8. Spencer Hawes 15pts 9rbs 1.5blks
9. Paul Gasol
10. Anthony Davis (hyprid)
11. Nikola Vucevic 13pts 12rbs
12. Nicola Pekovic 17pts 9rbs
13. Marc Gasol
14. Demarcus Cousins

Gortat, Lopez,Kid from Toronto, Plumlee, Varejo

Let's not overate his defense. Because his offense is one of the worst at his position in the league. Everyone says he was basting to start the season when in fact he was averaging 8pts 9rbs. On what planet is that beasting.

Once you develop a reputation people just assume you are an elite defender.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2013  10:37 PM
Knicks22 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Melo out tomorrow as well.

the woodson quote in your footer priceless.....

The guy went 72-33 prior to this season as the knick coach. He didn't suddenly forget how to coach and he is the only guy to win as a knicks coach since the 2000 season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Clean
Member: #743
12/27/2013  10:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2013  10:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

The guy went 72-33 prior to this season as the knick coach. He didn't suddenly forget how to coach and he is the only guy to win as a knicks coach since the 2000 season.

what is his playoff record as the Knicks coqach?

VCoug
Member: #1406

12/27/2013  10:54 PM
MS wrote:Centers you would take over Chandler.
1. Dwight Howard
2. Roy Hibbert
3. Deandre Jordan
4. Andrew Drummond
5. Al Horford
6. Amir Asik
7. Brook Lopez
8. Spencer Hawes 15pts 9rbs 1.5blks
9. Paul Gasol
10. Anthony Davis (hyprid)
11. Nikola Vucevic 13pts 12rbs
12. Nicola Pekovic 17pts 9rbs
13. Marc Gasol
14. Demarcus Cousins

Gortat, Lopez,Kid from Toronto, Plumlee, Varejo

Let's not overate his defense. Because his offense is one of the worst at his position in the league. Everyone says he was basting to start the season when in fact he was averaging 8pts 9rbs. On what planet is that beasting.

Once you develop a reputation people just assume you are an elite defender.

Brook Lopez is missing another season due to injury. Deandre Jordan is a really bad defensive player and a worse offensive player than Tyson. Asik and Tyson are similar defensively but Asik is garbage offensively. Pau Gasol five years ago sure but his play has really fallen off a cliff. Vucevic if I'm building for the future,absolutely. But not today. Same thing with Drummond. Pekovic is very good offensively but another terrible defensive player.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2013  10:56 PM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

He is the first Knick coach to win a playoff series in 14 years. Also, he is only the second coach to win a playoff series with Dolan owning the team. JVG did it in 99.
Clean
12/27/2013  11:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

He is the first Knick coach to win a playoff series in 14 years. Also, he is only the second coach to win a playoff series with Dolan owning the team. JVG did it in 99.

You did not answer the question.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/27/2013  11:02 PM
Woodson is also stubborn and went away from what got him those wins, playing small.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/27/2013  11:05 PM
where's noah
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2013  11:11 PM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

You don't know the answer? Link.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/woodsmi01c.html
Clean
12/27/2013  11:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

The reason I asked you is because I wanted to see if you would answer it. I wanted to see if you would still use the logic that you used to defend him with his playoff record. The only reasons the regular season matter is to make the playoffs and to get the best seeding in the playoffs. The playoffs is where it rally counts. Well his playoff record is 7 and 10. Did he suddenly forget how to coach during the time when it really counted?

Marcala12
Member: #3972

12/27/2013  11:32 PM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

what's Jeremy Lin's playoff resume like? Doesn't stop people on this board from gushing over him every chance they get. Up until this year, Woody had a solid body of work. He did some good things with ATL too, got housed by Lebron and prime Dwight, but actually took the C's to 7 games the year they won it all.

Marcala12
Member: #3972

12/27/2013  11:44 PM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

The reason I asked you is because I wanted to see if you would answer it. I wanted to see if you would still use the logic that you used to defend him with his playoff record. The only reasons the regular season matter is to make the playoffs and to get the best seeding in the playoffs. The playoffs is where it rally counts. Well his playoff record is 7 and 10. Did he suddenly forget how to coach during the time when it really counted?

dude give it a rest. you're gonna hang the 4 losses to the C's in 11' on Woody? do you remember what happened that year? to refresh your memory, after Melo and Stat (who left early in a tight game), here was the rest of the rotation in order of minutes played in that series:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

Clean
12/27/2013  11:50 PM
Marcala12 wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

dude give it a rest. you're gonna hang the 4 losses to the C's in 11' on Woody? do you remember what happened that year? to refresh your memory, after Melo and Stat (who left early in a tight game), here was the rest of the rotation in order of minutes played in that series:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

I am just using the same logic he did. All he listed was the record of the regular season. Since the playoff is where it really counts I am assuming those records account for more than regular season records in his mind. I never said I agreed with that logic. I am just using his logic.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/28/2013  12:07 AM
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

you are a rational human being.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2013  12:12 AM
Clean wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

I am just using the same logic he did. All he listed was the record of the regular season. Since the playoff is where it really counts I am assuming those records account for more than regular season records in his mind. I never said I agreed with that logic. I am just using his logic.

Not sure what logic you are referring to. Woodson took a team that was 18-24 and went 18-5. He lost Lin, Amare for most of that run and then lost Baron and Shump in the playoffs. Up until this year the guy has excelled in an ever changing situation in regards to his roster while working in a dysfunctional work environment.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/28/2013  12:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

Not sure what logic you are referring to. Woodson took a team that was 18-24 and went 18-5. He lost Lin, Amare for most of that run and then lost Baron and Shump in the playoffs. Up until this year the guy has excelled in an ever changing situation in regards to his roster while working in a dysfunctional work environment.

you are an irrational human being.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/28/2013  5:41 AM
Typical Knicks game:

Brick, brick, brick, unforced TO, unforced TO, brick, open three for scrubs on opposing team, open three for scrub on opposing team, scoring drought, long 2, brick, long two, brick, switch needlessly on defense, brick.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/28/2013  10:41 AM
Marcala12 wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

Woodson wasn't even there that season.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Clean
12/28/2013  1:27 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Marcala12 wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Clean wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:

Tony Douglas
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Bill Walker
Ronny Turfiaf
Landry Fields
Anthony Carter

Woodson wasn't even there that season.

The line I made bold seems extremely ironic now.

Knicks22
Member: #5689

12/28/2013  1:48 PM

crush: yep, last year had great regular season record, and no doubt he didn't forget to coach this year.
My point in mocking the quote - about accountability, and playing hard - is that its impossible to watch this team - the handling of JR, the glaring absence of effort, and suggest that his 'accountability' and 'effort' mantra is credible.

They played zero defense under MDA, (though Woodson was the defensive coach), and they're playing no defense now. Offensively, its ISO ball. Woodson got lots of credit for last year's record, he takes no accountability for a team which - besides it record - barely shows up with effort many games?

GT: Raptors @ Knicks (Fri 730pm MSG): Battle for the Titanic Game 1 of 2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy