[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT Jet fans
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/1/2014  11:15 AM
I don't know how many of you are here-- but I have watched Johnny Manziel all year and with our position pick at 14--I think there is a realistic chance we will have the opportunity to take him. I dont care if he is 6-1-or not prototypical size.--this man has the combination of mental and physical makeup of a big time winner. Hes strong fast and he throws a nice ball he makes big plays with his legs and his intangibles are off the chart--a type of player we might not have had since Joe Namath. Id love to get his tall WR as well Evans--as we need a bigger target--but to me Manziel is a must. He can compete with Geno Smith --competition is good but please as an organization--conisder drafting this unique player and or move up if needed to acquire him.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
1/1/2014  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2014  12:45 PM
I think our pick is 18 but I wouldn't pick another qb. I'd go for an offensive weapon with the first pick. I mean a receiver or TE.
Bring back dee-fense
BRIGGS
1/1/2014  12:46 PM
JesseDark wrote:I think our pick is 18 but I wouldn't pick another qb. I'd go for an offensive weapon with the first pick. I mean a receiver or TE.

hes the best offensive weapon in the draft

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/1/2014  1:13 PM
The Jets have two guys battling already in Geno and Sims. They should be looking to build around that.

The Giants on the other hand might need to take a long hard look at the kid. Eli Manning had a down year, but if that happens again next season we are dead. Eli deserves a chance though he's earned that.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/1/2014  1:43 PM
He won't drop out of the top 5. Giants need to go Oline. Jets will go WR. Jets have cap space though and could go after Jay Cutler.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/1/2014  2:21 PM
I hope not on cutler dudes way over rated mccown showed us that this year... With the offensive weapons he had on the bears dude should have had the best record in the nfl... I'd stick with the young core of smith and sims. I think if smith has some weapons at wr he can be great... Though I'm not gonna lie it's gonna be tempting to take manziel if he is still in the draft when we pick...i think our needs are wr, oline, db,. And like I said go get smith some weapons to toss the ball to.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/1/2014  2:34 PM
Jets really should give Simms a chance. He is so much better than Geno its ridiculous....but if Johnny Football is available...this is the type of move that the Jets would likely take. I can see Geno being moved for picks if this happens. They can probably get a 3rd rounder or Geno.
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
1/1/2014  2:37 PM
Remember these are not Tannenbaum's Jets anymore and I think you'll see Idzik spend wisely.

Could see them adding Tate (from Seattle - Idzik's old team)
and
Draft WR for the first pick
and
Sign a cheap backup to compete w/ Geno (Shaun Hill, Vick, Henne) because all the top QBs in the draft will be gone.

Jets have starphucked the position enough - Favre, Sanchez, Tebow - and with some WR, TE, OL help and a 2nd yr under Morningwheg, Geno could possibly become a pretty solid QB. Can't see them continuing to trade picks away as they have. Maybe they take a QB w/ the multiple picks they have in later rounds. Russell Wilson was a 3rd rd pick and Seattle seems to be the model that they are trying to copy.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/1/2014  2:50 PM
JesseDark wrote:I think our pick is 18 but I wouldn't pick another qb. I'd go for an offensive weapon with the first pick. I mean a receiver or TE.

I am not sold on manziel, I want to get some WR help for geno.. I like sammy watkins..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/1/2014  3:24 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:He won't drop out of the top 5. Giants need to go Oline. Jets will go WR. Jets have cap space though and could go after Jay Cutler.

Jay Cutler? lord no!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/1/2014  3:25 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Jets really should give Simms a chance. He is so much better than Geno its ridiculous....but if Johnny Football is available...this is the type of move that the Jets would likely take. I can see Geno being moved for picks if this happens. They can probably get a 3rd rounder or Geno.

what evidence of that do you have?

NYKBocker
USA
1/1/2014  5:30 PM
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Jets really should give Simms a chance. He is so much better than Geno its ridiculous....but if Johnny Football is available...this is the type of move that the Jets would likely take. I can see Geno being moved for picks if this happens. They can probably get a 3rd rounder or Geno.

what evidence of that do you have?

Like everything else, its a matter of opinion. To me, Simms is just better in the following...
1. Pocket presence. He knows when to step up or slide left or right.
2. Better touch. Simms would deliver catchable balls.
3. He had better command in his team.
4. Did not seem to get rattled as much as Geno.

or maybe its just because I am a Giant homer and I love anything Simms.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/1/2014  7:52 PM
Simms wasn't really tested. I like the kid but we need to take it easy on overrating his performance against mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers.

This team has needs in the skill positions. Yes it would be nice to add a talent like Manziel but we need desperately to improve WR, TE, DB ETC. I think that has to take prescedence over anything else.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2014  10:57 AM
If I'm a Jet fan I want to see Manziel throwing the deep ball to Hakeem Nicks

They don't have much invested in Geno. He can be a good trade chip. Bring in a veteran QB like Kolb or Schaeb.

Drafting a wide receiver unless it's a Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant type is a major crap shoot. Can't expect anything out of their rookie years when they are still learning routes. WR should be addressed via free agency. Yes to Hakeem Nicks no to Mike Wallace

Those moves will but the Jets in Super Bowl contention. Probably move past my Giants who are a mess at the core(O-Line)

BRIGGS
1/2/2014  12:08 PM
Id make this happen--Id give next years #1 and this years to move up to take him. Its very hard to find an elite type QB who can change everything--I think this is the guy,
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
USA
1/2/2014  12:20 PM
The latest trend with the so called draft experts is that Cleveland is taking Johnny Football at #4. Unless Jets trade up, you are not getting Johnny Football.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2014  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2014  1:35 PM
Yea true. Regardless. Do not waste high picks on receivers. Sign Nicks. Draft the TE out of Texas Tech. You offense improves by leaps and bounds. Even with Geno Smith
OT Jet fans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy