[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks visit the Spurs, 1/2/2014 8:30 PM ET
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/3/2014  10:58 AM
dk7th wrote:yeah i agree with bonn... no point in watching this team until they play themselves back into relevance. it's nice to win a game now and then, but really-- the whole season has been a real turn-off, both figuratively and literally.

i'll start watching more closely again when the nix reach .500.

until then the so-called real fans can continue arguing about how many angels fit on the head of a pin

Yes and the rest will continue to refine the definition of "front runner".

AUTOADVERT
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

1/3/2014  11:04 AM
Good game, but as the disgruntled fan in that viral video said "I'm not happy until these guys win 5 in a row". This was a typical Knicks win -one you'd never expect looking over the schedule. Winning feels good, let's win some more. I won't bite the bait just yet.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2014  11:11 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Their improved play aside, what I really liked about this game was how everyone was communicating with each other on the floor. When there was a defensive lapse, or something went wrong on offense, more often than not they talked it over, or yelled at each other and went over what should have happened. Even Woodson was yelling at JR with seconds left in the game.

One thing that worries me is Beno. Two consecutive plays in crunch time he coughed up the ball. Not the first time he's done that late in a game. Would rather have Murry in there if its a choice between the two.

I agree about Beno. Also, Murry got shook when he was pressured in the fourth quarter. Amare hit a big shot and bailed him out. Hopefully Murry continues to develop. I still think the best move with Beno is to see if someone will give the Knicks a second round pick for him once Pablo and Felton are right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/3/2014  11:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Their improved play aside, what I really liked about this game was how everyone was communicating with each other on the floor. When there was a defensive lapse, or something went wrong on offense, more often than not they talked it over, or yelled at each other and went over what should have happened. Even Woodson was yelling at JR with seconds left in the game.

One thing that worries me is Beno. Two consecutive plays in crunch time he coughed up the ball. Not the first time he's done that late in a game. Would rather have Murry in there if its a choice between the two.

I agree about Beno. Also, Murry got shook when he was pressured in the fourth quarter. Amare hit a big shot and bailed him out. Hopefully Murry continues to develop. I still think the best move with Beno is to see if someone will give the Knicks a second round pick for him once Pablo and Felton are right.

As I said in another thread, I think Murry needs to get used to the speed of the NBA game. Hasn't faced many defenses like the Spurs have. The way Beno coughed up the ball twice, pretty much dribbling right into his defender both times, makes me believe that Murry is a better choice. Id be happy for a 2nd rounder for Beno but he needs to make a better case to other teams.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/3/2014  1:59 PM
Great to get a win against a good team- f*** you, Belinelli!

I know someone posted that Melo choked again, and I agree he seems to miss his end of the game 4th Q shots these days, but to be fair, the refs seem to be ridiculously reluctant to call fouls for him in the 4th- on an earlier play he drove to the basket, got clobbered by 3 Spurs, and no call. This has been going on all season, and it's led to him shooting bad, long 2s rather drive to the hoop.

Oh, and speaking of which, Parker fouled him THREE TIMES on that play near the end- held his jersey as he ran after the ball, hit him, then pushed him, which the ref's finally called a foul on.

Anyways, great to see Shump play so well, no idea if JR was sulking or genuinely trying to be selfless, but he seems to have better games when he plays invisible.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/3/2014  2:57 PM
if they win 6 in a row, 5 more, they are still behind Boston! LAst night was encouraging because Melo played well. He passed. Shump made shots and played possessed. If those 2 things continue they will MORE than they lose. SO over the next 50 games, can they go 35-25? Yes. So they can reach .500, IMO.

BUT...there is always a BUT...

If its a one night thing, then its over. I am not convinced getting Felton back is a good thing.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2014  3:00 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:if they win 6 in a row, 5 more, they are still behind Boston! LAst night was encouraging because Melo played well. He passed. Shump made shots and played possessed. If those 2 things continue they will MORE than they lose. SO over the next 50 games, can they go 35-25? Yes. So they can reach .500, IMO.

BUT...there is always a BUT...

If its a one night thing, then its over. I am not convinced getting Felton back is a good thing.

I wish Felton would just stay out until he is fully healed. He makes a big difference when he is in shape and right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game Thread: Knicks visit the Spurs, 1/2/2014 8:30 PM ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy