Papabear wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:Lin is making 15 mil next yr..Think about that for a sec..

Yup. If we had him it still does not affect who we can sign. It's just Dolan's money.

No it would impact what the team could do. He only counts as 8 mil on the cap for the Rockets but would have counted as 15 mil on the Knicks.

How? We were already over the cap.

I could be wrong but I think it effects which exception the team gets. You might be right in terms of sign and trades. I know the cap hit is at least triple his salary? So maybe it is just an extra 45-65 mil for Dolan for one player for one year.

It doesn't affect anything. Somebody in ESPN already documented this. Knicks were so over the cap that Lin's poison pill did not matter. It was just a matter of Dolan paying it.

Papabear Says

Don't you guys get it?? I would have never worked for Lin in New York. Lin was more popular than Melo and that was bad for the alfa dog. The press made Lin a King. Had the press played it down it would have been OK. If Melo really wanted Lin here Dolan may have brought him back but Lin didn't want to come back to New York. The hand writing was on the wall. Woody would have set him in a corner and broke him. Like he did to Copeland.

Here's what I dont understand Papabear: if you truly believe that Melo is the reason Lin's not here, how could you possibly like him? Something so silly as wanting Lin gone so he could be the alpha dog would show that Melo is quite the a**hole. I personally don't believe it because I don't Melo's that petty.

Papabear Says

I didn't say Melo was the total reason but the body language of Melo and the then coach. Melo was not buying in to Danphony's game plan. And what Melo said as a ridiculous contract that Lin signed. I am a Melo fan and that did not make me like him less. We all have egos. Just once can Melo play with the same type of stars Lebron have and then and only then we will see what Melo is made of.

Yeah but going by that belief, what stars could we bring here that wouldn't threaten Melo's desire to be alpha dog?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

1/4/2014  5:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2014  5:46 PM
Papabear wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:Lin is making 15 mil next yr..Think about that for a sec..

Yup. If we had him it still does not affect who we can sign. It's just Dolan's money.

No it would impact what the team could do. He only counts as 8 mil on the cap for the Rockets but would have counted as 15 mil on the Knicks.

How? We were already over the cap.

I could be wrong but I think it effects which exception the team gets. You might be right in terms of sign and trades. I know the cap hit is at least triple his salary? So maybe it is just an extra 45-65 mil for Dolan for one player for one year.

It doesn't affect anything. Somebody in ESPN already documented this. Knicks were so over the cap that Lin's poison pill did not matter. It was just a matter of Dolan paying it.

Papabear Says

Don't you guys get it?? I would have never worked for Lin in New York. Lin was more popular than Melo and that was bad for the alfa dog. The press made Lin a King. Had the press played it down it would have been OK. If Melo really wanted Lin here Dolan may have brought him back but Lin didn't want to come back to New York. The hand writing was on the wall. Woody would have set him in a corner and broke him. Like he did to Copeland.

Here's what I dont understand Papabear: if you truly believe that Melo is the reason Lin's not here, how could you possibly like him? Something so silly as wanting Lin gone so he could be the alpha dog would show that Melo is quite the a**hole. I personally don't believe it because I don't Melo's that petty.

Papabear Says

I didn't say Melo was the total reason but the body language of Melo and the then coach. Melo was not buying in to Danphony's game plan. And what Melo said as a ridiculous contract that Lin signed. I am a Melo fan and that did not make me like him less. We all have egos. Just once can Melo play with the same type of stars Lebron have and then and only then we will see what Melo is made of.

But you just said Melo's ego cannot handle playing with another star that threatens his own popularity. Doesn't that mean melo would run any of these "stars" out of town as well the moment he's not the only hero?

Game Thread: Knicks travel to Houston; 1/3/14 8:00 PM ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy