[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with all this talk about brand, what about maggette?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2004  6:44 PM
we are log jammed in the backcourt.
we have no front court athleticism.

but what if the clips would rather get rid of magette's contract?
this guy and steph would make up our backcourt for the next 7 years.

and i think it would be easier to land a maggette than brand (Without involving a 3rd team).

he's young, he's athletic, and he attacks and gets to the line. he's should only be a junior in college and his potential is through the roof.

this way we can keep sweets.
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

4/29/2004  6:44 PM
i'd take him but our main focus needs to be front court help
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/29/2004  6:51 PM
If LAC can resign QRich and have 2 good swingmen, I might see them doing a deal for FW and ending contracts.

Maggette left Duke after his freshman season, and would've graduated (had he stayed) in '02, so he's in his mid to late 20s. Not that that's old, but he's not 22 either. (That'd be pretty wild though next year was his 6th year in the league and he would only be a college sophomore. THat'd mean he'd have to leave after like freshman year of HS. Move over LeBron!)

I'd rather get frontcourt players though, to tell you the truth.
#Knickstaps
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/30/2004  8:35 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If LAC can resign QRich and have 2 good swingmen, I might see them doing a deal for FW and ending contracts.

Maggette left Duke after his freshman season, and would've graduated (had he stayed) in '02, so he's in his mid to late 20s. Not that that's old, but he's not 22 either. (That'd be pretty wild though next year was his 6th year in the league and he would only be a college sophomore. THat'd mean he'd have to leave after like freshman year of HS. Move over LeBron!)

I'd rather get frontcourt players though, to tell you the truth.

i thought maggette is around 23? he was 19 when he was drafted was'nt he? well, maggette is their top two scorer and probably their only draw ( brand is a good player but do you think elton brand's style of play sell tickets?). cory was on fire in the beginning of the year but was a little inconsistent. but he would be the man in new york with his athleticism and high flying dunks. if we could get him, that would be great. but if the clippers are smart, they would keep them. so that means he is very available.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/30/2004  9:07 PM
magette is young he is about 23 or 24 but no older, but I want to ask this, what is it with a lot of you guys that if a player is not 19 or 21 that he is no longer good, has no more potential, and is not considered young, The NBA is a mans league, most players don't even start reaching their primes until their late 20's......
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/30/2004  11:45 PM
Well, do the Clippers need both Q-Rich and Maggette? It seems to me like they're very similar wing players, both are powerfully built SG/SFs who play bigger than they actually are, both with some great all around skills--- both are capable of 20ppg/3+apg/6rpg seasons. Having two weapons like this is great-- but this team really needs a good PG.

Both are prime tradebait if Kobe wants to relocate. Statistically, they'd give the Lakers only a minor dropoff in production. Maggette is right up there with the most athletic players in the league, right there with Kobe, Carter, etc...

Either one would be an awesome pickup--- each is better than anyone we have (Houston included) at those 2 positions. That said... very unlikely we have the commodities they want--- UNLESS OF COURSE they really like Frank...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
with all this talk about brand, what about maggette?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy