeesh?
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/29/2004  11:34 PM
After posting with Briggs on ultimateknicks and on nykbasketball, I'd have to vouch for him here and say he knows what he's talking about.

He's called a ton of guys way before anybody else was even mentioning their name. He knows his stuff, nobody can doubt that.
#Knickstaps
Ray15
Member: #668
4/30/2004  1:54 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i know more about college and high school basketball than everyone here put together

I'd love to get a scouting report from you then because I'm not too familiar with Delonte West's game. How is his ballhandeling? Is he quick enough to guard point guards? The way you describe his long arms and defensive skills, you remind me of Dwane Wade. Any similarities there? Who would you compare him to? Does he have NBA 3 point range.

Where's he projected to go in the draft. We may be albe to steal this kid without trading Frankie, and then put FW on the market for a big man or scoring swingman. Hopefully the hsers and foreigners push him to the late first round...
Defense and Toughness
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/30/2004  2:05 AM
Many guys look great in college and especially highschool. West is not even gonna be in the NBA probably. He is a typical college player who will never make it in the NBA. 6 4 not a PG, not really a SG, just a guard, has no place on a roster really. Trading a promising PG with great size who was a 1st round pick for West, who will be a late 2nd rounder at best is beyond stupid. BRIGGS you need to realize that 90% of the guys who come out of the draft suck. That is why there are only 29 teams, and half of them can barely put an attractice product on the floor as the league is incredibly waterd down with its constant exapnsion, and that is with Eruos coming over and actually having an impact, not like Darko. Anyways, the point is West is gonna be there at our pick, or just a summer league invite, so trading FW for him is beyond dumb.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/30/2004  11:07 AM
Briggs: give me a break, do you think you are the onlu college basketball fan in here, do you think you are the only one who watches HS basketball? please man I am as big a fan as anyone of basketball period.. You come in here talking about this kid as if he is a sure thing, and then you said you would trade Frankie for him in a nano second? How do you expect to gain credibility with crap like that? simrud put it best, not all of these kids are going to be good players, if so, we would have 49 NBA teams instead of 29, Frankie is a proven NBA player. You said you know more basketball than anyone here.. that is BS, just by that post it shows me that you know nothing more than the next kid on the block.... Listen if that is your opinion of this kid, then fine, but my post is a accumulation of crazy post you made, and no one here ever said trade shandon for Kobe, that right there is a slap in the face to every posters here intelligence.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/30/2004  11:16 AM
Geez....

Is Briggs the new Playa? I like both of these guys. They always bring up stuff and players that no one is thinking about.

Like this Delonte West. I saw an article about him declaring for the draft but could careless cuz I never seen him play. Briggs got me curious. Even though he may have never seen the guy play....Briggs brought him into the discussion.

All of us are pretty knowledgable. No one is more than me I'll tell you that much, I thank You!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
4/30/2004  1:49 PM
Delonte is half african-american half white. He has a distinguishing herpes like lesion that runs from his top left lip down. He does not have the superior NBA athletiscm that I like, but rather is a slick left handed shot who shoots with dead-eye accuracy. He can play 1-2 but ideally you would see him as a big PG with very long arms, a guy who can really rebound the ball, makes very quick decisive decisions and can post up many smaller guards with his height and length. He's deceptively quick moves well with the ball but would not be considered a fast player. His fundamentals are off the highest level--high caliber NBA stuff. St Joseph's played primarily 4 guards--delonte played on and off the point with Jameer Nelson Pat Carrol[matts brother who is also a lefty] dwayne jones john bryant and sixth man ty barley. the best way to describe his play his slick and crafty with tremndous two-way fundamentals without the superior NBA athletiscm.

Even if you were a small fan if CBB you had to have watched him 2-3 times at a minimum because their last 15 or so games were televised last year because they were undefeated until the a-10 final where they got blown out by xavier. I dont know what his favorite soup is, but I have seen him much more than enough to tell you what kind of player he is. There arent many 6-4 PGs with his skills out there.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/30/2004  2:26 PM
the only reason I'm staying away from wing players is we have such a glut I just fail to see the point.

I totally agree that Frank's shot is suspect but he's got other skills, good size, can defend bigger players and showed signs of the mental toughness (or toughness period) we have missed since Derrik Harper retired.

I dont think Frank will ever be that kind of scorer but he's got a nice set of moves around the basket and good vision. He's also showed he can be a very tough on the ball defender.

If I dont want to trade Frank its because I see how valuable Bobby JAckson is to the Kings and see Frank as that kind of player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
delonte west to enter draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy