[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks travel to Houston; 1/3/14 8:00 PM ET
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/4/2014  12:44 AM
holfresh wrote:Lin is making 15 mil next yr..Think about that for a sec..

Yup. If we had him it still does not affect who we can sign. It's just Dolan's money.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/4/2014  12:45 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

Yup. If we had him it still does not affect who we can sign. It's just Dolan's money.

No it would impact what the team could do. He only counts as 8 mil on the cap for the Rockets but would have counted as 15 mil on the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
USA
1/4/2014  12:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

No it would impact what the team could do. He only counts as 8 mil on the cap for the Rockets but would have counted as 15 mil on the Knicks.

How? We were already over the cap.

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2014  12:50 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I could be wrong but I think it effects which exception the team gets. You might be right in terms of sign and trades. I know the cap hit is at least triple his salary? So maybe it is just an extra 45-65 mil for Dolan for one player for one year.
NYKBocker
USA
1/4/2014  12:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I could be wrong but I think it effects which exception the team gets. You might be right in terms of sign and trades. I know the cap hit is at least triple his salary? So maybe it is just an extra 45-65 mil for Dolan for one player for one year.

It doesn't affect anything. Somebody in ESPN already documented this. Knicks were so over the cap that Lin's poison pill did not matter. It was just a matter of Dolan paying it.

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2014  1:00 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

It doesn't affect anything. Somebody in ESPN already documented this. Knicks were so over the cap that Lin's poison pill did not matter. It was just a matter of Dolan paying it.

I think you are right in regards to player movement. It was estimated though that it would cost an extra 65 million though. That is a pretty big expense for one year for one player.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/4/2014  1:05 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Papabear Says

Don't you guys get it?? I would have never worked for Lin in New York. Lin was more popular than Melo and that was bad for the alfa dog. The press made Lin a King. Had the press played it down it would have been OK. If Melo really wanted Lin here Dolan may have brought him back but Lin didn't want to come back to New York. The hand writing was on the wall. Woody would have set him in a corner and broke him. Like he did to Copeland.

Papabear
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/4/2014  1:07 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

He had a breakaway layup where he shook Beno and completely missed the rim and caught the ball on the other side..He tried a couple of left hand lays where he wasn't even close..McHale got fed up..15 mil next year ..

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2014  1:23 AM
holfresh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

He had a breakaway layup where he shook Beno and completely missed the rim and caught the ball on the other side..He tried a couple of left hand lays where he wasn't even close..McHale got fed up..15 mil next year ..

Lin has had a pretty good year but he doesn't seem to be McHale's type of point guard. I have heard/read McHale defend Lin but he had him splitting minutes with Douglas and then losing minutes to Beverly. Now he is splitting with Brooks. Not sure if McHale was making a statement Sitting Lin out the entire fourth quarter against his former team or just trying to win a game.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/4/2014  1:31 AM
It was amazing to see how many players passed up open shots to close the game. Shump keep doing your thing(your making Guns proud). The Knicks still find ways to lose and Melo reverted a bit in the 4th. Woody is really losing this game with his coaching decisions. Why in the world do you have STat and Bargs together and on top of that let STat guard Howard? I just hope Melo and Shump can keep up their good play then Felton and Prigs could maybe provide a third scoring threat.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/4/2014  1:36 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:It was amazing to see how many players passed up open shots to close the game. Shump keep doing your thing(your making Guns proud). The Knicks still find ways to lose and Melo reverted a bit in the 4th. Woody is really losing this game with his coaching decisions. Why in the world do you have STat and Bargs together and on top of that let STat guard Howard? I just hope Melo and Shump can keep up their good play then Felton and Prigs could maybe provide a third scoring threat.

How good would Lowry look in a Knick uni, Felt off the bench and still have Shump..I'm dreaming..
CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2014  1:38 AM
holfresh wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:It was amazing to see how many players passed up open shots to close the game. Shump keep doing your thing(your making Guns proud). The Knicks still find ways to lose and Melo reverted a bit in the 4th. Woody is really losing this game with his coaching decisions. Why in the world do you have STat and Bargs together and on top of that let STat guard Howard? I just hope Melo and Shump can keep up their good play then Felton and Prigs could maybe provide a third scoring threat.

How good would Lowry look in a Knick uni, Felt off the bench and still have Shump..I'm dreaming..
I watched some of the Lakers game and I think the Knicks missed the boat on Kendall Marshall.
yellowboy90

1/4/2014  1:41 AM
holfresh wrote:

Yeah it would probably be good. My dream would be to somehow get Lowry and Spencer Hawes.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

1/4/2014  11:25 AM
VDesai wrote:Anyway I can't make my argument any differently- I really don't hate that shot by JR. If he makes that open look- the way that he generally did last year, we would've have won this game without any doubt in my mind.

I agree. The scramble off an offensive board is usually going to lead to an open look, and I really don't hate that shot either. What I hated was the dumb foul Beno committed when Brooks was all the way on the other side of the court.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/4/2014  12:29 PM
It's easy to blame JR for this loss, but to be fair if he had of held onto the ball then passed to Melo, Melo would have missed it as he has every time this season. We wouldn't have won in OT. Plus we even had a chance to undo JR's mistake, and Shump missed, Beno didn't take the open 3, Beno missed the 2. As annoying as JR's decision was, the loss isn't all on him.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/4/2014  12:50 PM
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Papabear Says

Don't you guys get it?? I would have never worked for Lin in New York. Lin was more popular than Melo and that was bad for the alfa dog. The press made Lin a King. Had the press played it down it would have been OK. If Melo really wanted Lin here Dolan may have brought him back but Lin didn't want to come back to New York. The hand writing was on the wall. Woody would have set him in a corner and broke him. Like he did to Copeland.

Here's what I dont understand Papabear: if you truly believe that Melo is the reason Lin's not here, how could you possibly like him? Something so silly as wanting Lin gone so he could be the alpha dog would show that Melo is quite the a**hole. I personally don't believe it because I don't Melo's that petty.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/4/2014  1:37 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Papabear Says

Here's what I dont understand Papabear: if you truly believe that Melo is the reason Lin's not here, how could you possibly like him? Something so silly as wanting Lin gone so he could be the alpha dog would show that Melo is quite the a**hole. I personally don't believe it because I don't Melo's that petty.

i do. and by the way melo is far from being a leader/alpha dog. that's part of the problem with the roster. the most expensive player isn't a leader and doesn't play like a leader either.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90

1/4/2014  2:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:It's easy to blame JR for this loss, but to be fair if he had of held onto the ball then passed to Melo, Melo would have missed it as he has every time this season. We wouldn't have won in OT. Plus we even had a chance to undo JR's mistake, and Shump missed, Beno didn't take the open 3, Beno missed the 2. As annoying as JR's decision was, the loss isn't all on him.

Why didn't melo force the other shots as well instead of passing to a wide open Shump or Beno? ANyway, JR has to hold onto the ball to not give Houston a chance to win it. Beno also should not have fouled and gave the D a chance. Beno came up very small at the end again too.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/4/2014  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2014  2:58 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Papabear Says

i do. and by the way melo is far from being a leader/alpha dog. that's part of the problem with the roster. the most expensive player isn't a leader and doesn't play like a leader either.

I don't think Melo's the leader either. Since he's been here, he's been pushed into a position in which he doesn't belong.

As for the Lin thing, it honestly seems like all a writer has to do is throw Melo's name out there and through an anonymous source and people will eat it up. When I saw a report that said Melo was unhappy with Shumps attitude and that was a big part of the reason for him being put on the market, I became sure of it.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/4/2014  5:13 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

I didn't say Melo was the total reason but the body language of Melo and the then coach. Melo was not buying in to Danphony's game plan. And what Melo said as a ridiculous contract that Lin signed. I am a Melo fan and that did not make me like him less. We all have egos. Just once can Melo play with the same type of stars Lebron have and then and only then we will see what Melo is made of.

Papabear
Game Thread: Knicks travel to Houston; 1/3/14 8:00 PM ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy